PDA

View Full Version : CRAVE STORY

DemoWeasel
01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Here's a thread for posting some of the typical/offbeat cravings you sometimes have for a specific food.

EXAMPLE: Right now I have a huge craving for Kraft Mac n' Cheese.

Wolfgang
01-18-2010, 04:51 PM
What are you, pregnant?

Right this very second I'm craving sauteed string beans with rice from the Chinese place on the corner, but I'm heading to a friend's for dinner in like half an hour so no dice. Fortunately they're serving chili & cornbread so I guess I'll just have to choke it down, somehow.

Rosewood
01-18-2010, 05:22 PM
What are you, pregnant?

Hey, you don't need to be pregnant to love you some Kraft mac 'n' cheese! I would ask for it with canned tuna/cream of mushroom soup topping for birthday meals. Shrimp, steak, bah.

Bergasa
01-18-2010, 05:31 PM
I am pretty much craving sushi/sashimi 24/7.

Nejt
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I have a constant craving for French bread. And tea. But right now I kind of want stuffed artichokes (If only they were in stores here).

Phat
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Every single second of every single day I crave Big Macs.

Sheana
01-18-2010, 06:22 PM
I get the occasional craving for Kraft Mac & Cheese too, though it's rarely ever as good as it was when I was a kid. And yet I still crave.

I crave fried rice a lot, because it's been so long since I had some really good rice. I guess I'm big on rice, there's a particular brand of Jasmine rice we can't find anymore that I've been craving a lot, other brands don't quite cut it.

The Polish genes also mean I hunger for leniwe pierogi (lazy cheese dumplings) pretty much 24/7.

Pombar
01-18-2010, 06:23 PM
SALT
PREFERABLY IN/AROUND MEAT

Silent Noise
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
http://www.tacobell.com/fourthmeal/img/fourthmeal/taco-supreme.png

That thing, that damn thing, that thing I crave ceaselessly.

cortbassist89
01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
I am craving a Taco Bell chicken quesadilla. This despite the fact that I am stuffed with Taco bell burritos at this very moment.

Balrog
01-18-2010, 06:37 PM
I always thought k.d. lang's "Constant Craving" was about fried mozzarella sticks because that's what I'm, uh, constantly craving.

Warg
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Kinda tangential -- but it's interesting that reading about the very topic of cravings, despite having just eaten, makes my mouth water. That's even though eating significantly more at this point would make me feel ill. I don't even crave anything specific!

I think I'll just treat myself to a bit more water, then.

Willm
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I tend to have cravings for condiments. And since eating condiments straight is just weird, I inevitably get something that makes said condiment taste better.

Usually when I have french fries, it's less about the fries and more about satisfying my need for ketchup, and many times I'll order/make sushi just to satiate my urge for wasabi.

Sarcasmorator
01-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Del Taco. The closest one is a half-hour south in a town we rarely have reason to visit. When we go on trips to the L.A. or Sacramento areas I try my darnedest to make a special stop.

PapillonReel
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
I have a distinct craving for greek food right now. Gyros specifically.

Tanto
01-18-2010, 09:17 PM
I haven't had a cheese stick in weeks.

I want one.

Matchstick
01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
I haven't had a cheese stick in weeks.

I want one.

I've wanted one for months, but it will require a trip to Philly to really satisfy the craving for good.

estragon
01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
JAPAN NEEDS MEXICAN FOOD ARGGGHH

djSyndrome
01-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Del Taco. The closest one is a half-hour south in a town we rarely have reason to visit. When we go on trips to the L.A. or Sacramento areas I try my darnedest to make a special stop.

I love Del Taco, and there's one right across the street from school. Can't get Danielle to touch it, though.

My vice is Happi House (http://happihouse.com/), which is at least a two hour drive away :\

Brickroad
01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I already know I'm going to have to avoid this thread because I have this problem where cravings are contagious.

Like right now I want EasyMac and a taco. If you do that the world explodes.

DemoWeasel
01-18-2010, 10:17 PM
How would ground taco beef taste mixed in with mac n' cheese?

Hmm.

Sarcasmorator
01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
I love Del Taco, and there's one right across the street from school.

It's not the only fast food I'll eat, but it's the only fast food I really like. I have great memories of 1 a.m. Del Taco runs followed by four-hour Farscape marathons when we lived in Stockton.

Lucas
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM

Hmm.

Dunno, but it sounds delicious.

Pajaro Pete
01-18-2010, 10:29 PM

Hmm.

Like Hamburger Helper, I'd imagine.

ravinoff
01-18-2010, 11:04 PM
The Atlanta area has a small fast food chain named Martin's. Their biscuits are pretty fantastic and they have a rather impressive variety.

Sometimes I get a fierce craving for their pork tenderloin biscuit.

