PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Magic

TirMcDohl
02-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Alright, I've decided to take the plunge and start to seriously work toward this idea I've had floating in the back of my head for a few months now:

A Youtube (or maybe blip, if the episodes run too long) series about a series of games of Magic: The Gathering, played up for laughs.

The idea is that each card, save for land, would have some sort of physical representation, with stuff like creatures being played by actual people, as an example.

I'm thinking that this would need to have a written script, and carefully managed. Maybe there could be some sort of story arc involved.

I already have the camera and video editing software. I just need to pit decks against each other and write scripts out of that. As far as where to shoot, I already have a location in mind at the local community college.

Other random thoughts:

Planeswalkers will be like professional wrestlers, with goofy promos and dramatic entrances.

+1/+1 counters will be represented by plastic "gold" jewelry, and accumulating a lot of it to look like Mr. T or something. Scute Mob, anyone? (http://magiccards.info/zen/en/182.html)

ESPN-style commentators, complete with suits and headsets? (I have a pair of big David Clarks that are used on helicopters.)

ThornGhost
02-15-2011, 09:19 AM
My advice for ANY video going on the internet for humorous purposes is to edit edit edit til you can't edit no more. Then edit a little more. Cut it to the very BONE. Faster is better.