PDA

View Full Version : Today is 24-hour comic day

Deptford
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Apparently! (http://www.24hourcomicsday.com/)

Anybody taking part?

"Ooooohhhh, but Deptford, it's too late now, it's already almost noon--"

COWARD! I'm only now getting started myself, AND have several other obligations over the course of today which I'll also tend to! The point is to TRY!

I'll be posting mine upon completion (which will, hopefully, be by midnight tonight), and all of you should do the same.

Sanagi
10-01-2011, 06:38 PM
I might've done it if any of the comic-related websites I read every day had warned me that this was happening! Oh well. I just need to doodle more in general, anyway.

Chu
10-01-2011, 07:24 PM
I completely forgot and it's nearly 7:30! Oh well, maybe next year.

...Or maybe any day I just feel like doing it?

Good luck to those who are participating!

Deptford
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Lookin' it over, it seems like the 24 hours start whenever pencil first hits paper, so anyone looking to take part can still start now and finish tomorrow if you want to LIVE THE LEGEND.

This is good, because I started at noon, and though I have done well enough with the time available today, I'm only a li'l past halfway. So, I can still finish tomorrow!...truth be told, I'm still not entirely sure if I'll make it, but again, it's a fun project simply to attempt, and even if you don't finish it in time, you'll still have some character-building cartooning experience, and 24 pages' worth of frantic material whenever you can finish.

Bongo Bill
10-01-2011, 07:44 PM
I have enjoyed many 24-hour comics in the past. GODSPEED, YOU CRAZY HEROES.

Googleshng
10-01-2011, 08:43 PM
If you're really coming down to the wire, don't forget this desperation tactic:

"Suddenly, there was an avalanche!"

tungwene
10-02-2011, 12:02 AM
I had a really good idea for one which if I hadn't had a nine hour shift today I would've attempted.

:(

Bongo Bill
10-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Fact: You can do a 24-hour comic any time you want to.

Deptford
10-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Yeah, the biggest benefit is simply that it acts as a reason to do something you might not normally decide to do, or simply get around to doing. But the day itself doesn't truly live in the calender. It lives in your heart.

Due to Circumstances I won't quite be finishing mine by my own deadline, but I will still wrap it up and have it set aside, possibly as a Deluxe-size Surrealist Obituaries update. And y'know what? It's a pretty neat thing. And when a day does come by not chock-full of other matters needing addressing, I do believe I'll try another one of these wild things.

Sprite
10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought about doing this but then decided that I enjoy my drawing arm and don't want to destroy it.