PDA

View Full Version : Lupus Canus et Mundus ex Obscuritas

Lucas
02-05-2011, 12:11 AM
(Forgive the bad Latin - I couldn't think of a clever title, so I thought I'd settle for a pretentious one.)

My friend's on a huge vampire kick right now (even moreso than usual, that is) and is thinking of running a World of Darkness game. Between him trying to hook me into that and talk about Exalted coming up in last night's D&D game, I figured we need a WoD/general White Wolf thread. Come here and talk about your Vampires, your Mages, your Exalted, heck, even your Big Eyes, Small Mouth! (BESM 3rd Ed was published by an (apparently now dead) imprint of White Wolf's after GoO died, you know.)

So, for his game, my friend's getting me to do something I never really expected: play as a vampire. Generally I'd never play as one of those walking STD metaphors, but something about his enthusiasm is sucking me in. Here's the thing, though: I want to play a Nosferatu. I want to so bad. I want to look like a monster. I want to freak people out. I want to have invisibility and super strength and the ability to give people nightmares with a look and dammit, if I'm going to get all those I'm going to go for the clan that can do it most cheaply.

My friend that will be running the game keeps pushing in the other direction, saying I'll never be able to do anything with other players and baw baw baw. I think the problem is that he's going off the Masquerade fluff where, as I recall, nossies seen by almost anyone were automatically considered to be breaking the Masquerade and were hunted down by other vampires. In the Requiem rules I'm reading right now though, it sounds more like they're just extremely unsettling and sometimes discriminated against but otherwise able to get around in vampire society and generally have an easier time of getting around on the street - I don't see any reason why a Nosferatu in heavy clothing (say baggy pants and a hoody) couldn't walk among humanity for at least a short time.

shivam
02-05-2011, 12:22 AM
i never really enjoyed the core wod games, but i'm currently playing in an exalted campaign that i'm loving to death. it's just so...over the top fun.

that said, nosferatu for life.

kaisel
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm running an online game of Geist for my wife and brother. I'm not super fond of the system, as I prefer a little more balance, it's still pretty good fun. And Geist would be trivial to skin as a Persona game, were someone inclined to do so.

Lucas
02-05-2011, 02:06 PM
That could actually be a way to sell my vampire friend on Geist. Not that I'm sure I want to, but it could work!