PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else play too many games?

reibeatall
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm not talking about those people who are like "omg u shuld c teh gamez i play!", I'm talking about "I am currently playing too many games."

I've seriously got a giant list of games I'm playing through, and hardly making any progress in any of them.

Mega Man Legends
Puzzle Quest
Odin Sphere
Ogre Battle
Phantasy Star Universe
Guitar Hero (just trying to get better)
Pokemon Pearl
Etrian Odyssey
Banjo Kazooie
Donkey Kong Country 2
God Hand

Those are some of the games I've played in the past few weeks, and am still playing.
The list of games I've played and haven't beaten is even bigger.

Anybody else have a problem focusing?

Torgo
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
hahahhaha.

Currently playing
Elite Beat Agents
Warcraft III
Etrian Odyssey
Zelda II

Recently played that I need to go back and finish
Disgaea 2
Metroid Prime
Viewtiful Joe
Twilight Princess
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Diamond
Kirby Squeak Squad
Puzzle Quest

Bought but haven't played
The Red Star
Odin Sphere

If I were to go back and list every last game I own that I haven't beaten, at last count I think it was a good fifty or more titles. I am notoriously bad at finishing games. But hey, that certainly doesn't keep me from playing through and beating games I've already finished again. This year has seen playthroughs of both MGS2 and FFVI.

reibeatall
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Bought but haven't played
The Red Star
Odin Sphere

If I were to go back and list every last game I own that I haven't beaten, at last count I think it was a good fifty or more titles.

I wasn't even counting the games I've bought and haven't played, much less opened. OR the games I've started and haven't beaten (except for the ones in the last two weeks-ish.)

It's times like these I wish I had a digital camera. I've got a problem.

Kishi
06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm playing Odin Sphere. Other than that, I hope to stop by an import store that carries Ouendan 2 when I go out to California next week. And, uh, I guess I still make some minor progress in Hotel Dusk on the extremely rare occasion that I feel like forcing myself through it.

dangerhelvetica
06-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I too have a stack of games about yea high that I've yet to finish/haven't started. I've consigned myself to a complete moratorium on buying new ones until I get at least one done.

ArugulaZ
06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I've got the same problem. I can't remember the last time I've beaten a video game, yet I keep buying more! Bad Jess, bad!

JR

jovewolf
06-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Playing:
.hack//G.U. Volume 1
.hack//Outbreak
Etrian Odyssey
Sly 3

Started, need to finish:
Z.O.E. 2
Odin Sphere
Gurumin
Loco Roco
Pokemon Diamond

Bought, not Opened:
Atelier Iris 3

So yeah I have a few to go through as well, but then again I don't plan on buying anything else until Persona 3 comes out.

Jakanden
06-11-2007, 09:26 AM
I purposely keep it to 3 to 4 games myself. I have a number of games on my "To Play List", but I wait until I complete the current games (or get bored of them) before tackling another. Right now I am playing the following:

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)
Sam and Max Episode 4 (Gametap)
Suikoden 1 (PS1 on my PSP)
Crush (PSP)

I put about 12 hours into Odin Sphere and I have to admit that I am kinda bored of it. I might go back to it after I finish some other things though. I got to level 15 (I think) in Red Star and kept getting my ass kicked on the boss and moved on. I also might go back to that one.

Started, need to finish:
Z.O.E. 2

I just replayed this yesterday from start to finish. It isn't long (I beat it this time in 4.5 hours) so I recommend finishing it up.

jovewolf
06-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Started, need to finish:
Z.O.E. 2

I just replayed this yesterday from start to finish. It isn't long (I beat it this time in 4.5 hours) so I recommend finishing it up.

Yeah I know - I just got caught up in work and some other things and wasn't particularly in the mood for it when I finished up. Then I just never got back into it. I'm sure I'll finish it up soon.

Actually the same could probably be said for the .hack games as they're not overly long, but I seem to be needlessly OCD when playing them.

djSyndrome
06-11-2007, 09:41 AM
I've recently discovered Atlus, which has dramatically increased my gaming backlog.

