PDA

View Full Version : To Chris Benoit

VsRobot
06-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Rot in Hell, roid-freak.

alexb
06-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I heard a bit about this. Paris must be crushed that he's overshadowed her.

philliam
06-26-2007, 06:04 PM
who the balls is he?

djSyndrome
06-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Isn't he Canadian?

JCDenton
06-26-2007, 06:25 PM
He was a WWE wrestler who was found dead in his house with his wife and his son over the weekend. Apparent murder/suicide. Sad stuff.

Schmidt
06-26-2007, 06:25 PM
He's a wrestler, yeah, Canadian, and apparently he killed his wife and son over the weekend and then killed himself.

Jakanden
06-26-2007, 06:33 PM
This totally sucks. He used to be one of my favorite wrestlers =(

Maggie
06-26-2007, 07:11 PM
He's a wrestler, yeah, Canadian, and apparently he killed his wife and son over the weekend and then killed himself.

Um, wow. Yeah, I second the "rot in hell" sentiment. What a sleaze.

VsRobot
06-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Chris Benoit is a roided out freak who was pumping his kid full of HGH because he thought the kid was runty. He bound and suffocated his wife, waited a day, then suffocated his 7 year old son, waiting another day, and then hanged himself in his basement weight room.

I stopped watching wrestling a long time ago because of the rampant and obvious drug abuse, and I was disgusted that even an athlete as gifted as Kurt Angle had to resort to steroids to get pushes from the WWE, which has a terrible bias towards big guys. I was always a bigger fan of the lucha-style of wrestling so this bothered me on several levels. Wrestling is all but dead now, killed by awful writing on the WWE and the rise of Mixed Martial Arts, and I hope this tragedy will finally, finally, finally help clean up the "sport". (Although the death of Chavo Guerrero didn't seem to have any effect, so it's probably just wishful thinking.)

sraymonds
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
You mean Eddie Guerrero. Chavo's still kicking.

VsRobot
06-26-2007, 07:58 PM
You mean Eddie Guerrero. Chavo's still kicking.

Oh, yeah. Like I said, I have only paid only tangential attention to Pro Wrestling for years now. I grew up loving the WWF, and for a while I was even importing bootleg VHS tapes from Japan of some of the amazing workers they had over there (Jushin Liger was a particular favorite of mine) but I got really soured on the product. From what I understand, Pride FC has completely destroyed Japanese Puroresu, and the bits and pieces I've caught of the WWE over the last 10 or so years have been awful and unwatchable. What really put me off, as I've said before, is seeing Kurt Angle's back covered with pimples. The sordid details of the Guerrero death and the Benoit murder/suicide only confirm to me that Pro Wrestling deserves to be ignored, and Vince McMahon, who looks like he cycles roids, is not going to ever willingly clean up his product, despite his protests to the contrary.

Stephen
06-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Chris Benoit is a roided out freak who was pumping his kid full of HGH because he thought the kid was runty. He bound and suffocated his wife, waited a day, then suffocated his 7 year old son, waiting another day, and then hanged himself in his basement weight room.

I stopped watching wrestling a long time ago because of the rampant and obvious drug abuse, and I was disgusted that even an athlete as gifted as Kurt Angle had to resort to steroids to get pushes from the WWE, which has a terrible bias towards big guys. I was always a bigger fan of the lucha-style of wrestling so this bothered me on several levels. Wrestling is all but dead now, killed by awful writing on the WWE and the rise of Mixed Martial Arts, and I hope this tragedy will finally, finally, finally help clean up the "sport". (Although the death of Chavo Guerrero didn't seem to have any effect, so it's probably just wishful thinking.)

Bash Benoit's crazy ass all you want, but get your facts straight. These types of murders have nothing to do with the dreaded 'roid rage. This is some bizarre brain malfunction type shit, not fly into a rage and RARRR KILL SMASH. It could be brought on by some kind of long term mind altering drug use, but steroids almost certainly had nothing to with it.

Second, your opinions about Kurt Angle are crapola. He was never a huge guy and was one of the company's biggest stars. He only started hardcore drug abuse because he never got his neck fixed properly and was in constant pain. Eventually he was cut loose because he needed help and was too stubborn and prideful to quit on his own. They didn't want another Eddie Guerrero on their hands.

Does professional wrestling as a whole need a lot of cleaning up? Yeah, but steroids are honest to god the least of their drug worries. The prescription pain pills and stuff like meth are probably the real culprits. Hopefully this Benoit BS will see the WWE slow down its touring schedule so the boys can have time to properly heal, rest and work out, thus eliminating the need for all the quick fixes.

nadia
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Bash Benoit's crazy ass all you want, but get your facts straight. These types of murders have nothing to do with the dreaded 'roid rage. This is some bizarre brain malfunction type shit, not fly into a rage and RARRR KILL SMASH. It could be brought on by some kind of long term mind altering drug use, but steroids almost certainly had nothing to with it.

