PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof Coffee

krelbel
06-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Anyone tried it? Anyone heard of it, or seen people drinking it?

If you're unfamiliar with it, this is the first result: Recipe: How to Make Bulletproof Coffee®…And Make Your Morning Bulletproof Too (https://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/)

I start the day with a cup of Bulletproof® Coffee: a blended drink made of Upgraded Coffee blended together with grass-fed unsalted butter and Brain Octane Oil (see recipe below).

So, I use the lowest toxin, highest performance coffee there is (I know, because I created it and tested it!) I brew it, and then I blend unsalted, grass-fed butter into it, along with an extract of coconut oil that improves brain energy. Yes, butter. All the benefits of healthy milk fat with none of the damaging denatured casein proteins found in cream. It makes for the creamiest, most satisfying cup of coffee you’ve ever had. It will keep you satisfied with level energy for 6 hours if you need it, and because I’m having it for breakfast, I’m programming my body to burn fat for energy all day long!

Techbro nonsense aside, I've never tried it, but I have eaten breakfast with someone who dumped a big clump of butter and a heaping spoonful of solidified MCT coconut oil into their coffee, and that was the first time in my life I've ever actually thrown up a little into my mouth just at the sight of it.

They're also apparently opening a cafe in Los Angeles dedicated to serving this kind of coffee (http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-butter-coffee-20150425-story.html), which... is the correct place for this sort of thing I suppose.

Excitemike
06-09-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure where I can find unsalted grass-fed butter but I have no doubt it is available within a 10-mile radius.

Paul le Fou
06-09-2015, 03:14 PM
I've never and will never try putting that MCT in my coffee because fuck that nonsense. I have tried butter in my coffee a few times for shits and giggles and... it really wasn't bad. Nothing I'd try to revisit or make a habit of, but I have other hot butter drinks (rum) and I didn't view it as terribly different. It's worth one cup of coffee and a pat of butter to do the experiment and see for yourself.

I think I read an article recently about how Bulletproof Coffee was (surprise, surprise) bullshit, based on some study about MCT or another and false claims about its metabolizing properties or effects. Take with a grain of salt until we can dig it up, but... yeah, it's bullshit, of course it's bullshit. I mean christ, he says the word "toxin." That's bullshit-detector red flag 101.

Dizzy
06-09-2015, 03:15 PM
I was reading this post like hmmmm hmmmm is this? the butter coffee? YEP! No need to take this seriously. Moving on.

Falselogic
06-09-2015, 03:17 PM
guys its not coffee with butter it's Upgraded Coffee (he brews it himself, he's an expert) with grass-fed unsalted butter.

jeez... get it right.

Wolfgang
06-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Butter in tea is a Tibetan thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea), and putting it in tea as well as coffee has spread outside Tibet too. I've used a smidge of butter when I'm out of milk, it's really not bad.

will
06-09-2015, 03:23 PM
I brew it, and then I fold it over one million times, along with an extract of soybean oil that improves honor.

Kylie
06-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Did it once when the company fridge had butter but no creamer. Richer mouthfeel, not horrible, wouldn't do it everyday.

Falselogic
06-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Did it once when the company fridge had butter but no creamer. Richer mouthfeel, not horrible, wouldn't do it everyday.

But how is your brain now? better?

Kylie
06-09-2015, 03:34 PM
I could only calculate pi to the 500th digit in my head before.

After bulletproof coffee, I can make it to 715 without straining.

Also my brain is actually and literally bulletproof now.

Büge
06-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Butter in tea is a Tibetan thing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butter_tea), and putting it in tea as well as coffee has spread outside Tibet too. I've used a smidge of butter when I'm out of milk, it's really not bad.

But where am I going to find a Yak at this hour?

Lady
06-09-2015, 06:52 PM
I was thinking about butter coffee this morning as I was drinking my unbuttered coffee.

I think it was because of the half and half I put in. "is this so different from just putting straight butter in here"

what keeps me from trying is all the people saying 'it's really not bad' 'not that bad'. Instills not the most confidence!

upupdowndown
06-09-2015, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure where I can find unsalted grass-fed butter but I have no doubt it is available within a 10-mile radius.

you can get Kerrygold cultured butter, which comes from grass-fed cows, in any grocery store with a reasonably fancy cheese shop

Red Hedgehog
06-09-2015, 08:01 PM
On a transatlantic flight when sleep deprived and behaving like typical 15 year old boys, a friend tried to make his bad coffee better by putting butter in it.

It didn't work.

Violentvixen
06-10-2015, 07:59 AM
Several people I know who were in the military were surprised no one knew about this when it became a thing. Apparently they would do it a lot before long patrol shifts.

Paul le Fou
06-10-2015, 11:40 AM
I mean, butter is the most calorically dense food, and it's delicious. They carry pounds and pounds of it on Antarctic trips for a reason! And coffee is an alertness drug, and also delicious. I can totally see drinking buttered coffee, even heavily buttered, in an active demanding situation like that.

Falselogic
06-10-2015, 11:42 AM
I think I hate myself just enough to be trying this soon.

Paul le Fou
06-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Allow me to reiterate: skip the MCT bullshit, just put butter in coffee

Excitemike
06-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Any specific proportion? Just a pat or two to a cup?

Falselogic
06-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Any specific proportion? Just a pat or two to a cup?

Im just making this up as I go along so I'm thinking a 1:1 ration should work, right?

1 cup of coffee to 1 stick of butter.

krelbel
06-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Im just making this up as I go along so I'm thinking a 1:1 ration should work, right?

Yes do this

Excitemike
06-10-2015, 12:49 PM

Oh neat, self-stirring!

Excitemike
06-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Genuinely curious to try this, but when I went to the fridge and discovered that we only had salted butter I felt like I dodged a bullet.

Paul le Fou
06-10-2015, 02:45 PM
Genuinely curious to try this, but when I went to the fridge and discovered that we only had salted butter I felt like I dodged a bullet.

Would you say you felt...

...shit what's that word that means you can't get shot by bullets

TK Flash
06-11-2015, 06:06 AM
Mortal?

Hito
06-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Taking it one step further. http://adriofthedead.tumblr.com/post/77327103592/vicemag-a-quick-tip-for-your-elevator-ride-up

Excitemike
06-12-2015, 07:43 AM
Swallow fresh, unroasted beans; chase with a bag of fertilizer. Follow up with a gaping abdominal wound to let sunlight in. You will have a coffee plant growing in your stomach, and the oxygen it produces has the benefit of lowering your carbon footprint.

Vaeran
06-12-2015, 08:19 AM
As a control experiment, I tried firing a gun at a cup of ordinary coffee. The cup shattered, as expected, but the puddle of coffee left on the counter appeared to be perfectly fine aside from now lacking a container. No apparent damage from the bullet.

Coffee is already bulletproof WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Alixsar
06-12-2015, 09:56 AM
What Is Bulletproof Coffee? How Do I Make It?
I start the day with a cup of Bulletproof® Coffee: a blended drink made of Upgraded Coffee blended together with grass-fed unsalted butter

Hmm...

and Brain Octane Oil (see recipe below).

NOPE FUCK OFF NEVER