PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY AMERICA DAY

philliam
07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
what are you doing on the internet get out off and grill some goddamned BURGgers and eat it like a ture american

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/philliamahn/america.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/philliamahn/image_1834790-1.jpg

Sheana
07-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I don't have a grill, but I will be making & devouring a cheeseburger later!

Also, ice cream.

poetfox
07-04-2007, 03:24 PM
I plan on celebrating this great nation by... going to work.
Fun times.

JCDenton
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
The weather is currently raining on my parade. This means no fireworks, no grilling, no great American pastimes etc. Why do you hate America, Rain?

Calorie Mate
07-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I celebrated by seeing Die Hard 4. I win.

mr_bungle700
07-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Today I was carried by eagles to a baseball game and afterward everyone ate cheeseburgers and apple pie and then we all sang the national anthem while wrapped in American flags and then there were fireworks.

Zef
07-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Ah, fireworks. To crib a page from the Simpsons Quote thread:

"Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it."

Coinspinner
07-04-2007, 07:37 PM
My mother dragged our terriers outside for a walk after the fireworks started. Now they're traumatized. =/

openedsource
07-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Joey Chestnut won our great nation a major victory, by ingesting more horse entrails and anus dogs than the little Japanese kid that nearly had to have his jaw wired shut.

USA! USA!

Healy
07-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I went to a parade earlier today, and then for dinner I had a hamburger and some fries. We didn't have any fireworks because it was raining, but we did watch some on TV. We'll blow stuff up tomorrow, I suppose.

locit
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
I avoided all parades, ate grilled hot dogs, and watched fireworks put on by a country club in a nearby neighborhood. America: we like loud, bright things!

Maggie
07-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I played Diablo 2 a lot.

Um... No, that's it.

shivam
07-04-2007, 11:02 PM
saw transformers, went to a bbq, hung out and relaxed, and then lit many illegal fireworks in the street. god bless america.

VsRobot
07-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Finally started Super Paper Mario and finished the first two worlds. Then I did an epic 1 1/2 hour Advance Wars DS mission. I also ate pizza and fucked around on the internet.

Vahn16
07-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Did stuff on the internet, worked-out (my mom and sister are getting into it now, family outings ftw!), and finally started my Starcraft write-up thing. Then I ran around with my dog. Finally, I came here. Oh yeah, I heard fireworks outside and read Sharkey's Oregon Trail feature. Do those count as celebrating?

Red Hedgehog
07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Today I:

At a grilled hamburger
Drank beer
Saw fireworks
Heard (and sang) patriotic songs.

American-ness Achieved!

densy
07-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Today i:

laughed at America Day
continued normal life in Yurp

Excitemike
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
I saw Transformers, went home, took a nap, woke up to discover the fireworks had been cancelled due to rain so I saw Transformers again. I also ate Taco Bell (a rare treat for a country dweller).

djSyndrome
07-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Nursed a broken tooth and played SMT Nocturne for twelve hours. Man, that's a fun game.

Torgo
07-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Watched Transformers, ate at a little Mexican joint with my dad, went through some paperwork, preped to move, watched Manos: The Hands of Fate, and played some Advance Wars DS.

Dampe
07-05-2007, 08:01 AM
I ate hot dogs and apple pie between swings on Wii Baseball that we had set up in the backyard.

Also, it was 104 degrees.

It was a good day, to be sure.

halverde
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
The one occasion I've been in America for independence day, I went to a Mexican restaurant and ate a burrito in Buffalo, NY. I don't think it's really much of a celebration for us British folks to participate in. Enjoy your nation, dorks, we didn't want it anyway.

Balrog
07-05-2007, 10:06 AM
The one occasion I've been in America for independence day, I went to a Mexican restaurant and ate a burrito in Buffalo, NY. I don't think it's really much of a celebration for us British folks to participate in. Enjoy your nation, dorks, we didn't want it anyway.

Sour grapes?

djSyndrome
07-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't think it's really much of a celebration for us British folks to participate in.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/1/15/CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg/180px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

locit
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Sour grapes?

