PDA

View Full Version : Fun Club 8: Dracula X - Rondo of Blood

Parish
10-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Talk about the original here! And the remake! All versions OK.

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood
Konami | Action | PCE Duo | 1993 / PSP | 2007

Eirikr
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Is it so wrong that I am once again looking forward to a game because of the music?

I first played Rondo 3 years ago, my friend had both the game and a PC Engine for me to borrow. It was a religious experience. At my best, I could beat the game in 20 minutes with Maria. Which really isn't saying a whole lot.

Maggie
10-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Curse of Darkness had good music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5HHYuQi7cQ), too. So be careful.

Eirikr
10-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Do you remember
A long time ago
(In Transylvania)
There was a man named Dracula
(He was a vampire)
He slept all day
(And slept all night)
He had a craving for....BLOOD

cartman414
10-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Ah yes, Rondo of Blood. I first had the chance to play it in 2000, and similar to Jeremy, while I enjoyed it well enough on my first playthrough, I appreciated it even more when I played through it again a few more times and discovered its secrets, and how it progressed the series. As sort of an evolution of the multiple paths of Dracula's Curse, every level had an alternate path with a different, sometimes more difficult boss, which, when beaten, would lead to an alternate following level. Finding and completing all of these, not to mention the 4 women in captivity, not only gave a real sense of accomplishment in of itself, but also rewarded the player with Maria, a fun character if there ever was one. (Just beat the game with her, and you'll see what I mean.)

Beyond all this, Rondo was also quite possibly the most balanced in the entire series, and best exemplified the need for a more caution and methodical approach that defined the level based games within the series. At this point, practically each and every enemy had a method of attack that you had to prepare yourself for, with some having more than one, particularly the bosses, which made for some exciting battles.

So, yeah, I liked it.

Maggie
10-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I've played Dracula X, but I'm hoping that Rondo isn't too close to it so that I'll be surprised.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Man I cannot wait to pick this up as I love me some Rondo. I also held off on replaying the XBLA SotN just for this.

le geek
10-24-2007, 03:49 AM
Time to dust off the DUO.

Tomm Guycot
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
For everyone all worried cause of Jeremy's review--all the "emulation problems" aren't present in the remake. Just the emulated original.

The remake is fantastic. Originally I was planning to just unlock hte original ASAP, but I'm having a lot of fun with its polygonal makeover. The music especially is fantastic.

That said - I can't find the unlockable games. Any help is appreciated.

TheSL
10-24-2007, 09:45 AM
I've got just one question(since I won't have my copy until after work)- is the intro movie still in German?

Tomm Guycot
10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
I've got just one question(since I won't have my copy until after work)- is the intro movie still in German?

I wanted to reply "yes" in German but I can't recall how to say that. The only word I can remember is nein.

So I guess my answer is "not nein"

djSyndrome
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I wanted to reply "yes" in German but I can't recall how to say that. The only word I can remember is nein.

So I guess my answer is "not nein"

ja

TheSL
10-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Whoo, ich mag das Video.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
IT'S IN MY HANDS!!!!!!!

...too bad I can't play it yet because my PSP is modded like a dirty boy and I haven't gotten the firmware workaround yet.

Packaging is great. The insert is double sided with a picture of Maria. The back says something I caught as funny.

"COUNT DRACULA HAS RETURNED AND CAPTURED THE YOUNG WOMAN CLOSE TO THE FAMOUS VAMPIRE HUNTER, RICHTER BELMONT. WILL RICHTER BE ABLE TO DEFEAT DRACULA AND RESCUE HIS GIRLFRIEND IN THIS NEW 3D ADVENTURE FOR PSP?"

Is Richter...bad enough?

I got the bonus figure too. Looks like it was sculpted by a 5th grader. Still, glad to have it.

TheSL
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
...too bad I can't play it yet because my PSP is modded like a dirty boy and I haven't gotten the firmware workaround yet.

So it doesn't work with the modded firmware like FFT did?* Sadness.

*FFT had an upgrade for the firmware on the disc, but for some reason it would run on my lower release number custom firmware.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 01:41 PM
So it doesn't work with the modded firmware like FFT did?* Sadness.[/SIZE]

Nope. :(

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 01:42 PM
What firmware are you using? I have OE 3.40 and as long as it works on normal 3.40 it will work on mine.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
What firmware are you using? I have OE 3.40 and as long as it works on normal 3.40 it will work on mine.

I'm 1.5. I'm struggling using Devhook to try and workaround. The update on the UMD is 3.52. If I have problems or can't run it...I'm just gonna have to buy a PSP slim. *shakes fist at Sony*

TheSL
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM

Sony is up to 3.71 in the official releases, though. I'm hoping it will work since I'm running the OE 3.40, but I guess I'll find out in an hour or so.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm 1.5. I'm struggling using Devhook to try and workaround. The update on the UMD is 3.52. If I have problems or can't run it...I'm just gonna have to buy a PSP slim. *shakes fist at Sony*

Shit, if the update is 3.52 that is likely the firmware requirement. I am not upgrading my PSP just for one game no matter how good it is.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Shit, if the update is 3.52 that is likely the firmware requirement. I am not upgrading my PSP just for one game no matter how good it is.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SAY IT AIN'T SO

Well, looks like I'll be going out this evening for pleasure. The night is still young.

Lakupo
10-24-2007, 02:23 PM

Why not upgrade to one of the more recent cracked firmwares? It was revealed that M33 was Dark_Alex all along! Of course, I'm lazy and still on 3.03 OE. :P

reibeatall
10-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, I'm playing it, and I know this game is going to kick my ass hard. But I'm going to love it.

