PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Knights

Kolbe
06-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I picked up the game some time ago, but only now I'm playing it seriously. I think is good, but has some issues, like the touch screen controls, that I think are forced, specially with the TCR button.

I'm in chapter 4, I believe, where Django and Sabata (yes, I changed the names) get in the train. Is it my imagination or the difficulty bar rasied in this chapter? Those goron-like rock monsters where a pain in the ass, not to mention the Pig-trolls. Is there a way to know which elemental to use with each monster besides "hit and miss"?

Also, what's the best method to get good junk parts?

SlimJimm
06-05-2007, 02:02 PM
If you go to a bar and talk to the Information Broker, you can look up the details of all monsters you have fought. It should tell you what element the monsters are, and so I assume they might be weak to the opposite.

Probably the best method for getting parts is to just revisit higher level areas and collect money for the parts... or if you want to be cool, try changing the weather to rainy and a rainbow might come afterwards which makes enemies drop items. Also in normal conditions a meteor shower might happen at night which also makes enemies drop more rare items.

Parish
06-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Remember that Lunar Knights is still ultimately Boktai, so making use of stealth and the scenery behooves you. Also, crank up the power on your rocket launcher. It's a champ.

Kolbe
06-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I tried the stealth stuff, but unlike Kojima's other stealth game, I also need to level up, so either way I have to beat at least some oponents, don't I?

By the way, Kojima seems to be working in Metal Gear Solid only (much like George Lucas only does Star Wars :s), so do you think is there any chance for a Boktai sequel? Or even better! How about a Snatcher remake in DS? That would be sweet.

jovewolf
06-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I remember hearing some rumor that Kojima was working on a Snatcher project with Suda51 from somewhere, but I don't recall where or how that panned out. I think it was from a Developers Conference in Japan.

Actually now that I think about it, I think it might've been just some radio dramas or something. Still that could mean that a new Snatcher game is in the works somewhere down the line.

Mazian
06-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Is there a way to know which elemental to use with each monster besides "hit and miss"?
Color. Use ice on red monsters, earth on purple (air) ones, etc. Also, once you've beaten one of any flavor of enemy, the info broker in town has a little stats page for each one, including element.

I ended up stocking up on junk parts with a few quick, shameful bouts of item-to-cash grinding, but the last 4 on the list are only dropped by enemies. Fortunately you don't need those parts for all of the weapons... and who really cares enough about the spear or the flamethrower to upgrade them, anyhow?

Kishi
06-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I remember hearing some rumor that Kojima was working on a Snatcher project with Suda51 from somewhere, but I don't recall where or how that panned out. I think it was from a Developers Conference in Japan.

Actually now that I think about it, I think it might've been just some radio dramas or something. Still that could mean that a new Snatcher game is in the works somewhere down the line.

"Project S" was announced around TGS 2006 as a joint project between Kojima and Suda, and then, last April, it was revealed to be a revival of the Snatcher universe. The radio drama is just the first installment.

Kolbe
06-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Snatcher was good and fun, but I don't see anything else about it, except for remakes. I think the story ended well and needs no sequels.

I rather an entirely new adventure game resembling Snatcher gameplay, but with different story and characters, like Policenauts.

Warg
06-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, being Interactive Fiction at its essence, you could say that games like the Ace Attorney series play quite a bit like Snatcher (sans shooting sequences).

As far as Snatcher being complete -- I don't know. From when I saw the Sega CD version played to completion almost... geez, what, 12 years ago? When a friend was playing it then in parts, it still seemed like it ended on an incomplete note.

And then I read that even the first versions of the game lacked the last act that the Sega CD & Turbo Duo CD versions had.

If Snatcher is redone yet again, it'd only feel proper to finish the game off, by explaining what happens after that supposedly-last act. Nothing too long, since the end felt like the game was quickly accelerating toward a climax -- but still, it would've been nice had the game actually added another small Act to reach it, instead of cutting it off abruptly by showing the credits sequence when the game did.

Now, as far as Lunar Knights goes... geez, that's a game I'll still need to pick up sometime. Not now though -- too busy.

Kolbe
06-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I've finished the game now and I'm surprised. As it is a Kojima Prod. game, I was expecting Django asking Sabata "Do you think love can bloom on planet taken by vampires?", but he didn't. Also, there was no double-crosses nor a cliffhanger in the end.

So, yes, the boys can do more than Metal Gear Solid. Why don't they?

Oh, yes. Money.

sraymonds
06-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Fun game, but it's a little tough playing as Django for me. I eventually gave up and went on to something else, but I plan on coming back to it. I promise!*

Promise valid only in states that end with the letter Q.

Mazian
06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Also, there was no [...] a cliffhanger in the end.
That's what you get if you reach the top of the Chrysler Build... er... Vambery Tower on the second playthrough. (Not really worth the time, since it sets up a possible sequel in a very obvious way.)