PDA

View Full Version : Alt 20: Grand Theft Auto IV (sandbox thread of awesome)

Parish
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
And here's where we talk about the real point of the game: fooling around like a retard. Post your video links here.

Merus
04-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm just going to get this out of the way now: I hate hidden packages, even though Rockstar's one of the few that get even close to doing it right.

I also got a 'bonus' disc with my preorder. I'm wondering what that's all about.

WreckTheLaw
04-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Top screw-around-moments for me thus far all center around my own death, grenades, fast vehicles: or all three. Wish I had a decent camera for footage.

The explosions are just fucking sick.

Also, should we discuss multiplayer here?

Schmidt
04-29-2008, 05:34 AM
I just watched TV for a while last night. Bitches love initials! She has a rabbit that can fly! I'm Rich $

ted2000aed
04-29-2008, 06:01 AM
I wasn't gonna post here till someone mentioned that they watched TV. I watched TV for a good 15-20 minutes before I actually did anything. It was great because I found the Bas Rutten all the time channel, and I think Bas is hilarious. Also, running over people has a different feel in this game, it's slightly more disturbing and I haven't figured out if I'm that ok with it yet.

Merus
04-29-2008, 06:56 AM
They leave blood on your car.

That, coupled with the plot, has made me a much more careful driver than I ever was in Liberty City 8 years ago.

Also: no hidden packages! Fuckin' finally, Rockstar.

WreckTheLaw
04-29-2008, 07:52 AM
They leave blood on your car.

That, coupled with the plot, has made me a much more careful driver than I ever was in Liberty City 8 years ago.

Also: no hidden packages! Fuckin' finally, Rockstar.

Merus. Look closer. There's hidden collectibles still. And maybe worse than ever because you normally have to discharge your gun to get them.

They're pigeons.

Yeah, the TV is pretty boss. I've been eating dinner to it the last few days because I'm an addicted chump.

Also, yes: hitting people feels different, so does shooting people. Basically every act you take against someone has a physically strong consequence. Also, the new dragnet police-area system really makes me handle dealing with cops differently: In the old days it was stand and fight until they die and I can get to a pay 'n' spray, who cares what my star level is at as long as I get there. Now it's often much more about the chase: about getting the fuck out of dodge. Dealing with this was especially interesting one of the missions towards the end of the first few islands (I think it is, anyway), where you fight against cops with kevlar suits on. Instead of just the health gage around the reticle, they seemed to have an armor gage first. After I dropped them, my star level actually went down: because they were out of action. When they got back up (without armor now) the stars came back. I assume this is the same as it will be when fighting N.O.O.S.E. in free roam.

Also, saying here just to cover my bases: At least with the second phone (and probably with the first) there's an option to put the phone on sleep mode which will turn off requests for hangouts and such, letting your roam as you will.

pence
04-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm sure I heard GSM interference through the car speakers before Niko's cell phone rang in-game. I can't quite put into words why such a simple detail is so exciting, but it makes me grin from ear to ear.

Of course, maybe it was my IRL phone, but I hope not.

reibeatall
04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
The GSM interference was awesome. Also, Michelle just hustled me. I took her out to a pool hall, and she kicked my ass.

Merus
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Merus. Look closer. There's hidden collectibles still. And maybe worse than ever because you normally have to discharge your gun to get them.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

reibeatall
04-29-2008, 07:46 PM
So I was coming back from a strip joint with Roman, and I was on the tollroad. My car was smoking because of a "detour" I took earlier in the day. I decided to follow the law and just sit in line as everybody went towards the tollbooth.

Some jackass blocks it, and so does a cop. I'm trying to follow the law, but they're not letting me. I decide that the only way I'm getting Roman back home is to drive over the car and hope the cop doesn't freak out.

I drive over the car, and I think everything's good, until I notice my back tires are on fire. Then I notice my front is on fire. I freak out and leap from the car.

Roman didn't.

I was staring at the car as it caught on fire, screaming "GET OUT ROMAN GET OUT NOW!" to my TV.

He didn't make it.

TheSL
04-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Drunk driving is ridiculously difficult, and I commend them for the effort they put into this little detail. Left and right randomly invert, tiny turns on the control stick translate into huge ones in-game, and the screen turns into an out of focus, blurry mess. While I would never advocate drunk driving in real life, its worth doing at least once here just to experience the madness.

