The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games > Let's Play Already

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Let's do a bit more exploring.

>e
North Market

>ne
Outskirts
The path before you leads away from the outskirts of Gurth City, meandering across the hills towards the southernmost edge of a vast forest.

>n
Birches
A graceful stand of birches has taken root amid the tangle of roots and underbrush.
Somebody has left a staff lying across the path.


More free stuff. But does that mean....

>take staff
Taken.
A cruel puppet drops out of the treetops!


Yup. Hello wandering monster!



This guy is the toughest we've seen yet, and can still easily kill Gladstone in one hit. Unless the readers insist, I won't be taking any risks while he's around, even to try to get objects. But running around in circles with him chasing is pretty safe.

>n
Catalpa
Your head brushes past the blossoms of a stately old catalpa tree, home of many an unseen songbird.
The cruel puppet swings in from the south.

>nw
Twilight
An ancient oak tree turns the day to twilight beneath the impressive sprawl of its branches.
A smooth scroll lies forgotten in the underbrush.
The cruel puppet swings in from the southeast.

>e
Willow
The limbs of an old, melancholy willow sway to and fro in the whispering breeze.
The cruel puppet swings in from the west.

>ne
Eerie Copse
A nameless blight has twisted the surrounding elms into sinister forms that creak and groan in the dry breeze.
The cruel puppet swings in from the southwest.

>ne
South Chasm
You're shivering on the south edge of a broad chasm. Clammy mists chill the air, and the ground trembles with the roar of a cataract.
Your heart sinks as you inspect the crude rope bridge spanning the chasm. A notice hangs near the bridge's entrance.

>read notice
The notice says,

ZENO'S BRIDGE
Cross at thy Own Risk


Hmmm. Back to explore more of the forest, or try out the bridge?

>stats
Gladstone Gander/Level 0 Male Peasant
EN:10 ST:06 DX:01 IQ:21 CM:08 LK:65 AC:01


Inventory:
Ishmael the shillelagh (wielded)
a staff
an old horseshoe
a rusty dagger
a rusty lantern
a pack (worn)
- a rumpled scroll (Blarn; something about yard improvements?)
- a limp weed (spenseweed)
- a stave
1 zorkmid

Puzzles:
  • Put your increased EN and ST to use and defeat a monster.
  • Dangerous lightning storms in the Fields of Frotzen.
  • Find a way out of the pub basement.
  • A wounded pterodactyl.
  • A locked stable stall with a unicorn and saddle inside.
  • Get more cash.
  • An unreachable curtain in each shop.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is online now
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 40,858
Default

If Dragon Quest has taught me nothing else, its that bridges are the gateways to EVEN STRONGER STILL monsters.

And you might as well make the first monster you are capable of defeating something special.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Sky Render's Avatar
Sky Render Sky Render is offline
Not for resale
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,966
Default

I bet the old woman at the magic shop could tell you more about your own magical items. Perhaps quizzing her on the properties of your various staves and scrolls would be wise...
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Taeryn's Avatar
Taeryn Taeryn is offline
-ryn
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 2,373
Default

I agree about asking the magic shoppe woman about our magical items and I say we test our new STR and END against that stupid vapor. I always hated him stealing all my stuff constantly! Then keep exploring. Maybe we'll find some more goodies laying around...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Mr. J's Avatar
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
MassiveOnlineBunnyArena
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
I agree about asking the magic shoppe woman about our magical items and I say we test our new STR and END against that stupid vapor. I always hated him stealing all my stuff constantly! Then keep exploring. Maybe we'll find some more goodies laying around...
I'll second that. If we have trouble with the vapor then maybe we can try the basement again.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Sporophyte's Avatar
Sporophyte Sporophyte is offline
Shields must fall
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Posts: 1,307
Default

Grind rats in the basement until you are level 99. The faq says that is the only way you can beat the next boss!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Kahran042 Kahran042 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeastern New Hampshire
Posts: 934
Default

I'll put in another vote for the basement.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
If Dragon Quest has taught me nothing else, its that bridges are the gateways to EVEN STRONGER STILL monsters.

And you might as well make the first monster you are capable of defeating something special.
I can't tell if that's a vote for or against the bridge. But what kind of adventurer comes across a bridge and doesn't cross it right away?

>n
Halfway to the North End
The entire bridge jerks and sways as you struggle to keep your footing on the slippery ropes. Clammy mist obscures your view of either end.
A closed umbrella dangles uncertainly from one of the ropes.

>take umbrella
Taken.

>n
3/4 of the Way to the North End
The entire bridge jerks ans sways as you struggle to keep your footing on the slippery ropes. Your ears ring from the roar of water far below.


Um.

>n
7/8 of the Way to the North End
The entire bridge jerks ans sways as you struggle to keep your footing on the slippery ropes. Both edges of the chasm are obscured in the clammy mist.

>n
15/16 of the Way to the North End
The entire bridge jerks ans sways as you struggle to keep your footing on the slippery ropes. The deafening roar of water is giving you a headache.


Okay, it's starting to look like we'll never get to the north end of the bridge. Maybe we should just turn back.

>s
17/32 of the Way to the South End

>s
49/64 of the Way to the South End


Yikes. No getting back, either? Well, as long as we're here, might as well see how crazy this gets. (Also, the omitted room descriptions have been starting to repeat.)

113/128 of the Way to the South End
241/256 of the Way to the South End
497/512 of the Way to the South End
1009/1024 of the Way to the South End
2033/2048 of the Way to the South End
4081/4096 of the Way to the South End
8177/8192 of the Way to the South End
About 16369/16384 of the Way to the South End
Immeasurably Close to the South End
Immeasurably Close to the South End


If you don't get it, see Zeno's Paradoxes on Wikipedia.

Anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Render View Post
I bet the old woman at the magic shop could tell you more about your own magical items. Perhaps quizzing her on the properties of your various staves and scrolls would be wise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
I agree about asking the magic shoppe woman about our magical items
Okay, back to a save game from the start of this post, then back to the Gurth City Magick Shoppe.

>restore

[RESTORE completed.]

South Chasm

>sw
Eerie Copse
The cruel puppet swings in from the south.

>sw
Willow
The cruel puppet swings in from the northeast.

>se
Pine Grove
A carpet of amber softens your footsteps between the rows of tall, sweet-smelling pines.
The cruel puppet swings in from the northwest.

>sw
Birches
The cruel puppet swings in from the northeast.

>s
Outskirts

>sw
North Market

>w
Magick Shoppe
An old woman is keeping an eye on you.

>ask woman about scroll
"Your basic scroll of Mischief. Big fun at parties. This used one's worth 1 zorkmid."

>ask woman about staff
"Behold! A staff of Eversion. Makes things turn inside-out. Used, it's worth about 10 zorkmids."

>ask woman about stave
"This is a stave of Anesthesia. Aim this at a creature and watch it stagger. A used one like this goes for 10 zorkmids."


Useful information. Maybe she knows about more than just magical things? Let's ask about absolutely everything just to see if she says something interesting.

>ask woman about Ishmael
The old woman glances at Ishmael. "Can't tell you much about this here," she mutters. "Bet the weapon shop in Accardi would know something, though."

>ask woman about horseshoe
"A charm to ward off ill luck. This used one's worth 2 zorkmids."

>ask woman about dagger
The old woman glances at the rusty dagger. "Can't tell you much about this here," she mutters. "Bet the weapon shop in Accardi would know something, though."

>ask woman about lantern
"Antiques are big nowadays. Used, it's worth about 2 zorkmids."

>ask woman about weed
"Spenseweed, of course. A wholesome treat. A used one like this goes for 2 zorkmids."

>ask woman about pack
The old woman glances at the pack. "Can't tell you much about this here," she mutters. "Bet the boutique in Mizniaport would know something, though."

>ask woman about zorkmid
"My favorite subject."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
I say we test our new STR and END against that stupid vapor. I always hated him stealing all my stuff constantly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
I'll second that.
Alright. After hiking back to the moor...

Deep Mist
A pterodactyl is hobbling around in slow, painful circles. One of its wings is pierced by an arrow. A whistle hangs on a chain around its skinny neck.
The eldritch vapor coalesces out of the surrounding mist. "Cootchy-cootchy-coo!"

>hit vapor
[with Ishmael]
Ishmael gravely wounds the eldritch vapor.
The eldritch vapor whispers an obscene secret in your ear. "Woo-woo-woo!"

>hit vapor
[with Ishmael]
Ishmael seriously wounds the eldritch vapor.
The eldritch vapor pokes you where you ought not to be poked. "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"
[Your endurance just went down.]


Ow, 5/10 HP. Just to be safe, I'll spend a turn to regain 1:

>parry
You leap away from the eldritch vapor's attack.
The pterodactyl snaps at you with its beak.
The eldritch vapor tries to snatch your pack from your grasp, and nearly succeeds. Instead, it encircles your rusty dagger and spirits it away!


Oh no you don't. After it! Uh, which way did it go?

>nw
Mud Flats
The eldritch vapor is waiting for you.
A rusty dagger lies at your feet.
The eldritch vapor giggles when it sees you.

>hit vapor
[with Ishmael]
You strike at the eldritch vapor with Ishmael, but miss.
The eldritch vapor giggles insanely. "Boo!"

>again
[with Ishmael]
You swing at the eldritch vapor with Ishmael, missing by a hair.
The eldritch vapor tries to snatch your pack from your grasp, and nearly succeeds. Instead, it encircles your rusty lantern and spirits it away!

>n
Noises
The eldritch vapor coalesces out of the surrounding mist. "Nyeah, nyeah!"

>hit vapor with Ishmael
You strike at the eldritch vapor with Ishmael, nearly hitting it.
The eldritch vapor infiltrates your naughty bits. "Cootchy-cootchy-coo!"
[Your endurance just went down.]


7/10. Nothing to worry about.

>again
Ishmael noticeably wounds the eldritch vapor.
The eldritch vapor darts around your head, just out of reach.

>thrust Ishmael at vapor
You strike at the eldritch vapor with Ishmael, just barely missing.
The eldritch vapor tickles you in a sensitive place. "Woo-woo-woo!"
[Your endurance just went down.]

>hit vapor with Ishmael
You swing at the eldritch vapor with Ishmael, but miss.
The eldritch vapor tries to snatch your pack from your grasp, but fails.
A fresh wind blows from a new direction.

>again
You deal the eldritch vapor a decisive blow with Ishmael!
The eldritch vapor disappears in a spectral flash.
[Your experience just went up. You have achieved the rank of Level 1 Male Peasant.]


Huzzah! Let's rest a bit to recover the last few missing Endurance points.

>z
Time passes.
A guttersnipe streaks out of the mist!
[Your endurance is back to normal.]


An elusive creature, unfortunately not listed in The Lore and Legends of Quendor.

>x guttersnipe
The guttersnipe's beak is almost a foot long, and sharp as a needle. He appears to be in excellent condition.
The guttersnipe closes in with its sharp beak!
[Your endurance just went down.]


A mean, elusive creature. He's a bit tougher than the eldritch vapor, but Gladstone just gained some more HP too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. J View Post
If we have trouble with the vapor then maybe we can try the basement again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporophyte View Post
Grind rats in the basement until you are level 99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran042 View Post
I'll put in another vote for the basement.
Unfortunately, we still have no way to get out of the basement. [The intended way out requires a better DX stat before entering. There are other ways out, but none available to Gladstone at this point.]

