PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple on a pizza

madhair60
09-10-2015, 07:10 AM
If I see pineapple on a pizza, I assume some kind of hideous accident has occurred. I mean, you'd have to be a fucking deviant. If people want to put pineapple on their pizzas privately behind closed doors, then that's up to them, but I don't think pizzerias, takeaways and frozen pizza makers should normalise or encourage it. Let's have some goddamn standards. You wouldn't download a car onto a pizza.

Solitayre
09-10-2015, 07:16 AM
Your poll is broken as it doesn't have a "yes pineapple on your pizza is wondrous' option.

madhair60
09-10-2015, 07:20 AM
It's all part of the ongoing infantilisation of society. Wait for dessert? Nah, I have no discipline and was never told "no" as a kid. Fruit on my savoury junk food please. Yummy scrummy pineappley mmm. Now I've finished I'm going to throw my plate at the wall and shit my trousers.

Büge
09-10-2015, 07:32 AM
This coming from the guy from the culture that saw fit to put raisins in curry.

Red Hedgehog
09-10-2015, 07:33 AM
I just don't like the pineapple/dairy combination. Pineapple on a cheese-less pizza is A-OK.

Dadgum Roi
09-10-2015, 07:34 AM
Pizza...a curious game. The only winning move is not to play.

madhair60
09-10-2015, 07:37 AM
This coming from the guy from the culture that saw fit to put raisins in curry.

Sultanas. And it wasn't my shitting decision was it?! Do one!

Excitemike
09-10-2015, 07:43 AM
I just don't like the pineapple/dairy combination. Pineapple on a cheese-less pizza is A-OK.

Where do you stand on strawberry ice cream?

Daikaiju
09-10-2015, 08:08 AM
I do love a good Hawaiian pizza. Pineapple is very context dependent though, you can't put it on there with any other topping.

Dadaph
09-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Pineapple? No, NO, just NO.

And what's more, I don't know why the Pineapple eaters HAVE to have this fruit on their otherwise delicious pizzas. I like bacon, but I don't HAVE to have it on mine.

Kate or Die!
09-10-2015, 08:19 AM

Pineapple and mushrooms on a red pizza. So glad I had several friends in college who dug this combo as well.

madhair60
09-10-2015, 08:21 AM
Whoa, whoa. What's this about "red pizza"? Pizza without cheese? This is a whole new level of batshit insanity.

I am aware of the existence of dairy intolerance

Dadaph
09-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Red Pizza is what happens if George R. R. Martin walks into a pizzeria.

Büge
09-10-2015, 08:34 AM
I find it ironic that people object so readily against pineapple on pizza, when they're perfectly fine with other things. Bell peppers? They're high in vitamin C too. Heck, tomato sauce has just about the same acidity as pineapple.

Really, you sound like those kids who won't eat onions unless they're deep fried in batter.

Excitemike
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Pineapple? No, NO, just NO.

And what's more, I don't know why the Pineapple eaters HAVE to have this fruit on their otherwise delicious pizzas. I like bacon, but I don't HAVE to have it on mine.

Bacon and pineapple, now that's where it's at.

madhair60
09-10-2015, 08:43 AM
I find it ironic that people object so readily against pineapple on pizza, when they're perfectly fine with other things.

!?!??!????!?!!?

Dadaph
09-10-2015, 08:51 AM
I don't eat pizza when I want to be healthy, so I don't refuse pineapple because I fear its vitamins.
Love onions and bellpeppers on my pizza, the main difference from pineapples is that the taste goes wonderfully with the rest of the pizza. Pineapple does not, and you are all crazy.

Heck, I don't even like mushrooms, but even that I can say goes with pizza more than pineapple does.

ghosttaster
09-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Pineapple is best paired with some kind of meat to get that sweet/salty thing going. Sausage and pineapple has long been my standby from my local spot. It's delicious.

Dizzy
09-10-2015, 09:36 AM
In an ideal world, all polls would be public and nobody would have reason to post because their decision is self-evident. No discussion, no dialogue, just a poll vote. A click on the poll option to weakly signify one's stance in the face of the disquieting emptiness of human existence.

Excitemike
09-10-2015, 09:37 AM
the disquieting emptiness of human existence.

FYI, I voted no on this one.

Positronic Brain
09-10-2015, 10:08 AM
Bacon and pineapple, now that's where it's at.

JBear
09-10-2015, 10:27 AM
The perfect pizza:
-Bacon
-Ground Beef
-Capicollo
-Mushrooms
-Goat cheese
-Extra goat cheese (to be clear, there's no other cheese on the pizza, and pizza places go light on goat cheese by default)
-Pineapple
-Extra Pineapple

Kirin
09-10-2015, 10:54 AM
I would eat that pizza.

Red Hedgehog
09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
Where do you stand on strawberry ice cream?

I loved it as a kid. Today I only go for it if it's super high quality.

Pineapple and mushrooms on a red pizza. So glad I had several friends in college who dug this combo as well.

Oh yeah, that's delicious.

I find it ironic that people object so readily against pineapple on pizza, when they're perfectly fine with other things. Bell peppers? They're high in vitamin C too. Heck, tomato sauce has just about the same acidity as pineapple.

Do you mean hypocritical instead of ironic? I mean, it isn't that either (If you dislike this one flavor/texture combination, you must also dislike these others that taste/feel completely different!) but irony seems like the completely wrong concept.

The perfect pizza:
-Bacon
-Ground Beef
-Capicollo
-Mushrooms
-Goat cheese
-Extra goat cheese (to be clear, there's no other cheese on the pizza, and pizza places go light on goat cheese by default)
-Pineapple
-Extra Pineapple

You have created a monster. A monster. (But I've already done my "maximum 2 toppings on pizza" rant in another thread)

Goddammit, madhair, we already have like four pizza threads. Why do you keep creating new ones?!?

taosterman
09-10-2015, 11:40 AM
We must subdivide our pizza preferences gradually until we are not known by our username or avatar, but by our Pizza.

JBear
09-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Goddammit, madhair, we already have like four pizza threads. Why do you keep creating new ones?!?
We hadn't hit on the perfect pizza yet. But I just posted it, so we can shut them all down now.

Rivers
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Most toppings are gross. Cheese pizza forever. Vanilla ice cream forever.

JBear
09-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Vanilla ice cream pizza forever.

(I'm joking. Ignoring the logistics, I think that passes a line that even I don't dare cross.)

Octopus Prime
09-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Most toppings are gross. Cheese pizza forever. Vanilla ice cream forever.

You're close. Pizza should have some degree of meat affixed to it. I opt for ground beef myself. It's nourishing without being preachy. It's a thinking-mans pizza.