Actively Playing

Odin Sphere
Digital Devil Saga I
Planet Puzzle League
Ridge Racer 7
Virtua Fighter 5

To Be Played

Digital Devil Saga II
Devil Summoner
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Final Fantasy VI Advance (bonus dungeon)
Replay of Final Fantasy XII (40 hours in, on-hold indefinitely)

Summertime NEW GAME GET Purchases

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Persona 3
GrimGrimoire
Sega Rally Revo

openedsource
06-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Sounds to me like y'all aren't playing enough games.

I'll just echo the sentiment that I have a massive backlog of games I want, games I need, games I have that haven't been played nearly enough, and games that I'll be getting despite being fully aware that they're likely to receive the same treatment.

yakkotank
06-11-2007, 10:04 AM
The list of games I've played and haven't beaten is even bigger.

Anybody else have a problem focusing?

That's because you're a CAG.

I've actually never had a problem with playing too many games at once (although I usually have 2 - 3 going at one time). I did have a massive backlog thanks to CAG, though....

...But I've cleared it down to just two games as of last week. The games drought season is good for something, it seems.

reibeatall
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
That's because you're a CAG.

*sigh*

Yeah. That, and I work at GameStop, so I'm always around shit that I want to spend money on.

Meg
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
My backlog isn't that bad.

Currently Playing on rotation
Etrian Odyssey
Odin Sphere
Puzzle Quest
Trama Center: Second Opinion
Devil May Cry 3 (horribly stuck and probably won't be playing it much longer)

Potential victim of eBay
Dark Cloud 2 (I just can't get into it)

Just finished
Twilight Princess (finally)

Would like to revisit some day
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Resident Evil 4

My new problem is the VC; now I have games I already finished years ago that I download and work on instead of the new games. Sure, I could work on Odin Sphere, but instead I finished Actraiser and Super Castlevania IV this weekend. If Shining in the Darkness ever hits the VC, I'm sunk.

Excitemike
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Just off the top of my head.

Currently playing:

Megaman Legends (2nd playthrough this year)
Pokemon Diamond
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

Need to go back and finish:

Justice League Heroes
Sam and Max Ep.3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Final Fantasy III
Contact
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Initial D PSP
Trigger Heart Exelica

Finished but there's still stuff I want to do or unlock:

Super Paper Mario
Megaman Powered Up!
Maverick Hunter X
Super Smash Bros Melee
Mario Kart DS
Super Robot Wars: Original Generation
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Games I have bought or borrowed but never got around to or have barely touched:
Ghost in the Shell PS2 (not any time soon)
Ghost in the Shell PSP (no no no)
Viewtiful Joe
Dragon Warrior 8
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Dragonball Z: Tenkaici Budokai 2
Megaman Zero 4

And that's not counting stuff like puzzle games or Megaman collections or Gametap games. So basically I play a lot of games and sometimes I finish them, but mostly I guess I don't. I would feel bad except the list of manga and graphic novels I've bought and haven't read yet is easily four times as many. And then there's The Virtual Boy and stack of games my friend lent me. I keep telling myself it's ammunition for my game blog, but who has time to code with so many games to play?

djSyndrome
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Dragon Warrior 8

TRAGEDY.

Thinaran
06-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Now playing (in order of priority):
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Suikoden II (for the first time!)
Mario Strikers Charged
Odin Sphere
Excite Truck
Black (PS2)

Awaiting play:
Canis Canem Edit (Bully for you US people)
Chrono Cross (I started it, but stopped for some reason)
Project Zero (or Fatal Frame)
Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call
Suikoden III

Beaten this year (chronological):
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
God of War 2
Okami
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Dragon Quest VIII: The Journey of the Cursed King

Jakanden
06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I have given up most of my "backlog". Many of them were really the same game (10 different RPG's for instance) so I went for the best of each, especially since there are a number of games I plan on picking up this year (Castlevania, Final Fantasy Tactics PSP, Bioshock, Overlord, Persona 3, etc..).