Yeah, not to support Benoit's life (and death) decisions, but it sounds like he spaced out the killings, and if he was really going through 'roid rage, he probably would have done his thing in a comparatively short span of time.

Hopefully this Benoit BS will see the WWE slow down its touring schedule so the boys can have time to properly heal, rest and work out, thus eliminating the need for all the quick fixes.

I hope so too. I admire these guys for how much they work out on the road, but it really can't be healthy for their family and personal lives. When a wrestler dies--which is sadly frequent--they're back on the air the next day, and that really has to take its toll on the rest of the cast.

Torgo
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
I hope this tragedy will finally, finally, finally help clean up the "sport". (Although the death of Chavo Guerrero didn't seem to have any effect, so it's probably just wishful thinking.)
Yeah, but this is a little different. If the guy himself dies that's sort of one thing: Calculated career risk, ect., but two other lives were taken in this case. That changes everything.

Jakanden
06-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Oh by the way, I don't think he can get your message to him.

VsRobot
06-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I didn't say Benoit did the murders as a direct results of steroids. I never speculated to his reasoning. I think it's freakish that he was pumping a 7 year old full of HGH. I regret every second of entertainment I ever got from wrestling in general and Benoit in particular.

As far as Kurt Angle, I only know what I saw. A midlevel WWE guy who didn't start getting a big title push until his head suddenly grew bigger and his back was covered in acne. I pay no attention to wrestling so I never heard the excuses. What's HHH's excuse? He was a small, midlevel guy who suddenly exploded and suddenly started getting title pushes. Was his neck hurt as well?

Excitemike
06-27-2007, 08:17 AM
I watch wrestling maybe once a year, and Kurt Angle's steriod use was pretty obvious. He used to look like a regular guy who was muscular and now he just looks deformed. It would be silly if it wasn't so sad.

Stephen
06-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I spent the last 10 years as a huge Benoit fan and by all accounts he was considered one of the truly good guys professional wrestling. I'm still not sure how to take this whole thing and the story just keeps getting stranger.

Now there's speculation that Benoit's son had a rare genetic disease called fragile X (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndrome) and that the hormone injections were by doctor's orders. Supposedly bibles were found next to both his wife and his son, but Benoit was known to be vehemently anti-religious. Benoit sent of ton of fucked up text messages to people he was friends with backstage over that weekend (repeatedly sending his address and shit). There's stories that Benoit was acting very paranoid over the last few months. Sounds like the guy completely cracked sometime in the last year or so and everyone either ignored it or missed it. The whole thing is just fucking sad.

Oh and most people think HHH got his giant push as a result of marrying Vince's daughter. Man you really are behind the times! I'm not saying steroids aren't rampant in pro wrestling, but it's fucking far from being the biggest problem.

Kupek
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Steroid use is also correlated with higher rates of depression and paranoia. And steroids were found in his home. So I won't rule them out yet.

Calorie Mate
06-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I was disappointed that he didn't kill them with the Crippler Crossface.

...what, too soon? C'mon, everyone was thinkin' it.

(In all seriousness, this sucks, not just because of the deaths, but because it took something like this for people to finally take notice of a guy who, apparently, was pretty unstable.)

Stephen
06-27-2007, 09:54 AM
When a wrestler dies--which is sadly frequent--they're back on the air the next day, and that really has to take its toll on the rest of the cast.

Every time a wrestler dies before 50, I hope someone decides to take a long hard look at the life styles those guys live. Off the top of my head, over the last year these under 50 people have died: Big Boss Man, "Scary" Sheri Martel, Junkyard Dog, Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie, and now Benoit. There's more that I can't think of right now, as well.

Steroid use is also correlated with higher rates of depression and paranoia. And steroids were found in his home. So I won't rule them out yet.

I think the steroid connection is tenuous at best. There were something like 90 prescribed drugs found in the house and, knowing a little about the touring schedules and problems of pro wrestlers, I'm willing to bet a lot of those are painkillers. If you want to crucify pro wrestling and Vince Machon for something, that's where people should probably be looking.

I'm really interested in what the tox screens find in his system. I'm guessing it was a huge combination of things.

@C-mate: Well, it depends on what your definition of "Too soon" is. (http://www.lethalwrestling.com/news/fullnews.php?id=225)

And here's a classier article from the same place, (http://www.lethalwrestling.com/news/fullnews.php?id=226) in case anyone's interested on a wrestler/wrestling teacher's perspective.