>stats
Gladstone Gander/Level 1 Male Peasant
EN:13/16 ST:06 DX:01 IQ:21 CM:08 LK:65 AC:01


Inventory:
Ishmael the shillelagh (wielded)
a rusty dagger (left nearby during the vapor fight)
a rusty lantern (stolen during the vapor fight; must be nearby)
a pack (worn)
- a staff of Eversion (turns things inside out)
- an old horseshoe
- a scroll of Mischief (Blarn; something about yard improvements?)
- a limp weed (spenseweed)
- a stave of Anesthesia
1 zorkmid

Puzzles:
  • Dangerous lightning storms in the Fields of Frotzen.
  • Find a way out of the pub basement.
  • A wounded pterodactyl.
  • A locked stable stall with a unicorn and saddle inside.
  • Get more cash.
  • An unreachable curtain in each shop.
  • Zeno's Bridge.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Mr. J's Avatar
Mr. J Mr. J is offline
MassiveOnlineBunnyArena
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,338
Default

let's use the stave of Anesthesia on the pterodactyl, maybe then we can get the whistle. We may need to run away from the guttersnipe first though.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Gogmagog Gogmagog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Get on the bridge, get the umbrella, then pull a Mary Poppins.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is online now
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 40,858
Default

Thats what the game WANTS you to think!

You gonna let some stupid bridge make you look like a chump? Are you?

I should think not! You take Ishmael and you go SICKNUTS on that bridge!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Mogri's Avatar
Mogri Mogri is offline
Yes, let's feast!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14,048
Default

>go sicknuts on bridge

You don't see any exit leading sicknuts from here.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

No sense running away before we at least try to kill this guttersnipe.

>hit snipe
[with Ishmael]
Ishmael dangerously wounds the guttersnipe.
The guttersnipe's beak barely misses your eye.

>hit snipe with Ishmael
Ishmael gravely wounds the guttersnipe.
The guttersnipe gives you a nasty peck!
[Your endurance just went down.]
You feel the wind changing direction.


4/18. Yeah, gotta run this time. Gladstone exits the moor and heals up, but then returns to at least reclaim the dagger and lantern. Then, Round 2!

>hit snipe with Ishmael
You swing at the guttersnipe with Ishmael, missing by a hair.
The guttersnipe's beak closes in again!
[Your endurance just went down.]


Ow, the max 10 damage. At 8/18, but it wouldn't get that lucky the next turn, would it?

>again
Ishmael dangerously wounds the guttersnipe.
The guttersnipe pecks you hard!
[Your endurance just went down.]
Your last ounce of endurance gives out.

Death
You are dead.

Do you want to restore a previously saved game, restart from the beginning, or quit?


Oh dear. Maybe we'll save that guttersnipe for later. All suggestions involving the pterodactyl will have to wait until it's dealt with, too.

After restoring and replaying a little bit, Gladstone arrives with all his inventory back at the south end of Zeno's Bridge.

South Chasm
You're shivering on the south edge of a broad chasm. Clammy mists chill the air, and the ground trembles with the roar of a cataract.
Your heart sinks as you inspect the crude rope bridge spanning the chasm. A notice hangs near the bridge's entrance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Thats what the game WANTS you to think!

You gonna let some stupid bridge make you look like a chump? Are you?

I should think not! You take Ishmael and you go SICKNUTS on that bridge!
Once again, I can't actually tell what you're suggesting. But I'll do my best.

>go sicknuts on bridge
[The word "sicknuts" isn't in the vocabulary that you can use.]

>attack bridge
[with Ishmael]
Attacking the bridge with Ishmael isn't likely to help matters.

>cut bridge
[with the rusty dagger]
A safety nymph appears on your keyboard. "Careful with that dagger!" she scolds, wagging a tiny finger. "You might hurt yourself. Bye!"
She disappears with a wink.


I had actually not seen that before.

>n
[B]Halfway to the North End
The entire bridge jerks and sways as you struggle to keep your footing on the slippery ropes. Clammy mist obscures your view of either end.
A closed umbrella dangles uncertainly from one of the ropes.
You feel the wind changing direction.

>go crazy
[You don't need to use the word "crazy" to complete this story.]

>dance
[This story doesn't recognize the word "dance."]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogmagog View Post
Get on the bridge, get the umbrella, then pull a Mary Poppins.
>take umbrella
Taken.

>open umbrella
You snap open the umbrella.

>fly
Psst! Guess what? You can't fly unassisted.


Oh yeah? Watch this!

>jump
You leap off the slippery ropes and drift down towards the raging water.
Rip! A gust of spray tears the broken umbrella from your grasp a little too soon, and you hit the freezing water...




You slowly come to your senses.

Babbling Brook
A footpath emerges from the shadow of a forbidding forest, curving southwest along the edge of a brook.
Ishmael lies at your feet.
A rusty dagger lies at your feet.
You see a rusty lantern and a broken umbrella here.
[Your endurance just went down.]


Whew. Gladstone is lucky to survive, with just one HP left. But it looks like he ended up somewhere new.

>take all
Ishmael: Taken.
The rusty dagger: Taken.
The rusty lantern: Taken.
The broken umbrella: Taken.

>close umbrella
You can't close the broken umbrella anymore.

>wield Ishmael
You wield Ishmael.

>z. z. z. z. z
Time passes.

Time passes.

Time passes.

Time passes.
The wind changes direction again.

Time passes.
[Your endurance is back to normal.]

>w
Clearing
Soft rays of sunlight filter down through the overhanging trees.
An inscription is carved upon the face of an enormous boulder.