poetfox
06-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I've got a huge stack of games I haven't finished. HUGE. But I'm sort of past the point of caring, except on a few choice ones... like FFXII. Why am I not finishing that? But I've always been like that, and I enjoy dabbling, so I have frames of reference to talk about games... I've not beat a console game in so long, I can't recall, most of my "play to completion" gaming happens on my DS or PSP.
I do think a lot of this has to do with the conversation that got started somewhere, I can't recall, where gaming needs more novellas? Because it does. Some of the best gaming experiences I've had recently have been playing through Dragon's Curse and Wonder Boy in Monster World on the VC. I used a walkthrough when I got frustrated, and they took me 2 or 3 days to get through. And that was exactly enough. I keep looking for similar experiences to download, but I haven't really found any.
Point is, I rarely invest the time for the long console RPG anymore, even though I enjoy them, so I don't feel bad I have a stack of them left unbeaten.
Is that my point? I dunno?
Anyway, I probably do play too many games.

JCDenton
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Games I Should Be Practicing
Virtua Fighter 4 Evo
Guilty Gear XX
Capcom vs SNK 2
Smash Bros. Melee
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Tetris Attack!

Games I Beat But Demand More Time
Portrait of Ruin
Dawn of Sorrow
Twilight Princess
Final Fantasy XII
Perfect Dark
Streets of Rage 2
Shadow of the Colossus
Rondo of Blood

Games I Need To Beat
Metal Gear Solid
Okami
Final Fantasy 6 (file got erased)
Final Fantasy 4 (ditto)
A Link to the Past
Legend Of Zelda

Games I Need To Start
Super Paper Mario
Trauma Center

Games That I Need To Replay
Ocarina of Time
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Games I Need To Buy
Too many to mention

And everything else I'm forgetting at the moment

Lumber Baron
06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Currently playing
Odin Sphere

That was easy.

tungwene
06-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Games I am currently playing (AKA touched in the last two weeks):

Odin Sphere
Puzzle Quest
Super Paper Mario
Etrian Odyssey
Tomb Raider Anniversary

Games on permanent hiatus (haven't touched in over a month):

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy VI
Twilight Princess
Tales of Symphonia
Baiten Kaitos Origins

Games I bust out and play from time to time:

Rayman's Raving Rabbids
Wii Sports
Mario Kart DS
Cooking Mama
Elite Beat Agents
Advance Wars: Dual Strike

Torgo
06-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Dragon Warrior 8
lol

(Don't worry, my natural instinct is still to call it by its ye olde American name as well.)

valhalladeath
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
I had this problem until about 3 weeks ago when I started playing Lord of the Rings Online. It has consumed my gaming time completely--and I can't say that is a bad thing. Best game I have played in a long time.

alexb
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
So that's where you've been.

valhalladeath
06-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Indeed. I managed to log on just long enough to re-establish my TT account, but having done much posting--although I didn't post all that much to begin with, hehe.

spineshark
06-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Currently playing:
God Hand
Ico
The Red Star
Lunar Knights
Odin Sphere
Actraiser
rRootage

Want to finish at some point even though they make me frustrated:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Star Ocean: Blue Sphere (go text I can't read!)
Alundra
Okami (stuck, and I don't want to use a guide...by now I don't even remember what I'm doing =/)

Currently replaying: anything else by tri-Ace >_> (what can I say, it's fun)
Final Fantasy IV
Ikaruga
Klonoa 2
StarCraft
Guardian Legend

Probably not going to finish:
Tales of the Abyss
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore

Multiplayer:
Magical Drop 3
Twinkle Star Sprites
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Upcoming:
GrimGrimoire
Shadow of the Colossus
GTA3 or VC
Eternal Sonata
Senko no Ronde
Bioshock
Klonoa
Grandia and/or Grandia II and/or III
Suikoden II if I feel like I have enough money to justify it
Vagrant Story
FFT
Einhander
Persona 2 probably
Persona 3
Parasite Eve maybe

I uhh, know there's more, but seriously, with all that, who needs more?

Excitemike
06-11-2007, 05:40 PM
lol

(Don't worry, my natural instinct is still to call it by its ye olde American name as well.)