Excitemike
10-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm supposed to be outrunning a giant beast and my guy is just strolling along. Run, sucka!

sraymonds
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Why not upgrade to one of the more recent cracked firmwares? It was revealed that M33 was Dark_Alex all along! Of course, I'm lazy and still on 3.03 OE. :P

Does it still require Pandora's Battery to upgrade? Because if it does, screw it.

poetfox
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Does it still require Pandora's Battery to upgrade? Because if it does, screw it.
Only if it wasn't already hacked... the battery basically, from what I understand, changes any PSP back to 1.5...?
I upgraded my hacked firmware recently myself to 3.52 from that guy who was really Dark_Alex or whatever... I was like in an early OE... and the upgraded custom firmware installed without any fuss... like... I just put the installer on there and ran it. It was kinda nice, compared to all the crazy stuff I had to do to get it hacked in the first place.

I've only played for about five minutes so far, but after jumping into small puddles of water and dying, making me laugh at my stupid ass, I know I'm not going to do well. I don't think the Symphony-style Castlevanias have prepared me for this at all. Heh.

TheSL
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm still running 3.40 OE and its running fine, so all that worrying for nothing.

Excitemike
10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
This thread is either a barometer for how much this board cherishes Castlevania, or testament to the PSP's lackluster software line-up.

reibeatall
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
This thread is either a barometer for how much this board cherishes Castlevania, or testament to the PSP's lackluster software line-up.

There's something to say about the fact that the only games I'm playing on my PSP are games that are around a decade old.

Parish
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, I went through a period around TGS time where I was only playing PSP games. I was going to be impressed with its turnaround until I realized they were all ports.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm still running 3.40 OE and its running fine, so all that worrying for nothing.

Woohoo! Thanks for the confirmation and I am out the door.

Maggie
10-24-2007, 03:45 PM
So, hey, this is awesome! I bought the game and put it in just now and it turns out that -- Neat! -- my PSP broke over night. Whereas last night, it was playing games fine, now when I put a game in, it doesn't load! This must be a sweet design feature I wasn't aware of till now, but I'm thrilled that it happened! Perfect timing, too!

Parish
10-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, planned obsolescence is a Sony specialty.

Excitemike
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Has Castlevania III ever been re-released? I think it's the only pre-Symphony Castlevania I've never played.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Okay guys, I'm staring at my PSP and the little angel and devil are taunting me. Do I keep the game music emulation that I so desperately wanted on my PSP? Or do I give into Satan's will and play Drac X right now? I WANT TO DO BACKFLIPS INTO THE STAGE END ORB

Excitemike
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Okay guys, I'm staring at my PSP and the little angel and devil are taunting me. Do I keep the game music emulation that I so desperately wanted on my PSP? Or do I give into Satan's will and play Drac X right now? I WANT TO DO BACKFLIPS INTO THE STAGE END ORB

What's the alternative? Never playing it ever?

Maggie
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, planned obsolescence is a Sony specialty.

Ah well, after taking some deep breaths (and sobbing), I've decided it's not the end of the world and I'll just need to find someone whose PSP I can borrow.

As God as my witness, I will be a part of this Fun Club discussion! ...Again! ...?

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
What's the alternative? Never playing it ever?

Buying a new slim. Which I really don't want to do at the moment. But it's Castlevania...it's Richter! It's MAGNIFICENT (http://autocosmica.com/wp-content/richmagnificent.mp3)!

EDIT: I found some rips of the soundtrack. I am very pleased...for the moment.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM

Why not both like me and SL? I am running OE 3.40 which allows all homebrew and I am still playing it just fine.

On the subject of Rondo, I kinda miss Maria's old character design and using her still makes the game a bit too easy. The new music is hit or miss for me as well. Some of the songs I enjoy better than the original and some, I prefer the original. That isn't to say the songs are bad, I just like the older ones better in some situations.

Overall though, this game is awesome and a well done port so far (I have only cleared up to Stage 2 Main/Alt and rescued Tera)

Excitemike
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM

From GameFAQs:

Unlock Symphony of the Night
In Stage 2, while the minotaur is chasing Richter, immediately fall into the first hole in the ground. You will not die, but instead be taken into the sewers. Play the level out normally and defeat the boss. Afterwards, you will be taken to Stage 3' (this is different from the normal Stage 3!).

In Stage 3', whenever the path branches, taken the upper route. Make sure you obtain the "axe" subweapon sometime during the stage. Eventually, you will meet a skeletal snake that is attached to a wall. Nearby is a vine-like cage; use the axe to cut it. It now serves as a platform for Richter to jump to the upper ledges. Continue along the upper ledges until you see a breakable tombstone. Inside is the item that unlocks Symphony of the Night. Return to the main menu to play it.

I love not having to wait for the next Nintendo Power to come out.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 05:47 PM
For everyone all worried cause of Jeremy's review--all the "emulation problems" aren't present in the remake. Just the emulated original.

The remake is fantastic. Originally I was planning to just unlock hte original ASAP, but I'm having a lot of fun with its polygonal makeover. The music especially is fantastic.

I found the original Rondo in Stage 3' (the alt stage) on the upper level after beating the White Dragon

Edit - ok according to the above it was unlockable SotN heh. I haven't stopped the game to check.

Parish
10-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Uh, I thought the idea that the emulation issues only affect the emulated games and not the newly-developed one was implicit?

poetfox
10-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Man, I got this thing on a whim and I really wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I am... I finally got to stage four... granted, I'm sure I beat the easiest bosses and such, and I never wouldn't have gotten there if I couldn't have restarted at any level with full lives. (can you do that in the original?) Also, the fact that I've only stumbled upon one alternate route which killed me makes me like... excited about the additional levelage.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Did you save Maria? She is a second character that plays completely different than Richter and well worth using through on a second (or even first) play through.

poetfox
10-24-2007, 07:05 PM
No, and I meant to ask about that... because I just have this weird sense I'd suck a little less as Maria... but yeah, I must have missed however you do that... hm.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Spoiler on how to get Maria:

In stage 2 when the Behemoth is chasing you, one of the candles (I want to say the third) is holding a key. Grab the key (which replaces your item) and keep going till you get past the Behemoth.