>read inscription
The carved inscription reads,


Quote:
"Never ahead, ever behind,
Yet flying swiftly past;
For a child, I last forever,
For adults, I'm gone too fast.
What am I?"
A fresh wind blows from a new direction.

A standard text adventure magic riddle! Often just saying the answer while near such an inscription will have some magical effect. You knew that of course, but I felt like I had to comment something here.

>n
Eerie Copse

>ne
South Chasm


Oh. So jumping from the rope bridge left us nearby, where we could have gotten by just exploring a bit more.

Lesson taken: let's explore farther.

>sw
Eerie Copse

>s
Clearing
An inscription is carved upon the face of an enormous boulder.

>e
Babbling Brook

>se
Tidal Flats
The ocean smell is strong here, where a nameless brook meets the tidal flast of the Great Sea. One road follows the water inland; another spans a bridge to the northeast.
A white patch of brine is drying in the sun.

>x patch
A shallow pool of seawater must have evaporated here.

>se
Ledge
This narrow path curves along a rocky ledge overlooking the sea. You press your back against the sheer cliff wall, trying not to hear the waves crashing on the rocks, far below.
An inscription is carved upon the face of the cliff.

>read inscription
The carved inscription reads,


Quote:
"My tines be long,
My tines be short,
My tines end ere my first report.
What am I?"
Hey, another one. Added to the list of puzzles.

>sw
Cove
Gulls circle the far end of a wharf extending east across the cove. The street is dotted with shanties bleached by years of sun and salt.


Looks a bit familiar.

>e
Wharf
An old sailor is seated before an easel, dabbing color onto a canvas.


Oh yeah, this guy. Back near where the whole thing started. The places seen so far make a sort of big loop. The Rusty Lantern pub at the east, Mizniaport at the south, Gurth City at the west, Zeno's Bridge at the northwest, and Fields of Frotzen in the middle.

It's not worth updating my crummy clip art map, is it? Since, you know, you just suggest where to do something or to what, and I take care of getting us back to that place or thing first.

There's one more obvious way to explore, back northeast of that patch of drying sea-salt. I'll get to that next update.

>stats
Gladstone Gander/Level 1 Male Peasant
EN:18 ST:06 DX:01 IQ:21 CM:08 LK:65 AC:01


Inventory:
Ishmael the shillelagh (wielded)
a rusty lantern
a rusty dagger
a pack (worn)
- a broken umbrella
- a staff of Eversion (turns things inside out)
- an old horseshoe
- a scroll of Mischief (Blarn; something about yard improvements?)
- a limp weed (spenseweed)
- a stave of Anesthesia
1 zorkmid

Puzzles:
  • Dangerous lightning storms in the Fields of Frotzen.
  • Find a way out of the pub basement.
  • A wounded pterodactyl.
  • A locked stable stall with a unicorn and saddle inside.
  • Get more cash.
  • An unreachable curtain in each shop.
  • Zeno's Bridge.
  • Deal with the guttersnipe.
  • Two riddles carved in stone.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Gerad's Avatar
Gerad Gerad is offline
Holy Swine
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,318
Default

I believe riddle 1 is "time". I have no clue on riddle 2.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Mogri's Avatar
Mogri Mogri is offline
Yes, let's feast!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14,048
Default

The letter E, or something along those lines.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 02-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Sky Render's Avatar
Sky Render Sky Render is offline
Not for resale
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,966
Default

I dunno, last I checked the letter E doesn't have tines. Forks do, though. But what kind of fork fits that description?
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Hirayuki's Avatar
Hirayuki Hirayuki is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 47
Default

Forks of lightning.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Taeryn's Avatar
Taeryn Taeryn is offline
-ryn
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 2,373
Default

clearly we need to use the inversion wand to turn some things inside out. here's some possibilities

- the old woman in one of the stores
- the old painter
- an enemy
- ourselves
- a container... like the backpack
- the unicorn

"the spenseweed is most effective when applied directly to a wound." the pterodactyl is wounded...

re: the map - i have the map that came with the game. Either I can scan it and edit the map to mask out the places we haven't been or I can email it to our LPer...
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:27 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
re: the map - i have the map that came with the game. Either I can scan it and edit the map to mask out the places we haven't been or I can email it to our LPer...
Loki already linked to that map in the first post. It could just use some labels. ... Hey yeah, that would be easier, and much prettier. I'll get right on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
clearly we need to use the inversion wand to turn some things inside out.
I'll be able to work most of your suggestions into this update along the way. Of course, some of those things are right here.

>take eversion
You take the staff of Eversion out of the pack.

>point it at sailor
Blit! A zone of negative geometry forms in the space around the old sailor, effectively turning him inside out. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment, and leaves the old sailor looking rather upset.
[Your strength just went down.]
The old sailor touches up a spot on his painting.


Using a wand-type item drains your strength temporarily. (This makes using some types in combat less useful.) Gladstone will need to rest a bit between uses to avoid death by magical overexertion.

>z
Time passes.

>z
Time passes.
[Your strength is back to normal.]

>point eversion at me
Blit! A zone of negative geometry forms in the space around your body. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment.
[Your strength just went down.]

>z. z
Time passes.
You feel the wind changing direction.

Time passes.
The old sailor pauses to squint at his handiwork.

>z
Time passes.
[Your strength is back to normal.]

>point eversion at pack
Blit! A zone of negative geometry forms in the space around the pack, effectively turning it inside out. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment; but you catch a glimpse of some things inside.
[Your strength just went down.]

>z
Time passes.

>z
Time passes.
The old sailor dabs a bit more paint onto the canvas.
[Your strength is back to normal.]


One more just for fun?

>point eversion at canvas
The staff of Eversion sputters uselessly. Its virtue seems to be exhausted.