Clearly. Plus any Mexican food eaten in the North isn't really Mexican food. It's just... blearg.

thomp538
07-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Clearly. Plus any Mexican food eaten in the North isn't really Mexican food. It's just... blearg.
QFT

mr_bungle700
07-05-2007, 10:23 AM

Don't act like you don't know about the Great Project (http://www.warrenellis.com/?p=4642)!

alexb
07-05-2007, 10:24 AM

I hung out with a Brit yesterday. She was pretty cool about it all.

Calorie Mate
07-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Finally started Super Paper Mario and finished the first two worlds. Then I did an epic 1 1/2 hour Advance Wars DS mission. I also ate pizza and fucked around on the internet.

Man, there's a lot of \adance Wars DS goin' on yesterday! I bought the game when it came out, and I still haven't finished the Campaign mode yet. I think I've got two missions left, but the last one wa sso exhausting, I don't think I've got the energy for the next yet, and I finished the last a month ago.

estragon
07-05-2007, 12:00 PM
I also ate pizza and fucked around on the internet.

Sounds real American to me.

VsRobot
07-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Man, there's a lot of Advance Wars DS goin' on yesterday! I bought the game when it came out, and I still haven't finished the Campaign mode yet. I think I've got two missions left, but the last one was so exhausting, I don't think I've got the energy for the next yet, and I finished the last a month ago.

I'm just about to finish my third play-through of the Campaign. I haven't done it on Hard yet, but in between Campaign playthroughs I did a lot of the extra maps and tried to unlock all the alt-costumes. Until I put 120 hours into Pokemon: Pearl, Advance Wars DS was by far the biggest timesink I've had in the modern era. (I still think I must have put 400 hours into the original LoZ as an 8 year old).

philliam
07-05-2007, 12:32 PM
what is with all this NERD shit??!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Excitemike
07-05-2007, 12:49 PM
People died so we can talk about video games. Have you seen the Chinese internet? It's all about tea and chopsticks.

djSyndrome
07-05-2007, 12:57 PM
People died so we can talk about video games. Have you seen the Chinese internet? It's all about tea and chopsticks.

Don't f█rg██ go█████ent-ma█da██d cen███shi█.

Zef
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't think the Chinese would be as inclined to toss their tea overboard, though.

Torgo
07-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Man, there's a lot of \adance Wars DS goin' on yesterday! I bought the game when it came out, and I still haven't finished the Campaign mode yet. I think I've got two missions left, but the last one wa sso exhausting, I don't think I've got the energy for the next yet, and I finished the last a month ago.
I only picked it up again a couple days ago after several month's hiatus. I haven't finished the campaign yet: After I finally beat Crystal Calamity, a mission that wins at being one of the most frustrating things ever, I totally burned out it and never finished. I've been working now and again on leveling up various COs to wrap it up.

Calorie Mate
07-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Which one was Crystal Calamity again?

Torgo
07-05-2007, 03:13 PM
It's like the twenty-first or twenty-second mission. It's the one where you have to get to and fire off several missles to disable the shield on some sort of super-duper-ultra-mega cannon. If the enemy occupies one of the missle silos it's instant fail. GRAH!

JohnB
07-05-2007, 03:34 PM
I was on call for 30 hours at a state psychiatric hospital in Baltimore. Y'know, like in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, only with less Native Americans. Joy!

poetfox
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
It's like the twenty-first or twenty-second mission. It's the one where you have to get to and fire off several missles to disable the shield on some sort of super-duper-ultra-mega cannon. If the enemy occupies one of the missle silos it's instant fail. GRAH!
Yep, that's why I haven't beat Dual Strike, nor have any want to ever pick up the campaign again. That level is insanely retarded.

Calorie Mate
07-05-2007, 05:21 PM

Ah, that's what burned me out, too. I believe we only have a couple missions left, good sir! But yeah, I'll finish it off some other time. I took one look at the next map, did a quick calculation, and decided it was going to require far too much time to do right now.

I was on call for 30 hours at a state psychiatric hospital in Baltimore. Y'know, like in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, only with less Native Americans. Joy!

FUN FACT: I used to live about 30 minutes from the hospital One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was based on.