PDA

View Full Version : Paul Chadwick's Concrete

NoKidding
06-05-2007, 11:13 AM
I thought about making a post about this in the "Explain your Avatar" thread, but here seems to make more sense.

See the Bone thread by Jakanden, except regarding Concrete.
Do you like it? Have you heard of it?

I read the most recent volume (The Human Dilemma) via piracy (I know, evil) as it came out in single issues, and was so amazed that I started buying the TPBs, which is somewhat of a rare occurance with me. Last week I finally got the last one, the same one I had already read illegally, making me a good person again.

Excitemike
06-05-2007, 11:35 AM
I used to really love those books but I lost interest years ago. Poignant, thoughtful and occasionally beautiful. I'm not sure why I stopped following them, I think I just stopped seeing them in stores. It's good to hear he's still working and still attracting new fans. I'm starting to think Dark Horse doesn't quite know what to do with some of their books. I've never seen a bookstore graphic novel section that didn't have Star Wars comics and their manga is usually pretty well represented, but if you are Paul Chadwick or Stan Sakai or Mike Mignolia you're out of luck. They couldn't even get 300 shipped to stores in time for the movie.

I thought I had heard the old Concrete books were being repackaged into "Marvel Essentials" style collections. Is this true? I might pick some up if that's the case.

NoKidding
06-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Not sure what "Marvel Essentials" style means, but there are currently 7 of these medium sized digests altogether, comprising the entire run so far.