PDA

View Full Version : Injustice!

juanfrugalj
06-23-2007, 10:52 PM
http://img32.picoodle.com/img/img32/8/6/24/f_oddpollm_1b068a0.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img32&img=/8/6/24/f_oddpollm_1b068a0.jpg)

I know, considering the source, it is no surprise. Still, 9 series and not a mention of the Chrono games. I wouldn't mind, were it not for the fact that Xenosaga made the list.

shivam
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
two games does not a series make.

and besides, it already has dragon quest, suikoden and phantasy star. what could possibly be better than those three?

juanfrugalj
06-23-2007, 11:00 PM
two games does not a series make.

I know, but... come on, Xenosaga.

Also, I've never seen a Phantasy Star game. Sega was never big in my country.

Tomm Guycot
06-23-2007, 11:05 PM
But guess who's winning by five or six landslides!

shivam
06-23-2007, 11:06 PM
...star ocean?

juanfrugalj
06-23-2007, 11:16 PM
But guess who's winning by five or six landslides!

More like seven or eight of them.

alexb
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Why are you surprised? The most OCD game on the list wins at Game FAQs? The people who write those uber guides are not normal.

Makkara
06-24-2007, 01:24 AM
If you count Radical Dreamers, the Chrono series has three games, putting it on par with Xenosaga and Lunar. Sure, it wasn't released outside Japan (and even there, it was just a satellite download) but come on, grasping at straws here.

Eusis
06-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Meh, both of those have a bunch of side games or at least a remake or ten. I suppose you could argue for that racing game for CT on the Satelliview, though that's just the minigame torn out. There might've also been one or two other obscure things I'm not remembering.

I think the real winner will be whatever's second place. I mean, how could FF lose at Gamefaqs? Heck, I can't imagine it losing anywhere but maybe fansites dedicated to a specific series, and even then.

Torgo
06-24-2007, 07:41 AM
The results here are just as unsurprising as going to the Dreamcast Hardware board there and seeing someone ask, "Should I buy one of these?" (And this happens more often then you might think).

djSyndrome
06-24-2007, 07:49 AM
This poll gets an automatic fail for not including SMT.

Drooling Iguana
06-24-2007, 09:20 AM
This list does not include Lufia. Therefore, it's worthless.

juanfrugalj
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I think the real winner will be whatever's second place. I mean, how could FF lose at Gamefaqs?
I think that was the Tales series.

If you count Radical Dreamers, the Chrono series has three games, putting it on par with Xenosaga and Lunar. Sure, it wasn't released outside Japan (and even there, it was just a satellite download) but come on, grasping at straws here.

Aren't there four Mario RPGs? That's one more entry, there.

Mightyblue
06-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Paper Mario: TTYD
Super Paper Mario (I suppose, this isn't strictly an RPG)

So there's actually five or six depending on whether you count Super Paper Mario as an RPG entry in the series.

Also: Lunar has five games in it actually, not counting the GBA rehash of SSS
Lunar: SSS
Lunar: EB
Lunar: Magical School (GG game)
Lunar: Magical School (Saturn game)
Lunar: DS

Lufia has four in the series I think:
Lufia
Lufia 2
Lufia GBA 1 (Name escapes me ATM, just a dungeon hack w/Lufia name though)
Lufia GBA 2 (Name also escapes me, but this one is a regular RPG, if a crappy one)

locit
06-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I see no Panzer Dragoon Saga. No, I don't care that it's not really a series.

Also the poll is pretty much pointless.

Sanagi
06-24-2007, 04:17 PM
This list does not include Lufia. Therefore, it's worthless.
Lufia's not much of a series either... Sure, technically there's more than one game, but in practical terms? I only went back and finished the first one after playing the second, to find out what happened at the end. Which was cool, but probably not worth the work.

Torgo
06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
But darn it if Lufia 2 isn't a fine game, though.

Eusis
06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Man, what's with the Tales of love? The ones I've played have been fun games, but to me the series is far and away from being the greatest or anything. Shame on SMT not being included, I didn't notice that for some reason.

marcalan
06-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Man, what's with the Tales of love? The ones I've played have been fun games, but to me the series is far and away from being the greatest or anything. Shame on SMT not being included, I didn't notice that for some reason.

