PDA

View Full Version : TT Wrestling League?

Eddie
02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Guys, all this talk about wrastlin' recently has made me pine to create a virtual wrestling league, where we create our own wrestlers, make and break alliances, and have fun.

Does anyone know of any online game or otherwise where we could creater our own TT league and virtually tangle? Perferably a game where we could build/level our own wrestler, that is somewhat balanced.

I'm familar with the Wrestling Game (http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/more_information.asp) but I don't think such a system would work all that well (plus the MMO aspect of it would reward some players over others). Still, I'm open for input.

I think this should happen! It would be called the Wrestling Time Federation if I had my way.

- Eddie

Becksworth
02-09-2011, 05:51 PM
W! T! F!
W! T! F!

I would be interested in this, though I don't know if I would be able to meet online at a specified time consistently (also, I definitely don't have enough time for anything MMO like), and would likely fall behind exp. wise.

Ideally, I would like some sort of system where I could create/manage a small staple of wrestlers, and if I can't make it to one "event" I can declare any challenges/alliances/screw jobs I want to make on the forums, and an impartial "Referee" can run my character for me.

Lucas
02-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I'd try this out. I have nothing to add about running it, though.

widdershins
02-09-2011, 07:38 PM
I would be interested in this, if only to see how it goes.

Admission: When I was about 15 or so, I decided to join an online wrestling league that was more or less the same kind of premise, however the way that matches worked was you and your opponent would each send the company manager a fictional writeup of your match, and based on believability and originality, they would pick a winner, and post an official copy of how the match went -- normally composed in parts of all participant's entries.

It sounded really awesome in concept, but fell apart when I realized that everyone else there was also a 15 year old, so you can imagine what that shit actually looked like.

Eddie
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
I think you could go at it two ways.

The first is to playing something like the Wrestling Game, where you've got a lot of room to basically create your own wrestler. We cuold easily set it up so that we challenge and fight only people on TT. We couldn't do anything about other people challenging US but there you go.

The second way I could see this working is by having one person using a wrestling simulation program. People in the thread would 'set up' matches, and then some moderator would run them, and post the results.

I think we should gather some more input into what we're looking for. The perfect solution would be some sort of private online game we could run via the forum or a website, but I don't know if that is possible or workable. I think the second option is probably the best, but why don't we gauge interest and collectively look into some options.

- Eddie

dulynoted
02-18-2011, 07:21 AM
Consider me interested.