PDA

View Full Version : Durandal Part Two: Citadel, Durandal

Parish
08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.gamespite.net/img/blogart/0708aug/durandal.jpg

Spoilers ahead, guys.

So the story finally began to come together toward the end of the Garrison. Over the course of the previous levels, you came to realize that Durandal is seeking to summon the S'pht'Kr, the lost tribe of Lh'owon, and helped him piece together the tribe's final records. You also learned much of the final moments of the S'pht's resistance to the Pfhor, their last stand centered around a fortress citadel which becomes the focus of Durandal's efforts. Level one of Citadel, "Eat It, Vid Boy," finds you infiltrating the Pfhor-occupied fortress.

Here, you'll learn even more of the world's history -- perhaps most intriguingly, the fact that the S'pht aren't inherently sentient. On the contrary, they only become sentient once they're grafted to machines. The fact that the Pfhor are self-aware without the use of cybernetics came as quite a shock to their scientists. How could a species like the S'pht exist? If they need machines to be sentient but need to be sentient in order to create machines, it stands to reason they'd need an outside agency to resolve this chicken-and-egg conundrum.

All of this is tied into the truth about the S'pht'Kr. (And also leads into the plot of Marathon Infinity, but that is a discussion for another time.) Unfortunately, your time for research is abbreviated by the fact that the Pfhor hasn't taken kindly to your making mincemeat of the Lh'owon garrison and has sent a full tenth of its considerable naval might to deal with Durandal. Worse yet, they've sent along Tycho, Durandal's rival AI who was recreated by the Pfhor in his (rampant) image during the Marathon invasion.

Without question, this section is the highlight of the game. The level designs are exceptional, and there's a real sense of urgency about everything. Your journey into the height of the citadel (and the depths below) to research the S'pht'Kr is overshadowed by Tycho's impending arrival, and for the first time ever Durandal actually seems anxious.

Everything comes to a head in the Durandal chapter, in which you're pulled from the ruins into Durandal's commandeered spacecraft -- now grounded on Lh'owon's surface by the Pfhor's numerical superiority. Initially a holding action to stave off the invaders, this ultimately becomes a mercy killing to prevent Durandal from becoming their slave.

That's pretty hardcore.

"If I Had a Rocket Launcher, I'd Make Someone Pay" is possibly the best moment of the entire game -- an intense last stand against a constant (and unending) flow of the toughest warriors the Pfhor has to offer. And any hope you might have of fending them off is quashed when Tycho finally puts in an appearance to let you know that the waves of Pfhor you've battled so far are just the beginning of his invasion force. The relief of finally finding that coveted rocket launcher is quickly negated by a series of brutal combat levels that culminate in the vicious "Begging For Mercy Makes Me Angry" as the Pfhor throw everything they have at you to prevent you from destroying Durandal's logic core.

This is why I love this game. Now: discuss

Mightyblue
08-06-2007, 03:35 PM
6000 Feet Under. Hate. HATE. Lava. Arr. Otherwise I've liked the other Citadel levels so far. That room chock full of the three different colored F'lickta almost made me crap my pants until I circle-strafed the lot of em and let em maul each other to death. But man, do I hate lava. Arr.

Mightyblue
08-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Sorry for the semi double post.

The last level of the Durandal section is pretty fun yeah. On a couple of the corridors leading up to the switches you're hunting for, it's a lot of fun to knock the enemies into the coolant pits (or whatever that liquid is), especially the ones who fire those rifles that take off largish chunks of your health in one shot.

Figure Four
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I just want to pop in and say the mercy killing of Durandal is one of my all time favorite moments in gaming. I actually stopped for a moment of reflection before shotting a grenade into the last circuit. "I'll miss you, you crazy bastard!"

Parish
08-06-2007, 08:32 PM
The Durandal chapter makes me wish the series could be remade with contemporary technological standards -- more dynamic scripting in levels, voice acting, cinematics. This game has some really great storytelling, but the impact is dampened if you're not paying close attention. My mind's eye keeps seeing this section translated into Halo terms -- say, systematically dismantling Cortana's core as the Covenant High Command sends its best warriors after you -- and imagining a legion of Halo fanboys freaking the hell out at its intensity.

