PDA

View Full Version : Weird Eating Habits

DemoWeasel
01-22-2010, 12:10 AM
So hey you guys, what are some of your odd eating habits?

EXAMPLE: Even though I'm not lactose intolerant or anything, I always take the cheese off of my pizza. It helps cut down on the fat!

Lucas
01-22-2010, 12:26 AM
If I've got a plate and utensils available, I'll prolong my pizza experience by eating the cheese/toppings and crust separately.

Balrog
01-22-2010, 06:51 AM
I cut up my spaghetti and eat it on crackers. I do the same thing with Hamburger Helper, it drove my parents crazy when I was a kid.

cortbassist89
01-22-2010, 06:58 AM
When I go to an ice cream place, if I get a double scoop I get a scoop of peanut butter cup ice cream atop a scoop of orange sherbet.

I don't think it's so weird but I've been assured it is by my friends and family.

Loki
01-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Damn, you guys are weird. I mean heck! Just eat the damn pizza.

I, um... eat bean sprouts one by one. Like french fries.

Marfy
01-22-2010, 08:49 AM
I have to have an entree, something sweet, and something crunchy at every meal. It used to be so bad that I would not feel full after a meal if it didn't meet those specifications. Pasta, yogurt, and a salad is a good example, but so is a burrito from Chipotle, some of their chips and a candy bar, which is why I am so fat. :(

Sheana
01-22-2010, 09:07 AM
If I don't watch it I have a weird OCD tendency to seperate out M&Ms by color and number before I eat them. In specific color-matched pairs.

SilentSnake
01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
I cut up my spaghetti and eat it on crackers. I do the same thing with Hamburger Helper, it drove my parents crazy when I was a kid.

Didn't you try to do a spaghetti hoagie once?

Calorie Mate
01-22-2010, 09:53 AM
When I was a little kid I used to try to eat things in even numbers. Like, I'd count to make sure I ate 14 or 16 M&Ms, and not 15, for example. Thankfully I don't give a rat's ass anymore.

DemoWeasel
01-22-2010, 10:03 AM
My brother used to eat his french fries by biting off the end and sucking the potato out of it.

Silent Noise
01-22-2010, 10:04 AM
I have to liquify jell-o in my mouth before I can swallow it.

upupdowndown
01-22-2010, 11:02 AM
When I was little I would mix ketchup and tartar sauce together for fish sticks.

Today if offered potato skins with sour cream on the side, I will mix ketchup with the sour cream and put the resulting pink deliciousness on the skins. Visually, it's totally gross.

When my sister was younger, the only way she would eat scopp ice cream would be if she stirred the ice cream until it melted into a soup. then she'd have the ice cream soup.

Calorie Mate
01-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Oh, I know one! I have this urge to inject myself with insulin after eating something. Weird!

Balrog
01-22-2010, 11:23 AM
If I don't watch it I have a weird OCD tendency to seperate out M&Ms by color and number before I eat them. In specific color-matched pairs.

I do that by color but doing that by number, that's...that's just sick.

Didn't you try to do a spaghetti hoagie once?

Yeah, it didn't work out.

Wolfgang
01-22-2010, 12:20 PM
After the gym, I like a banana dog, which is: a piece of wheat bread spread with chunky peanut butter and wrapped around a banana. Good eatin'!

When I was in high school, I had a friend who would eat four things: Cool Ranch Doritos, Franco American canned spaghetti, Domino's pizza and a bizarre sandwich made of Wonder bread, baloney, and Peanut Butter Crunch cereal. This entry might have gone in the Picky Eaters thread, if not for that last bit, there.

spineshark
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
After the gym, I like a banana dog, which is: a piece of wheat bread spread with chunky peanut butter and wrapped around a banana. Good eatin'!
That's not weird, that's brilliant! I am going to go do that right now.

taosterman
01-22-2010, 12:35 PM
I:

1) always eat hamburgers/sandwiches by eating exactly half of them, eating the middle of the remaining half, and then eating the crust in a straight loop
2) use mashed potatoes to pick up whatever other objects are on my plate and eat them together
3) meticulously eat the chocolate part of Reese's peanut butter cups and then eat the processed peanut butter part by itself (there's no wrong way to eat a Reese's, but I'm pretty sure this way comes close)
4) eat one of the cookie parts off of two Oreos and then combine the remaining halves to form a SUPER OREO

DemoWeasel
01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
3) meticulously eat the chocolate part of Reese's peanut butter cups and then eat the processed peanut butter part by itself (there's no wrong way to eat a Reese's, but I'm pretty sure this way comes close)

H..How the hell do you even do that?!

Bergasa
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
You people are freaks!

I don't have any of my own, but my sister is pretty weird like that. She eats pizza slices backwards ("The crust is the worst part anyway, get it out of the way") and always eats the vegetables off her plate first (same logic, I guess).

Mr. Sensible
01-22-2010, 01:17 PM
I have a tendency to eat a small dinner, then cram a bunch of unhealthy snacks down my gullet immediately before falling asleep. Sometimes I wash it all down with a big glass of milk. My roommate tells me that my nocturnal flatulence has scared the cat on more than one occasion.

Oh, that's not what we're talking about? Uh, I dunno. When I eat a bowl of ice cream, I always save the last third of the bowl for mashing into ice cream soup. Is that weird?

Lucas
01-22-2010, 01:22 PM
and always eats the vegetables off her plate first (same logic, I guess).

Yup. I do the same thing most of the time. Didn't realize it was weird.

Calorie Mate
01-22-2010, 01:25 PM

That's not weird, that's brilliant! I am going to go do that as soon as I get home.

taosterman
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
H..How the hell do you even do that?!

The shell isn't as attached to the filling as you might think. It's almost like an outer casing. Though it's a lot easier with the miniature ones.

Ethan
01-22-2010, 01:51 PM
("The crust is the worst part anyway, get it out of the way")

Chicago and Italy frown on this statement.

Sheana
01-22-2010, 02:04 PM
1) always eat hamburgers/sandwiches by eating exactly half of them, eating the middle of the remaining half, and then eating the crust in a straight loop

Whether it's a hamburger or a sandwich or what, I always eat the crust/outer edge first. I go in a circle all around the burger, leaving the delicious solid middle for last. This got me nicknamed Nibbles and Mousie by my family when younger.

Wolfgang
01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Mark Clark, the man who tries to hide the fact that he always carries around a hamburger with a single bite taken out of it!

1000 Internet to anyone who gets that without googling it! But since I'm the only one, you all lose.

Bergasa
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Yup. I do the same thing most of the time. Didn't realize it was weird.

Well, it's not that weird, but I just like to eat everything in proportion. That way you get variety in every bite.

BodhiTraveller
01-23-2010, 11:19 AM
I had a friend who would always eat her food from one side of the plate to the other, regardless of what was on the plate or how it was oriented once she got going.

This works fine when the starch and other goodstuffs form a dividing line perpendicular to the eater, but woe unto her otherwise.

Red Hedgehog
01-24-2010, 05:17 PM
I like to eat the skin off of grapes before I eat the center. There are several other foods where I like to eat the outside before the inside, but I can't think of any now besides hamentashen.

Silent Noise
01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I sometimes pick the individual juice sacks out of orange slices and eat them one by one.