PDA

View Full Version : A question.

Crazy Larry
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Why do we have a forum for general discussion when this one is pretty much the same thing? I'm confused here.

poetfox
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Because here, you don't have to do stupid bullshit like "act civilized" or "respect other's people's opinons" like you have to in that general discussion board.

Crazy Larry
06-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I didn't know people did that in the first place.

Jakanden
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
On this board they generally do, which is why I prefer it to most.

Calorie Mate
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
We really need a Talking Time national anthem, which we can all play every time someone says something like this. Who wants to write lyrics?

alexb
06-07-2007, 06:45 PM
We could collaborate, like Paul and John.

Red Hedgehog
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
An anthem? I could see maybe a creed, but wouldn't an anthem need to be set to music? I guess some video game theme would be appropriate.

(I'm now imagining some Talking Time anthem set to Bloody Tears or Snake Eater)

alexb
06-07-2007, 06:51 PM
We need something atonal. Since this is Parish's thing, maybe we could his vocal stylings, drop them a few octaves, reverse them, and apply a robot voice filter.

Red Hedgehog
06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
After my last post, I couldn't get the idea out of my head. So here is my quick attempt at a talking time anthem set to the tune of Snake Eater:

What a thrill...
The talking time fora call to me
What a thrill...
I'm happy that I found such a site
Jeremy Parish's place
Is Gamespite dot net

I've spent my life
Putting up with the 'net 'tards
(Talking Time)
Now I find they're not welcome here
Filled with such smart and nice members
(Talking Time)
Better than a dream, Talking Time

Beware this ain't NeoGAF
And beware 1337 kids and all fanboys
Here we treat people with respect
Except in the pit of flames!

I've spent my life
Putting up with the 'net 'tards
(Talking Time)
Now I find they're not welcome here
Filled with such smart and nice members
(Talking Time)
Better than a dream, Talking Time
Much better than a dream, Talking Time
(Talking Time)

Savathun
06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
I vote for whichever song mentions me.

..Yeah, even in a bad way, I guess.

philliam
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
pit o flames is more silly

juanfrugalj
06-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Why do we have a forum for general discussion when this one is pretty much the same thing? I'm confused here.

I think philliam nailed it:
pit o flames is more silly

Because here, you don't have to do stupid bullshit like "act civilized" or "respect other's people's opinons" like you have to in that general discussion board.

Funny, I tend to do that in most boards. Out of personal choice, at that.

alexb
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
We're free to get into semi-heated arguments about politics and culture and not feel like we're violating the sanctity of the rest of the forum. We can say something unpopular here and then go out to the TV games board and leave the controversial discussion here. It's a quarantined area. Not that we have to act like animals here or that we really do. It's just this is an area where you know what you're getting into.

JohnB
09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
After well over a year, it seems clear to me that the TT anthem idea never really took off. I ask you, is this an idea worth revisiting?

Probably not.

shivam
09-12-2008, 01:12 PM
wow, necromantic.

but i have to agree with alex from a year ago--i can get into a gigantic heated argument in here, and be completely cool in the rest of the boards.

I think that's why the spore thread in gaming made me unhappiest--it didn't belong there.