PDA

View Full Version : Bill Haverchuck is God

Figure Four
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
After much prodding from friends and relations I finally bought the Freaks and Geeks DVD set. I just finished the series finale and all I have to say is, "Holy shit, why didn't I watch this sooner." How can I not love a show that features guest appearances by Joel Hodgson and Trace Beaulieu?

Any other Freaks and Geeks fans on the board? (Is there a cute name for said fans? I really hope there isn't.)

If I ever play Dungeons & Dragons again I'm totally making my character a dwarf named Carlos.

Red Hedgehog
06-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I keep looking for a good deal for this series on DVD, but it's still pretty close to full price.

I loved it.

Excitemike
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Man, it's worth twice the price.

How did I miss Trace Beaulieu? Who did he play?

Figure Four
06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
The biology teacher.

Evil Dead Junkie
06-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Man you know I love Judd Apatow, but I just couldn't watch it.

Not because it was bad, but because it was so well done that it was frankly excruciating. Same Reaction I have to the Colbert Report, I know what its doing but its doing it so well that I just get unbelivably tense.

Excitemike
06-11-2007, 08:51 PM
It has a begining, a middle and an end. No unresloved plots, just pure awesome. On the other hand, I found 40 Year-Old Virgin to be exhausting. That would have made a much better mini-series.

Armored Robo Zaza Gabor
06-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Man you know I love Judd Apatow, but I just couldn't watch it.

Not because it was bad, but because it was so well done that it was frankly excruciating. Same Reaction I have to the Colbert Report, I know what its doing but its doing it so well that I just get unbelivably tense.

I feel this way about Scrubs. I haven't seen it in quite a while. Also Malcolm in the Middle made me feel something I think was along these lines. Is not that the shows are bad, they seem to be good shows, just... too good? I don't know.

mr_bungle700
06-11-2007, 10:02 PM
That's interesting. I've never heard of that reaction to something before. I believe this phenomena requires further study!

As for Freaks and Geeks, I have never seen it and I've always regretted it. Now would be a good time to rectify that problem.