PDA

View Full Version : Smoothie Ressips.

MooMoo
08-02-2015, 08:28 AM
I have a cool blender thing, and I want to take a smoothie to work for brek every day. I've been throwing together some random stuff, but I'd like to hear if y'allses have your own recipes you'd recommend. :)

Seth Marati
08-02-2015, 09:29 AM
I drink fruit smoothies a lot. The general recipe for them involves something liquid, something that will thicken it, the fruit itself, and optionally ice. If you use frozen fruit, you don't need to add ice. These are two of the recipes I usually go with:

Fruit: a store-bought bagged blend of frozen strawberries, peaches, mango, and pineapple
Liquid: pineapple juice
Thickener: one whole banana

Fruit: frozen blend of blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
Liquid: blueberry juice
Thickener: plain yogurt

I don't have any numbers for measurements—I just add ingredients until it's "enough".

madhair60
08-02-2015, 09:47 AM
1) grab random fruit

2) slam dunk it into blender

3) blend

4) drink

5) try again if vomit

R^2
08-02-2015, 12:04 PM
A handful of mint leaves or a half-handful of parsley can brighten up an otherwise flat concoction.

MooMoo
08-02-2015, 02:20 PM
A handful of mint leaves or a half-handful of parsley can brighten up an otherwise flat concoction.

Ah! That sounds good, especially the mint. I'll give that a go if I do some boring juices.

Violentvixen
08-04-2015, 09:27 AM
Ah! That sounds good, especially the mint. I'll give that a go if I do some boring juices.

Mint and ginger are always good things to add.

Paul le Fou
08-08-2015, 11:08 PM
I like milk as the base.

I like milk.

milk