It's not at all surprising for SMT not being included. It's only been a few years since Nocturne got mainstream notice. Up until then, it was known only to the few and fanatical.

tungwene
06-24-2007, 04:52 PM
It's not at all surprising for SMT not being included. It's only been a few years since Nocturne got mainstream notice. Up until then, it was known only to the few and fanatical.And before Symphonia, Tales was in that same boat too. I'm surprised that's it's actually doing so well. I was under the impression both Legendia and Abyss had bombed.

nadia
06-24-2007, 05:14 PM
A more suitable title for this thread would have been "Gang Rape!"

Wait, no. What's the opposite, you know, when one huge guy rapes a bunch of helpless little guys?

Maggie
06-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Wait, no. What's the opposite, you know, when one huge guy rapes a bunch of helpless little guys?

High school men's room?

Mightyblue
06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
It's not at all surprising for SMT not being included. It's only been a few years since Nocturne got mainstream notice. Up until then, it was known only to the few and fanatical.My friend, not to stomp on your delusions of normality where GameFAQs is concerned, but I would lay odds that most of the frequent posters on the forums and the people who do all the polls are the few and fanatical. So it is odd that the SMT series or its spinoffs haven't been included.

juanfrugalj
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM

I hadn't had a sincere laugh out loud moment from the Interwebs in a long time. Once again, I adore you, almost fanatically so. Almost.

But seriously, it surprises me how civilised this thread has been. Thank you all for that.

Calorie Mate
06-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Where's Earthbound/Mother?

Torgo
06-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Civility in discussion is our specialty!

Well, unless we're talking about the Virtual Console. Or Manhunt 2, apparently.

Vahn16
06-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Manhunt 2? Fuck you!

Seriously though, it's Gamefaqs. We already know which series will win.

Mightyblue
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Ionspark/danbooruup1177294803890493232744388.jpg
Honestly guys. No. Just no. The Manhunt thread died a deserved horrible and wretched death. Let's not necro something that shouldn't be necroed.

Maggie
06-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I'd just like to point out that I never posted in the Manhunt 2 thread.

Coincidence? Yeah, probably. But I'll assume it has special meaning.

Torgo
06-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Honestly guys. No. Just no. The Manhunt thread died a deserved horrible and wretched death. Let's not necro something that shouldn't be necroed.
Rest assured, I am just being a snarky ass.

Red Hedgehog
06-25-2007, 12:39 AM

But we're just talking about the Mahunt 2 thread, not about what was in the thread. So we're okay. I think.

Calorie Mate
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd just like to point out that I never posted in the Manhunt 2 thread.

Coincidence? Yeah, probably. But I'll assume it has special meaning.

That makes two of us.

Torgo
06-25-2007, 09:49 PM
I envy you guys, really.

Eusis
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey, now it's PC RPGs!

... Ew. Diablo. At least Elder Scrolls is in second place, and that could change.

Vahn16
06-26-2007, 12:39 AM
I was surprised at how few votes Baldur's Gate garnered. Then again, it is Gamefaqs.

Eusis
06-26-2007, 12:43 AM
I wound up voting Fallout. I really haven't played enough to properly vote, but I decided to go with Black Isle's biggest series since BG, while awesome, isn't a unique setting for RPGs or anything. Plus you could unofficially lump Planescape Torment with the former.

Jeanie
06-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Yeah Dungeon Seige and Diablo shouldn't really be on a list of RPGs. Yes they take place in a fantasy setting and yes they some RPG elements, but but come on.

I too voted Fallout. Not suprising really. *looks at avatar*

Torgo
06-26-2007, 07:44 AM
I was surprised at how few votes Baldur's Gate garnered.
Baldur's Gate and its brethren are excessively arcane and inaccessible to most people. I've tried it, Icewind Dale, and Fallout (not quite the same thing I know, but close enough), and I was fed up with all of them within an hour. Icewind Dale I really wanted to love because you make your own party from scratch, but I just couldn't do it.

Thinaran
06-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Never liked PC RPGs much, got fed up with Baldur's Gate after a while, stopped playing Planescape Torment after one hour (because I got painful Baldur's Gate flashbacks), Neverwinter Nights I only played the first chapter, and the Diablo games I also got sick of. Fallout could have been fun, but it's so slooooooooow.

I voted for Elder Scrolls, only because I recently bought Oblivion for PS3, and it's irritatingly good. I'm going to play it now.

Drooling Iguana
06-26-2007, 01:29 PM
No System Shock? Deus Ex?

Vahn16
06-26-2007, 09:30 PM
They have RPG elements, but are also shooters. I can see where you're coming from on that, but I think they were going for straight-RPGs.