PDA

View Full Version : Oh hey, that there Retro magazine's shipping now.

Googleshng
01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
So today I got my first issue of Retro, that gaming magazine a few people here threw kickstarter money at, and/or contributed articles to (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/socalmike/retro-the-multi-format-throw-back-video-game-magaz).

Personally, I think the content's pretty groovy, but it kinda feels like someone committed to a list of regular features for each issues assuming it was going to hit that extra page count stretch goal and refused to compromise. I'd rather have 10 3 page articles crowding things out than 60 half-pagers making sure to say a little bit about everything. Although I can see the logic in testing the waters like that with a premiere issue too I guess.

Adrenaline
01-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Read the first issue on Saturday while watching football. Regardless of what the content was (generally pretty solid), it was fun actually reading a game magazine for the first time in years.

teekun
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I didn't shell out for the physical copy, but I finally activated my subscription and had a flip through the digital one today. Looks like a great little mag, and I can't wait to give it more time later. If nothing else, the design is fantastic. I can't remember the last time I read a gaming magazine, and this gives me all those same vibes, without feeling dated at all.

will
01-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Mine hasn't shown up yet, and I don't seem to have access to an online version. When do you think would be a reasonable time to prod them?