Aww, limited uses per object. But don't worry, I can RESTORE right now, and in the future UNDO any zap that doesn't get us anywhere.

>restore

[RESTORE completed.]

[B]Wharf
Dank, fishy smells permeate this old wharf to its very bones. Far below, you hear the slurp of oily seawater against the piers.
An old sailor is seated before an easel, dabbing color onto a canvas.

>take eversion
You take the staff of Eversion out of the pack.

>point it at canvas
Blit! A zone of negative energy forms in the space around the canvas, effectively turning it inside out. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment.
[Your strength just went down.]

>undo

[UNDO completed.]

Wharf
Dank, fishy smells permeate this old wharf to its very bones. Far below, you hear the slurp of oily seawater against the piers.
An old sailor is seated before an easel, dabbing color onto a canvas.


Like so. Seems Eversion has surprisingly little effect on living things, and essentially none on most non-living things. There was a hint of a more useful effect when we zapped the pack, though.

Now, as promised, Gladstone is off to explore to the northeast.

>w
"See y'later," chuckles the salt as you walk away.

Cove

>ne
Ledge
An inscription is carved upon the face of the cliff.

>nw
Tidal Flats
A white patch of brine is drying in the sun.

>ne
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Home of the most famous of all Enchanters' Guilds, Accardi is usually crowded with autograph seekers and hopeful young apprentices. But the crooked streets are oddly quiet today.
A weapon shop stands near the bridge leading out of town.


As you may have guessed if you were paying attention, there's a third shop here in Accardi. There's always time for shopping. Even if it's just window shopping for now.

>open door
You open the front door.

>w
Weapon Shop
Lethal instruments of iron and steel crowd every inch of this tiny establishment. The gleam of polished metal makes your fist clench with expensive fantasies of aggression.
Your attention comes to rest on a glass display case near the open front door. Another exit is partly concealed by a curtain.
An old woman is keeping an eye on you.


Target acquired.

>point eversion at woman
Blit! A zone of negative geometry forms in the space around the old woman, effectively turning her inside out. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment.
"Very funny," she remarks, regaining her composure.
[Your strength just went down.]

>undo

[UNDO completed.]

Weapon Shop
Lethal instruments of iron and steel crowd every inch of this tiny establishment. The gleam of polished metal makes your fist clench with expensive fantasies of aggression.
Your attention comes to rest on a glass display case near the open front door. Another exit is partly concealed by a curtain.
An old woman is watching every move you make.


Anyway, the shop setup is familiar. I'll skip trying to get to the curtain this time.

>x display case
The interior of the glass display case is lined with shelves, upon which you see a silver scabbard, a battleaxe and a longsword.

>ask woman about scabbard
The old woman scrutinizes the silver scabbard with care. "Hmm," she mutters. "There may be a virtue in this silver scabbard beyond its simple face value. Perhaps you should bring it to the Magick Shoppe in Gurth City."


That's neat. But she forgot to mention the price. Does it happen to be one?

>buy scabbard
[with your zorkmid]
The old woman shakes her head firmly. "My price is 80 zorkmids, dear."

>ask woman about battleaxe
"A real skull-cleaver, that one. A rare bargain at 40 zormkids."

>ask woman about sword
"Of ancient elvish workmanship, if I'm not mistaken. I'd part with it for 100 zorkmids."


And now to see if she has any comments on our weapons, since the other woman referred us here about those.

>show Ishmael to woman
"Many an orc's skull bears the mark of this shillelagh. This used one's worth 10 zorkmids."


Really? Wonder who had it before I fished it out of the ocean.

>show dagger to woman
"Suitable for cleaning fish, I suppose. Used, it's worth about 5 zorkmids."


Should have saved the more impressive one for last, maybe. That's all in here.

>e
Accardi-by-the-Sea

>e
Outside Guild Hall
Before you stands the headquarters of The Accardi Chapter of the Guild of Enchanters, better known as "The Circle." Its legendary membership and mighty deeds need no introduction.

>x hall
The Guild Hall is as vast and majestic as you always imagined it. A permanent REZROV spell holds the front gate wide open.


Oh, hey. Maybe we can see the famous enchanter Kahran042!

>n
A tiny warning nymph appears, floating in the air beside your ear. "There's no one here right now," she squeaks, "so you'd better not come in. Bye!"
She disappears with a wink.


Oh well. Maybe later.

>w
A noise makes you hesitate.
A burst of hollow laughter echoes up and down the street. You turn, but see no one.
There's a faint, electrical tension in the air.
The invisible voice chuckles again, and the tension in the air rises.

>listen
You don't hear anything special.
Blue planes of energy form in the space around you. Their patterns of intersection whirl around a vortex of laughter, growing in power and malevolence...

Outside Guild Hall
Before you stands the headquarters of The Accardi Chapter of the Guild of Enchanters, better known as "The Circle." Its legendary membership and mighty deeds need no introduction.
A monkey grinder is loafing nearby.



Neither his entrance nor the book entry makes me think this guy is going to be friendly. Better try to get in the first strike.

>attack monkey grinder
[with Ishmael]
The monkey grinder easily avoids Ishmael.
The monkey grinder looks you up and down. "Peasants," he sniffs, adjusting a knob on his hurdy-gurdy. "Like unto sheep."
He turns the crank of the hurdy-gurdy, and the air is filled with the combined stench of five herds of sheep, accompanied by a cacophany of hateful bleating.
[Your endurance just went down.]

>again
[Ishmael]
The monkey grinder easily avoids Ishmael.
Ignoring you for the moment, the monkey grinder strides across to the Guild Hall's entrance.
A warning nymph appears beside his ear. "There's no one here right now," she squeaks, "so you'd better not... Oomph!" This last exclamation is the warning nymph's last; for, quick as a wink, the monkey grinder snatches it out of the air and crushes it in his fist. "Miserable pests."
[Your endurance is back to normal.]