I also sometimes refer to Hikaru Ichijio as Rick Hunter. You can take the nerd out the eighties, but you can't take the eighties out of the nerd.

Vahn16
06-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Currently Playing
WOW (raiding = masochistic joy)
Halo 2 (in anticipation of Halo 3)
Etrian Oddyssey
Pokemans Diamond
Starcraft (For my blog)
Guitar Hero II (Just for fun)
DDR (Sister just bought a new pad, so why not?)

Need to finish
FFXII (it's summer now, why aren't I playing this?)
FFVI Advance (Halfway through, I'll pick it back up once Etrian gets boring)
Resistance: Fall of Man (it's decent enough, I want to see the end of the story)
Lunar Knights (I'm not very far, it seems fun though)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (I just need to go fight the last boss)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (I got sidetracked from finishing this one, it's sounding pretty good right now, though)
God of War (I've been playing small sections of this sporadically ever since it came out)

Deadguy2322
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Honestly, my unfinished backlog is over 100 games. At least 30 of which are RPGs.

Luckily, most of those are PS1 games, so I can throw them on my PSP, and I have a really, really slack job, so my weekends consist of playing games and surfing the web, or I'd never finish everything.

Squall
06-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Currently playing:
the same stuff I was playing 6 months ago.
GTR2
BF2
Lufia
But now with more pokemon.

Red Hedgehog
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
I try to keep it to no more than one ongoing game per system. As you may see by this list I have failed - but not if you average it out! Not currently working on any game for my NES or Saturn really helps out.

Currently Playing (as in, within the past month):
Odin Sphere
Guitar Hero
Pokemon Diamond
Fire Emblem (Hector Mode)

On hold, but plan to finish eventually:
Marathon
Guitar Hero II
Super Punch Out
Phantasy Star II (haven't had the heart to grind enough to be able to beat the final boss)
Lost in Blue (haven't had the heart to actually end the experience - the whole revelation at the end seems tacked on)

[b]Played within last month, but don't really have a "completion" point:[b]
Wii Sports
Wii Play
(Thank you, new Wii!)

blitzchamp
06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Yah...I'm in a huge hole. The sooner I beat them the better.

Currently Playing

Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy V Advance
Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga
Ico
Final Fantasy IV

Started, Need To Finish

Final Fantasy IX
Dragon Quest V
Shinobi
Final Fantasy II Advance
Dragon Quest VI

Good thing its summer time.

blitzchamp
06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Just off the top of my head.

Currently playing:

Megaman Legends (2nd playthrough this year)
Pokemon Diamond
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP

Need to go back and finish:

Justice League Heroes
Sam and Max Ep.3
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Final Fantasy III
Contact
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Initial D PSP
Trigger Heart Exelica

Ghost in the Shell PS2 (not any time soon)
Ghost in the Shell PSP (no no no)
Viewtiful Joe
Dragon Warrior 8
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy XII
Dragonball Z: Tenkaici Budokai 2
Megaman Zero 4

And that's not counting stuff like puzzle games or Megaman collections or Gametap games. So basically I play a lot of games and sometimes I finish them, but mostly I guess I don't. I would feel bad except the list of manga and graphic novels I've bought and haven't read yet is easily four times as many. And then there's The Virtual Boy and stack of games my friend lent me. I keep telling myself it's ammunition for my game blog, but who has time to code with so many games to play?

I play Mega Man Legends I over and over all the time. I just find it to be a fun quest. Dragon Quest 8, man I spent forever renting that game over and over and over from Blockbuster. I kept wandering off into the fields and then when night falls I always get pummled to death. It's going for about $15 NEW at Gamestop now so I may go buy it...

gamin
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Playing:
Odin Sphere
Super Paper Mario
Actraiser
Zelda II
Punch Out
FF XII ("beat" it but am still working on marks, hunts, bazaar alchemy, etc)
Lunar Knights
Drakengard 2 (been hearing good buzz about cavia and found it cheap but haven't gotten too far)
FF Tactics (my love of FFXII has brought me back to my love of FFT)
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter (just decided to start it up again...see if I get anywhere this time)

On queue:
Valkyrie Profile
Metroid Prime (need to at least beat the first one before Corruption)
Zone of Enders 2

Hmm...yeah...lots to do.

bobservo
06-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Playing:
Etrian Odyssey
Misadventures of Trom Bonne
Okami
Wild Arms IV
Treasure Hunter G

I'm trying to make myself play only 2 games at the same time, but it never works.