As for Ice Cream, I'm right with you. Flavours are a distraction.

JBear
09-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Sorry, what was that? I guess I'm too distracted by how delicious this raspberry cheesecake ice cream is.

Falselogic
09-10-2015, 12:54 PM
I want pineapple on both my pizzas and ice cream!

taosterman
09-10-2015, 12:57 PM

Vanilla is a flavor! It's just the best one, so we take it for granted.

Büge
09-10-2015, 12:57 PM
I want pineapple on both my pizzas and ice cream!

See, there you go. It's a luau in the making.

Octopus Prime
09-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Sorry, what was that? I guess I'm too distracted by how delicious this raspberry cheesecake ice cream is.

Exactly, I may have finally revealed where I buried the diamonds, but you'll never know.

And it's all thanks to your decadent fixation on ice cream.

JBear
09-10-2015, 01:42 PM
If you're the sort of person who thinks that flavours are a distraction, then I'd expect to find the diamonds buried at the foot of a sign in your back yard that says "Diamond Storage Pit".

Octopus Prime
09-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Oh great, now I have to take down the sign.

Red Hedgehog
09-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Pizza should have some degree of meat affixed to it.

No.

Meat is one of the easiest things to do wrong on a pizza. If a place can't make a good pizza with meat (and most places can't) they are much better off only doing veggies (or probably just cheese).

Dawnswalker
09-10-2015, 02:52 PM
If people want to put pineapple on their pizzas privately behind closed doors, then that's up to them, but I don't think pizzerias, takeaways and frozen pizza makers should normalise or encourage it. Let's have some goddamn standards. You wouldn't download a car onto a pizza.

People like you bitch and moan up on your podiums in public, but I've never been to a party where the pineapple pizza wasn't the first one completely devoured by all of you closeted pineapplephiles.

Please learn to love yourself for who you are, MH.

mopinks
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
pineapple only belongs on a porky pizza

I've tried adding pineapple to veggie pizzas before and it's a terrible disaster

Issun
09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
It's all part of the ongoing infantilisation of society. Wait for dessert? Nah, I have no discipline and was never told "no" as a kid. Fruit on my savoury junk food please. Yummy scrummy pineappley mmm. Now I've finished I'm going to throw my plate at the wall and shit my trousers.

That's funny, I thought most kids didn't like pineapple on their pizza.

Now, if you find a grown-ass adult that only puts ketchup on their hot dog, that's a baby palate right there.

Warg
09-10-2015, 03:22 PM
Fruit and cheese combinations are generally amazing, so yes, I love pineapple on pizza.

Next time I order a slice of cheese pizza, I am going to bring my own marmalade and slather some of it on.

[And why not? I've already done peanut butter & Sriracha on toast -- which works because Sriracha has a bit of sweetness to it!]

Torzelbaum
09-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Most toppings are gross. Cheese pizza forever. Vanilla ice cream forever.Or how about some unflavored non-fat ice milk, Maude?

JBear
09-10-2015, 03:50 PM
pineapple only belongs on a porky pizza

I've tried adding pineapple to veggie pizzas before and it's a terrible disaster
Now that I can agree with.

Now, if you find a grown-ass adult that only puts ketchup on their hot dog, that's a baby palate right there.
I'd like to think that I have a pretty sophisticated palette, and I'll eat almost anything, but I only put ketchup on my hot dogs, because that's how I had them as a kid, and if I'm going to be a grown-ass adult eating a hot dog, then acting like a kid feels like the whole point.

Kate or Die!
09-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Pizza should have neither meat nor cheese applied to it.

Falselogic
09-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Pizza should have neither meat nor cheese applied to it.

So you like flat bread?

Alixsar
09-10-2015, 04:30 PM
If I see pineapple on a pizza, I assume some kind of hideous accident has occurred. I mean, you'd have to be a fucking deviant. Let's have some goddamn standards.

End of thread discussion over

Pineapple pizza is one of those things where the people who like it? It's their favorite. Meanwhile everyone else just wonders what the fuck is wrong with them because it's clearly garbage. There is never any middle ground, it's either OMG THE BEST or OMG THE WORST. It's the FFIX of pizza toppings.

And, as well all know, FFIX is boring as shit so logically it follows that FUCK PINEAPPLE BOO BOOOOOOOOO

Falselogic
09-10-2015, 04:32 PM
End of thread discussion over

Pineapple pizza is one of those things where the people who like it? It's their favorite. Meanwhile everyone else just wonders what the fuck is wrong with them because it's clearly garbage. There is never any middle ground, it's either OMG THE BEST or OMG THE WORST. It's the FFIX of pizza toppings.

And, as well all know, FFIX is boring as shit so logically it follows that FUCK PINEAPPLE BOO BOOOOOOOOO

I like it but Im not crazy about it.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/building_collapse.gif

oh noe! there's your argument collapsing under its own awful weight...

Alixsar
09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
ONCE YOU HAVE TASTED THE FOUL FRUIT YOU ARE FOREVER TAINTED

YOUR SOUL IS LOST

Büge
09-10-2015, 06:35 PM
Fruit and cheese combinations are generally amazing, so yes, I love pineapple on pizza.

You ever tried apple pie with sharp cheddar?

Wolfgang
09-10-2015, 07:07 PM
I thought Hawaiiaiaiiaian pizza was the best idea as a kid because it was the most Ninja-Turtle-y. Then I had one and got food poisoning and never again. Then when I was ok with eating regular pizza again I put some M&M's on one because fucking Ninja Turtles rule. That's really decent, actually. And if you don't think so then I can fall back on the Standard Internet Food Preferences argument that you're a provincial, uncultured boor who would go into an actual museum and do an actual projectile diarrhea onto a Monet. While wearing undone bib overalls. Barefoot.

I think what's tough about pineapple is that specific acidic citrus with that specific savory dairy. Tomato sauce is acidic, but not nearly as much as pineapple, and not nearly as sweet. The two flavors, to me, are at odds.

Dhroo
09-10-2015, 07:10 PM
I don't like pineapple on pizza because it's always that shitty canned pineapple

If you can get pineapple on a pizza and still have it taste like raw, fresh pineapple, also known as The Greatest Fruit In The World, then get at me.

Teaspoon
09-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Marmite.

The "love it or hate it, there is no indifference" word is Marmite. Not that I've tried it on a pizza. Does work with a heavy bread and the right cheese, doesn't work with tomatoes.

Issun
09-10-2015, 09:48 PM

YOUR SOUL IS LOST

Pineapple: The Shield of Pizza Toppings.

