PDA

View Full Version : How is podcast formd?

Zarathustra
07-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I want to make a podcast, but i have NO MONEY and NO IDEA how to begin.

i do have a microphone headset!

What do? Where go?

Thanks!

Dizzy
07-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Nobody, huh? Not even the fairy fucking godmother?

Mr. Sensible
07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Why, the Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) of some people!

And...uh...the libsyn (http://libsyn.com/) of some...whatever I'm tired of this now

Stephen
07-26-2012, 06:29 PM
I get on skype with my bros, record the conference call with something like skypemx or mp3skype, use Audacity to edit out annoying noises/boring shit (some dick will jump in here and say "Must be hard to edit out everything!")

You can also have everyone record their own track on Audacity (or any recording program), then edit them together after the fact. It's more work, but if everyone has a decent mic the sound quality of the show will improve.

As for hosting, if you want something easy or good, you've got to pay. Libsyn is super easy to use, but it's not cheap. If you're a little more ambitious and know how to make a website, you can use amazon/bluehost/some other web host, which is cheaper but takes more work. There are also some small, podcast focused hosts around, but I can't name any off hand.

Feedburner is a good place to set up a RSS feed. After you post an episode or two, you can submit it to iTunes. They've accepted 3 podcasts that heavily feature me, so they'll probably take anything.

Morbid Coffee
07-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Step 1) Get somebody else to do the work for you.
Step 2) Be super awkward when hosting
Step 3) Give up after 10 episodes

Stephen
07-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Just don't podcast like Carffee and you'll be fine.

Morbid Coffee
07-26-2012, 06:44 PM
no way my podcast is best its called "mario bros and co"

Stephen
07-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Your podcast would be Mari-HO'S HO'S and HO'S

Zarathustra
07-26-2012, 07:03 PM
thanks for the advice, i guess i'll wait til i have a bank account again and try something then.