Nasty. But with the nymph gone, can we get in the Guild door?

>n
The monkey grinder steps into your path, laughing.
The monkey grinder turns around. "Still here?" he cries, adjusting his hurdy-gurdy.
He turns the crank again, and a wall of imaginary flame springs up around you. You wail as your skin burns with synthetic agony.
[Your endurance just went down.]
You feel the wind changing direction.


As you might guess from how he "easily avoided Ishmael" repeatedly, this jerk is too fast to be hit with a weapon. Seems to be nothing for Gladstone to do but retreat. Oh, and although his first hit happened to be a scratch for 2, this second one was more hefty, leaving Gladstone at 4/18 HP.

>w
"Coward!" taunts the monkey grinder as you duck out of range.

Accardi-by-the-Sea


Okay, we had a guess at the boulder riddle.

>sw
Tidal Flats
A white patch of brine is drying in the sun.

>nw
Babbling Brook

>z
Time passes.

>z
Time passes.
The wind changes direction again.

>z
Time passes.
[Your endurance is back to normal.]

>w
Clearing
An inscription is carved upon the face of an enormous boulder.
A fresh wind blows from a new direction.

>read inscription
The carved inscription reads,


Quote:
"Never ahead, ever behind,
Yet flying swiftly past;
For a child, I last forever,
For adults, I'm gone too fast.
What am I?"
The cruel puppet swings in from the north.

>time
This is a timeless tale.

>say time
You can't see any time here.


The game isn't getting it, because that's not the answer. Seems almost right, but the "never ahead" part doesn't quite fit "time".

You're on the right track, though.

Around to the other riddle...

>e
Babbling Brook

>se
Tidal Flats
A white patch of brine is drying in the sun.

>se
Ledge
An inscription is carved upon the face of the cliff.

>read inscription
The carved inscription reads,


Quote:
"My tines be long,
My tines be short,
My tines end ere my first report.
What am I?"
And the guesses for this one:

>letter e
[The word "letter" isn't in the vocabulary that you can use.]

>E
You'd plummet into the sea if you went that way.


Oh, right, just "e" means "go east". Then how about:

>say e
A hollow voice says, "Fool!"
You feel the wind changing direction.


Huh. Don't know why it does that.

>fork
[You don't need to use the word "fork" to complete this story.]

>lightning
Kerblam! A blast from the sky sends you sprawling over the brink of the ledge! You grab onto a rocky outcrop and manage to drag yourself back up to safety.

Ledge
This narrow path curves along a rocky ledge overlooking the sea. You try not to hear the waves crashing on the rocks, far below.
An opening has been blasted into the sheer cliff wall.


Well, that was something. Congrats to Hirayuki. In we go!

>w
Lighthouse
An ancient lighthouse stands upon this secret plateau, looming in dark silhouette against the sky. Crumbled steps lead up into its shadowy interior.

>u
You ascend the steps.

Lighthouse, 1st Level
A welcome patch of daylight is visible at the bottom of the stairway.
A giant spider crawls in from the northeast passage!


Dungeon time. This spider ranks about the same as that guttersnipe. The snipe is hanging out near the pterodactyl, and there are a couple of suggestions to try there. But beyond the spider is quite probably some new loot. Which to take care of first?

Oh, almost forgot!

>point eversion at spider
Blit! A zone of negative geometry forms in the space around the giant spider, effectively turning it inside out. This disconcerting effect lasts only for a moment, and leaves the giant spider looking madder than ever.
[Your strength just went down.]
The giant spider closes in with its mandibles!
[Your endurance just went down.]


>stats
Gladstone Gander/Level 1 Male Peasant
EN:18 ST:06 DX:01 IQ:21 CM:08 LK:65 AC:01


Inventory:
Ishmael the shillelagh (wielded)
a rusty lantern
a rusty dagger
a pack (worn)
- a broken umbrella
- a staff of Eversion (turns things inside out)
- an old horseshoe
- a scroll of Mischief (Blarn; something about yard improvements?)
- a limp weed (spenseweed)
- a stave of Anesthesia
1 zorkmid

Puzzles:
  • Dangerous lightning storms in the Fields of Frotzen.
  • Find a way out of the pub basement.
  • A wounded pterodactyl.
  • A locked stable stall with a unicorn and saddle inside.
  • Get more cash.
  • An unreachable curtain in each shop.
  • Zeno's Bridge.
  • Deal with the guttersnipe.
  • A riddle carved in a boulder.
  • Deal with the monkey grinder.
  • Deal with the giant spider and explore the lighthouse.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Taeryn's Avatar
Taeryn Taeryn is offline
-ryn
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 2,373
Default

ok, well, the inversion wand clearly is not a weapon, but a puzzle solution.

when we rode the gondola, it took a lot of trouble to mention all the support towers and a conspicuous ladder down. In a game with magic wands, the need to explain gondola support systems seems like the game is saying we must be able to go down that ladder and explore the highly dangerous jungle! Didn't gondola guy mention some super valuable jewel? that would solve our money problems... I'm sure it won't be guarded...

about the map. I got BZ with the sci-fi collection (including Hitchiker's Guide, AMFV, Planetfall, Stationfall and... i think one other game) They all came with maps. Room names, items in each room, etc. I could post it, but it might have some spoilers in it, so, I was thinking that I'd mask the stuff we haven't seen yet in photoshop or something. We've almost seen the whole map, so there's not much to spoiler, but there is a fair bit we haven't seen yet.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Mr. Sensible's Avatar
Mr. Sensible Mr. Sensible is offline
Spear of Justice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA/TN
Posts: 4,764
Default

The answer to the boulder-carved riddle is "a moment."
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Sky Render's Avatar
Sky Render Sky Render is offline
Not for resale
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,966
Default

I think the wording on that boulder may well be why it's so hard to figure out. The correct answer is time-related, but not in the direct sense. It's more of a derived component of time, specific to living things...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Mogri's Avatar
Mogri Mogri is offline
Yes, let's feast!
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14,048
Default

Youth.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Taeryn's Avatar
Taeryn Taeryn is offline
-ryn
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 2,373
Default

i took the loki map and combined it with my map. Hopefully this will help everyone orient themselves and maybe hint at some places we haven't been to yet. Once we've explored more, I'll reveal those parts of the map.