PrivateJoker
09-10-2015, 11:19 PM
pineapple, bacon, and onions

get at me

madhair60
09-11-2015, 01:36 AM
I thought Hawaiiaiaiiaian pizza was the best idea as a kid because it was the most Ninja-Turtle-y. Then I had one and got food poisoning and never again. Then when I was ok with eating regular pizza again I put some M&M's on one because fucking Ninja Turtles rule. That's really decent, actually. And if you don't think so then I can fall back on the Standard Internet Food Preferences argument that you're a provincial, uncultured boor who would go into an actual museum and do an actual projectile diarrhea onto a Monet. While wearing undone bib overalls. Barefoot.

Doing that laugh where you're trying not to laugh because you're at work.

Dadgum Roi
09-11-2015, 08:04 AM

YOUR SOUL IS LOST

THEN TOUCH THE PIZZA INSIDE ME

SO THAT THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED

ghosttaster
09-11-2015, 02:49 PM
I don't like pineapple on pizza because it's always that shitty canned pineapple

If you can get pineapple on a pizza and still have it taste like raw, fresh pineapple, also known as The Greatest Fruit In The World, then get at me.

There's a place where I live that does fresh pineapple, but their actual pizza just isn't as good as my other preferred spots.

Pajaro Pete
09-11-2015, 04:00 PM
pineapple on pizza is good with smoked ham

personally the best pizza combo is black olives + mushrooms

JBear
09-11-2015, 04:07 PM
pineapple on pizza is good with smoked ham
This is a man who knows wha--

http://replygif.net/i/101.gif

mopinks
09-11-2015, 05:01 PM
I've been in a real fix lately because I'm always limited to two toppings and I can't seem to not put artichoke hearts on every pizza

Balrog
09-11-2015, 07:00 PM
I never like pineapple on pizza from cheap places but a nice local place puts pineapple, mandarin oranges, and Canadian bacon on their's and it's fantastic. Shit, now I want pizza :mad:

Dizzy
09-11-2015, 07:05 PM
I like to eat at gas stations. You can get good meals there.

I went to a gas station in the last several weeks that had a bakery attached it. That bakery produced many pizza specialties—king among them was the Spicy Apple Pizza. I never tasted anything so freaky delicious in my entire fucking miserable life.

That was the only reason to visit that goddamn fucking gas station. Until they lacked the ingredients to create what was on their menu. Now I can never go there again.

But knowing that spicy apple pizza is possible—more than I ever thought was ever possible—motivates me to want to try my hand at creating my own pizza from scratch.

krelbel
09-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Hawaiian pizza is better than pepperoni pizza when it is hot and fresh, but pepperoni pizza is better than hawaiian pizza when it is cold. In case you were wondering.

[And why not? I've already done peanut butter & Sriracha on toast -- which works because Sriracha has a bit of sweetness to it!]

omg I want to try this immediately

Spicy Apple Pizza

I have no idea what this is but I want it

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-12-2015, 04:55 PM
On a Hawaiian pizza, sure. Under most any other circumstance? Not so much.

Büge
09-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Okay, so I think I've mentioned the vegan pizza place I enjoy here in Toronto. It's called Apiecalypse Now, and they have a wonderful pizza called "The Toronto Island". Its toppings are listed as:

local organic tomato sauce
smoky grilled pineapple chunks
hickory bbq soy curls
vegan bacon bits
vegan jack cheese
vegan mozzarella cheese

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Not a vegan myself, but I'd be kind of tempted by that one.

As for pineapple, my other exception is the Sweet Canadian from Panago: "Sweet + smoky tropical sauce, extra pepperoni, bacon, sautéed mushrooms, pineapple and mozzarella/cheddar blend."

Magnifique.

Dadgum Roi
09-13-2015, 04:25 AM
Pizza-related content that is more disturbing that pineapple on a pizza:

https://youtu.be/-b7yvQed5Fo

Thanks, Youtube algorithms!

JBear
09-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Okay, so I think I've mentioned the vegan pizza place I enjoy here in Toronto. It's called Apiecalypse Now, and they have a wonderful pizza called "The Toronto Island". Its toppings are listed as:

local organic tomato sauce
smoky grilled pineapple chunks
hickory bbq soy curls
vegan bacon bits
vegan jack cheese
vegan mozzarella cheese

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
*makes mental note for his next trip to Toronto*

As for pineapple, my other exception is the Sweet Canadian from Panago: "Sweet + smoky tropical sauce, extra pepperoni, bacon, sautéed mushrooms, pineapple and mozzarella/cheddar blend."

Magnifique.
Hrm. Panago out here doesn't offer that. This is pretty close to what I custom order from them anyway, though, with goat cheese instead of the mozza/cheddar.

cortbassist89
09-13-2015, 10:45 AM
Cheese and pineapple pizza is delicious

Positronic Brain
09-13-2015, 12:42 PM
My wife once made a pizza with mango and bacon and it was heavenly. We should try it again.

misadventurous
09-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Hawaiian pizza slays. so does Greek pizza. They are both great because they're not typical pizza flavors, good for when you want to mix it up imo

best pizza i've had was a spicy Hawaiian: same as a normal one, with added pepper flakes and jalapenos. Groovy.

i love bacon in most contexts but i'm actually not a fan of bacon pizza...

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-13-2015, 06:37 PM
*makes mental note for his next trip to Toronto*

Hrm. Panago out here doesn't offer that. This is pretty close to what I custom order from them anyway, though, with goat cheese instead of the mozza/cheddar.

Yeah, it was a summer offering they had the past few years with other Canadian pizzas, but they didn't offer them this year. =(

Fortunately, they carry everything needed, it just costs more off-special.

Adam
09-16-2015, 03:54 PM
Hawaiian pizzas are pretty gross.

Because of the ham.

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Ham is one of my top three favorite meats on a pizza.

Elements
09-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Whenever ordering pizzas with my family, my sister and I were the only ones that ever wanted pineapple, but she always wanted ham with it, which just ruined it for me. Pineapple, jalapeño, pepperoni is my mainstay. I tried putting pears on a pizza once, but they seemed to add virtually nothing to the flavor. Curious about trying mango now, though!

ghosttaster
09-17-2015, 01:27 PM
This thread is interesting to me because people are really expressing strong topping preferences.

Sure, I generally order the same couple topping combos because, like everyone else, I know what I like. But if someone offered me a slice with some obscure topping I don't generally go for, I wouldn't decline. It's pizza! It's fucking delicious! No one ingredient can soil a whole slice, you turkeys.

cortbassist89
09-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Except jalapenos.

Wolfgang
09-17-2015, 03:40 PM
This thread is interesting to me because people are really expressing strong topping preferences.