Peach
06-12-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm trying to make myself play only 2 games at the same time, but it never works.

I'm also tying to limit myself to two games at once, but it doesn't work with my either

Games I'm trying to play exclusively:
Metal Gear Solid 2
Chrono Cross

But I also have ongoing games in:
Final Fantasy XII
Okami
Lunar Knights
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Contact
Homeworld
And damn it, I really want play Shadow of the Colossus again...

Jakanden
06-12-2007, 01:52 PM
This thread has made me realize the futility of trying to play all my backlogged games. Instead of playing games to enjoy them, I found myself kinda pushing through them to move on to the next. Today I wiped the list clean save for a couple and I am just going to go forward from here on out and even then, keep the list short.

Armored Robo Zaza Gabor
06-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm playing through Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. Pretty average actually. I think people had hyped it so much for me that I find it very disappointing. The Turbo Duo's technology barely helps the game sound like an SNES game, and that's all it does. The graphics are average TG-16 fare. It's a linear game with nothing really impressive to show. Bloodlines looks much better, not to mention Castlevania IV, which so far I think it's the best of the "linear" Castlevania's.

The only cool thing is the little girl who uses birds to fight that you find in a basement (Maria). And her dragon weapon is pretty useful. But using her is almost like cheating.

It's a nice game. But I understand why it wasn't translated for the U.S. market. It's an average game for a console that at the time was failing miserably.

I can only imagine that it could have been better if ported to the Sega CD which offers better sound and graphics than the TG-16. But, I can't rewrite history now. I imagine it would have looked like Bloodlines.

Also: IGA= Irrepressibly Gay Asian

Coinspinner
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I play too few games. Two years of MMOs left me unable to just sit down and finish a game.

SamuelMarston
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I've been seriously considering this problem. It seems that aside from a few notable exceptions, I haven't actually beaten a game in ages. I'm glad to hear that there are others like me: individuals who can't pass up buying good games. For me, I either get impulsive or merely feel that I should buy the game now because it might not be there later. With smaller companies releasing sleeper hits and overlooked gems, this tends to happen almost on a monthly basis now.

At least for myself, I think I've pinpointed a cause. As a child I had no money for video games. I played what I had, and getting a new game for my NES was a rare treat indeed. Due to only reading video game magazines occasionally, I did not stay very informed about upcoming releases. All of this has changed as an adult. Now I have enough money that I could essentially buy all of the new games that I want. Reading 1up daily keeps me informed about most of the new games coming out, and gaming aficionados (ahem, Parish) keep tipping me off to some smaller releases of note (ahem, Atlus). Without the natural barrier of economics to keep me in one place, I have become a gaming nomad (or lecherer if you prefer).

As soon as my girlfriend and I started saving for a trip to Britain and France I became a different person. The games on my shelf took on a whole new sheen. I've been focusing, and working my way through games that need to be finished.

Sorry about that there novella.

Jakanden
06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Started, need to finish:
Gurumin

I started playing this on the way to work this morning. While it is very much a kids game, I am enjoying it so far.

nadia
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
For someone who writes about video games, I have surprisingly little opportunity to play them.

Portable games are awesome when you're waiting for the bus.

Currently working on:

Final Fantasy VI Advance
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, for the hell of it.

Jakanden
06-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, for the hell of it.

That is an awesome game and one of my new favorites in the series.

alexb
06-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Agreed, there's no reason to have to justify playing Maverick Hunter X. It's a good game.

nadia
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
It probably has to do with the fact I can play the original Mega Man X over and over without getting tired of it ... and now X is back! In portable form! I never have to put him down.

But it makes me so sad to think Maverick Hunter X2, etc, probably isn't going to happen. I found the story retcon pretty interesting. Sigma literally nuked Cain, so who'd put Zero back together?

alexb
06-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Presumably the Maverick Hunters. Specifically Lifesavor.