WreckTheLaw
04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
So I was coming back from a strip joint with Roman, and I was on the tollroad. My car was smoking because of a "detour" I took earlier in the day. I decided to follow the law and just sit in line as everybody went towards the tollbooth.

Some jackass blocks it, and so does a cop. I'm trying to follow the law, but they're not letting me. I decide that the only way I'm getting Roman back home is to drive over the car and hope the cop doesn't freak out.

I drive over the car, and I think everything's good, until I notice my back tires are on fire. Then I notice my front is on fire. I freak out and leap from the car.

Roman didn't.

I was staring at the car as it caught on fire, screaming "GET OUT ROMAN GET OUT NOW!" to my TV.

He didn't make it.

Roman seems to die lots. He doesn't like it when I crash helicopters he's in into the side of skyscrapers. Seeing his body sitting there, lifeless, is an awful experience.

Knight
04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Roman seems to die lots. He doesn't like it when I crash helicopters he's in into the side of skyscrapers. Seeing his body sitting there, lifeless, is an awful experience.
Yea, Pro-Tip for you guys, don't get on stage with the strippers. The bouncers don't seem to really like that. We got chased out of the club, and while I was getting into the car, all three bouncers ganged up on Roman. I took out one and was working on the second when he went down. At least he tried to put up a fight, I assumed he was just going to cower and take the beating.

reibeatall
04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Guys, stop what you're doing and turn the TV on and watch the Master Chief look-alike cartoon. It's awesome.

Dampe
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Guys, stop what you're doing and turn the TV on and watch the Master Chief look-alike cartoon. It's awesome.
Yeah, Republican Space Rangers is better than 90% of the stuff currently on Adult Swim.

Balrog
04-30-2008, 02:01 PM

Merus
04-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, Republican Space Rangers is better than 90% of the stuff currently on Adult Swim.
Not very subtle, though, is it?

The Giant Head
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I like how if Roman dies, he calls you up a little later to be picked up from the hospital. I didn't quite make it to the strip club before I ended up pissing some cops off and setting my car on fire trying to escape. The new cop system is pretty cool, but it makes me a lot more paranoid about doing anything. Just like in real life, I guess.

Maybe I'm dumb, but how do you get into a cab as a passenger? Every time I hail a cab and it pulls over, I hit Y when prompted and then throw the guy out instead of getting in the back.

pence
04-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Edit: look for the ZiT advertisement in the instruction book and call the number. It's pretty sweet.

On last week's Retronauts, there was some discussion about the series's divide between serious missions and wacky sandbox elements, but I find the tone of this game pretty consistent. The characters inhabiting the world have always approached cartoonish levels of caricature: Roman won't stop talking about titties! Does anyone really know someone like that? (don't answer that.) And even though the random acts of violence are more disturbing now (pedestrians ragdoll and leave bloodstains on the hood of your car), they are still easy to get away with.

For example, I just dove out of my car outside of a diner, sending it careening through a fire hydrant. As I got up off the ground, soaking wet from the spray of water erupting from the concrete, I walked through the door and ordered a hamburgerburger. Then, fully recovered, proceeded to kick everyone in the diner unconscious (one at a time, no one ran or got up to help).

Now, I want to drive a motorcycle through the doors of Perestroika, do a 180 on the stage, and drive back out again. This game seems great for reenacting the sort of random scenes you'd see on a show like Candid Camera or Trigger Happy TV.

Balrog
04-30-2008, 10:38 PM
I learned a few things tonight playing with Figure Four and Morbid Coffee:

1. Helicopters cannot fly without rotors.
2. Helicopters cannot fly without pilots.
3. Helicopters that have the back half chopped off can fly but not for long.

TheSL
05-01-2008, 04:50 AM
Did you guys know you can rob the businesses if you go into them and pull a gun on a cashier? I robbed the laundromat by accident when I held up the work and they said "please don't kill me! take it all!" and then the game told me to push LB to open the register.

ted2000aed
05-01-2008, 04:56 AM
What REALLY unnerves me is that when you shoot someone in the chest, once you get rid of their health, they aren't dead yet. If you walk over to them and point your gun at them, they beg for their life. Oh well, still had to end his life, I don't accept people proselytizing outside my front door.

Stephen
05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I had my first holy shit moment during second mission, where you have to protect Roman from some loan sharks. One of them runs away and you have to chase him to the second floor of an abandoned warehouse. The first time I did the mission I beat his ass and left him lying, alive, in a pool of his own blood.