Sure, I generally order the same couple topping combos because, like everyone else, I know what I like. But if someone offered me a slice with some obscure topping I don't generally go for, I wouldn't decline. It's pizza! It's fucking delicious! No one ingredient can soil a whole slice, you turkeys.

turkey pizza sounds pretty good

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-18-2015, 01:54 AM
turkey pizza sounds pretty good

I still want to try a fried chicken pizza. Crispy breaded chicken on a pizza, at least, whether or not it's technically fried.

Positronic Brain
09-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Except jalapenos.

Why do you hate flavor?

I still want to try a fried chicken pizza. Crispy breaded chicken on a pizza, at least, whether or not it's technically fried.

Ah! We have a pizza chain here that has breaded chicken popcorn pizza in the menu. I'm not a fan of chicken in pizza, but this one is the exception.

cortbassist89
09-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Why do you hate flavor? .
I have IBS

ghosttaster
09-18-2015, 10:05 AM
I think turkey would be really great on a pizza, especially dark meat. I've had solid chicken pizzas, but I wouldn't go in for a fried/breaded chicken pizza, myself.

JBear
09-18-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm pretty sure I've had turkey pizza, and can confirm that it was indeed pretty swell.

No one ingredient can soil a whole slice, you turkeys.
Green pepper does this for me, and it's a bit embarrassing, to be honest. I don't know why; I love green peppers! I love them in salads and stir-frys, and I'll sometimes even slice one up and eat it raw as a snack. Just... not on pizza. Even if I were to pick them off, I'd still taste that they were there. I swear I can taste it on the slice if a green pepper just casts a shadow on it at any point.

And for some reason, none of that applies to red/yellow/orange peppers, or hot peppers, or anything else. Just green peppers.

TE-Ryan
09-18-2015, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't go in for a fried/breaded chicken pizza, myself.

Ack! No! That would be so many kinds of awful!

My current favourite pizza is Tropical Chicken. Grilled chicken, bacon, cheese, and pineapple, with BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce. It is absolutely perfect.

ghosttaster
09-18-2015, 10:37 AM
A restaurant I worked for did a pretty cool variant of General Tso's Chicken in a sauce made mostly of honey, sambal and ketchup (nothing exotic or interesting, really).

I was thinking that maybe a 'lighter' sort of breaded and fried chicken like that using a tempura type batter) could be nice, with a sweeter sort of sauce like they used...

But I think any breading itself will naturally overpower the essential pizza-y elements. It wouldn't be bad, it just wouldn't make for really great 'za.

Falselogic
09-18-2015, 12:53 PM
grilled pineapple is really good on a burger too!

Positronic Brain
09-18-2015, 04:46 PM
grilled pineapple is really good on a burger too!
This. I also know of a place that makes an awesome Burger with apples in it.

MooMoo
09-19-2015, 04:55 PM
I would rather have a pizza made entirely from pineapple than have one with anchovies/olives on. I find both of these things highly offensive on a pizza. And sweetcorn. Stop taking up space for better things, you gash.

cortbassist89
09-19-2015, 06:06 PM
I would remove someone from my life who ate pizza with corn in front of me

Torzelbaum
09-19-2015, 07:06 PM
What if the bottom is dusted with cornmeal - does that count?

Issun
09-19-2015, 07:36 PM
Bacon/Pineapple/Jalapeno with white garlic sauce. That's a good pie right there.

TE-Ryan
09-19-2015, 08:13 PM
Bacon/Pineapple/Jalapeno with white garlic sauce. That's a good pie right there.

Haven't tried it, but that sounds sublime.

JBear
09-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I had a pizza with pineapple on it this very night.

And I'll do it again.

(It was delicious.)

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-20-2015, 01:45 AM
I would remove someone from my life who ate pizza with corn in front of me

I'd at least try it. Not saying I'd like it, not saying I'd seek to repeat it, but I'm almost always willing to try something else I like on a pizza, because you never know.

I mean, hey, poutine pizza? Such a thing was one unheard of, but now...

Lady
09-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Corn on pizza goes great with the sweet potato crust.

"Don't knock it 'til you've tried it."

mopinks
09-21-2015, 09:43 AM
it's very difficult to think of a single topping that couldn't potentially be good on the right pizza

pizza is the infinite canvas

Red Hedgehog
09-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I would rather have a pizza made entirely from pineapple than have one with anchovies/olives on. I find both of these things highly offensive on a pizza. And sweetcorn. Stop taking up space for better things, you gash.

Oh man, anchovies and olives is like my favorite pizza topping.

(Ok, ok, joking - the flavors would be too strong. But one or the other is great.)

Like so. But with green olives.

cortbassist89
09-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Back to pineapple, I was so happy to see Prof Stein/Firestorm eat a pineapple only pizza on The Flash

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-22-2015, 02:51 AM
it's very difficult to think of a single topping that couldn't potentially be good on the right pizza

pizza is the infinite canvas

I read in a book about pizza once that anything can be a pizza topping.

And you'd better believe I played that trump card pretty much every time the "name a pizza topping" card came up in some sort of board/card game that we used to play (I wish I could remember the name of it).

MooMoo
09-22-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Asda (a supermarket in the UK) does pizzas on top of pizzas now. Infinite canvas indeed.

Issun
09-22-2015, 03:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Asda (a supermarket in the UK) does pizzas on top of pizzas now. Infinite canvas indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/sBWVDSw.jpg

misadventurous
09-22-2015, 03:55 PM
i would like to eat the hell out of that

Büge
09-22-2015, 04:27 PM

"New" square shape?

JBear
09-23-2015, 07:13 AM
The old swastika shape didn't test well with focus groups.

Positronic Brain
09-23-2015, 07:37 AM
I can completely believe that the people in a culture that is decadent enough to create a macaroni & cheese pizza are so entitled that they complain their round pizza doesn't fill all the space inside their square pizza box.

TE-Ryan
09-23-2015, 08:29 AM
Every time this thread pops up on the main page, I get a strong desire to get myself a pineapple pizza.

Two weeks now, and I still haven't indulged that craving. It's not self-control though, it's a combination of being too lazy to go out and too cheap to order delivery.

Büge
09-23-2015, 09:13 AM
What TE-Ryan said. Exactly.

cortbassist89
09-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Macaroni and cheese pizza is the bomb

Issun
09-23-2015, 02:19 PM
"New" square shape?

erauqS sI azziP ehT

MooMoo
09-23-2015, 02:42 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/Moo_Moo/square%20pizza.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Moo_Moo/media/square%20pizza.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/Moo_Moo/Bpos_V4CQAE-4rg.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Moo_Moo/media/Bpos_V4CQAE-4rg.jpg.html)
Anyway, this is what I was on about. The "double decker". Now can you take this and give us the KFC Double Down, please?

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-24-2015, 01:40 AM
I'm guessing that maybe the broader area of the pizza in square form, with little "free" room in the box, might help prevent the mac and cheese from spilling off?