In that next section, go down the stairs and make it all the way to the locked door without dying (or you lose the key). Use the key on the door to unlock Maria.

She does indeed make things easier due to double jump and a quicker attack.

You should also save Tera in stage 3' to get the necklace that allows you to break the red skull walls. To save her, go under the first door and break the wall. Go down the wooden stairs and she is there.

poetfox
10-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I whipped that door for a long time and gave up on it. Awesome. I shall get on that, thanks.

I'm going to miss so much shit, I should really just get me a walkthrough right now. It's a great game, but I suck at it so badly.

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I would go through it once without a walkthrough as you are going to have to repeat stages anyway to unlock everything.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 07:19 PM
YAY IT WORKS!!

JAKANDEN WINS THE HYDRO STORM AWARD OF EXCELLENCE!!

Off to play...

Jakanden
10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
Glad it worked for you. 3.40 OE is an amazing firmware to be sure.

On that note, bed time.

cartman414
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
The remade RoB is fantastic indeed, though it feels slightly different from the original in the way it handles. No big thing though. It feels like I'm playing a new game, in a way.

poetfox
10-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Oooooh man, Maria's cat move makes me stubbornly using the Student Witch soul for most of the game in Aria and Dawn of Sorrow feel completely justified. Throwing cats is so much better than throwing birds.

Eirikr
10-24-2007, 08:49 PM
I just beat it!

I took the alternate path. I also got the alternate boss in Stage 6. Man, was it hard.

Must play more...

Maggie
10-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Just got to the hydra boss. "Hum, that was easy... Oh. Oh, no."

I'm just glad to be playing after today's earlier problems.

Jakanden
10-25-2007, 02:47 AM
I am hoping to finally get 100% this time. The most I ever got on the original was 97% and I could never find out what I was missing.

sraymonds
10-25-2007, 05:12 AM
You know that girl in high school that tried real hard to be bitchy so you would hate her and not discover how beautiful she was?

THIS GAME IS THAT GIRL

Jakanden
10-25-2007, 06:09 AM
I am glad people are finally getting to play the awesomeness that is Rondo of Blood.

By the way, like usual, Death is still a bitch to kill.

TheSL
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM

On the original, I could only ever kill him with Maria. On this one I breezed through it with Richter + Holy Water item crash.

Jakanden
10-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Ditto on the original and Maria. I am not going to do that this time though and I WILL beat that bastard with Richter.

I didn't try Holy Water item crash though, I will give that a shot at lunch.

reibeatall
10-25-2007, 07:23 AM
I just unlocked Maria, also, Stage 3' kicks my ass. I hate it.

sraymonds
10-25-2007, 07:39 AM
I just unlocked Maria, also, Stage 3' kicks my ass. I hate it.

Did you get a lot of chances to play it during Bomberman last night?

reibeatall
10-25-2007, 07:56 AM
A minute here and there between getting blown up.

Thanks for asking.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 09:46 AM

The key is to be really patient on his first form. Destroying his scythes is a priority. Also, keep moving, because they target where you are. I beat him on my 3rd try. His second form seems a lot more forgiving than it was in the original.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I found all the girls and beat Dracula's new form. It wasn't really that hard, but just make sure you get through the first two forms unscathed.

I'm currently at 75% completion. I'm guessing the rest is from the music collection?

I am loving the soundtrack to this game. The track Red Dawn that plays in 5' is immaculately good.

Parish
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Death's second form is actually really easy if you're patient and don't get too aggressive. His attacks are very limited and predictable and if you don't get up in his face he won't break from his pattern. (Also, don't try to use Richter's subweapons because he will make you regret it.)

Maggie
10-25-2007, 05:40 PM
I still need one more maiden and I haven't a clue where she could be. Level 5is one of my favorites so far. It's cool looking and has a great boss that seems hard at first.

Tomm Guycot
10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I still need one more maiden and I haven't a clue where she could be. Level 5is one of my favorites so far. It's cool looking and has a great boss that seems hard at first.

Which maidens do you have?

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, if he only needs one more, then it has to be Annette. She's in stage 7, just like in der guten Alten Zeit. But, with a nice M. Night Shyamalan tweest.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh, yeah, that's the one, I think. Hum, stage 7. I'll go check.

Ben1842
10-25-2007, 06:52 PM
This game is a bit harder than I expected. I'm still having a great time with it but I did have to put the PSP down last night because I was getting frustrated. I'll get back to it when I've calmed down :)

So far I'm only to the 4th level and it seems to be very similar to the original. Well close to my fuzzy memory of the original.

shivam
10-25-2007, 06:56 PM
yeah, this isn't going to pry fft out of my PSP anytime soon, sadly. my skills just aren't what they once were.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmm, well level 7 has me stumped. There are a couple of places I haven't explored, but only because I don't know how.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Hmm, well level 7 has me stumped. There are a couple of places I haven't explored, but only because I don't know how.

Here's a clue. That key you find at the top of the first gear section can be used in more than one place.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Hmm, I'm sure I'll find it eventually, but even knowing I need to hang onto the key, I haven't found a place to use it.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Hmm, I'm sure I'll find it eventually, but even knowing I need to hang onto the key, I haven't found a place to use it.

Not a single place? You've played Symphony of the Night, right? Have you noticed how this clock tower is mostly identical to the one in Symphony? In that case, there was a secret door that had to be opened with gears in Symphony, and the first of the doors here in DXC is in exactly the same place.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
It's bad, because I replayed it earlier this year and I still don't recall where these secret areas were. But I'm hoping I'll bump into it.

It's not behind that crystal is it? I figured I needed to meet the next maiden to get rid of those.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
It's not behind that crystal is it? I figured I needed to meet the next maiden to get rid of those.

