PDA

View Full Version : Era Vulgaris Vs. Icky Thump

Schmidt
06-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Round one, fight!

VsRobot
06-19-2007, 07:21 PM
What is an Era Vulgaris? I think Icky Thump is a White Stripes song?

Schmidt
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
Era Vulgaris is the new Queens of the Stone Age album, Icky Thump is the new White Stripes album (though also a track on it), and Google is a search engine.

Potato
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Is this a "Which Name Is More Silly?" poll, because Icky Thump would probably win that. Era Vulgaris can be extrapolated into something pompous, but I think Icky Thump can only be taken at face value.

If that's not it, I prefer oranges.

Schmidt
06-19-2007, 08:13 PM
It was going to be a straight-up "Which album you like betta?", and then I discovered you can allow people to vote for more than one choice, which made no sense, so I went with that. So it's just sort of "If you like one or both, vote about it!"

Evil Dead Junkie
06-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Icky Thump is awesome, of course I have yet to hear it sober.

Derek
06-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Era Vulgaris! Both are good, tho. But you can't never have too much QOTSA, and the Bulby mascot wins it for J Ho and the boys hands down.

Evil Dead Junkie
06-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I used to love QOTSA

Until it became "Josh Homme Mc Douchealot's Fantastic Roadshow Of Assholery"

Schmidt
06-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I used to love QOTSA

Until it became "Josh Homme Mc Douchealot's Fantastic Roadshow Of Assholery"
Elaborate!

Evil Dead Junkie
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
As soon as QOTSA started selling platinum and raking in dough, Homme fired his song writing partner of twenty years, and replaced him with a bunch of session musicians.

He makes Roger Waters look like a prince.

mode7
06-21-2007, 07:35 PM
icky thump. jack white is a legend in the making.

Ghost Boy
06-22-2007, 06:43 PM
As soon as QOTSA started selling platinum and raking in dough, Homme fired his song writing partner of twenty years, and replaced him with a bunch of session musicians.

He makes Roger Waters look like a prince.

Man that is not even remotely true, Oliveri was kicked out of Kyuss after Blues for the Red Sun, which he only wrote one song for, Mondo Generator, which is far and away the worst one on there, and he didn't have anything to do with the first Queens album.

I mean, no doubt Queens albums are getting worse, but to chalk it up to no Nick Oliveri is just silly.

Schmidt
06-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Icky Thump impressions after a few days: Catch Hell Blues is amazing, worth the price of admission alone, but I really don't like St. Andrew (This Battle Is In The Air). I don't think the album is going to be my new favorite White Stripes album, but I'd also be hard pressed to say what my current favorite is. I generally waffle between Elephant and Get Behind Me Satan, but De Stijl and White Blood Cells could be my answer in the right mood as well.

My opinion of most albums improves with time though, so we'll see.

Calorie Mate
06-23-2007, 04:46 PM
I've only really listened to Songs for the Deaf, which I liked alright. Not a bad album by any means.

I've never listened to the White Stripes. Suggestions on a good album to start with?

Evil Dead Junkie
06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Man that is not even remotely true, Oliveri was kicked out of Kyuss after Blues for the Red Sun, which he only wrote one song for, Mondo Generator, which is far and away the worst one on there, and he didn't have anything to do with the first Queens album.

I mean, no doubt Queens albums are getting worse, but to chalk it up to no Nick Oliveri is just silly.

Huh?

Dude he was on Queens first three albums what the fuck are you talking about.

Schmidt
06-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I've never listened to the White Stripes. Suggestions on a good album to start with?
I'd probably say Elephant. I'm no fancy music critic, but I feel like it'd be the easiest to get into (and the song Seven Nation Army had the most radio play, you'll be most likely to recognize that).

Jeanie
06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I'd probably say Elephant. I'm no fancy music critic, but I feel like it'd be the easiest to get into (and the song Seven Nation Army had the most radio play, you'll be most likely to recognize that).

Also wasn't Seven Nation Army on the Simpson's episode when the White Stripes guest voiced?

Schmidt
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Don't know.