SpoonyBardOL
09-24-2015, 05:43 AM
This isn't so much about pizza as it is pineapple, but last night I made some pork burritos with pineapple salsa and they were so dang good.

madhair60
09-24-2015, 06:02 AM
This isn't so much about pizza as it is pineapple, but last night I made some pork burritos with pineapple salsa and they were so dang good.

Gotta tell ya, I'm intrigued.

SpoonyBardOL
09-24-2015, 06:32 AM
Pineapple salsa is fairly simple, I've used it with other southwest pork recipes, sometimes southwest shrimp recipes too. It's basically just standard fresh salsa, like a pico de gallo, but with pineapple instead of tomato.

In this case it was one drained can of Pineapple Tidbits (something like, what, 15 oz I think?), which I chopped a bit to get smaller pieces. One half of a red onion finely diced, and a jalapeno pepper finely diced. All of those are stirred together with the juice from a lime (the acidity is really crucial) and then you let it sit in the fridge with the flavors blending until you need it. Whenever I make fresh salsa I usually make it in the morning for use in the evening, but at least one or two hours ahead of time would work as well.

The pork burritos were fairly simple. I took a smallish-medium sized pork roast (loin in this case since I didn't want it too fatty), cut it into cubes and coated it with a homemade taco seasoning (a couple of packets of the dry pre-made stuff would work too) and threw the cubes and seasoning into a heavy bag with some garlic cloves and let it marinade in that overnight. In the morning, right after I made the salsa, I threw the meat into the slow cooker with a can of diced tomatoes for the liquid and let it cook on low for eight hours while I was at work.

Since I had some big-ass tortilla shells I also made some quick seasoned rice and drained some black beans to throw in there as well, and since the seasoning on the pork was mild I also topped it with a healthy dose of sriracha and some shredded pepperjack.

Overall it made about eight large burritos, most of which I will be freezing for quick dinners in the future when I don't feel like/have time for cooking.

And since I'm going over my burrito strats, I'll also say that I reheat my frozen burritos in the microwave and then finish them in a hot dry non-stick skillet over medium heat to toast and firm up the now soggy tortilla shell (obviously I don't toast any of the ones I freeze beforehand).

I kinda went into 'brag about what you cooked' territory there, but the point is pineapple salsa and southwest styled pork are a good combo.

madhair60
09-24-2015, 06:41 AM
I'm always interested in reading about peoples' cooking on here because I have a pretty conservative diet, somewhat brought on by depression but also partly being raised the way I was. I try to break out of it but it's pretty tough, feeling the way I do. Total first-world problem I guess. I just feel like there are two worlds of food and I belong to the shit and lazy one, really.

Bunk Moreland
09-24-2015, 07:55 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/Moo_Moo/Bpos_V4CQAE-4rg.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Moo_Moo/media/Bpos_V4CQAE-4rg.jpg.html)
Anyway, this is what I was on about. The "double decker". Now can you take this and give us the KFC Double Down, please?

Hold the phone here. Is corn on a pizza the UK's fault? I always thought it was a Japanese idea, but maybe it was one of those weird "British people do it, so the whole world must do it!" things that I've seen sometimes in this country.

Also, pineapple (or mango) salsa is amazing! Pineapple's probably better since you have more acidity, so putting it in with some spicy ingredients could lead to a good kick.

Reinforcements
09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I like dates on pizza. Dates and prosciutto.

JBear
09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
I'm always interested in reading about peoples' cooking on here because I have a pretty conservative diet, somewhat brought on by depression but also partly being raised the way I was. I try to break out of it but it's pretty tough, feeling the way I do. Total first-world problem I guess. I just feel like there are two worlds of food and I belong to the shit and lazy one, really.
I used to be like this, then made the transition roughly 8 years ago and am much happier for having done so. My parents are two of the pickiest, least adventurous eaters on the planet (my mother won't even eat rice), and I was raised on fish & chips, chicken fingers, and McDonalds, but my ex-wife absolutely wouldn't stand for it. So I more or less had to be forced to broaden my palette, but now that I have I wouldn't have it any other way. Trying new things really is one of life's pleasures, and there's a whole lot of amazing tastes out there.

TE-Ryan
09-24-2015, 11:41 AM
http://torrentialequilibrium.net/images/pineapple on a pizza.JPG

Oh my glob, it was so delicious. Not because the place I got it from makes a particularly good pie, but rather because I've been craving it for [what feels like] so darn long now.

Daikaiju
09-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Hunger is the best spice, craving a close second.

Falselogic
09-24-2015, 03:25 PM
https://media.boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/turtle.gif

Positronic Brain
09-24-2015, 03:37 PM
I too had a pineapple pizza (with chamoy hot sauce) for dinner.

Great minds with great taste think alike!

MooMoo
09-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Hold the phone here. Is corn on a pizza the UK's fault? I always thought it was a Japanese idea, but maybe it was one of those weird "British people do it, so the whole world must do it!" things that I've seen sometimes in this country.

Also, pineapple (or mango) salsa is amazing! Pineapple's probably better since you have more acidity, so putting it in with some spicy ingredients could lead to a good kick.

We have corn on fucking everything. Pisses me right off, it does. I think it really is just filler, or maybe "hey, let's put some YELLOW on there!". Flagrant use of sweetcorn is NOT OK guys.

Issun
09-24-2015, 04:24 PM
We have corn on fucking everything. Pisses me right off, it does. I think it really is just filler, or maybe "hey, let's put some YELLOW on there!". Flagrant use of sweetcorn is NOT OK guys.

Panda Express has decided to react to the price increase in eggs not by just having fried rice without eggs, but instead by replacing the egg with corn. Which, they're not even the same thing at all.

Although it might be a good thing since there's a Panda in the store I work at and it's cut down my intake a lot.

taosterman
09-24-2015, 06:38 PM
Corn on pizza is great. Try it with a very limited amount of sauce, and never a red sauce. Something buttery, or pesto. Cheese Board in Berkeley does awesome pizzas with corn all the time, and I've had good results in my own kitchen.

Bunk Moreland
09-25-2015, 06:34 AM
I think that's the problem. Japanese pizza with corn is either a regular tomato sauce pizza with corn as one of many toppings (i.e. Domino's Japan's vegetable pizza), or it's just one more thing added on to an unholy combination of things that do not mix well on pizza. Tuna, corn, potatoes, and mayo? Those are great in a salad, but on a pizza, even one with some kind of light white sauce/butter, it doesn't taste any good, IMO. Which is weird, because buttered corn on the cob is amazing, only topped by adding soy sauce. And a baked potato with cheese is great. I think it's just that adding bread gives it way too much starch for me.