Calorie Mate
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh shit, Big Boss Man died?! I totally missed that! How?!

Excitemike
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM

THREAD SAVED

Also: Junkyard Dog, woof woof woof in peace.

sraymonds
06-27-2007, 11:04 AM

Dammit, I'm ashamed that I LOL'ed. I blame you, Sea M8.

Calorie Mate
06-27-2007, 11:11 AM
You guys can always count on me to say the stuff you're too afraid to, but know in your hearts you want to hear.

thomp538
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Glad I'm not a wrestling fan.

Lumber Baron
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Do you know how insane it is how many wrestlers die before they turn 45? It's nearly an epidemic (http://prowrestling.about.com/od/whatsrealwhatsfake/a/wrestlersdeaths.htm). Is there any other entertainment buisness that could get away with this?

And I can't get over the fact that he's named Benoit since my sister was once employed by a Benoit who insisted it be pronounced Ben-OIT as apposed to Ben-waa.

djSyndrome
06-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Did somebody say Ben-Wa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-wa)?

Torgo
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Oh shit, Big Boss Man died?! I totally missed that! How?!
This is almost my reaction precisely. I had not heard about the Boss Man dying.

What the crap.

VsRobot
06-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Vince McMahon gets rich while his workers destroy their health, with dangerous in-ring stunts and backstage drug abuse, and he breaks every attempt for the workers to unionize, and last I heard, didn't even provide lifetime health insurance for the workers. "Destroyed your back doing that cage match for the PPV? Tough shit, you don't get pops anymore, the writers can't think of a way to push you, you're dropped! Enjoy wrestling in regional promotions in the deep south!"

What a scummy industry. I don't think the WWE can withstand having a lot of media scrutiny on the way they run their business, so this Benoit thing is doubly bad for them. Of course, Paris Hilton might fart and everyone will forget about this and things can continue on the same until someone else dies in the ring, as a result of drug abuse, or god forbid goes Benoit on their family.

philliam
06-27-2007, 10:29 PM
who watches wrestling?

thomp538
06-28-2007, 12:14 AM
who watches wrestling?
I think this post belongs in the SiCKO thread

Calorie Mate
06-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Vince McMahon gets rich while his workers destroy their health, with dangerous in-ring stunts and backstage drug abuse, and he breaks every attempt for the workers to unionize, and last I heard, didn't even provide lifetime health insurance for the workers. "Destroyed your back doing that cage match for the PPV? Tough shit, you don't get pops anymore, the writers can't think of a way to push you, you're dropped! Enjoy wrestling in regional promotions in the deep south!"

What a scummy industry. I don't think the WWE can withstand having a lot of media scrutiny on the way they run their business, so this Benoit thing is doubly bad for them. Of course, Paris Hilton might fart and everyone will forget about this and things can continue on the same until someone else dies in the ring, as a result of drug abuse, or god forbid goes Benoit on their family.

I hope "going Benoit" becomes a new mainstay of our language.

openedsource
06-28-2007, 10:27 AM
I hope "going Benoit" because a new mainstay of our language.

Assuming anyone can properly pronounce Benoit.

djSyndrome
06-28-2007, 12:47 PM
The plot thickens. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html)

from FoxNews, via digg.

Mightyblue
06-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Wikipedia? So many emotions running through my skull right now it isn't even funny. Though the fact the posting was done from a Stamford IP is interesting, yet inconclusive. I'd assume more people than Chris Benoit live in Stamford.

thomp538
06-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Wikipedia? So many emotions running through my skull right now it isn't even funny. Though the fact the posting was done from a Stamford IP is interesting, yet inconclusive. I'd assume more people than Chris Benoit live in Stamford.
Yeah, like the WWE

Thinaran
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
What the hell.

So what's next? Vince McMahon didn't really die by a car bomb?

sraymonds
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
What the hell.

So what's next? Vince McMahon didn't really die by a car bomb?

He couldn't have, because I saw him on the Today show this morning getting grilled by tough journalist Meredith Viera.

Schmidt
06-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Nah, remember when the nWo had a fake Sting? I'll bet you fell for that too.

philliam
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
seriously, was this guy a huge figure in the WWE?

why does every forum i look at talk about this giant man

Calorie Mate
06-28-2007, 03:17 PM
So let me get this straight...are they inferring that Chris Benoit was telling the world about the murders via Wikipedia, 12 hours before it was discovered? OR are they inferring that there was another killer responsible? I'm confused, but I like that Wikipedia is involved somehow.

philliam
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
seriously this dude's fat