Mightyblue
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
The thing I like about actually playing through the games now is that I know the people who keep saying Halo and Marathon occur in the same universe must be happily ignoring the whole Phfor being the first alien contact in human history bit. Not to mention that Halo takes place some 200 years after the Marathon series, and you'd think that there'd be at least some mention of the Phfor somewhere in the Halo-verse media.

Maggie
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
The Durandal chapter makes me wish the series could be remade with contemporary technological standards -- more dynamic scripting in levels, voice acting, cinematics. This game has some really great storytelling, but the impact is dampened if you're not paying close attention. My mind's eye keeps seeing this section translated into Halo terms -- say, systematically dismantling Cortana's core as the Covenant High Command sends its best warriors after you -- and imagining a legion of Halo fanboys freaking the hell out at its intensity.

I haven't gotten that far yet, but I was thinking much the same thing earlier. The cool little "title cards" for each chapter make me wish that they could've captured that same feeling of awe and menace with the actual game, but they only had so much to work with at the time.

How great would the citadel have looked with today's graphics? It'd be nice.

Eusis
08-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Not to mention that Halo takes place some 200 years after the Marathon series, and you'd think that there'd be at least some mention of the Phfor somewhere in the Halo-verse media.
There'd, uhhh, be a bigger issue there. A much bigger one. I didn't beat the trilogy but I did read the story when I thought I wouldn't. I take Halo as a retelling of sorts of Marathon. We'll see how far that goes with Halo 3 I guess.

As for my Marathon progress: I'm in that lava stage, the final one for the Citadel. I'm kinda stuck, I guess I'll have to mess around a bit.

Mightyblue
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
There'd, uhhh, be a bigger issue there. A much bigger one. I didn't beat the trilogy but I did read the story when I thought I wouldn't. I take Halo as a retelling of sorts of Marathon. We'll see how far that goes with Halo 3 I guess.That's more or less what I thought myself, though people still get their panties in a knot over the SPUNKr and other little bits of Marathon fanservice stuck in the Halo games here and there.

Maggie
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I just got to If I Had a Rocket Launcher I'd Make Somebody Pay and it's awesome.

I mean, wow.

Running around duel-wielding shotguns is the coolest thing ever. I have only just recieved the rocket launcher, and the payment is about to commence.

Mightyblue
08-07-2007, 11:27 AM
The only thing that sucks about that level is that you lose the Rocket Launcher right after you get it, basically. My only problem with the shotties is that you get extremely limited ammo for it, but that's understandable considering just how powerful the damn things are.

Maggie
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I was grinning through much of that level.

"One shot from ONE of these will kill you. I have two of them. Save some seats for your friends, they'll be joining you shortly."

Mightyblue
08-07-2007, 12:18 PM
And then you run out of ammo for em when you're surrounded and you go "Oh fuuuuuck...."

Another handy trick is that you can fire the Assault Rifle and fire the grenades at the same time. Handy for taking out Hunters and the Soldiers.

Parish
08-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Nah, grenades are wasted on Hunters. Four shots from the plasma pistol will put the standard Hunters down. Cyborgs, too. (Mothers of All Hunters take quite a bit more, but they can also soak up your entire brace of rockets, so that's to be expected.)

Uh, just be sure to plasma pistol the mechanical and armored guys from a distance. Otherwise it could get messy....

Mightyblue
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Nah, grenades are wasted on Hunters. Four shots from the plasma pistol will put the standard Hunters down. Cyborgs, too. (Mothers of All Hunters take quite a bit more, but they can also soak up your entire brace of rockets, so that's to be expected.)

Uh, just be sure to plasma pistol the mechanical and armored guys from a distance. Otherwise it could get messy....That's true, but when you're fighting a crowd of Hunters, cyborgs, and Soldiers the plasma pistol just doesn't have the ROF needed to handle all that. The way the rifle sprays and the grenades deal splash damage works better for crowd control.

Maggie
08-07-2007, 12:31 PM
I was unfortunate enough to be standing next to the blue hunter when it exploded and took me out. I was very bummed. And it took me a while to remember that some Bobs explode.

