PDA

View Full Version : Sword of the New World Beta is up...

reibeatall
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Is anybody else playing this? Or, does anybody even know what this game is?

blitzchamp
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
no what is it?

reibeatall
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
It's a new MMO who's big thing is you control three people instead of one. It's set in Victorian times, so you aren't dealing with the World of Fantasy-craft that's pretty much staurated the market.

http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/

Potato
06-06-2007, 07:17 PM
You may also know it as "Granado Espada", or maybe not.

It's some MMO where everyone looks really, really pretty. The costumes drew me in originally, but I haven't actually given it a shot. My computer is whimpering at the thought of installing it. So, other than literal fancy pants, it seems to be your run-of-the-mill MMO.

blitzchamp
06-06-2007, 07:25 PM
It's a new MMO who's big thing is you control three people instead of one. It's set in Victorian times, so you aren't dealing with the World of Fantasy-craft that's pretty much staurated the market.

http://www.swordofthenewworld.com/

thanks ill check it out.

Coinspinner
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
You may also know it as "Granado Espada", or maybe not.

It's some MMO where everyone looks really, really pretty. The costumes drew me in originally, but I haven't actually given it a shot. My computer is whimpering at the thought of installing it. So, other than literal fancy pants, it seems to be your run-of-the-mill MMO.

Not quite... it has a gimmick! You build a family of characters and control three at once. I think it also has built in botting tools or something.

Potato
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Ah ha! I can grind thrice as hard or let the game play itself!

MMOs done me wrong.

reibeatall
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
In the beta, there's not really any grinding. In fact, the balance is all wonky. Your guys are really strong, the enemies are weak, and they give a lot of exp.

Coinspinner
06-06-2007, 10:25 PM
What is there to do besides grinding?

reibeatall
06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
Questing.
I'm currently in a quest where I have to help a little girl get out of some mysterious dungeon, but I keep getting shot with fireballs from the statues there and I die.

My friend's fighting a lot of bosses right now.

And I'm going to get into the PvP once I'm strong enough.

And in my previous post, I didn't mean there weren't enemies to kill, just that you don't have to KILL KILL KILL KILL for hours to level up.

Vahn16
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Is it fun, though? The party apsect sounds kind of cool, but are the quests enjoyable? Or is it just "go here, kill this" and "go here, collect this?" I guess I'm really asking how different it is from the typical MMO.

Coinspinner
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm leery of any MMO where beta testers say there's "no grind" because leveling is fast. Devs usually let players level fast in beta so they can test higher level content. That and the game is Korean in origin. From looking into it my PC can actually exceeds the recommended requirements where I'm used to barely meeting the minimum. Go Radeon 9500, go!

Anyway, I remember registering for beta a while back but I've gotten no email so I'll have to wait till open beta on the 15th.

Coinspinner
06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/Coinspinner/Junk/Babyseals.jpg