PDA

View Full Version : Dracula's Castle up for sale

TheSL
07-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Article (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20070702/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_dracula_s_castle)

Maybe Konami can put up a bid for it?

R^2
07-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Those red curtains in the foyer are simply darling.

Balrog
07-03-2007, 11:00 AM
I'd buy but I can't live with one-hit kills.

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I think I'll put a bid on it, but I do want a message sent out to all the Belmonts left in the world that I'm not a vampire and to not knock down my door looking for them. I'll most likely be in the grand master bedroom messing around on the internet or playing video games.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
What a horrible night for a high-interest mortage!

Maggie
07-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey, now I'll have a place to keep my hideous, floating ball of corpses.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 11:29 AM
You'd only get it approved if it was a pre-existing, non-conforming floating ball of corpses.

The same could be said of all DR-200 zoning districts.

Maggie
07-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Aw, I had my hearts set on that place, too.

I was doomed the moment I forgot to shop around.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
You'd only get it approved if it was a pre-existing, non-conforming floating ball of corpses.

The same could be said of all DR-200 zoning districts.

Mankind ill-needs a real estate agent such as you!

Please don't ban me.

nadia
07-03-2007, 11:56 AM
But does it come with fire wargs?

Maggie
07-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I'd actually like to visit that place, even though I know intellectually that it won't be anywhere near as fun as I hope. Probably isn't even any meat in the walls.

Actually, yeah, I kind of hope there isn't.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Mankind ill-needs a real estate agent such as you!

What is a residential overlay district but a miserable little pile of coverage requirements and zoning setbacks?

Can't... stop! Thread must... be locked... for the saftey of all!

Maggie
07-03-2007, 12:09 PM
At this point, I don't think it will matter if it's locked or not. We could bury it at the bottom of a special "trash" subforum and it would still thrive, feeding on its own malevolent energy and waiting, waiting for the day when mankind will resurrect it and try to use it as a weapon in some frivolous war or petty squabble.

Then it will have a feast such as this world has never known.

TheSL
07-03-2007, 12:15 PM
I knew there was a reason I posted this one in the pit instead of the general discussion subforum. I'm laughing guys, hopefully Parish doesn't get too angry at the SOTNishness of it all.

Guy
07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
It's been my secret dream to someday become rich and famous just so I can build a castle to live in, with secret passages and everything.

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
It's my dream to spend the night at a haunted castle that has secret passages and hookers. You know what? Forget the haunted castle.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
All I ever really wanted in a house is a bookcase that sides away to reveal a firepole that takes me to my own private Batcave that is filled with arcade games.

Zef
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey! There's no Inverted version floating above the real one! What a gyp!

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd be more interested if they would fumigate the place for Medusa Heads before I moved in.

(Ahhh... Alucard. Still managing reality for HUMANS...)

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd be more interested if they would fumigate the place for Medusa Heads before I moved in.

(Ahhh... Alucard. Still managing reality for HUMANS...)

R-e-a-l-t-y. I guess yours technically still works, but it's not exactly following the theme, here.

...I've always wondered: how is Dracula so familiar with the Bible, quoting it and such, when vampires can't even touch Bibles?

Mightyblue
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
R-e-a-l-t-y. I guess yours technically still works, but it's not exactly following the theme, here.

...I've always wondered: how is Dracula so familiar with the Bible, quoting it and such, when vampires can't even touch Bibles?He wasn't always a vampire, so he could have presumably read it while human. Or had one of his minions read it to him or something.

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
He wasn't always a vampire, so he could have presumably read it while human. Or had one of his minions read it to him or something.

He has it read before bedtime. It's like a scary story for him.

shivam
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
see, i dont understand that. most of the old testament is histories and geneologies, and most of the new testament is paul yelling at churches for straying. what in there is scary to a vampire?

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Vampires don't do well with metaphors. I hear there's a bunch in the bible.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 03:50 PM
see, i dont understand that. most of the old testament is histories and geneologies, and most of the new testament is paul yelling at churches for straying. what in there is scary to a vampire?

It's scary because of the whole, "This holy item burns my unholy flesh!" thing. Sort of like how I'm still scared of behind the fridge to this very day.

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
It's scary because of the whole, "This holy item burns my unholy flesh!" thing. Sort of like how I'm still scared of behind the fridge to this very day.

That's because the vampires live behind your fridge.

Warg
07-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Probably isn't even any meat in the walls.

Actually, yeah, I kind of hope there isn't.

Think about it this way, though. If ever you're hungry, all you have to do is break a hole in the wall.

And the castle's plenty big enough for several holes now, isn't it?

openedsource
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
...I've always wondered: how is Dracula so familiar with the Bible, quoting it and such, when vampires can't even touch Bibles?

Drac is a big fan of books on tape.

Sheana
07-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks to this thread I wasted a great deal of time on that soul-sucker Wikipedia reading up on Vlad the Impaler, that serial killer queen and so on this afternoon.

Thanks a lot.

mr_bungle700
07-03-2007, 11:34 PM
that serial killer queen

Are you referring to Elizabeth Bathory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Bathory)? Because yeah, she was pretty darn messed up.

Sheana
07-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Yep, that's the one.

You know how it is with Wikipedia. You go there for one thing, then you click a link that gets your curiousity and you wind up clicking links and reading for several hours.

mr_bungle700
07-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Indeed, that's how I learned about her as well. Usually I come away from Wikipedia nicely informed and somewhat annoyed that I just wasted so much time reading stuff on the internet, but that time I came away completely grossed out.