Afterwards I crashed Roman's car into the ocean, failed the mission and had to do it all over again. When the throw down in the warehouse occurred this time, I was a more aggressive fighter and drove the loan shark back, back, back... a little to close the a window overlooking the bay. I countered a punch with the special Y button move and pushed the guy through the window, where he rolled down the roof, fell 20 feet in to the water and drowned. This time Niko muttered something about he had, "Hoped [he] wouldn't have to kill people this time".

One cool sand box moment: I gave a guy on the beach $10 to help him, in his words, "bury his mother". 15 minutes later I was hauling ass across that same beach trying to escape from the cops, and accidentally ran the poor guy over. I know it was the same guy because he dropped my $10, which I picked up before I dove into the water and swam to one of the other islands where I was killed buy a Russian beer truck.

Balrog
05-02-2008, 07:00 AM
The best part of last night was sniping Morbid Coffee out of his helicopter, taking the helicopter, flying 20 feet, breaking the rotors against a building and surviving the crash.

Sapper Gopher
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
So still now way to replay story missions, yay or nay? It'd be nice to replay interesting ones with unlockables. Is the game like the last one so far, where you don't have much vehicle choice, and the only thing that you can bring with you is weapons and more armor/health? For example, are there missions where you can say "hell with it, I'm bringing my attack heli"?

pence
05-02-2008, 07:51 PM
The vans say, "Hello, Tailor"

Hello, Tailor

Hello, Tailor

Well, it could be a Zork joke, I guess.

alexb
05-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Have you gotten the private dance with two strippers at once? It's amusing to me because I imagine they must have hired two strippers and then put them in those wetsuits with ping pong balls on them to achieve the effect.

Merus
05-04-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm still on the first island, but I discovered that Rockstar didn't remember to close off the pedestrian bridges while Algonquin is closed off due to terrorism threats. It's possible to waltz on over to Algonquin via the Broker Bridge from the start of the game, which does trigger a six-star wanted rating, but by the time you get there you'll probably get the One Man Army achievement. I nearly lost the cops, too, but ran into one during the cooldown period and got killed while trying to find a new car.

PhoenixUltima
05-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Let me share with you my absolute favorite activity in GTA4. I like to call it "How far can you launch Niko Bellic?", and it's played a little something like this:

1. Get a fast motorcycle of some sort. NCR 900s and PCJ 600s are both good for this.
2. Find a low barrier of some sort with a good stretch of road leading to it.
3. Approach the barrier from a fair distance so as to get up to <s>88 MILES PER HOUR</s> <s>LUDICROUS SPEED</s> the bike's top speed.
4. Ram that sucker!
5. Watch Niko sail gaily through the air.

It's just a crying shame there isn't an achievement for getting Niko to fly 100 feet.

Also fun: dial up a car bomb, plant it, stand on top of the car (preferably in front of a crowd), and blow that sucker. Or walk into a crowd and hold a grenade until it explodes in your hand. Suicide bombing, in our children's video games?! O, the horror! The villainy!

Sarcasmorator
05-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I tried to take Michelle out on a date to Perestroika, but first I forgot to hit the mission trigger spot, then went back outside and some guy started punching me, so I started hitting him with my bat, and I got hit by like four cars. Then, next time we went bowling on the way back to her place she said she was really bored and wanted to go home. I THOUGHT YOU LIKED BOWLING MICHELLE

Mr. Sensible
05-04-2008, 12:11 PM
I THOUGHT YOU LIKED BOWLING MICHELLE

Yeah, they'll bitch if you take them to the same date location twice in a row. Man, those wacky dames sure are hard to please, aren't they Rockstar? Who could ever figure them out?? Not us, cause we're guys!

Sarcasmorator
05-04-2008, 12:14 PM
It wasn't twice in a row, it was the second time ever. I just unlocked Algonquin, though, and I read somewhere that she likes comedy, so woo.

I haven't bothered dating anyone else yet, even though I know she's an undercover agent of some sort. It's really obvious.

Mr. Sensible
05-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I haven't bothered dating anyone else yet, even though I know things.

Now I feel like a dumbass for not realizing it sooner, although there was something off about her from the first time you meet. I always just figured she was...high-strung. Or on drugs.

Sarcasmorator
05-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh, this reminds me, because I ended up quitting out to start over rather than have such a bad date on record: Is there any way to load from the autosave file aside from resetting the game?

