PDA

View Full Version : Deoderant

Calorie Mate
06-25-2007, 12:42 PM
What's the best brand? Solid or gel? Antiperspirant or not?

I think we've gone far too long without discussing this important issue.

Mightyblue
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I use Speedstick Dry Unscented. Mostly because most fragrances give me terrible headaches or make my skin break out in a rash when I use scented deodorants.

djSyndrome
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
What's an 'oder', and why are you trying to ward it away?

Excitemike
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Is this a de-oder rant? See what I did there?

I use gel. Anything dry gives me a fierce rash.

Maggie
06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I just use Sure dry "regular scent," whatever the regular scent is. Gel's way too wet and gross for me. Oh, and cold. But I do like to stop and look at them when I go to the store. They have those cool little green balls floating in them. I might buy one of those instead of a fishtank, just to look at it and relax.

shivam
06-25-2007, 12:53 PM
i'm a big fan of right guard xtreme, simply cause it smells nice.

Lumber Baron
06-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Right Guard.

Old Spice gives me a reaction. Oh Old Spice, you smell so good, but you rash me up something fierce.

Red Hedgehog
06-25-2007, 01:43 PM
I do the Old Spice stick o' deodorant. It works well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with antiperspirants, but the irrational side of me finds clogging up my pores to be just wrong.

thomp538
06-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I do the Old Spice stick o' deodorant. It works well.

I don't think there's anything wrong with antiperspirants, but the irrational side of me finds clogging up my pores to be just wrong.
"GET OFF MY LAWN!!!"

openedsource
06-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Thai Crystal Deodorant Mist.

Jeanie
06-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I use a Degree Dry Antipersperant. It worked pretty well for me out in Iraq in June so...

Also I like Old Spice, and those ads with Bruce Campbell singing "Hungry Like The Wolf" surrounded by hot girls? Effing BRILLIANT!!!

Maggie
06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I like Bruce Campbell but I hate that song. Why not "hungry like a wolf?" Is there one really famous, really hungry wolf I don't know about?

Hungry like a wolf! Like A wolf!

Damn it!

sraymonds
06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
I like Bruce Campbell but I hate that song. Why not "hungry like a wolf?" Is there one really famous, really hungry wolf I don't know about?

Damn it!

The Wolf is inside us all. And he's hungry. Like the Wolf.

Do-do do do, do do do, do do do, do do do, do do

Balrog
06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Right Guard Sport Clear Stick Antiperspirant. Never liked the gel, felt like someone spit in my armpit.

alexb
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Damn it!

Not just any wolf. The very archetype of the wolf. The metaphorical essence of it, greater than any singular wolf. Thus the definitive article.

I use Axe Dry deodorant sticks. Don't laugh. I only use it because the stores around here don't seem to carry the Speed Stick antiperspirant/deodorant, just the deodorant. And I'll second the notion that gel sticks are nasty.

thomp538
06-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Damn it!
No its supposed to be the wolf, specifically Ed the wolf.

EDIT: he's hungry

Maggie
06-25-2007, 03:33 PM
You know, I literally grit my teeth and clench my fists every time I hear about it. But I assume if I heard it lots of times, it would lose its effect. I think they tried that in a Donald Duck cartoon, where his nephews kept making him mad to help with his temper. I don't really remember how it turned out, but I assume it worked.

Makkara
06-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Considering his line of work, I don't think The Wolf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiyonofuji_Mitsugu) had to worry about hunger that often.

Sarcasmorator
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
I just use Sure dry "regular scent," whatever the regular scent is.

Me too! We should sew ourselves together.

Schmidt
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
I've found Axe works exactly like the commercials, models come out of the woodwork and throw themselves at you. That was awesome for a few weeks, but it got old, so I just use it on one side now and get a kick out of the fairer sex scrambling to realign themselves every time I turn.

VsRobot
06-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I just buy whatever they have at the dollar store. I'm married, so it's not like it matters.

openedsource
06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I've found Axe works exactly like the commercials, models come out of the woodwork and throw themselves at you. That was awesome for a few weeks, but it got old, so I just use it on one side now and get a kick out of the fairer sex scrambling to realign themselves every time I turn.

I'll bet it was much better than that day I tried Tag body spray for sick cats.

Caithness
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
When I hit puberty and my parents bought me my first deodorant, my mom got me Arm and Hammer Unscented Deodorant/Antiperspirant, and my dad got me Old Spice. I used the Arm and Hammer until it ran out, and then started using the Old Spice. I've bought nothing but Old Spice ever since. Well, there was one time that they didn't have any at the Navy Exchange, so I got the store brand. My armpits started burning minutes after I put it on, and I had to rinse it off.

Schmidt
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
I've heard possibly crazy talk about how your body will slowly "adapt" to deodorant, so it's good to switch brands every now and then. Complete malarky, or is there some science to that?

Calorie Mate
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
I like Old Spice, but sadly they don't make anti-perspirant, and I love not perspiring.

Torgo
06-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Speed Stick Gel. I hate gel something fierce, but I can't deny its effectiveness.

Red Hedgehog
06-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I've heard possibly crazy talk about how your body will slowly "adapt" to deodorant, so it's good to switch brands every now and then. Complete malarky, or is there some science to that?

I think that has about as much credence as the rumors that antiperspirants will give you brain damage. (But I believe them, anyway because, hey - would I rather not sweat or keep my brain intact?)

mr_bungle700
06-26-2007, 12:00 AM
I like Old Spice, but sadly they don't make anti-perspirant, and I love not perspiring.

What what? Old Spice antiperspirant is exactly what I use. It's good stuff, too. I actually have no choice about using antiperspirant over regular deodorant, as I am apparently physically immune to deodorant. Seriously, the stuff liquifies on contact with my skin and pours down my sides. I have no idea why, and it happens whether I'm sweating or not. I completely ruined several shirts before I realized that just switching deodorants wasn't going to fix the problem. Anitperspirant fixed me right up though. I wonder if anyone else out there has the same problem. It's really weird.

Calorie Mate
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I...I think I need to look into this. Oh, the wasted years!

...I have that same "regular deoderant melting on contact" problem, too.

Tomm Guycot
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, old spice has a twofer.

Also, my body reacts violently to any change in deoderant, but DOES adapt a week or two later. Evolution 1, Deoderant... also 1.

Calorie Mate
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Ok, new question for you guys...how many swipes per usage?

Balrog
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Swipes vary with the season.

jeditanuki
06-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Mitchum non-scented antiperspirant gel. Keeps me from smelling stinky, perfumy and white-powdery.

Mitchum!

thomp538
06-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Ok, new question for you guys...how many swipes per usage?
Spray

alexb
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Down, up, down. Three is the place to be.

djSyndrome
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Down, up, down. Three is the place to be.

You forgot an up, the two lefts, and twice to the right. Not necessarily in that order, mind you.

Tomm Guycot
06-27-2007, 12:10 PM
I WAAAY overswipe, but I sweat profusely otherwise.

Caithness
06-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Used to be two, now it's three.

Red Hedgehog
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Three is the way to be.

Calorie Mate
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I'd just like to point out that I've created here the most successfully non-derailed thread this forum has ever seen.

thomp538
06-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd just like to point out that I've created here the most successfully non-derailed thread this forum has ever seen.
Then you obviously posted it in the wrong forum. Fail.