Ethan
01-19-2010, 05:34 AM
I spent the first semester of college subsisting on questionable deli sandwiches and personal pizzas from an on-campus cafe, plus frozen White Castle burgers, those Dutch-style butter cookies that come in a big tin, and instant Kraft macaroni & cheese packets. The cafe foods are out of my life because I left that college. Keeping the other three foods out of my life has taken some effort.

Macaroni and cheese is one of those foods that is so, so much better with even a tiny bit more effort. Starting with plain pasta allows you to make your own cheese sauce with grown-up things like herbs, garlic, and pancetta; and if it must be store-bought, the "all natural" varieties with white cheddar are still a massive step up from the realm of the clueless 18-year-old who has never shopped for himself before.

To answer the question: cans of mandarin orange slices that have been sitting in the freezer long enough to get icy, but not quite frozen solid. The best.

Chu
01-19-2010, 06:04 AM
JAPAN NEEDS MEXICAN FOOD ARGGGHH

Posaune
01-19-2010, 07:25 AM
I ate breakfast, so I am living the life without cravings.

Falselogic
01-19-2010, 11:53 AM
About twice a year I get a craving for a Dairy Queen Blizzard, not just any variety but a strawberry-Oreo blizzard. Last weekend was just such a time. Now before I moved to Davis, CA this craving wasn't a big deal I'd go to DQ, order it and eat. In Davis though getting a Blizzard requires preparation and steeling one's mind.

That is because the place is run by what appears to be Islamo-fascists. If it wasn't for the fact that I need DQ Strawberry-Oreo Blizzards on occasion, I'd never ever enter this fast food locale. Everytime I've gone in the Owner/Manager has been yelling in Arabic either at an employee or a customer. I once saw him throw a Dilly Bar at a customer, all of whom I believe are relatives of his?! The staff also somehow manages to make you feel unwelcome and unworthy of their attention even while you are giving them money! I feel guilty for even entering the store... To top it off, I don't think this place has received an A rating from the Food Safety Dept. in years it is always a B or C... I often get food poisoning after eating my Blizzard, yet I continue to go back

I am a pathetic sort of creature, willing to submit to every indecency and insult in order to get a Blizzard...

Epithet
01-19-2010, 01:34 PM
After reading this thread I suddenly want tiramisu, which is weird since I don't especially like it. It's alright, but the flavor of the coffee liquor kind of bothers me.

Dawnswalker
01-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Dude, falselogic, it's not worth it. They have ice cream at McDonalds too...

A few years ago, I read Fast Food Nation and subsequently went on the Fast Food Nation Diet. Wendys was what finally broke my resolve, and to this day, Wendys is the only damn burger place I ever want to go to.

Grignr
01-19-2010, 03:29 PM
A few years ago, I read Fast Food Nation and subsequently went on the Fast Food Nation Diet. Wendys was what finally broke my resolve, and to this day, Wendys is the only damn burger place I ever want to go to.

No, you're supposed to crave In-N-Out Burger, the One Virtuous Fast-Food Restaurant. But they don't have them in your state, so you eat at Five Guys instead.

Personal Crave: My trip to Hawaii was in September but I still crave Ramen Nakamura and Kiawe Grill.

Falselogic
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
Dude, falselogic, it's not worth it. They have ice cream at McDonalds too...

Ice Cream is inferior in every way to a Strawberry-Oreo Blizzard! Which is why I keep going back... I should just learn to drive the extra 10 or so miles to the next one

spineshark
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I want Pho always. Even when I finish a bowl, I think "I wish there was more" or "I wish I could eat more."

Rosencrantz
01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
French fries. I crave them every day, unless I've just been to a restaurant that offers bottomless fries and I'm stuffed full of 'em.

Sheana
01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Augh, french fries. I've been dying for some good crisp shoestring fries for years, and have yet to find any that satisfy. They're always either too fat and/or mushy. Oh how I long for the Steak 'N' Shakes of my youth, I haven't lived in a state that has 'em in ages.

Rosencrantz
01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm making my delicious homemade deep-fried French fries right now. I swear, they taste just like In n' Out fries.

Silent Noise
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Augh, french fries. I've been dying for some good crisp shoestring fries for years, and have yet to find any that satisfy. They're always either too fat and/or mushy. Oh how I long for the Steak 'N' Shakes of my youth, I haven't lived in a state that has 'em in ages.

I'm sorry Sheana but every Steak 'N' Shake I've been to in recent years the fries have been greasy and are just barely crispy.

cortbassist89
01-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Steak N Shake mini review: food is too small for too high a price

Red Hedgehog
01-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Things I crave most (in order):

1) Pastries with chocolate (e.g., Chocolate Chip cookies, chocolate muffins)

2) Yerba Mate

3) Authentic Mexican food

mopinks
01-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I want some horchata real bad