Last edited by Taeryn; 02-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Umby's Avatar
Umby Umby is offline
Bob
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,580
Default

I would believe the answer to the riddle would be "life".
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is online now
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 40,858
Default

Spiders are just awful, don't you think?

I think so.

Kill that spider. With your whackin' stick!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
i took the loki map and combined it with my map.
That map is excellent.

Other readers making the LP better: also excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
schep schep is offline
Level 2 Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Spiders are just awful, don't you think?

I think so.

Kill that spider. With your whackin' stick!
I actually don't think spiders are all that bad. But Gladstone disagrees. I'll be marking Gladstone's current ENdurance in gray, since you'd normally be able to see that in the status bar.

>hit spider with Ishmael
Ishmael gravely wounds the giant spider.
The giant spider closes in with its mandibles!
[Your endurance just went down.]
(14/18)

>again
Ishmael dangerously wounds the giant spider.
The giant spider gives you a nasty sting!
[Your endurance just went down.]
(12/18)

>again
Ishmael seriously wounds the giant spider.
The giant spider tries to grab you with its mandibles.

>again
You deal the giant spider a decisive blow with Ishmael!
The giant spider retreats down the passageway, its wounds oozing with vile ichors.
[Your experience just went up.]

>e
Creaky Corner
Rotten floorboards creak with age as you tiptoe across them.
A rod lies half-hidden in a corner.

>take rod
Taken.

>n
Crumbling Walls
Uneven rays of daylight seep in through walls crumbling with age.

>e
Room of Gloom
The dusty light streaming in from the west only deepens the gloom of this forgotten chamber. A narrow flight of steps winds upward.

>u
You ascend the steps.

Lighthouse, 2nd Level
The steps winding downward are choked in a tangle of shadows and useless debris.
[Your endurance is back to normal.]

>sw
Chamber of Light
Planes of daylight slice the air through cracks in the walls and ceiling.
A slug is squishing across the debris.
The slug whirls to face you!


We'll come back to the lighthouse later, but there are plenty more suggestions to follow up on in this update. Heading over to...

Clearing
An inscription is carved upon the face of an enormous boulder.

>read inscription
The carved inscription reads,

Quote:
"Never ahead, ever behind,
Yet flying swiftly past;
For a child, I last forever,
For adults, I'm gone too fast.
What am I?"
>say moment
[This story doesn't recognize the word "moment."]

>say life
[The word "life" isn't in the vocabulary that you can use.]

>say youth
"Behold the Pool of Eternal Youth."
The hollow voice fades in the air as beams of sunlight converge on the clearing, forming a shallow pool of radiance that flows and ripples like a golden liquid.
Clearing
Soft rays of sunlight filter down through the overhanging trees, forming a circular pool of radiance.
An inscription is carved upon the face of an enormous boulder.

>touch pool
You feel a refreshing tingle.


Interesting, isn't it? Next, to get that brand new rod identified...

Magick Shoppe
An old woman is eyeing you curiously.

>show rod to woman
"Ah, yes! A rod of Annihilation. Instant death, with few exceptions. A used one like this goes for 10 zorkmids."


Also interesting. Remember, we'll only be able to use this a few times over the whole game. Or if you want extra cool points, we could sell it right away, to prove we have no need for such cheap tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeryn View Post
when we rode the gondola, it took a lot of trouble to mention all the support towers and a conspicuous ladder down. In a game with magic wands, the need to explain gondola support systems seems like the game is saying we must be able to go down that ladder and explore the highly dangerous jungle! Didn't gondola guy mention some super valuable jewel? that would solve our money problems... I'm sure it won't be guarded...
Finally, back to Mizniaport's...

Skyway Entrance
The gondola glides to a halt at the loading dock.
"All off," calls the conductor as the hatch swings open. "Thank you for riding the Miznia Jungle Skyway. Please exit the Skycar in an orderly manner."

>enter gondola
"Wait yer turn, buddy," growls a passenger in front of you.
The last few passengers are shuffling out of the gondola.

>z
Time passes.
Eager passengers surge into the emptied gondola. "All aboard, please," announces the conductor unnecessarily.

>enter gondola
You shove your way into the gondola.

Skyway Entrance, in the gondola
Aggressive ad campaigns and the deregulation of ZIFMIA spells have made Miznia's Jungle Skyway the fifth biggest tourist attraction in the Southlands. Passengers are crowding for a space in the gondola.
"Stay clear of the door, please," calls the conductor as the last few passengers squeeze into the gondola.

>z
Time passes.
The gondola slides away from the dock and glides west, high over the jungle.
"Welcome to the Miznia Jungle Skyway." drawls the conductor, his voice heavy with boredom.
Over Jungle, in the gondola
Your gondola is gliding west, high over the lush jungles and sparkling rivers of Miznia. The loading dock is receding into the haze.

>z
Time passes.
The gondola glides over the jungle, towards a tall support tower.
"The jungles of Miznia are the spawning grounds of the deadly bloodworm," drones the conductor. "Often mistaken for a mossy boulder, the bloodworm's fangs extend up to 32 inches during an attack."
"Oooh," murmurs the crowd.