I didn't realize at first, because none of them seemed happy to see me. Marathon taught me that if anyone is EVER glad to see you, they're going to explode.

Mightyblue
08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
There's two easy ways to find simulacrums. A) Listen for odd messages "I'm out of ammo," or "Frog blast the vent core" are the two ones you'll hear most often. B) Run by quick and see if the Bobs try to walk towards you. If they do, shoot. If they don't, shoot anyway.

Excitemike
08-07-2007, 12:38 PM
For Carnage, Apply Within stopped me cold. I've been at it for nearly an hour. I think I'll take a nap and try again.

Maggie
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
That one's a pain in the butt. I kept getting to the save point and thinking "Ah, I don't need to save, I'm doing good. I'll be fine." Then I got surrounded and had to do it again. It always ends in a mad rush back to the health panel.

I just finished Durandal. Apparently, "Things are going to go very badly for me" from now on.

Parish
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
For Carnage, Apply Within stopped me cold. I've been at it for nearly an hour. I think I'll take a nap and try again.
Once you make it past the initial onslaught (the four Controllers and the onslaught of S'pht Compilers and Controllers beyond the door), the best thing to do is duck left for the health pickup and then run like hell to the end of the stage. Blast anything in your way with shotguns and sprint. It's really difficult to take down everything in the stage, because your footing is unstable, you're completely exposed and Compilers are appearing randomly from all directions. Don't feel compelled to pick up the fusion batteries scattered about the platforms... just head to the back wall, take a sharp right and go. It's actually a really short stage once you stop dying.

Eusis
08-07-2007, 06:38 PM
I just kept getting pissed off at the Durandal part, but I wasn't feeling too hot when I got through it and, uhhh, I did stuff like killing all the enemies on that stage. Or most of them at least, there could've been a S'pht or two that I missed. My strategy was to first go through the part with the green platforms and... acid is it? Whatever, green platforms and harmful liquid, recharge, take care of a few that spawn there, then trigger more spawns and retreat there to wipe them out. It was still hard as hell, but I had breathing room and access to a charge station.

I cleared the whole Durandal part actually, and the part that followed was actually kinda amusing in how I kept dying.

Excitemike
08-08-2007, 07:53 AM
I actually wound up clearing most of For Carnage, Apply Within. But It was almost by accident. Sprinting past that clusterfuck in the hallway was definately the right way to go. When I saw that save point my primal gamer instict took over and I made a beeline for it. Fortunately it was a relatively easy spot to defend.

I shed no tears for Durandal. I had a fraction of health left, and I was expecting a swarm to drop on me the moment I launched that last grenade. I actually died the first time on the Big House level (I was trying to punch enemies through that little window. Can't let bob's do all the work)

ringworm
08-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I sat down after work last night with the intention of simply restarting at "We're Everywhere", finding the Fusion Pistol, and re-beating Ex Cathedra before getting something to eat. Before I knew it, it was 1:30 am and I was on Sorry Don't Make It So. If I Had A Rocket Launcher... was amazing, you guys weren't kidding about the double shotgun being awesome and the killer rocket launcher payoff.

I spent a TON of time on 6000 Feet Under just wandering around. I simply could not figure out where to go for the longest time after I had cleared all the enemies (that I knew of). The level design really is fantastic.

Excitemike
08-08-2007, 09:26 AM
I spent a TON of time on 6000 Feet Under just wandering around. I simply could not figure out where to go for the longest time after I had cleared all the enemies (that I knew of). The level design really is fantastic.

My Marathon sessions must be rubbing off on my girlfriend, who has been making her way through Doom. She remarked on how difficult one of the maps was. I looked at it over her shoulder and had to stop myself from saying something really condescending. We're star-crossed, I guess.

Maggie
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
You know, I feel like a traitor. I used to be the biggest Doom fan. But honestly, sometimes when I'd start on a new Doom level after finishing the last, I'd think "Ok, well, I'm really not in the mood for another level like that, so screw it. I'll play later."

But with this game, it just breezes by because you're actually DOING something in each level. You're not just finding the exit and wandering around killing stuff. You actually have a purpose. I'm on, I think, the last chapter now and I'm really enjoying it.