Errr...are you sure you only need one more maiden? 'Cause what's behind that pillar is pretty crucial. How many have you rescued?

Maggie
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
oh maybe there's more than three. I just assumed there were. But I have Maria and Tera so far.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 08:37 PM
oh maybe there's more than three. I just assumed there were. But I have Maria and Tera so far.

There's four! Looks like you need to be hunting for Iris. I'd look in an area with frogs if I were you.

PHATTOM
10-25-2007, 09:16 PM
yeah, this isn't going to pry fft out of my PSP anytime soon, sadly. my skills just aren't what they once were.

NEWB!!! Go back to your baby todler game, ya big baby, hehe, oryoucangiveittomebecauseidonthaveityet.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Woo, done! If you don't already know, the trick to beating Dracula's third form is: whenever he throws bats at you, ATTACK THEM!

Excitemike
10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Has anyone tried playing Rondo or Symphony on a TV through the PSP slim? The PSP screen is harsh on pixles, but the emulation seems okay otherwise.

PHATTOM
10-25-2007, 10:10 PM
This game is a bit harder than I expected. I'm still having a great time with it but I did have to put the PSP down last night because I was getting frustrated. I'll get back to it when I've calmed down :)

Go play the original Castlevania without any save states. Like getting your balls stepped on by high heels and realizing you like it.

PHATTOM
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Does anybody know how to do the super move with the cross?

Maggie
10-25-2007, 10:31 PM
You're probably talking about some cool move I don't know about (I'm still a Rondo noob), but if it's Grand Cross you mean, you need enough hearts (you'll know you have them when the number flashes green) and press triangle.

PHATTOM
10-25-2007, 10:36 PM
You're probably talking about some cool move I don't know about (I'm still a Rondo noob), but if it's Grand Cross you mean, you need enough hearts (you'll know you have them when the number flashes green) and press triangle.

That's it! Thanks

reibeatall
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm using Maria for the first time.

BIRDS?!?!

Maggie
10-25-2007, 10:39 PM
The only bad thing about all of this is that my square button is now starting to stick.

But, uh... it sometimes doesn't load games, so it's probably about time to get it replaced anyway, huh?

Do you get anything special for finishing the boss rush mode?

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you get anything special for finishing the boss rush mode?

I got another music item.

Maggie
10-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Guess I'm not missing out on too much, then.

And I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but I LOVE how the torches in the menus cast shadows on the background.

Eirikr
10-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Guess I'm not missing out on too much, then.

And I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but I LOVE how the torches in the menus cast shadows on the background.

Even better, the music that plays in the initial BGM change screen is a remix of LOAD BGM from Akumajou Dracula X68000, a tune that I love.

Kishi
10-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Sorry I'm late, guys. Here are my responses to the discourse thus far.

Has Castlevania III ever been re-released? I think it's the only pre-Symphony Castlevania I've never played.

If you're desperate to play it legitimately, the NES Castlevanias and Contras were released in a PC collection some years back. They tell me it's since made it onto GameTap.

I finally got to stage four... granted, I'm sure I beat the easiest bosses and such, and I never wouldn't have gotten there if I couldn't have restarted at any level with full lives. (can you do that in the original?)

Yeah, you could. Rondo is great like that.

Also, Stage 4 has one of the hardest bosses in the game. Hope you enjoyed that.

I took the alternate path. I also got the alternate boss in Stage 6. Man, was it hard.

You mean Stage 7. Stage 6 always ends with a Shafting.

I am glad people are finally getting to play the awesomeness that is Rondo of Blood.

I wouldn't necessarily call him easy, but the fight is much simpler than it was in the original game. In the remake, you only have to deal with about a third of the amount of scythes, and they move about half as fast.

I WILL beat that bastard with Richter.

The Stage Select menu now lists your best time on each stage with each character. If a character hasn't beaten a stage, then it just shows a time of --:--:-- for him or her, subtly challenging you to take on the entire game with both.

I've got to say, rocking Stage 5' with pokey ol' Richter was ultimately a pretty satisfying challenge.

Even better, the music that plays in the initial BGM change screen is a remix of LOAD BGM from Akumajou Dracula X68000, a tune that I love.

And Stage 7's music has been changed from "Den" to "Moon Fight," also of X68000. But while the latter is also a great tune, holy crap is Den that much better. Sure, you can eventually use Sound Assign to plug it in there yourself, but a modern arrangement of one of Rondo's best and most recognizable songs was clearly in order, here.

Eirikr
10-26-2007, 12:44 AM
You mean Stage 7. Stage 6 always ends with a Shafting.

Ah, yes. And what a Shafting it is. Interestingly enough, I fought the alternate 7 boss in an alternate path on Stage 5'. Amazing how easy its pattern is now after kicking my ass.

And Stage 7's music has been changed from "Den" to "Moon Fight," also of X68000. But while the latter is also a great tune, holy crap is Den that much better. Sure, you can eventually use Sound Assign to plug it in there yourself, but a modern arrangement of one of Rondo's best and most recognizable songs was clearly in order, here.

All they needed to do was but the Dracula Battle II version of Den on there! How hard could that have been?

Jakanden
10-26-2007, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't necessarily call him easy, but the fight is much simpler than it was in the original game. In the remake, you only have to deal with about a third of the amount of scythes, and they move about half as fast.

You are like the third person to say this. I guess I just suck because he is still kicking my ass. While I agree he is easier, he is still a pain in the ass for me. Someone earlier (I think SL) said to use Holy Water item crush which I haven't tried yet as I haven't gone back to him since that post.

The Stage Select menu now lists your best time on each stage with each character. If a character hasn't beaten a stage, then it just shows a time of --:--:-- for him or her, subtly challenging you to take on the entire game with both.