Mr. Sensible
05-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Sure, just go into the pause/map screen and scroll over to the "Game" menu. Select Load and find your autosave file (should be the one at the very bottom).

Sarcasmorator
05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Ah, excellent. Thanks!

SilentSnake
05-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I thought I didn't have any screwing around stories, but I just thought of one. I was wandering the city on foot and found myself in a firehouse. I went up to the guy in the center to see if I could talk to him. I thought I heard him ask for money (most likely making a gay joke at Niko's expense now that I have hindsight) so I tried to press the button to give money like I did that one homeless person. Instead, I ended up bumping into him lightly. This apparently enraged him and he put up his dukes to fight me. I tried to casually walk away, then run, but instead of calming him down, the rest of the firefighters started to chase after me. So I had like ten or more firefighters in a mob running toward me in a clump. There was just something funny about that sight. For a split second, I thought I was in trouble. Then I remembered my carjacking skills. Plus the ten firefighters clumped together. You can gather what happens next.

Merus
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Did you start some fires to see if the firemen came?

SilentSnake
05-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Did you start some fires to see if the firemen came?

No, but that's because I didn't have the means yet. The only way would have been to explode a car, and I've noticed that they're significantly harder to blow up than previous games unless you have explosives.

Also, this made me notice that fires started is a stat. I hope I get some moltovs or a rocket launcher soon.

Merus
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Wow, I've already been blowing up cars. You've just gotta be as bad at driving as I am, although honestly I'm not that impressed with what a car on fire looks like. It looks like they just stuck some flames on the side.

SilentSnake
05-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow, I've already been blowing up cars. You've just gotta be as bad at driving as I am, although honestly I'm not that impressed with what a car on fire looks like. It looks like they just stuck some flames on the side.

They made them too understated. I have a very real fear that sometime in the near future, I will blow up in my car because I didn't notice that my engine was on fire.

Merus
05-04-2008, 10:56 PM
They made them too understated. I have a very real fear that sometime in the near future, I will blow up in my car because I didn't notice that my engine was on fire.
Like much of this game, I wonder if Rockstar actually went and blew up a car to see what a car that's burning up looks like. The car physics handling, while finicky, is great fun and feels genuinely weighty. I've been doing handbreak parks outside my safehouse all day.

SilentSnake
05-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Like much of this game, I wonder if Rockstar actually went and blew up a car to see what a car that's burning up looks like. The car physics handling, while finicky, is great fun and feels genuinely weighty. I've been doing handbreak parks outside my safehouse all day.

The turning is still a bit off for my tastes. Of course, if it wasn't, then power sliding wouldn't be so much fun. The races are a bit of a mess because of this, but they're also a blast because of it.

Swordian
05-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Am I missing something? Shooting at cars while driving seems a lot more difficult than it used to be. I have yet to actually take down any fleeing vehicles and those are the only 3 Wanted missions I have remaining. I was almost stuck on a story mission (Manny) because of it, until I realized I could shoot the driver before the car drove off.

WreckTheLaw
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
So, just read this (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1586708/20080501/id_0.jhtml), and it reminded me of a thought I had the other day:

On my way home from work, my ipod felt it necessary to play Ashle Bohle's Dum Maro Dum, then The Beatles' Glass Onion, then Belle And Sebastian's Dirty Dream Number 2 in a row. Now, I have seriously broad tastes in music, but the way these three pseudo-psychadellic tracks played in a row got me thinking: Damn, how hot would it be if there was a station like this in GTA? Then I got to thinking about how there were a ton of other lacking stations: modern pop (egh), classical, a rock station that I could fit my beloved Elvis Costello or The Smiths into, a second, more indie-minded hip hop station, a real "world" station (as was in Liberty City Stories), etc.

Thankfully, with the 360's automatic custom soundtrack feature, we could do this. The thing is, I'd feel kind of dirty to put together "just" playlists. Without the fake commercials, jammin' DJs (yeah, I just said jammin', deal), and overall feel of liberty city. I'm not so hot in terms of production or things like that, but I'd love it if anyone else wanted to go down this road with me and maybe release a weekly/monthly new radio station that people could download and add to their harddrives. Thoughts? Am I aiming too high here?

Mr. Sensible
05-05-2008, 12:57 PM
I think it's an awesome idea.

And, ah, I've been told by several people that I've got a pretty good voice for radio. Well, maybe public radio.