Eusis
08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I actually died the first time on the Big House level (I was trying to punch enemies through that little window. Can't let bob's do all the work)
I died there by doing nothing. The aliens fought off the Bobs, killed them, then the asshole jailer turns to me and sets me on fire. I died a few more times like that before I just hid behind the door until the level finished. That's what I was referring to being amusing in my earlier post.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Guys, I don't know. I can't feel it anymore. I'm going to keep playing, but it's almost a chore at this point.

Parish
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Seems some of you are moving along into the final stretch, so let's just append the final third of the game into this topic.

The Blake chapter can seem like a bit of a letdown after the visceral intensity of Durandal -- here you were performing a desperate holding action against impossible odds with a full arsenal, only to be cast back into the calm with nothing but your fists.

Eventually, though, things pick up -- this portion of the game is far more focused than the first third. You have a clear mission here (reactivating the dormant S'pht AI, Thoth) and without Durandal's support you tend to feel more vulnerable. And the action doesn't take long to resume its former intensity -- "My Own Private Thermopylae" is tough, "Kill Your Television" is insane, and "God Will Sort the Dead" is... eh, well, it's really pretty easy. But your BOB-killing is sanctioned. How awesome is that?

The pacing is a little uneven, but it still leads up to a pair of very satisfying levels... but let's save discussion of the final chapter, S'pht'Kr, for the weekend.

Maggie
08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Playing Kill Your Television, I felt like I was suddenly back in the water temple in Zelda. It was kind of terrifying until I realized it was basically straightforward.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM

That's where I am right now, and "fantastic" isn't the f-word that's coming to mind...

ringworm
08-08-2007, 05:18 PM
That's where I am right now, and "fantastic" isn't the f-word that's coming to mind...
Heh, it wasn't for me either until I was done. It is sort of a retrospect difficulty-in-design appreciation thing.

Mightyblue
08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
The only thing that bugged me about Kill Your Television was the fact that you don't have any underwater weapons besides your fists in Durandal. The flamethrower was fun though.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
In "If I had a rocket launcher..." I didn't realize the red floor could kill you. I kept looking around for whatever was shooting me.

Parish
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
The abuse of liquid damage is probably my biggest complaint about the final segments of the game. I apologize to whomever I told off -- it is ridiculous. Forcing players to hop in death goo or lava once might be excusable, but it happens one too many times for my liking. Especially the lava bath in "All Roads Lead to Sol..." Annoying!

Still love the game, though. Can't wait for the XBLA version of Infinity. I just hope they don't force you into a temporal loop to get all the Achievements. That would be maddening.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Ohh god it wasn't the red floor the BoBs want me dead.

Parish
08-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, yeah, no one is on your side in that level. Even the BoBs are fake.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
What about those 4 BoBs that appear that turn into piles of blood, not piles of yellow? After I killed them, I realized that maybe those ones were good...

Mightyblue
08-08-2007, 08:12 PM
You kinda forgot about the golden rule: Shoot first, and keep shooting.

Eusis
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
What about those 4 BoBs that appear that turn into piles of blood, not piles of yellow? After I killed them, I realized that maybe those ones were good...
Useless. For me, they spawned away from enemies and wouldn't follow. Figures, I guess.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Does this game autosave? I'm kinda stuck on Sorry Don't Make it So, and I don't feel like playing more today. However, I keep dying at the beginning of the level.

Parish
08-08-2007, 08:59 PM
No, the XBLA version will restart you at the beginning of a mission if you croak, but permanent saves only happen at the terminals regardless of the version you're playing. Sorry Don't Make It So does have a terminal in a room around the back side of the corridor, but since every room unleashes a flood of baddies you could be outta luck.

On the plus side, it's pretty easy to force all the enemies in each room into a bottleneck by luring them out the door, making it a fairly easy stage compared to the levels on either side of it.

reibeatall
08-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Could somebody please tell me how to drain this lava in Sorry Don't Make it So? I can SEE the save point, but it's covered.

ringworm
08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Could somebody please tell me how to drain this lava in Sorry Don't Make it So? I can SEE the save point, but it's covered.
It might be a bit late to help you out now, but as far as I could tell, you don't. I simply charged up with the 3x charge panel (there are a couple of them) and dove in.

