PDA

View Full Version : smoothies

madhair60
03-01-2016, 08:25 AM
I am shit at eating fruit and veg so I love smoothies, what is the best smoothie and also some smoothie "lifehacks" (is that what the kids say?)

tell me the best smoothie tips thanks.

Kishi
03-01-2016, 08:38 AM
Avocado smoothie.

Avocado smoothie.

Avocado smoothie.

Repent.

MooMoo
03-01-2016, 02:36 PM
http://www.talking-time.net/showthread.php?t=17114
M8

madhair60
03-02-2016, 02:04 AM
fucking care mate your thread's shite

Excitemike
03-02-2016, 05:46 AM
I don't like cleaning the blender.

BŁge
03-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Use an immersion blender.

Vega
03-09-2016, 06:33 AM
My girlfriend typically uses blueberries or strawberries, greens (kale or chard or spinach), rolled oats, white or green tea and a superfood powder. When she makes it for herself she often uses kefir but not when she makes it for me because I lean vegan. Her smoothies tend to be a dark gray color but I like them and I assume they're real healthy.

MooMoo
03-10-2016, 03:14 AM
Ok let's do this.

Buy THIS (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VBL062-Blend-Active-Personal-Blender/dp/B00DGLUW4E) if you can spare the money. It is worth every penny.

THINGS I PUT IN SMOOTHIES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER COS RARELY DOES IT EVER TASTE BAD ANYWAY:

Banana (v. good for texture and mild sweetness)
Milk (and variants, such as soy, almond, etc. Good if you're worried about your drink getting warm and going off)
Honey
Maple syrup (only if I really need sweetener)
Oats (try to blend these before you add other stuff, otherwise it's a bit lumpy)
Orange juice
Apple juice
JUICE OF MANY FLAVOURS
Apple
Berries (you can buy frozen bags, cheaper and less faff.)
Linseed mix
Protein powder
Yoghurt (<3)
Mango
Pineapple
Melon (usually honeydew types, watermelon doesnt sound like it'd work well but who am I to judge)
Misc fruit in my house like tins (most things are fine, it depends how much faff you're willing to put up with)

Protip: if it sounds healthy just put it in the blender.