PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's Leftovers

Grignr
06-16-2010, 04:48 AM
This seemed like an obvious thread, but a search didn't turn up anything, so here goes.

A thread where we take the leftovers and make them awesome.

Last night was homemade mac&cheese, made with "Vintage Choice" Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar and some romano cheese. It congealed pretty good during baking and is a bit crispy around the edges. It's a bit dry to just reheat, so my instinct is to saute some mushrooms in butter/oil and then combine with the m&c to make it smooth and maybe mix in some peas and crumbled italian sausage. A tasty but not very healthy instinct.

My other idea is to mix in tomato sauce, ground beef, and some frozen vegs, but due to the anti-sauce and anti-ground beef factions in the house, this would result in me eating it for lunch for a week.

Your job: suggest other ideas for my mac&cheese, OR post your leftovers ingredients for others to work with.

Brickroad
06-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Right now my fridge is FULL of brocolii & cheddar soup. Every time Peanut makes this she makes 12 times as much as we could ever actually eat. So for the next week or so we will be combining brocolli & cheddar soup with absolutely every meal.

Nodal
06-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Right now my fridge is FULL of brocolii & cheddar soup. Every time Peanut makes this she makes 12 times as much as we could ever actually eat. So for the next week or so we will be combining brocolli & cheddar soup with absolutely every meal.

Oh man I do this whenever I make some kind of peanut sauce pasta. Because it's even better when cold for some reason, and then you have pasta forever.