Mightyblue
08-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Y'know what? I just realized the shotguns are as powerful as the freaking SPUNKr. It takes the same amount of shotgun blasts as rockets to take down a Juggernaut.

Also, Marathon Infinity is FREAKING weird.

That is all.

Eusis
08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
After I beat Marathon: Durandal, I looked up info on Infinity and it's ending. I misinterpreted it, whoops. That's what I get for just reading a summary to the whole series rather than playing it through, especially since it sounds like Infinity is, like MightyBlue put it, FREAKING weird. :P

Maggie
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, so far, I'm not too into Infinity. Maybe it picks up later...

And it's weird how anti-climactic Marathon 1 and 2 are. And then they just toss in a couple of extra levels AFTER the anti-climax, for some reason.

Parish
08-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Infinity is strangely paced, and the story is pretty much incomprehensible. Double Aught said it was basically an experiment to see how avant garde they could make a text-based story in a game like this. But! It has hands down some of the best level designs ever. Although you may be too busy cussin' to appreciate them.

Hint: keep a separate save file before Acme Station. You may need it.

ringworm
08-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Ungh, three more levels left. I want to power through, but SO TIRED. Stupid work.

sfried
08-10-2007, 07:03 AM
That 5-part course menu during the 'destroy the cores' level...I honestly thought that was the last level. I don't see how you would go gaga over this game simply because they stuck what look like a pseudo-last-level in the middle. Granted it was cleaver, but it isn't by any means perfect. Destroying one circuit opens one door filled with baddies. Kill baddies. Turn on switch. Another circuit unvieled. Kill baddies. Turn on switch. Rinse, wash, and repeat untill all cores destored (wby that time, there will be very few recharge stations left). It feels just as cheep as Triforce collecting. And there's this one particular switch which is under lava that kept bugging me (again, I blame Bungie's level design). I tossed anything I could at the damn thing to turn it on without needing to dip.

The alien weapon is neat, though. But I'm bugged that there's no ammunition display for it on any sort.

ringworm
08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Your opinions are baffling to me.

Maggie
08-10-2007, 10:44 AM
I liked the level mostly because each time you destroy a circuit, you know you're blowing up a part of Durandal's brain or conciousness or whatever. "Wonder which part I just blasted..."

Oh, and I forgot to mention earlier, but did anyone find that great AI Classifieds terminal on... Oh, I don't remember which level. "No yuppies."

Mightyblue
08-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Yeah, I did. It was the first inkling I had that perhaps Durandal wasn't as dead as he was made out to be. Then you find out the Ph'for got him anyway, despite you destroying his logic core.

Parish
08-10-2007, 09:12 PM
With only one day left for the Marathon: Durandal discussion, I do believe now would be an opportune moment to discuss the game's final chapter, S'pht'Kr.

After the rather anticlimactic chapters that followed Durandal's euthanasia -- because let's face it, powering up an old mainframe is nowhere near as gripping as fending off several squadrons of elite aliens as you perform a cyber-mercy-killing -- S'pht'Kr is a wonderful, welcome change of pace. When the lost tribe finally arrives and begins laying waste to the Pfhor far more effectively than you can, you feel like, hey, all that Thoth nonsense paid off.

Unless you're a moron and shoot the S'pht'Kr, in which case... well, hope you saved recently.

It's a shame the game ends on such a flat note. "All Roads Lead to Sol..." is a pretty lame level, better suited to the earlier chapters. And the final battle... I've never been able to finish it legitimately, honestly. A collection of the most powerful enemies in the game in a narrow space immediately following a lava bath? That is not actually fun! Try as I might, I can never survive with enough health to ride out the Juggernaut explosion, so I always just run over to the terminal and cycle through to the end as quickly as possible. I miss the payoff for the whole game! Disappointing.

Infinity's finale more than makes up for it, but ugh. A poor conclusion. Rest of the game rocks, though.

ringworm
08-10-2007, 10:02 PM
I actually just beat it, and legitimately! I spent the last two or three hours doing it over and over, and finally got it.

At first I was really sad I couldn't beat it.
Then I got really angry at the bullshit Juggernaut explosion.
Finally I just really wanted the firepower of the Juggernaut, those two streams of the same weapon Enforcers have is brutal.