Also, to bring this back around to pineapple pizza, Domino's Japan adds corn (unnecessarily) to their tropical (ham and pineapple) pizza. It's part of why I have never ordered one.

JBear
09-25-2015, 08:14 AM
Panda Express has decided to react to the price increase in eggs not by just having fried rice without eggs, but instead by replacing the egg with corn. Which, they're not even the same thing at all.
Ugh, I hate corn in rice dishes. Peas too. Just ruins the texture for me.

Although it might be a good thing since there's a Panda in the store I work at and it's cut down my intake a lot.
Yeah, I imagine that a roving bear would discourage someone from partaking.

Red Hedgehog
09-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I imagine that a roving bear would discourage someone from partaking.

Pandas are raccoons!

JBear
09-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Actually, that depends on who you ask. It's still a discussion in progress, but from my reading, it would seem that most scientists have decided that the giant panda, such as appears on Panda Express' logo, is properly classified as a bear after all. DNA testing supposedly supports this classification.

TE-Ryan
09-25-2015, 10:14 AM
"hey, let's put some YELLOW on there!".

That's what the pineapple is for!

Corn... I find is best served as its own thing. Ideally while still attached to the cob. Or mixed in with a bowl of KD.

JBear
09-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Corn... I find is best served as its own thing. Ideally while still attached to the cob.
Nod, nod, I agree with--

Or mixed in with a bowl of KD.
You're dead to me.

TE-Ryan
09-25-2015, 10:25 AM
Gotta put something in there to give it some nutritional value.

(I am also a big fan of Mac & Peas)

Büge
09-25-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm sure cornbread crust pizza is a thing.

Gotta put something in there to give it some nutritional value.

What about that Smart* KD?

*cauliflower powder isn't smart.

JBear
09-25-2015, 10:35 AM
That dish, and, more importantly, that name, is an abomination.

I'm sure cornbread crust pizza is a thing.
Cornbread is a whole different animal. I've had cornbread pizza crust, and it was delicious.

TE-Ryan
09-25-2015, 01:55 PM
That dish, and, more importantly, that name, is an abomination.

Now I'm going to imagine that my kitchen is a laboratory and every time I'm finished cooking dinner, cackle like Dr Frankenstein.

"It's a meal! A meal!!! HA HA HA HA HA!!"

Issun
09-25-2015, 02:47 PM
"Would you mind telling me whose recipe I used?"

"Abby someone."

cortbassist89
09-25-2015, 05:29 PM
So tonight I made frito chili pie pizza. It was delicious. My body will likely hate me later.

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-26-2015, 03:07 AM
I think that's the problem. Japanese pizza with corn is either a regular tomato sauce pizza with corn as one of many toppings (i.e. Domino's Japan's vegetable pizza), or it's just one more thing added on to an unholy combination of things that do not mix well on pizza. Tuna, corn, potatoes, and mayo? Those are great in a salad, but on a pizza, even one with some kind of light white sauce/butter, it doesn't taste any good, IMO. Which is weird, because buttered corn on the cob is amazing, only topped by adding soy sauce. And a baked potato with cheese is great. I think it's just that adding bread gives it way too much starch for me.

Also, to bring this back around to pineapple pizza, Domino's Japan adds corn (unnecessarily) to their tropical (ham and pineapple) pizza. It's part of why I have never ordered one.

Will they not hold the corn if you ask?

Bunk Moreland
09-26-2015, 06:14 AM
Oh yeah, they do. Just the idea of sweet corn on a pineapple and ham pizza makes me think they missed the point already, so I feel like the main toppings are suspect.

Issun
09-26-2015, 08:57 PM
I'd bet sweet corn on a barbecue chicken pizza would, however, be delicious.

LBD_Nytetrayn
09-27-2015, 03:46 AM
Yeah, I can see that working. Throw some mashed potatoes on top, too.

Bunk Moreland
09-27-2015, 05:27 AM
I'd rather just have all that without the pizza crust, to be honest.

pudik
10-08-2015, 07:36 AM
pineapple and jalapeno is my go to for pizza toppin

Büge
06-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Sam Panopoulos, Canadian inventor of Hawaiian pizza, dies at 83 (http://www.cbc.ca/news/hawaiian-pizza-sam-panopoulos-1.4155044)

Positronic Brain
06-10-2017, 08:55 AM
A hero and a gentleman. May his name be forever surrounded in glory.

Daikaiju
06-10-2017, 09:23 AM
I love a nice Hawaiian pizza, but hate it when they used sweetened pineapple.

WildcatJF
06-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I like pineapple on pizza sometimes. With olives and chicken, usually, although I am down with a Hawaiian.

WisteriaHysteria
06-25-2017, 06:22 AM
Pineapple on pizza is good. Because at the very least, warm pineapple tastes amazing, and you can just pluck it off and eat it separately if you don't want it mixing with the rest of your pizza.

R^2
06-25-2017, 08:21 AM
A couple weeks ago the pizza guy at my work basically went "you are like a little baby, watch this" and put chunks lf mango on a pizza instead.

Like I get why Pineapple Discourse exists but there are far worse things.

mopinks
06-25-2017, 08:30 AM
I had a jerk chicken pizza with mango on it that was good as hell

everything belongs on pizza

WisteriaHysteria
06-25-2017, 09:00 AM
Mango on pizza sounds delicious, actually.

Everything belongs on pizza. Just every pizza isn't for everyone, and that's OK.

It just sucks when you're ordering pizza as a group and you get the shaft. That's why I'm such a big fan of these new personal-sized, subwayesque build-your-own places. Never again will I have to eat pesto slime or wrongly prepared anchovies on top of my pizzas ever again.

Positronic Brain
06-25-2017, 09:19 AM
My wife makes mango pizza and it's amazing. Particularly if you spread some chile piquin or hot sauce over it.

Bunk Moreland
06-25-2017, 11:35 AM
What's bad on pizza:
Corn, potatoes, mayonnaise, tuna.
aka the British pizza, which was probably invented by the same guys who thought up Brexit since it's so bad.

Kirin
06-25-2017, 12:26 PM
A place near me does a pretty good pizza with thin-sliced potatoes. Not my most fave, but my wife really likes it. Corn and mayo, though, no. Is it the Brits' fault that the Japanese picked that up?

Yesterday I was at a beer and pizza joint and made one with mozz, bacon, caramelized onions, and goat cheese. Yum.

BEAT
06-25-2017, 02:29 PM
Pineapple on pizza is good.

Torzelbaum
06-25-2017, 04:21 PM
On a side note:
pizza is an open-faced sandwich!

(Don't put pineapple on a sandwich... that you are going to serve to me.)