>z
Time passes.
The gondola is gliding just a few feet from the top of the support tower.
"The tower to your right is one of several erected to elevate the Skyway above the treetops," explains the conductor. "Before the Skyway opened in 882 GUE, an average of twenty Miznia Jungle Train passengers died of wormbite each year."
The crowd giggles nervously.
Beside Tower, in the gondola
Your gondola is passing a few feet away from a Skyway support tower. A small maintenance platform is enclosed within the steel girders; beside it, you notice a skinny ladder leading down towards the treetops.


I can see why the poor conductor is so bored. Wonder how many times he recites his script every day. We've heard enough, though.

>get out
Children tug their parents' sleeves and point as you clamber over the gondola's edge.

Maintenance Platform
A spiderweb of structural steel rises above the treetops, tapering up to this narrow vantage near the top. The topmost rungs of a skinny ladder are within your reach.
A gondola is gliding close by the platform.
"Passengers will please remain seated," drones the conductor.
The gondola turns and glides south, away from the support tower.

>d
You scramble down the ladder.

Support Tower
Steel girders rise high above the treetops of the surrounding jungle. Peering upward, you notice a gondola gliding overhead.
A skinny ladder leads upward.
The gondola glides southward, and is soon out of sight.

>se
Quicksand
A strip of dry path winds alongside a pool of quicksand. You see a baby hungus stuck into the wet, gritty surface.
A mother hungus is standing nearby, gazing anxiously at her baby.
The mother hungus bellows impotently.


Aww, it's so cute, struggling for life like that.

>se
The baby hungus bellows mournfully as you walk away.

Creepers
A slimy tangle of vines and creepers dangles high overhead, swinging to and fro in the humid breeze.
A crocodile charges in from the south!


Hmm. This jungle might be a dangerous place to wander around.

>se
Underbrush
Unseen creatures scurry out of your path as you struggle through the damp underbrush.
A cane lies in a clump of grass.
The crocodile charges in from the northwest!
The wind changes direction again.

>take cane
Taken.
The crocodile feints to one side, jaws snapping.

>w
Ferns
A natural canopy of ferns mutes the sunlight to a cool, emerald dusk.
The crocodile charges in from the east!

>sw
Fungus
The ground here is concealed beneath a growth of fungus, green and squishy.
The undergrowth nearly conceals a vellum scroll.
The underbrush almost conceals a mossy rock.
The crocodile charges in from the northeast!
A fresh wind blows from a new direction.

>take scroll
Taken.
The crocodile closes in with its jaws. Yow!
[Your endurance just went down.]
(14/18)

>sw
As you step past the rock, a three-foot set of fangs leaps out at you, barely missing your throat!
The bloodworm rears up as it sees you.
The crocodile gives you a nasty snap!
[Your endurance just went down.]
(9/18)

Oh yeah, the creature disguised as a rock. Run!

>s
Waterfall
A dazzling cascade roars down from a ledge overhead, fed by the snowy peaks rising to the south.


Hmm, nothing followed.

>sw
Thriff
Trim white cottages are clustered around a central grove of mountain firs, tall and lovingly tended. A little chapel graces the west side of the street, its front doors wide open.
Turning south, you see a narrow trail winding up into the mountains.


... because we're out of the random dungeon area and once again in civilization! Time for Gladstone to listen to his advisors again. Oh, and besides the mentioned exits west to the chapel and south up the mountain trail, there's another unexplored exit northwest. We didn't see quite everything in the jungle yet either.

One last minute addition:

>read vellum scroll
The meaning of the vellum scroll is obscure. It seems to have something to do with weaponry. The word "Yquem" is inscribed across the top.


>stats
Gladstone Gander/Level 1 Male Peasant
EN:18 ST:06 DX:01 IQ:21 CM:08 LK:65 AC:01


Inventory:
Ishmael the shillelagh (wielded)
a vellum scroll (Yquem; something about weapons?)
a cane
a rod of Annihilation
a staff of Eversion (turns things inside out)
a rusty lantern
a rusty dagger
a pack (worn)
- a broken umbrella
- an old horseshoe
- a scroll of Mischief (Blarn; something about yard improvements?)
- a limp weed (spenseweed)
- a stave of Anesthesia
1 zorkmid

Puzzles:
  • Dangerous lightning storms in the Fields of Frotzen.
  • Find a way out of the pub basement.
  • A wounded pterodactyl.
  • A locked stable stall with a unicorn and saddle inside.
  • Get more cash.
  • An unreachable curtain in each shop.
  • Zeno's Bridge.
  • Deal with the guttersnipe.
  • Deal with the cruel puppet.
  • Deal with the monkey grinder.
  • Deal with the slug.
  • Pool of Eternal Youth.
  • A baby hungus in quicksand, and its mother.
  • Deal with the crocodile.
  • Deal with the bloodworm.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Taeryn's Avatar
Taeryn Taeryn is offline
-ryn
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Old Dominion
Posts: 2,373
Default

Map above was updated to reveal the newly explored areas.

Fountains of Youth make things younger. Something that is younger is newer.

Place rusty dagger in fountain of youth
Place rusty lantern in fountain of youth

Perhaps the newer dagger would fetch a better price or maybe have some new properties... That is assuming you can get past the crocodile/bloodworm to get back to the other part of the map...

If you can't, then reckless save abuse is required to determine the purpose of Yquem (try the vellum scroll).
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Octopus Prime's Avatar
Octopus Prime Octopus Prime is online now
Mystery Contraption
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 40,858
Default

Would the fountain of youth refill the Wands charges?

And, if not, use it to annihilate one of those tougher monsters.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
beyond zork , infocom

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Your posts İyou, 2007