Yes and this is one reason why I haven't beaten Death yet. I am going through every stage and alt stage twice (once with each character) as I hate seeing blank times.

reibeatall
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
So I've killed death twice, but both times, I've been killed the process. The last time, I had 3/4 of my health left, but the bastard's scythe knocked me off the boat.

Excitemike
10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
How do you get past the red walls that spring back up? I crave the delicous bonus content on the other side.

poetfox
10-26-2007, 08:06 AM
How do you get past the red walls that spring back up? I crave the delicous bonus content on the other side.
There was talk of saving someone and them giving you a necklace that lets you kill red skeletons? Since those are made of red bones, it would seem like that would be the way. Just a guess, though, I haven't figured it out yet either... but you don't need it to unlock both other games, so yay.

Jakanden
10-26-2007, 08:12 AM
There was talk of saving someone and them giving you a necklace that lets you kill red skeletons? Since those are made of red bones, it would seem like that would be the way. Just a guess, though, I haven't figured it out yet either... but you don't need it to unlock both other games, so yay.

Yeah I mentioned it earlier. Spoilers:

You have to rescue Tera for the red walls. She is resuced in Stage 3' by breaking the wall under the first door.

You also need to resuce Iris for the white ones and she is resuced in Stage 4' by leading the green frog to the statues at the end and having it jump on the missing podium.

Since these items were something introduced in this port (Originally you just rescued them) I am betting that resucing Annette in stage 7 opens something as well but I haven't gotten there yet to find out what.

Edited to hide spoilers.

Parish
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Aw, come on, dudes. Hide spoilers, especially for the pittance of actual new things in this game.

Jakanden
10-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Sorry about that - I hid them.

Reluctant Hero
10-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Random thoughts...

I'm really enjoying the remake, the music is outstanding. I love knowing that when I die, it's my fault and not the games fault. I also love all the different routes through the stages, I can tell that some routes are geared toward Richter and others toward Maria. This increases the replay value tremendously.

I'm currently on stage 4, hoping to unlock the original Rondo. I've never played the original and it'll be nice to compare and contrast bother versions for myself.

If we're to ever get another Castlevania remake, I'd like Castlevania III with Super Castlevania IV's improvements (eight way whipping, mode 7 and all). But I think a remade Castlevania II in modern metroidvania style would be sweet too.

Jakanden
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Please bury the abomination that is Castlevania II and never bring it up again.

shivam
10-26-2007, 12:19 PM
i love love love CV2. I would kill for someone to update it and add more exploration and cohesive elements. The idea of spanning the entire countryside is just awesome. ahead of its time by far.

djSyndrome
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
i love love love CV2. I would kill for someone to update it and add more exploration and cohesive elements. The idea of spanning the entire countryside is just awesome. ahead of its time by far.

No more ahead of its time than Metroid or Zelda II, both infinitely better games.

Kishi
10-26-2007, 01:38 PM
I also love all the different routes through the stages, I can tell that some routes are geared toward Richter and others toward Maria. This increases the replay value tremendously.

It's more like some areas are so unfriendly for Richter that they make you want to use Maria instead. The girl is basically Easy Mode.

Falselogic
10-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I picked the game up yesterday and I'm getting my ass handed to me in a hat. Though somehow I managed to unlock the original game somehow. I don't know what I did, it just appeared on the menu... I've been tempted to read the spoilers here but I kinda want to figure it out myself.

Oh, and I'm not very good at the game. I just got to level 4... I've had to continue about a dozen times...

I am having fun though... Been awhile since I enjoyed losing so much

Maggie
10-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I kind of like the way Richter swaggers around the levels. Makes you feel cool. "Oh, don't worry, evil skeleton. I'll get to you."

reibeatall
10-26-2007, 03:15 PM
So I beat Dracula earlier today. Did the levels get easier as the game progressed? It sure seemed that way to me.

Kishi
10-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe you just got better.

reibeatall
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
That could be it. But, it seemed that the enemies that they kept throwing at me were weaker.

Maggie
10-26-2007, 03:52 PM
So has anyone figured out how to get past those timed gates in the clocktower? I even got the stopwatch and it still didn't help.

EDIT: Waaaaait a minute... Just saw something in the background.

Kishi
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Spoirars.

You need to use the Pocket Watch's Item Crash. The background object is a clue to this, bearing a ring of hexagrams identical to the one that appears during said Crash.

There are two instances in the game where this trick arises, but the one in Stage 7 is the trickier of the pair, as you can't acquire a Pocket Watch in that stage until you've already rescued Annette.

cartman414
10-26-2007, 06:25 PM
No more ahead of its time than Metroid or Zelda II, both infinitely better games.

True, at least for Zelda II IMO.

I'll be reviewing Simon's Quest for the Gamespite wiki by the by.

Makkara
10-26-2007, 07:02 PM

Metroid was just one big dungeon, kind of like the modern Metroidvanias. Zelda II did span a lagre area, but it had an overworld, like RPGs of the time. What sets Castlevania II apart is that it's a continuous side-scrolling world that spans multiple towns, dungeons and other areas. If would be brilliant, if only it was, you know... good.

le geek
10-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I still like Simon's Quest, but I am a sucker for the illusion of a world to explore. In fact it may be my favorite of the NES Castlevanias, even though that might be nostalgia and the availability of FAQs for the obtuse parts talking...

Now that I've made my opinion null and void for all the freshmakers...

Gave the original Rondo another go. Finally got Maria and have made it to both the sword boss in stage four and pretty far down the alt path in stage four before dying. I've only played one alt stage (stage two). I'm pretty sure this is my favorite traditional Castlevania, with Dawn of Sorrow getting the nod overall and SotN coming in a close third.

While I respect the original Castlevania, I don't have the patience for it. Rondo' difficulty seems to be spot on and it really encourages playing "just one more time" to get past that section or boss.

Cheers,
Ben

Kishi
10-28-2007, 10:07 AM
The subtitles in the original Rondo are probably the laziest copy I've seen since Phoenix Wright II. Some examples:

"What is it exaxtly that makes me a savage?"