WreckTheLaw
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
For that matter, I think the LCPR station is seriously lacking in content. There should be fake book reviews, more politics talk, and some interviews with really pretentious bands ;)

Mr. Sensible
05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
For that matter, I think the LCPR station is seriously lacking in content. There should be fake book reviews, more politics talk, and some interviews with really pretentious bands ;)

I've avoided the GTA Public Radio stations since Vice City. OKAY YOU LIKE DONATIONS HA HA WE GET IT.

SilentSnake
05-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I love Iggy Pop as the DJ of Liberty Rock. Juliette Lewis as DJ of Radio Broker doesn't do it for me, though.

pence
05-06-2008, 01:04 AM
..."How far can you launch Niko Bellic?"...

You know, it's a damn shame you can't drive with someone... on your lap, if you know what I mean. Because I have a fantastic mental image of Niko hitting a guardrail at high speed. Then, as he and a prostitute go crashing through the windshield, they ragdoll through the air together. What would he be thinking? What would she be thinking? I guess we'll never know, because you have to remain parked to pay for sex.

Disclaimer: this post was supposed to be silly.

openedsource
05-06-2008, 08:20 AM
Had some free-play fun last night. One of the coolest moments might have been riding a bike tandem, hitting a pedestrian crossing the street, bouncing off a car, doing a full 360-flip forward and landing on the wheels, continuing on at full speed.

It made me wish for a Forge-like editor so that I could design some wicked Excitebike-style stages.

Morbid Coffee
05-06-2008, 10:33 PM
So one of my most recent, and probably best sandbox moments happened during a GTA race session. I was going full speed on a Faggio, trying to ram into the first place player. He slowed down, though, in which I went head first into a car that launched me into the air. I could do nothing but watch my avatar roll along from one end of the bridge to the other, hitting the next checkpoint before finally dying.

It was hysterical.

blinkpen
05-07-2008, 04:48 AM
I had my first holy shit moment during second mission, where you have to protect Roman from some loan sharks. One of them runs away and you have to chase him to the second floor of an abandoned warehouse. The first time I did the mission I beat his ass and left him lying, alive, in a pool of his own blood.

Afterwards I crashed Roman's car into the ocean, failed the mission and had to do it all over again. When the throw down in the warehouse occurred this time, I was a more aggressive fighter and drove the loan shark back, back, back... a little to close the a window overlooking the bay. I countered a punch with the special Y button move and pushed the guy through the window, where he rolled down the roof, fell 20 feet in to the water and drowned. This time Niko muttered something about he had, "Hoped [he] wouldn't have to kill people this time".

Damn! I was wondering if there was a way to do that without knocking him out the window, now I feel kind of bad. I wanted to try and play Niko a little less bloodthirsty.

One cool sand box moment: I gave a guy on the beach $10 to help him, in his words, "bury his mother". 15 minutes later I was hauling ass across that same beach trying to escape from the cops, and accidentally ran the poor guy over. I know it was the same guy because he dropped my $10, which I picked up before I dove into the water and swam to one of the other islands where I was killed buy a Russian beer truck.

This is the best paragraph anyone has ever written about a GTA game. It sums up the experience so beautifully.

openedsource
05-07-2008, 06:44 AM
So one of my most recent, and probably best sandbox moments happened during a GTA race session. I was going full speed on a Faggio, trying to ram into the first place player. He slowed down, though, in which I went head first into a car that launched me into the air. I could do nothing but watch my avatar roll along from one end of the bridge to the other, hitting the next checkpoint before finally dying.

It was hysterical.

"Sneak attack" is legendary in the office this morning.

blinkpen
05-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Haha, I just watched a Ricky Gervais comedy show in-game. That is the coolest.

belikejohn101
05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
Next time you play online try shooting out a window and throwing a grenade inside.

reibeatall
05-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Haha, I just watched a Ricky Gervais comedy show in-game. That is the coolest.

All I can find is Kat Williams. I want Ricky :(

wahoninja
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I was driving rather recklessly last night, so naturally, my car caught on fire, fixin' to blow up. I hit a ramp facing the ocean, and the car blew up in mid-air, Niko's flaming body going through the windshield or something. Then, I landed in the water: the perfect cure for being on fire. I swam to shore and got a burger.

Griefin' dudes online is good stuff. Soon as a GTA Race starts, grab some grenades, then start building a barrier of cars along the race path. You know what to do from there.

