PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Hourglass Trailers/Commercials

tungwene
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads7821_video-zelda-ds.html

http://www.jeux-france.com/downloads7822_video-zelda-ds.html

Those stylus controls look very intuitive. I need this game so bad.

Balrog
06-07-2007, 08:44 AM
I'm nervous about this. Personally, if I had the choice between holding up on a control pad and tapping the place I'd want to go I'd pick the former. Maybe this is part of the reason I think RTS's are so mind numbing.

tungwene
06-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I was dismayed when it was announced the game would have stylus controls but after watching those two videos I think I'm feeling better about the whole thing.

TheSL
06-07-2007, 09:03 AM
My hand cramps up with extended stylus use, this game is going to be a labor of love.

Excitemike
06-07-2007, 09:54 AM
My hand cramps up with extended stylus use, this game is going to be a labor of love.

You're not using the stylus that came with it, are you? If so, you should try something larger.

Torgo
06-07-2007, 09:57 AM
You're not using the stylus that came with it, are you? If so, you should try something larger.
That's what I use and I don't have any problems.

TheSL
06-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah, I'm still using the one that came with it, mostly for portability's sake. I might have to cave for something as lengthy as a Zelda game, though. Also, I'm still on an original DS so the stylus is like 1/2 the size of the DS Lite one.

Excitemike
06-07-2007, 10:07 AM
A larger stylus makes a huge difference. I would have never gotten through EBA without one.

nadia
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM

You know what, it's about damn time I got smart and bought a better stylus.

(I'm not just using the original DS stylus, I'm using the original DSPhat stylus! Ahhhh!)

Sporophyte
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
I still use the default dsphat stylus for most games, but if it's really stylus intensive, like Phantom Hourglass seems to be, I bust out the telescoping Castlevania stylus I got with the Portrait of Ruin preorder bonus.

Excitemike
06-07-2007, 06:21 PM
I still use the default dsphat stylus for most games, but if it's really stylus intensive, like Phantom Hourglass seems to be, I bust out the telescoping Castlevania stylus I got with the Portrait of Ruin preorder bonus.

It's not about length, it's about girth. (sorry)

Deadguy2322
06-08-2007, 07:33 AM
The only stylus I can use with my daughter's DSBULKYPOS is the 4-in-1 stylus/pen I bought to use with my Treo. It feels a lot better, and it doesn;t scratch the screen.

estragon
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Hey everybody.

Go to http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/azej/penaction/index.html and you can see some more videos of this in action with even more clarity about how the system works.

It's in Japanese, but the three headings are Run (走る), Swing Your Sword (検を振る), and Throw Your Boomering (ブーメランを投げる). Clicking on each one opens up a new video.

I want this game so badly. Good thing I move back to Japan a week afer it comes out. Getting my hands on this will be embarassingly high on my list of things to do once I get there. Hoo-ray.

Kishi
06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
I was using it while telescoped in EBA and nearly broke it on a Spin Marker. Now I'm too paranoid to ever pull it out again.

alexb
06-13-2007, 12:50 PM
My wife has one that she got for a palm pilot that's pretty good. It's even metallic gold in color, which makes it doubly appropriate for Zelda.

Excitemike
06-17-2007, 01:48 AM
Short interview with Miyamoto about Phantom Hourglass. (http://thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1181971202&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&)

Eusis
06-17-2007, 02:20 AM
It makes me more confident in the control scheme if he's as involved as this makes it sound, but... a d-pad being complicated? I can understand the Playstation and Xbox controllers being too complicated, but is the d-pad really that confounding?