Bunk Moreland
06-25-2017, 04:28 PM
A place near me does a pretty good pizza with thin-sliced potatoes. Not my most fave, but my wife really likes it. Corn and mayo, though, no. Is it the Brits' fault that the Japanese picked that up?

I believe so, though maybe mayo was the Japanese addition.

Parish
06-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Serpentor invented pizza.
Serpentor was evil.
Serpentor's pizza did not include pineapples.
Ergo: Not putting pineapple on pizza is evil.
Q.E.D.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8638/16191353578_1de73fed53_z.jpg

JBear
06-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Yesterday I was at a beer and pizza joint and made one with mozz, bacon, caramelized onions, and goat cheese. Yum.
The only place in town that will serve me a goat cheese pizza closed down last week and I am inconsolable.

While I was exploring alternative options, I discovered that Papa John's has a ranch pizza sauce? I am morbidly curious, but my curiousity has yet to override my self-preservation instincts.

Positronic Brain
06-29-2017, 10:04 AM
The only place in town that will serve me a goat cheese pizza closed down last week and I am inconsolable.

Is it that rare there? Every pizza place has goat cheese here. Heck, Domino's has goat cheese filled borders as an option.

(no way in hell you'll find anyone who knows what ranch dressing is, though)

Kirin
06-29-2017, 10:24 AM
I think around here goat cheese is seen as an "up-scale" topping, so it's fairly common at places that are trying to be a little bit fancy as far as pizza goes, but not so much at your basic "good cheap pizza" types. Some places have it on a list of toppings that cost a little extra along with the fancy meats and such.

JBear
06-29-2017, 11:22 AM
I have done an exhaustive search, and the only place in town that I can get goat cheese on a pizza is at the priciest restaurant in town, and then only as a specific appetizer pizza rather than the build-your-own that I'd prefer.

Is it that rare there? Every pizza place has goat cheese here. Heck, Domino's has goat cheese filled borders as an option.
Yum! I checked Domino's website just to be sure, but they don't offer any choice of cheese at all here.

(Also, their pizza is garbo, although there's at least two other places in town that I hate more.)

(no way in hell you'll find anyone who knows what ranch dressing is, though)
I've never actually tasted ranch dressing, since I don't typically have dressing on my salads. I suspect I'd like it, though, given my tastes.

Torzelbaum
06-29-2017, 06:56 PM
I've never actually tasted ranch dressing, since I don't typically have dressing on my salads.Not even a vinaigrette!?
*puts on a monocole so that it can go flying off*

Bunk Moreland
06-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Me neither when it comes to salad dressing. There are a few I like, but I generally prefer to taste the vegetables more.

Unholy pizza I ate within the last month: Papa John's bacon cheeseburger pizza. It actually kinda works! It's also a crime against humanity.

Falselogic
06-29-2017, 08:42 PM
I like a vinaigrette on my salads. I like dipping most grilled or fried things in ranch dressing.

Ahamkara
06-29-2017, 09:45 PM
I like a vinaigrette on my salads. I like dipping most grilled or fried things in ranch dressing.
Same.

Y'know, there's something kinda comforting about buying some cheap pizza and dipping it into ranch. It helps the crushed red peppers and grated Parmesan cheese stick when you sprinkle them on.

JBear
06-30-2017, 06:51 AM
Me neither when it comes to salad dressing. There are a few I like, but I generally prefer to taste the vegetables more.
Yeah, that's exactly how I feel about it. I could taste some lovely tomatoes and carrots and bell peppers, etc, or I could taste a dressing, and I would prefer the earlier (Inb4 someone correctly points out how this contrasts with my usual attitude on condiments). That being said, I'm fine burying it in nuts and cheeses, etc.

Unholy pizza I ate within the last month: Papa John's bacon cheeseburger pizza. It actually kinda works! It's also a crime against humanity.
Pizza crimes are among my favourite crimes. #pizzacrimes

Red Hedgehog
06-30-2017, 08:25 AM
Pizza crimes are among my favourite crimes. #pizzacrimes

JBear, you are responsible with more food crimes than anyone I know.

taosterman
06-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Whenever I see this thread title, I imagine madhair shouting "PINEAPPLE ON A PIZZA!" as an exasperated exclamation, like "Great Caesar's ghost!"

Falselogic
06-30-2017, 08:58 AM
JBear, you are responsible with more food crimes than anyone I know.

FINALLY someone sees the light!

Mightyblue
06-30-2017, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately, flawgic runs a close #2.

Red Hedgehog
06-30-2017, 09:23 AM
FINALLY someone sees the light!

Hey, what you lack in quantity, you more than make for in quality.

Issun
07-03-2017, 09:49 PM
To be fair to JBear, any olive oil you can afford is probably shit.

Sven
07-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Yum! I checked Domino's website just to be sure, but they don't offer any choice of cheese at all here.

They kinda do in Ontario - you can add Feta and Cheddar, but they count as toppings. No goat cheese, though.

I'm... actually kind of positively-disposed towards Domino's at the moment? A new one opened up a couple blocks away and they seem to be reasonably competent. Mind you, I only ever order their thin crust pizzas because it seems like anything other than that is disastrous.

KCar
07-06-2017, 12:03 PM
The current iteration of Domino's is, to my mind, appealingly bad pizza. It and a 2L soda bottle are the perfect complement to a night slumming it with, say, a Paul Rudd comedy movie.

muteKi
07-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Domino's: We can't call what we sell pizza any more, but don't let that stop you

Torzelbaum
07-06-2017, 04:08 PM
They kinda do in Ontario - you can add Feta and Cheddar, but they count as toppings. No goat cheese, though.

I'm... actually kind of positively-disposed towards Domino's at the moment? A new one opened up a couple blocks away and they seem to be reasonably competent. Mind you, I only ever order their thin crust pizzas because it seems like anything other than that is disastrous.That's odd. Recently I only find their pan pizza to be edilbe.

Domino's: We can't call what we sell pizza any more, but don't let that stop youI thought it was because they wanted to push all of the other stuff on their menu.

muteKi
07-06-2017, 04:34 PM
Domino's: We're not just pizza

Falselogic
07-06-2017, 04:53 PM
As much as all y'all may hate them. Dominos is pizza.

I mean it's not a high bar to clear.

Serephine
07-06-2017, 05:53 PM
As much as all y'all may hate them. Dominos is pizza.

I mean it's not a high bar to clear.
I was gonna say, it ain't great but it's not garbage if it's prepared right. Now granted the odds of it being prepared right are pretty fuckin slim if you're not doing it yourself, but it's alright.

Source: I fuckin work at one~

LBD_Nytetrayn
07-07-2017, 03:30 AM
Dominos around here is alright. Good, even.

