PDA

View Full Version : Highlander: The Search for Vengeance

Guy
06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Part one of a desperate attempt to revive interest in the Highlander franchise. It's an anime movie directed by the guy who made Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, which was pretty awesome. It comes out straight to DVD tomorrow, anyone going to get it?

Evil Dead Junkie
06-05-2007, 12:21 AM
God I remember when I was eight and Highlander was the greatest thing ever made.

Then I saw the sequels....

Yeah... that's gonna be a no.

And Bloodlust was awful. You could say it sucked or bit. You could but it would be a bad bad thing that would make the baby Jesus cry.

shivam
06-05-2007, 12:22 AM
i really like the tv series alot.

Makkara
06-05-2007, 12:46 AM
I remember being really embarassed watching the steamy sex scene in beginning of the first episode with my parents. Yeah, thanks a lot, Highlander. What's this world coming to when you can't even enjoy some wholesome decapitations without being blindsided by smut?

Guy
06-05-2007, 12:57 AM
I remember being really embarassed watching the steamy sex scene in beginning of the first episode with my parents. Yeah, thanks a lot, Highlander. What's this world coming to when you can't even enjoy some wholesome decapitations without being blindsided by smut?

Man, I watched 300 with my dad. All he did was remark about how cold it must be in Sparta, judging from all the chicks' hard nipples.

Thinaran
06-05-2007, 01:01 AM
And Bloodlust was awful.
In Kawajiri's defense, he also directed Ninja Scroll.

And here's a pretty good dissection of the latest, hopefully last, Highlander movie, Highlander: The Source. WALL OF TEXT (http://foywonder.com/)

Evil Dead Junkie
06-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Oh trust me thanks to Ninja Scroll Kawajiri could have taken a dump on my Grandma's grave.

That doesn't make Bloodlust any last terrible. Honestly the finale might actually be the worst choreographed fight I have ever seen.

PS. Always a pleasure to read the great Foywonder too bad AICN replaced him with Vern for the bad movie beat.

sraymonds
06-05-2007, 04:14 AM
I always watched Highlander for some good cheesy fun, but I won't be getting the DVD. Anime decapitations aren't the same.

Jakanden
06-05-2007, 04:22 AM
I enjoyed Bloodlust myself although I was also disappointed by the final "battle". I am not all that interested in a new Highlander though.

reibeatall
06-05-2007, 08:46 AM
I am immortal.

I have inside me blood of kings (Hoo-Ya!).

I have no rival.

No man can be my equal.

TAKE ME TO THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD!

Figure Four
06-08-2007, 11:40 PM
I just watched it and it was pretty cool. Unfortuneatly the American release of it is missing a bunch of scenes (Kawajiri is apparently not a fan of this cut). Still a cool movie but I'll hold off on buying it until the Director's Cut comes out.

Also, I really liked Bloodlust.

Deadguy2322
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Oh trust me thanks to Ninja Scroll Kawajiri could have taken a dump on my Grandma's grave.

That doesn't make Bloodlust any last terrible. Honestly the finale might actually be the worst choreographed fight I have ever seen.

PS. Always a pleasure to read the great Foywonder too bad AICN replaced him with Vern for the bad movie beat.

His best stuff is on his personal site, www.foyeurism.com

I check him out regularly. He was way too good for aint it cool.