"I hope you'll in a better mood later."

"Once again, the blood of belmont has defeated me... Perhaps this two is part of my fate."

"I don't understant what you mean! No matter how complicateed you make it, a bat thing is still bad thing!"

Seriously.

Maggie
10-28-2007, 06:57 PM
So I'm at 83% and I have no idea where the rest of that is to be found. I've found all the hidden areas and music, as far as I know, and beating levels as Maria doesn't seem to count. Does the boss rush mode count? Jeez.

Kishi
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Unlockables count for 1% each. Boss Rush Normal, Boss Rush Dash, and Boss Rush Full all have three to offer. Unlike games like Aria, which had time limits for the prizes, you simply need to complete each rush three times in order to get these.

That'll bring you up to 92%. Check the Sound Assign list to see what tracks you may be missing, and bear in mind that each track's number corresponds with where it's found in the game. For example, the first twelve tracks are given to you just for completing levels, and the unlockable ones start with No. 13, which is found in Stage 1. The last track in Stage 8 is No. 48, and the rest are either Boss Rush prizes or found in the stages in between.

If you're truly lost, you can go here (http://www.persona-world.net/cve/dxcunlockables.html) to find the location of everything you need.

Maggie
10-28-2007, 07:47 PM
Thank God about boss rush. It's too hard (for me) to do quickly. I got to the end on complete once only to lose to Dracula's final form. Argh.

VsRobot
10-28-2007, 07:50 PM
3' is really hard, guys. I keep playing it for a bit, and then I'm like "Well, I guess I'll play Ratchet and Clank some more".

It took me forever to get through SCIV, though, so I know I can do it, it's just I don't have the patience to replay levels over and over the way I did when I was a lad.

le geek
10-28-2007, 08:50 PM
The Ghost Ship level is pretty awesome in the original Rondo and Death is kicking my ass...

Maggie
10-28-2007, 11:03 PM
You know, almost the whole time I've been playing this, I've kept thinking of this (http://www.solidsharkey.com/18.html).

I hope I'm not the only one.

Eirikr
10-29-2007, 12:53 AM
I hope I'm not the only one.

You weren't.

Kishi
10-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Or the caption for the second and third images here (http://www.solidsharkey.com/simonsquest.html).

Zef
10-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Since the Castlevania Dungeon wasn't providing its own version, I scanned at high-res, healed the creases, and uploaded a PSP-resolution background cropped from the interior art featuring Maria and her birds (http://www.the-weaving.com/images/temp/Maria_DX.jpg).

(Hm. Dreamhost seems to be having a spot of trouble. Give it a chance to load.)

SEanEF
10-29-2007, 10:58 AM
Blarg. Feels like a sad thing that this is the second game for my PSP I own after Lumines. Oh well, I'll get Portable Ops later now that it's a Greatest Hits. Oh and my PSP seems to be acquiring more dead pixels as it gets older. Go go launch hardware.

Ever since I rescued Maria I've been playing through the game as her. After using her the first time the game felt a lot more fun since she doesn't control like a living 2x4 with legs and going back to Richter seemed like a painful idea. After reading some of the comments here though, I should probably go and get some more Richter practice in, just to see how the experience changes.

Eirikr
10-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Man, the Full Boss Rush mode is pretty wicked, if only for Dracula's third form. And I have to play through this two more times to get 100%? Yeesh.

Zef
10-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Wow. From experience with other games in the series, I used to consider Axe Knights little else than lumbering clods, and as threatening as warm mud. Now my hate for them burns with the intensity of a thousand suns. The ones posted in the narrow alleyways in Level 4 are proving to be my bane.

sfried
10-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow. From experience with other games in the series, I used to consider Axe Knights little else than lumbering clods, and as threatening as warm mud. Now my hate for them burns with the intensity of a thousand suns. The ones posted in the narrow alleyways in Level 4 are proving to be my bane.
I hate the red Axe Knights. Those things are pure evil.

Although I gotta love the Minotaur's desperation move.

Kishi
10-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I love backflipping over Red Axe Armors, and of course they're no trouble at all for Maria. The ones you have to watch out for are the Great Armors.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/rondoss0293.png

Suckers don't mess around.

sfried
10-30-2007, 12:30 AM
How do I backflip again? Was it down and jump?

Ben1842
10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
How do I backflip again? Was it down and jump?

In the new one it's Jump Twice.

sfried
10-30-2007, 01:50 AM

I know jump twice does a backflip...or maybe that was the double jump?

Maria is definately more agile.

le geek
10-30-2007, 03:57 AM
Alrighty, decided to stick with Maria for Easy mode and have been exploring more of the alt paths. Now have 2' 3' and 4' unlocked and have three girls rescued. The mummy is a stupid jerk face though...

Parish
10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Old one, too, but the timing is very specific -- it has to be twice in rapid succession. Easiest way to pull it off is to use the Button II's "turbo" feature. I can't remember if this was carried over into the PSP version, though.

dosboot
10-30-2007, 11:32 AM
I never get tired doing back flips to try and catch the orb and clear the stage upside down. It's like climbing the stairs backwards in CVIV at every opportunity just for fun.

You have to press jump a second time before you reach the apex of your first jump, and the first jump has to be made while standing, not moving. Varying the time of the 2nd jump changes the height at which you do the back flip. So with the right timing you can squeeze a few more pixels of height out of the back flip; a useful fact for trying to reach high ledges. Before the Shaft ghost boss there is a ledge where you have to use a back flip to reach. There is also at least one place in the normal stages where you can back flip to a ledge from underneath as a small shortcut.

Eirikr
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
I never get tired doing back flips to try and catch the orb and clear the stage upside down. It's like climbing the stairs backwards in CVIV at every opportunity just for fun.

