The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games > Let's Play Already

Old 08-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
Eddie's was even better, though, he got it so that he only needed to change the image number for each image, and they were all sequential.
I'm nearly there.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
Eddie's was even better, though, he got it so that he only needed to change the image number for each image, and they were all sequential.
I don't understand how that's better, so perhaps I'm missing something? I don't need to change any numbers. The images are all just addressed automatically (and they're all ordered sequentially, less the gaps for the ones that I upload but decide not to use).
Old 08-11-2016, 09:13 AM
Holy Swine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
I don't understand how that's better, so perhaps I'm missing something? I don't need to change any numbers. The images are all just addressed automatically (and they're all ordered sequentially, less the gaps for the ones that I upload but decide not to use).
He didn't have to learn regular expressions?

You're looking at this from your perspective instead of mine!
Old 08-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Bertolli?!?...

lol, fair enough, although, to be clear, I just had to write them once, and I've been using the same set ever since.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Entourage of Her Grace

I'm just using Notepad, Infraview, MS Paint and HEART which means I'm probably a model of simplicity, but it sounds like JBear and Falselogic are doing less work.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
I'm just using Notepad, Infraview, MS Paint and HEART which means I'm probably a model of simplicity, but it sounds like JBear and Falselogic are doing less work.
What's this HEART thing? I've never heard of it.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Entourage of Her Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torzelbaum View Post
What's this HEART thing? I've never heard of it.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:49 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
really gets you into flow.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:30 AM
WHAT'S WRONG NERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAT ON 03-20-2015 02:24 PM View Post
NEXT TIME: THE UPDATE ABOUT TEXT THAT I MENTIONED LAST TIME I SAD NEXT TIME.
HAHA OH WOW OKAY LET'S DO THIS LIKE A YEAR AND THREE QUARTERS LATER WTFEVER

Shockingly, while Youtube Continues to re-design everything every other month, Youtube EDITOR is pretty much exactly the same as it was back in the dinosaur days when I wrote the first batch of these posts. So let's ease back into this hellhole nice and gentle, with one of the most simplistic, and also COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS tools, TITLES. They're found under the lowercase "a" tab at the top right of the whole shebang.

IT'S BEEN SO LONG, YOU THOUGHT I LEFT YOU

As you can see we have a few basic options, all of which are kind of just... ehhhgh. You know? Like, I don't HATE em, but I kinda hate em? You get me right? Yeah you get me. Whatever. Let's just grab, oh IDK, how about EVERY LAST ONE OF EM and dump em in our timeline.

BET NONE OF YOU COULD FIGURE OUT HOW THIS ONE WAS GONNA LOOK.

So first up is Centered Title which is exactly what it sounds like. You can have multiple lines of text, change the font, text size, text color and background color. It is literally the most boring thing imaginable, and should never be used by anyone.

MUCH BETTER

Banner allows you to put up to 2 lines of text, positioned and aligned however you want it, accompanied with a translucent banner behind said text. Note that in my screenshot I've set the banner to 50% opacity, so the RED bar over the BLUE background gives us PURPLE! if I moved the opacity slider to 100% it would be Red, while 0% would give us no banner at all. The banner height slider determines how tall the banner will be. I've set it to 25% because I think it frames the text properly at that level. If I added another line of text my text would be jutting out of the banner, so I'd have to make it bigger.

Banner does literally everything title does, with the only drawback being you're limited to 2 lines of text. And if your "Title" has more than 2 lines your title sucks and you should work on your naming skillz.

THE JOKE IS DRUGS

Fade fades in. And then fades out. You'd think there'd be some options for stuff like, how long should the fade-in/fade-out last or something like that but nope, the fade in always lasts exactly one second, and the fade out always lasts exactly one second. Completely fucking useless.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLFUCKYOU

You wanna know how bad Slide is? Well the ONLY POSSIBLE FUNCTION of sliding text is so you can a long spiel of words scroll across the screen. Like, where the full text is longer than the length of the screen so you can read it as it goes past, right? Well that picture you just scrolled past is the Slide text CUTTING OFF THE FRONT PART OF A LETTER because it would have been offscreen. You can change the direction it goes, so I made it go the wrong direction because lol who cares NEVER FUCKING USE THIS.

EH.

And then there's Zoom. Zoom zooms in! It never zooms out! You cannot choose how long it will zoom in for, it will zoom in for exactly one second, just like how fade will always fade in for exactly one second, and slide will slide in for exactly one second.

So yeah, it's exactly as useless as slide, only without any sort of DONE HERE extravaganza!

Well wow! All of those sound just godawful! Why would you even talk about this BEAT?

Find out, NEXT TIME!

Tags
how do i screenshot web , tech support