Anyway, my strategy on the final fight for the first hour and a half was to run around in circles until enough of those idiots killed themselves and then try to take down the stragglers, and finally the Juggernaut. I actually got to the Juggernaut once or twice but as Parish said, you need something greater than 1.5 shields to survive its final explosion (depending on distance, I think) and if you're VERY good at lava swimming you can get there at best with just over 2.0 shields. What was going wrong was that inevitably running around in a circle I would lose enough shields to take me below the threshold and I would lose after killing the Juggernaut.

So what I did was I started my circle pattern and focused on getting the Juggernaut first. Finally after around 30-45 minutes of trying I got the requisite 5-6 (or whatever) rocket launcher shots at the Juggernaut, I was at a very good distance, and its explosion killed everything else but the big blue Hunter, which I then took out. When I finally got it I had almost 1.25 shields left!

I really liked that after "Begging For Mercy Makes Me Angry" shit slowed down a little bit, since that whole destroy-Druandal's-logic-core sequence was really intense. I especially liked the change of pace that "God Will Sort the Dead" brought. That level was basically comic relief which was welcome. However nearly every post-Durandal level was very straightforward and easy up until S'pht'Kr, so the scale-down in intensity probably went on for about 4 levels too long.

I thought the last three levels were good, but extremely easy...or maybe they just seemed that way due to the difficulty of the levels in Durandel. "All Roads Lead to Sol" was very simple, but with the powerhouse Juggernauts roaming the level I felt it was appropriate for an endgame experience. Maybe I only feel that way because I finally able to finish it, and after the effort the payoff feels pretty good. However, maybe not including unlimited ammo for all weapons would've made it feel little more like an ending level.

Also, on "All Roads Lead To Sol" those last 4 panels you break drove me nuts! It took me around 30 minutes of doing the last section of that level pre-lava switch (because I couldn't save) before I realized that one of those panels didn't need to be broken and would keep the save point active. So annoying!

Eusis
08-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I managed it legitimately too. Given my personal experience and the post before mine, I'd say the key to winning is to destroy the Juggernaut then clean up afterwards, circle strafing the whole time. Also, I found dual shotguns the most useful there so I recommend loading up on ammo before taking those guys on. But yeah, the whole going through lava, then being teleported INTO a pool of lava is just stupid design and extremely frustrating.

Mightyblue
08-10-2007, 10:48 PM
I've said it before, a full spread on a shottie is equivalent to a SPUNKr shot, sans the recoil.

Although it is kinda fun on repeat playthroughs on the water section to see just how far and fast you fly across a pool of water after firing a SPUNKr shot, it's crazy.

Parish
08-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I've said it before, a full spread on a shottie is equivalent to a SPUNKr shot, sans the recoil.
...it's "SPNKr," as in "spanker." Not "spunker." That's just... I dunno, but it's in no way good.

I guess my mistake has been to clear out the baddies and then the Juggernaut. And to stand too close when it explodes.

Mightyblue
08-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Is it really? Eh, whatever.

Actually, in terms of hilariously stupid things, I was slinging rockets at a Juggernaut on ARLtS and turned around on reflex to shoot some minions, only to realize that firing a rocket at point blank range kinda hurts. A lot.

reibeatall
08-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Anybody up for some Multiplayer tonight? I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet. I'll probably be up to be playing in about 2 or 3 hours.

Maggie
08-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I had to use a walkthrough to figure out the stupid lava panel part. I kept going in the door to the left after the lava rose instead of to the right and back to the start of the level. So I was thinking you have to heal yourself while swimming and floating in lava, which just wasn't possible.

And I survived the last fight because, through some happy glitch, the juggernaut's explosion did no damage.

Eusis
08-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Anybody up for some Multiplayer tonight? I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet. I'll probably be up to be playing in about 2 or 3 hours.
I'm good. Like I mentioned before though, I'd like a giant co-op game most of all.

sfried
08-11-2007, 11:34 PM
I kept going in the door to the left after the lava rose instead of to the right and back to the start of the level. So I was thinking you have to heal yourself while swimming and floating in lava, which just wasn't possible..

I had the same problem, too.