*high five*

It's also fun to backflip onto a staircase. It looks very awkward if you get it from the right angle.

Zen
10-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Obviously I'm missing something that makes fighting those spear guys fun. The first room where they appear took two continues and every swear word I know.

Eirikr
10-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Obviously I'm missing something that makes fighting those spear guys fun. The first room where they appear took two continues and every swear word I know.

Patience. Or Maria.

Zen
10-30-2007, 05:53 PM
The game would have been thrown out in disgust if the bosses weren't, in an old-school Castlevania first, actually forgiving!

Lakupo
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
5' still kicks my ass (in the remake or the original), and I still can't beat Shaft's boss rush without spamming Dark Maria at some point. (curse you, Akmodan II! It's kind of miserable to die from a storm of bandages)

Kishi
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
More fun with Richter:

After swinging the whip, double-tap in the direction Rich is facing. The whip will flash white and extend a bit. It's only a split-second effect, but it can be useful if you just need a little more reach.

After swinging the whip, keep holding the attack button. Now, if you go to walk in the direction opposite from where Rich is facing, he'll moonwalk instead. I don't think this one has any use aside from sheer novelty, but hey, impress your friends.

Maggie
10-30-2007, 08:15 PM
5' still kicks my ass (in the remake or the original), and I still can't beat Shaft's boss rush without spamming Dark Maria at some point. (curse you, Akmodan II! It's kind of miserable to die from a storm of bandages)

If you're able to use Dark Maria with the PSP's lousy d-pad, you deserve to use it as often as you please.

Lakupo
10-30-2007, 09:39 PM
If you're able to use Dark Maria with the PSP's lousy d-pad, you deserve to use it as often as you please.

Yeah, but pulling it off at all feels like cheating, let alone a third or half of the time.

VsRobot
10-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I couldn't clear 3' (with Richter) so I restarted and I'm having fun again. This game is hard!

Tomm Guycot
10-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Rondo really didn't seem that difficult to me guys

...and I played it all as Richter...

Eirikr
10-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Rondo really didn't seem that difficult to me guys

...and I played it all as Richter...

Well, your masculinity and testosterone levels from 1CC'ing Contra 4 five times a day have made anything less seem like Progress Quest.

Tomm Guycot
10-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, your masculinity and testosterone levels from 1CC'ing Contra 4 five times a day have made anything less seem like Progress Quest.

Oh, I can't 1CC Contra 4.

Eirikr
10-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Oh, I can't 1CC Contra 4.

My jewels just receded into my body from imagining how manly the difficulty must be. I was able to 1CC Shattered Soldier in about 3 days by comparison.

Tomm Guycot
10-30-2007, 10:59 PM
My jewels just receded into my body from imagining how manly the difficulty must be. I was able to 1CC Shattered Soldier in about 3 days by comparison.

Not to send you mixed messages, but there's not a level of SS that I can beat.

Eirikr
10-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Not to send you mixed messages, but there's not a level of SS that I can beat.

At least you don't complain about the difficulty, unlike everywhere I turn (http://kotaku.com/gaming/castlevania/unlocking-symphony-in-dracula-x-317171.php) regarding Rondo. Man, Rondo sucks because it's hard, right?

reibeatall
11-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Actually, I'm liking Rondo MORE than SotN. I'm sure this is some sort of blasphemy, but I also think I like DoS more than SotN. I only wish I knew where to unlock the original Rondo. I'm sure it's somewhere in this topic, but I don't want to look back. I feel it's one of those things I should to on my own. The only part I got help on was unlocking Symphony.

TheSL
11-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Forgot to post it yesterday, but I beat the new end form of Dracula finally Tuesday night. All I've got left to do now is play through boss rush mode and then I can move on to SotN.

Meg
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Hooray, I just beat the new Rondo with Richter. I haven't found any maidens besides Maria, so I guess I got the short ending. Now I'm going to go through as Maria and find as many secrets as possible, alternate routes, the other games, and hopefully a different ending. The only thing that bugged me at first was that I wished Richter could run, but I got used to his pace after a while.

I can't help but go up stairs backwards in CV4, so I definitely have to try the Richter moonwalk now.

Shadax
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
The only thing that bugged me at first was that I wished Richter could run, but I got used to his pace after a while.

I was nuts annoyed by that too, then I realized how much more dying I would accomplish if that were the case.

VsRobot
11-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I spent about 45 minutes last night trying to unlock SOTN and, uh, it's really hard. So I grinded (ground?) some levels in Tactics before bed.

TheSL
11-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I spent about 45 minutes last night trying to unlock SOTN and, uh, it's really hard. So I grinded (ground?) some levels in Tactics before bed.

If you've got Maria its not so bad.

Jakanden
11-02-2007, 08:52 AM
I finally got a chance to sit down with this again last night (been a busy week) and I just beat Stage 6. I am hoping to get some more time today with it and finish off the game.

The Giant Head
11-02-2007, 07:31 PM
I was trying to be all manly by using only Richter, but after repeated ass-beatings, I can't believe how much easier it is with Maria. I think I'll be using her for a while.

VsRobot
11-02-2007, 08:04 PM
If you've got Maria its not so bad.

I can't get Maria either. She's in the room behind the boney-boss that's in the sewers in 2, right? I can't get past that #$@!##$$. I'm almost ready to download someone else's save with her unlocked.

What really kills me is I bought my PSP for this game in particular, but right now, it's way too hard for me. I've never even gotten past 8-3 in Super Mario Bros, and I only made it to Stage 10 (Clock Tower) in Super Castlevania IV before I got hopelessly stuck.

I need pro-tips, stat.

Kishi
11-02-2007, 08:08 PM
I can't get Maria either. She's in the room behind the boney-boss that's in the sewers in 2, right? I can't get past that #$@!##$$. I'm almost ready to download someone else's save with her unlocked.