Kishi
06-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Lifesaver. Yeah, he was always around now. Also, Serges is a Wily vessel like Isoc, and the Green Biker Dude is a playable character with his own weapon system and backstory.

nadia
06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Ah, but did you catch the fleeting glimpse of young Signas in the Day of Sigma anime?

alexb
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
How could you tell? All of their officer class reploids look like that.

nadia
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
I'll have to take a closer look, but I'm 99% sure that particular Reploid in that particular scene was unique, and he was quite Signas-ified.

Nevermind Signas, I miss Douglas. He rocked.

Daydreamer
06-14-2007, 12:14 AM
Currently Playing
Starcraft (its all coming back to me, slowly)
Etrian Odyssey (damn b20f)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Need to Finish
FFXII
Too many other games to count

How is it that the people witht he money to game don't have the time, and visa versa?

Jakanden
06-14-2007, 04:32 AM
How is it that the people witht he money to game don't have the time, and visa versa?

I would guess that people have the money to game because they work, which also limits game time. I know that is what limits my time, especially when I have to work 50+ hours a week during busy times.

Excitemike
06-14-2007, 07:38 AM
I got through most of my twenties with only about a dozen games. I know for sure I've bought more games in the last two years than I've ever owned in the 27 years that preceded them. I guess I went for so long not being able to play games that when I finally had the means there was a huge backlash. Work takes up a lot of my time, but it's all tied to finance. Twenty dollars for a used game is a great entertainment bargain when the money is tight. Now I can go out to a nice dinner with my lady or see a movie or even actually <gasp> go away for the weekend. At the end of the day, it's a hobby just like any other. And it's nice to know that if there's going to be a slump in new releases that I have enough of a backlog to get me through. But mostly it's the being able to buy them after not being able to buy them for so long. It's a tangible reminder that the hard times were worth it.

nadia
06-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Don't worry, I have neither!

Calorie Mate
06-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I bought Odin Sphere weeks ago, but haven't even opened it because I refuse to play it until I finish God of War 2...and since work has been sending me all over the damn country, I won't even be home to play that for another week or so.

On the plus side, I'm finally almost done with the Campaign in Advance Wars DS!

Stephen
06-14-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm slowly picking my way through Odin Sphere. Other than that, Parish has me seeking out a new AC adapter for my SNES so I can play Chrono Trigger again.

nadia
06-15-2007, 05:59 AM
You know what ruins Chrono Trigger for me? That damn "Walk around the room three times" shit with Spiekko.

I don't know why, but I can't do it anymore.

Jakanden
06-15-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm slowly picking my way through Odin Sphere. Other than that, Parish has me seeking out a new AC adapter for my SNES so I can play Chrono Trigger again.

I had thought about playing this again as it is on my PSP, but I have played it so many times that I really have no desire to play it again.

I am back to working my way through Crush (on the third teir now) and playing Raycrisis (for the PS1) in between. I also put about 2 hours into Gurumin but got bored and traded it to a friend.

nathan
06-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Curently
Etrian Odyssey
Call of Duty 2
Tales of Symphonia
Zelda II
New Super Mario Brothers
Pokemon Pearl
Soul Blazer
Odin Sphere
Wacky Races
Mega Man X4

Though I purchased Valkyrie Profile 2 the other day and am prepared to just focus on that for a while. I have a feeling I'm going to love it though I rarely see it mentioned here. Though I purchased Chrono Trigger and Dragon Warrior II on eBay the other day and will probably want to play through those also.

Games awaiting summer attention are Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII.

Stephen
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
You know what ruins Chrono Trigger for me? That damn "Walk around the room three times" shit with Spiekko.

I don't know why, but I can't do it anymore.

Nadia, let go of the B button--It's not worth it. LET IT GO.

Calorie Mate
06-15-2007, 03:18 PM
The urge to replay Chrono Trigger is a near-annual event for me. Sometimes listening to the soundtrack helps me through it, but sometimes that just makes it worse and I cave.