PDA

View Full Version : VC 6/18: NES Golf, World Sports, Bloody Wolf

Excitemike
06-18-2007, 06:31 AM
NES Open Tournament Golf™ (NES®, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): We all knew that Mario™ was a top-notch plumber, but did you know that he could also be a world-class golfer? You can challenge another player in Stroke, Match and Tournament modes. Play on three fantasy courses in the USA, the UK and Japan and try to win a million dollars. Make sure you keep an eye on the wind and distance to the hole before selecting your club, or else you'll be racking up some high scores - which is exactly what you don't want to do in this game. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced golfer, NES Open Tournament Golf is perfect for those days when you just can't get to the local golf course.

World Sports Competition (TurboGrafx-16, 1-5 players, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Play through a total of 18 Olympic events in this action/sports title. Players compete in six categories of events that include shooting, archery, rowing, swimming and track and field. The game features Olympics mode, where you play all the events over the course of a few days, and Training mode, where you can choose individual events to play. After practicing in Training mode, go for the gold in Olympics mode and break world records. Depending on your play time and ability, you can enjoy the game a number of different ways. Gather friends and play in competitions with up to five players to get even more out of this great game.

Bloody Wolf (TurboGrafx-16, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Animated Blood, Violence, 600 Wii Points): Enter alone, deep into enemy territory to rescue the kidnapped President in this overhead-view action shooter. Take on the role of a commando in a Special Forces team and face your enemies with an onslaught of weapons, including machine guns and grenades. Earn valuable information, weapons and items by rescuing POWs. Fight your way to the end of each stage and defeat the boss by effectively using your weapons and equipment. This port of the insanely popular arcade game features refined graphics, story and cut-scenes, making this action game a must-have. This new and enhanced version includes the never-been-told second half of the story that was left out of the arcade version.

TG-16 had sports games?

TheSL
06-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Aren't a lot of the holes in Wii golf ripped straight from that NES golf game?

reibeatall
06-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Bloody Wolf sounds like it has the potential to be horribly fun.

j00ey
06-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Aren't a lot of the holes in Wii golf ripped straight from that NES golf game?

not that one, the original "Golf".

JCDenton
06-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Drat. I was really hoping for F-Zero X today.

Deets
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Bloody Wolf is pretty surprisingly good, yeah.

alexb
06-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Bloody Wolf? Isn't that a shooting gallery type game like Lethal Enforcers? That sounds horrid.

j00ey
06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Bloody Wolf? Isn't that a shooting gallery type game like Lethal Enforcers? That sounds horrid.

Enter alone, deep into enemy territory to rescue the kidnapped President in this overhead-view action shooter.

alexb
06-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Wait. I'm thinking Operation Wolf. Never mind.

Excitemike
06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Can VC do lightgun games, or is the technology too different?

Also: my dad used to play some Operation Wolf, and he never had one 'Nam flashback.

Makkara
06-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Can VC do lightgun games, or is the technology too different?

Well, the wiimote can be used to control a cursor, and there are emulators where you can use the mouse as a lightgun, so it's certainly possible. However, it would require Nintendo doing some actual work on VC, so don't hold your breath*.

* Just kidding, VC, you know I love you.

Torgo
06-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Drat. I was really hoping for F-Zero X today.
Bleh, seconded.

Oh well. I still got some points floating around, maybe I'll drop them into something else I haven't picked up. I still haven't done Streets of Rage 2, Actraiser, or either Castlevania.

alexb
06-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I want something Zelda-esque. Are we ever going to get Neutopia or Crusade of Centy?

Excitemike
06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Bleh, seconded.

Oh well. I still got some points floating around, maybe I'll drop them into something else I haven't picked up. I still haven't done Streets of Rage 2, Actraiser, or either Castlevania.

Some weeks there is a great discussion because there are great games out, and sometimes it's because there is something really horrible, or at least a game whose quality is subjective. This week is just kind of 'meh'.

Grab Actraiser, you won't regret it.

I want something Zelda-esque. Are we ever going to get Neutopia or Crusade of Centy?

I have bile in reserve for the week Neutopia comes out. Bad console, no biscuit!

Eusis
06-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Some weeks there is a great discussion because there are great games out, and sometimes it's because there is something really horrible, or at least a game whose quality is subjective. This week is just kind of 'meh'
Yeah, I agree there. I was hoping for something interesting, but none of it really grabs my attention. Hopefully they aren't waiting on something silly for F-Zero X... Actually, when was the last time they released an N64 game? StarFox back in, what, March?

Jeanie
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Bleh, seconded.

Personally, I'd say go for SoR2 but that's just me.

Have you tried Beyond Oasis?

alexb
06-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah. But I require more. Maybe some Landstalker or something. And I haven't played Neutopia. What makes it suck?

Let's pretend for a moment that I'm on Retronauts. My virtual selection is Dragon View.

reibeatall
06-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Well, Bloody Wolf got the thumbs up. Looks like it might be my next game.