No, to get to Maria's room, you have to grab the key from a candle while running from the Behemoth, then drop into one of the pits in that hall. This will take you to a different region of the sewers than the one that leads to the Bone Golem. You still need to contend with swarming Mermen and Peeping Eyes, but you can probably just ignore them and make a break for the end of the corridor. Then just use the key on the locked door there.

The Giant Head
11-02-2007, 08:14 PM
*Spoilers for everyone else*

Actually, dropping down the pit takes you to 3'. Grab the key, then run to the next room and go down the stairs.

Kishi
11-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh, yes, I got the two sewers mixed up. And I've played this game and rescued Maria a hundred times, too! Shame.

sfried
11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know where to find Anette in the original Rondo? I managed to find Tera, but I don't know where Iris and Anette are.

Kishi
11-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Iris: In Stage 4', strike the two frog statues at either end of the second section. This lets down one of the log platforms, allowing you access to a hidden section full of Merman, at the end of which is Iris.

Annette: In Stage 7, you'll find a sealed door with a gear above it in the first indoor area of the clock tower. Strike the gear repeatedly until the door opens, leading back outside. Here, kill the eagle and take the key it was holding. Then just head back inside, progress through the stage normally until you come to a locked door, and use the key.

sraymonds
11-03-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm surprised that I actually beat Rondo, considering all the cursing I did towards it. Granted, I only beat it with 32%, but I'll take any victory I can.

Richter needs to learn the word "run" because I could have avoided so many things if he did.

Lakupo
11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I finally decided to toughen up and take on Shaft's Old School Boss Retrospective with Richter... first in Rondo, since Richter's less agile than in DXC. After about 20 tries, I survived the four bosses, then died against Shaft! Yay! But they were nice enough to skip over the whole bunch and go right to Shaft on my next life and kill him. That counts, right?! That counts!

Of course, when I tried my proven strategy in DXC, it was almost overkill, and I did it all in one go. Sheesh.

Kishi
11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Richter needs to learn the word "run" because I could have avoided so many things if he did.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/akdratitle/10robtitle.png

What, didn't you push it?

Tomm Guycot
11-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I spent much of today playing OG Rondo and... I'm finding it a lot easier than DXC version. Richter seems a lot more agile to me.

Am I crazy?

Daremo
11-03-2007, 07:13 PM
This game is really really really good. It is probably because I am old, but I really enjoy playing the original version of Rondo more than the remake. Because I never had the original, the emulation issues are not noticeable to me, but a virtual console download would be great, or I may have to import a console and a copy.

I am only on the fourth stage so far, but can anyone tell me if Dracula is as hard as he was in Dracula X on the SNES? Because that totally kicked my ass. I remember playing Symphony and thinking that I liked that version of the battle so much more.

Kishi
11-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Dracula isn't nearly as hard in Rondo as he is in Dracula XX. For one thing, his throne room isn't composed entirely of narrow pillars divided by bottomless pits.

Tomm Guycot
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Because I never had the original, the emulation issues are not noticeable to me.

Beat level 5 or 6 and report back.

Daydreamer
11-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Ugh, I'm stuck. How to I find Dogether/Exit to 4-alt?

Kishi
11-03-2007, 11:49 PM
If you're in Stage 3, you need to reach the end of the level without falling into any of the pits that would send you onto the lower path. Then, just before the door leading to Minotaurus, you'll see a system of pulley lifts. You need to stand on the lift to the left and strike the rock hanging over the one on the right, which will send it crashing down and you flying up. If you're Richter, this will require the use of a sub-weapon, which means you must be careful not to let yours be stolen by the nearby thief. Should you succeed, you'll end up right at Dogether's door.

If you're in Stage 3', you simply need to the progress through the level until your path is impeded by a series of spiked balls bobbing on chains. You can strike their chains to drop them out of your way, but afterwards, instead of just continuing on the obvious path, drop back down the previous section of the level. You'll find that one of the fallen spheres has made a hole in the ground; falling down here will lead you to Dogether, as well.

Daydreamer
11-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Just found it, thanks.

Also: the rafting part of 4-Alt = WOW. This is what modern 2d gaming should be.

Maggie
11-04-2007, 01:26 AM
The rafting part is awesome. And there's so many little details in the background (like the burned out shack that only appears for a split second and yet seems to have tons of detail).

Daydreamer
11-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Just beat it with Maria at 68% - the game got a whole lot easier once I got her, largely because of the double jump and the way her basic attack boomerangs. Still haven't been able to beat the Hydra or Lady Vamp yet, though, which I want to do.

Tomm Guycot
11-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Does Maria's ending differ from Richter's? Is it worth getting?

Maggie
11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
There's a funny little exchange between Drac and Maria, but that's about it.

q 3
11-04-2007, 05:57 PM
They didn't take out the panty shot (http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/td/a/dx_2.htm), did they?? Damn that new outfit!

Kishi
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
There is no panty shot.

Does Maria's ending differ from Richter's? Is it worth getting?

In "OG Rondo," her ending's completely different, with a unique song and everything. In the remake, she just has a unique conversation with Dracula; the ending FMV, staff roll, and song are all identical to Richter's game.

sraymonds
11-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I beat Dracula with Richter and Maria, and it said to really beat the game, I have to find Shaft's ghost and some clues. What?

Where does one find these things?

Kishi
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
It tells you that you need to explore the stages better in order to find the captured maidens. Maria is one of them; you have three to go.

Jakanden
11-05-2007, 10:52 AM
So I beat it today and now I am going back to finish the stages with whoever I am missing beating them with. I also need to finish 5' for the first time as I never went back and unlocked it after beating Death.

I am debating about starting SotN again since Silent Hill is supposed to be out this week. I might wait until I beat that before going through SotN.

Parish
11-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Make way, dudes! A new conversation has appeared. Plz to continue Draculation on the main gaming forum.