I agree that GTA needs better radio. I personally wouldn't mind shellin' out space bucks for a pop station. (Whether or not you like today's pop, it'd be super fun subversive to make carnage to "Since U Been Gone.")

reibeatall
05-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Guys, I need dating advice.

Ever since Michelle got outed as some spy chick, my heart's been crushed. I'm worried about taking anybody out because I want to make sure it's someplace nice for them, but man, I don't want to screw anything up. I've been out with Kiki and Kate both once, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Balrog
05-08-2008, 11:14 PM
I dialed 867-5309 and got nothing. I hate when games disappoint me so.

Mr. Sensible
05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Guys, I need dating advice.

Uhhh...who the hell is Kiki?

Shit!

reibeatall
05-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Uhhh...who the hell is person?

Shit!

LawChick on the dating website.

pence
05-08-2008, 11:39 PM
I dialed 867-5309 and got nothing. I hate when games disappoint me so.

I did this, too. Jenny didn't answer. :[

blinkpen
05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Here's something interesting. It appears that if you go into the comedy club in Algonquin you'll see a different show from the comedians than the one they air on TV. I went in there just to see what happens and wound up seeing a different (and somewhat funnier) Katt Williams bit.

WreckTheLaw
05-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I've seen 5 different Katt bits and 4 different Ricky ones, so far.

reibeatall
05-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Here's something interesting. It appears that if you go into the comedy club in Algonquin you'll see a different show from the comedians than the one they air on TV. I went in there just to see what happens and wound up seeing a different (and somewhat funnier) Katt Williams bit.

Hustlin' Hustlin' Hustlin'

PhoenixUltima
05-10-2008, 07:36 PM
So does anybody else totally love Miss Bluesy Saint John or whatever her name is? (The singer/storyteller in Perestroika.)

shivam
05-10-2008, 11:19 PM
i hate the cabaret so much.

Adrenaline
05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
So does Michelle, apparently. I didn't end up trying my luck.

The change I honestly like the most is the awesome people-colliding physics. Also, how killing drivers can make them fall on the horn or gas pedal.

Weird disbelief-breaking moment when Roman texted me about an important mission he had and then a minute later called me up to ask me to play pool. I guess it can't be perfect.

blinkpen
05-11-2008, 04:09 AM
Michelle is easy man. She was extremely disappointed when I didn't try to get into her pants right away.

Speaking of friends calling you, I find it annoying that sometimes two will call you one right after the other, forcing you to turn one of them down. I also encountered a wierd glitch where Brucie called me when I was heading toward a playdate with Dwayne (Dwayne needs the love more) and turned him down, but the minute I dropped off Dwayne after bowling Brucie's icon appeared on the map and when I got there he chewed me out for being late as if I had accepted the invitation. Sounds like Brucie won't take no for an answer.

blinkpen
05-11-2008, 10:00 AM
How many helicopter tours are there in total? Apparently the tours come and go without you so I have no idea how many there are or even which ones I have and have not taken.

alexb
05-12-2008, 05:52 PM
For any of you completionist freaks who want to kill all the birdies or make all the jumps, check out whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com on the game's internet. Use www in front it it. I just didn't want to make that a real link because it's not a real webpage.

alexb
05-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Also, I heard there's a memorial wall for the characters of GTA3 somewhere in the city. Anyone know where it is?

Swordian
05-13-2008, 08:57 AM
whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com on the game's internet. Use www. in front it it.

Fixed.

Save everybody some frustration.

Merus
05-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I hear tell it's the graffiti you walk past every time you save in Broker.

Brickroad
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
My buddy was playing this the other night with all the cheat codes, and I suggested that as a date he pick Michelle up in a helicopter, take her to a tall building, spawn a motorcycle and then ramp off the building with her in tow.

Due to some implausible game physics Niko survived the fall. Apparently Michelle did too (although we saw her get splattered) and she was just "scared". She was fine for a date the next day though, when we did it again.

I asked about the TV thing and my friend told me he didn't see the point in sitting there watching it, so he hadn't tried it. He agreed we could "do it for a few minutes". That few minutes turned into over an hour. Our new quote-of-the-week is "Don't get me started on the Moors!"

pence
05-15-2008, 10:39 PM
From a placard in Meadows Park:

ROLL OF HONOR

"WAR OF THE DEADLINE"
1869-1869

"for those about to build.....
we salute you"

Adrenaline
05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Apparently there's graffiti memorials to all the previous protagonists. Tommy, Carl, etc...