On the subject of fruit on pizza, I'm generally more of a watermelon and orange kind of guy than pineapple. But has anyone ever put either on a pizza? I'm curious now.

Positronic Brain
07-07-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm generally more of a watermelon and orange kind of guy than pineapple. But has anyone ever put either on a pizza? I'm curious now.

That sounds... Not a good idea. Both of them are mostly water, and I'm not sure the citrus from an orange would go well in a pizza.

But there are always adventurous spirits (http://www.createdby-diane.com/2012/12/orange-chicken-pizza.html) out there (http://www.cookthink.com/recipe/11963/Watermelon_Pizza)...

taosterman
07-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Orange chicken is unusual but seems doable. A lot of the water has been cooked down into a glaze and won't soak the crust any more than your average sauce. Watermelon I can't imagine ever working, not to mention the sheer flavor incongruity, but there are a lot of talented cooks out there.

Büge
07-11-2017, 07:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEY90gnXoAQTTo-.jpg

Daikaiju
07-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Ok, I think we have a replacement for the hotdog abomination.

Torzelbaum
07-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Büge ate this.jpg

Kirin
07-18-2017, 11:55 AM
I'd eat that.

I've recently come to realize that Domino's is pretty okay around here, at least as far as fast food pizza goes. Back in the 80s when I was growing up they were terrible but their pies are pretty different now. Of course, their politics are still execrable (the founder is commitedly anti-choice), but Papa John is an Obama-hater and Pizza Hut donates overwhelmingly GOP too, so whatcha gonna do? (Buy local, I suppose, which is admirable but not always practical.)

Falselogic
07-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Ok, I think we have a replacement for the hotdog abomination.

finally!

spineshark
07-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Büge ate this.jpgas far as i know it was originally posted by a smash bros. melee tournament player on twitter

Büge
07-19-2017, 09:11 AM
as far as i know it was originally posted by a smash bros. melee tournament player on twitter

I didn't want to appear defensive, but yes.

Vaeran
07-19-2017, 09:12 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEY90gnXoAQTTo-.jpg

They look like little cowboy hats

JBear
07-19-2017, 09:48 AM
CANNOT UNSEE

Issun
09-19-2017, 09:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PMoPuMi.jpg

Positronic Brain
09-19-2017, 11:51 PM
They blew it up! God, damn you! Damn you all to hell!!!

Cait
09-20-2017, 06:41 AM
Dominos around here is alright. Good, even.

On the subject of fruit on pizza, I'm generally more of a watermelon and orange kind of guy than pineapple. But has anyone ever put either on a pizza? I'm curious now.

Belated response since this thread came back: There was a place in Seattle I went to years back that did a Hawaiian sort of pizza, but they used little mandarin orange sections instead of pineapple. Very good, have done this myself since.

narcodis
09-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Pineapple only works on pizza because of how well grilled pineapple works as a side to a savory dish (i.e. barbeque).

Not sure how well other cooked fruits do in this regard. In fact I can't really think of too many fruits that are cooked in a non-dessert context (besides savory fruit like tomatoes/peppers).

Ample Vigour
09-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Roasted or fried apples are a traditional accompaniment to pork, and cooked pears find their way into salads somewhat often.

Bananas and plantains are super common in Caribbean cooking.

narcodis
09-20-2017, 09:51 AM
Hmm interesting. I wonder if a pizza could work with an apple-based sauce. Maybe with pulled pork as a topping. Not sure what kind of cheese... maybe some sort of swiss/asiago blend or something?

Büge
09-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Hmm interesting. I wonder if a pizza could work with an apple-based sauce. Maybe with pulled pork as a topping. Not sure what kind of cheese... maybe some sort of swiss/asiago blend or something?

Traditionally, if you have a tart apple, a softer, more creamy cheese like gouda works best. If it's a sweet apple, use sharper cheeses like cheddar.

Source: my grandmother who put cheese on her apple pie

Issun
09-20-2017, 06:18 PM
Roasted or fried apples are a traditional accompaniment to pork, and cooked pears find their way into salads somewhat often.

Bananas and plantains are super common in Caribbean cooking.

Pagliacci, a Seattle chain, does a seasonal pie with pear ad gorgonzola. It's ridiculously good.

Johnny Unusual
09-20-2017, 06:26 PM
Pagliacci, a Seattle chain, does a seasonal pie with pear ad gorgonzola. It's ridiculously good.

I've never heard of them but I got a great commercial spec script.

Man at psychiatrists office

Psychiatrist: What's the problem.

Guy: I'm hungry.

Psychiatrist: You should eat your troubles away at Pagliacci Pizza. And with two large pies you can get a 2 litre Royal Crown Cola for half off.

Guy: But doctor... I AM PIZZA!

Prychiatrist: ... I don't think your trouble is that you are hungry. I believe that you may have a serious mental illness.

Guy: MY FLESH IS DOUGH AND MY BLOOD IS MARINARA! EEEEEEEEAAAAAATTTTT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ample Vigour
09-21-2017, 11:31 AM
You put that on TV and the 'foreverially delitized' guy is going to die of a priapism

Torzelbaum
09-21-2017, 04:20 PM
I don't know. Would that actually do it for him? The deli meat part of that equation could be in the minority (depending on how generouse Pagliacci is with the toppings).

Paul le Fou
09-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Pear is a common pairing with gorgonzola, yes. Throw in some prosciutto and red wine reduction drizzle and you've got a damn fine flatbread pizza.

As above, I bet apple would be great on a BBQ pork pizza, too.

You know what's not great on pizza, though?

Pineapple.

BEAT
09-29-2017, 10:25 AM
No way it's the best.

Solitayre
09-29-2017, 11:05 AM
0FvFG4YDoas

narcodis
09-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Y'all haters can feel free never to enjoy a hawaiian pizza! More for me!

JBear
09-29-2017, 12:45 PM
Pizza + goat cheese + pineapple = heaven

The holy trinity. The only way to salvation is through pineapple.

Issun
09-29-2017, 03:52 PM
If I'm having goat cheese on my pizza I'm most likely to pair it with roasted red pepper. Maybe some prosciutto and basil as well, but goat cheese and roasted red pepper are one of the greatest flavor combos in the world.

One time I ordered a goat cheese pizza from a pizza place, and smoked duck from a pan-asian place. I shredded the duck and put it on the pizza. It was so rich I could only eat a couple of pieces at a time but dear lord was it amazing.

WisteriaHysteria
09-30-2017, 12:20 AM
Hating pineapple on pizza is like hating pickles on hamburgers.

narcodis
09-30-2017, 05:38 PM
Hating pineapple on pizza is like hating pickles on hamburgers.

Except pickles are super gross