PDA

View Full Version : Heroclix

SilentSnake
07-16-2011, 10:27 AM
So I had no idea what these things were before yesterday. I'm not really into collecting figures, I don't read comics, and I'm clueless when it comes to Tabletop Minis. But my local store just got a giant shipment in of the new set, and they're pushing them hard. I decided to get a single booster just to see what the fuss was about.

I played a game with them and it turns out they're actually a lot of fun! It's like some kind of strange, dynamic SRPG, but on a physical map and with superheroes. And it looked complicated at first, but I started to grasp it really quickly. I even almost won my first 4-player game! The store is probably going to start drafting this Monday, so I can't wait to see how that plays out.

And if that wasn't enough, the next set appears to be Street Fighter, something I actually know something about! That will be neat to see.

Anyways, anyone else here play? Played before? I'm kind of riding a wave of enthusiasm at the moment and want to hear more.

Queen Possum
07-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, but I haven't played in years. I used to play every week at my comic shop, but I kept losing to 7 year olds and it made me table-flipping mad, and eventually I realized I wasn't good enough to keep paying 5 bucks every week for the tournaments. Probably wouldn't mind playing against actual non-7-year-old people again sometime, tho.

That said, I have a giant box of dupes and superfluous pieces in my closet if you want some for cheap.

benjibot
07-16-2011, 12:19 PM
I haven't played Heroclix, but my girlfriend loves Horrorclix and I've played that. My shop recently started carrying Clix. I really dig the Stilt Man.

dulynoted
07-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Anyways, anyone else here play? Played before? I'm kind of riding a wave of enthusiasm at the moment and want to hear more.

I have been playing this game for like 6-7 years. I mean, the past year or so I fell out a bit, but I still pay attention to what's coming out and want to find a place to be able to maybe start playing regularly again. At the very least, I will play the hell out of some booster drafts at Dragon Con. Also, it is crazy fun to watch Queen Possum almost flip the table on a 7 year old. Just saying.