PDA

View Full Version : Heaven or Hell? Yes, please! GGAC coming to PS2, Wii this fall

djSyndrome
06-22-2007, 02:45 PM
OhYesOhYesOhYes. (http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/06/22/aksys-officially-announces-guilty-gear-xx-accent-core/)

Bonus: those pesky bugs in the original jp release are going to be squashed (http://www.aksysgl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=125).

Kolbe
06-22-2007, 02:56 PM
But, up to this point, aren't they all essentially the same?

I might be interested in the Wii version, though.

JCDenton
06-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Finally! I've been waiting for this announcement for a while. Now if only someone else I knew played Guilty Gear.

Whether or not the games are essentially the same really depends on how much you have played. Accent Core introduces a bunch of new mechanics that seem like they really change the way you play, but to a novice they won't matter much.

DarkBlueFlannel
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
What does that make it, 4 or 5 releases of a Guilty Gear XX (Something)?

I own XX No Subtitle. ABA and Order Sol will have to be pretty awesome to convince me to buy it again. That, or if I can get it for le cheap.

JCDenton
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
What does that make it, 4 or 5 releases of a Guilty Gear XX (Something)?

Let's see, there was The Midnight Carnival, #Reload Red, #Reload Blue, Slash and Accent Core. So that is five, unless you count Judgement, Dust Strikers or Isuka which are basically side projects. If it helps, this is the biggest revision since XX. Also, don't forget about Robo-Ky who, while playable in the PS2 release of The Midnight Carnival, is now a balanced, playable character.

DarkBlueFlannel
06-22-2007, 05:24 PM
That'll teach me to look at the box and assume there's no subtitle. I forgot the original XX for PS2 had "The Midnight Carnival" as it's subtitle.

I'm really not antagonistic to the idea of another GGXX, I just wish I had people to play against. I'm not that skilled a player. Yet, when one plays against people who have no exposure to the game, it's hard to keep from consistantly demolishing them.

Calorie Mate
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
How will you control this with the Wii? They can't expect people to seriously use the "waggle" controls. Any mention of compatibility with the Classic Controller?

JCDenton
06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much my problem. I love the games, but I'm not that good and playing against the computer is no fun. I thought I'd get some of my friends into it, but they weren't thrilled to be repeatedly crushed by my meager skills.

JCDenton
06-22-2007, 05:37 PM
How will you control this with the Wii? They can't expect people to seriously use the "waggle" controls. Any mention of compatibility with the Classic Controller?

Yeah, Classic Controller will be supported, as will waggle and GC controllers, for some reason.

cartman414
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
There would be something seriously wrong if there was no CC support.

At any rate, GG showing up on the Wii can only be a good sign for Nintendo's console prospects. Now if only it had wi-fi...

Torgo
06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
I've never played a Guilty Gear. My understanding is that I'm missing out on a pretty good 2D fighter.

Also: Huzzah for ClassCon support. At least developers are starting to understand that making a control scheme for it is a Very Good Thing.

locit
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Basically GG is stupidly hardcore and crazily addictive. I can't see anything but Classic Controller support working, though.

alexb
06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I've escaped playing GG, too, even though I really like fighters. Is it a serious game in terms of its balance? I heard the original GG had insta-kill moves. How is the animation compared to SF3?

Torgo
06-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Basically GG is stupidly hardcore and crazily addictive.
Pardon the snark, but how does that make it different then most any other fighter then? One could apply that description to several fighting franchises.

SDMX
06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
As excited as I am that Guilty Gear is releasing to the Wii (and by excited, I mean absolutely terrified) I would really enjoy seeing its blood cousin Melty Blood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood) make a US release. We've missed like 4 iterations of the Tsukihime series now and it's obviously going to be well accepted, since it's mechanics are like a benevolent GGXX.

This is just one of those times where being an intelligent, internationally minded gamer kinda blows. Fortunately, it usually means we can find... alternatives.

Kolbe
06-22-2007, 11:25 PM
What about Hokuto no Ken? It just won't come, is it?

JCDenton
06-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Is it a serious game in terms of its balance? I heard the original GG had insta-kill moves. How is the animation compared to SF3?

As far as balance goes, GG XX is pretty good. Just about every character is interesting and viable in serious play. Instant kills are still around, but if you get hit by one, you deserve to die. Plus, if you use them and miss, you are pretty much screwed. As for animation, SF III is still king in terms of fluidity, but there is nothing wrong with GG.

TheSL
06-25-2007, 08:13 AM
As excited as I am that Guilty Gear is releasing to the Wii (and by excited, I mean absolutely terrified) I would really enjoy seeing its blood cousin Melty Blood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood) make a US release. We've missed like 4 iterations of the Tsukihime series now and it's obviously going to be well accepted, since it's mechanics are like a benevolent GGXX.

I thought the reason that those games never got a US release is because they originated from some kind of Hentai PC adventure/dating game or something?

Jakanden
06-25-2007, 09:28 AM
What about Hokuto no Ken? It just won't come, is it?

No although I would also like to see it.

As far as GG, I am a semi-fan of the series. I enjoy it when I play it (most recently the PSP version), but I am by no means an avid player.