PDA

View Full Version : Yakuza 4 - Spring 2011

alexb
09-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Well, I think it's about time for one of these now that the game has a formal announcement trailer. Spring 2011.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31249

Did you see that quick shot of Kage the Florist with a bullet in his head? Or those sweet ass black suits Kazuma and his boys were wearing? Yakuza 3 is still quite fresh in my mind, but I'm ready for a fourth helping.

Dadgum Roi
09-03-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm excited. I hope we get the PSP game, too.

Balrog
09-03-2010, 09:47 AM
I can't wait to buy this day one and let if fester in my backlog with the rest of the series :o

fanboymaster
09-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm glad that, as much as they seem reluctant with the series, Sega is still bringing the games over.

Figure Four
09-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm hoping that the put some real innovation to this title. Yakuza 3 was a lot of fun but it was pretty much just Yakuza 1 in HD. Ah... Who am I kidding? This is Japan after all. Yakuza 4 will be a PS2 game with pretty graphics. I'll almost certainly buy it (damned if that trailer didn't get me excited) but I get the feeling that the series is going to hitting the diminishing returns drop off point pretty damn soon unless Sega does something drastic.

DiGiKerot
09-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping that the put some real innovation to this title.

Well, this is the one where you play as four different characters, so the fact that you're going to be playing a chunk of the game as characters with different personalities and combat movesets should, at least, make it feels a little fresher than Y3 felt at times.

Adrenaline
09-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm glad that, as much as they seem reluctant with the series, Sega is still bringing the games over.

Except for Kenzan.

fanboymaster
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Except for Kenzan.

Kenzan was a spin-off and, much as I'd have liked it, was unlikely to come out here anyway.

djSyndrome
09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, guess what was at PAX this weekend.

dussssstin
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, this is the one where you play as four different characters, so the fact that you're going to be playing a chunk of the game as characters with different personalities and combat movesets should, at least, make it feels a little fresher than Y3 felt at times.

Oh but I'm already so attached to Kazuma!

onimaruxlr
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm more hyped for the PSP game. Since it's about a pit fighter, and the combat system is more front-and-center (which it probably should be in the main games anyway) with a bit of customization and skill-progression, should be cool.

Dadgum Roi
09-07-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm more hyped for the PSP game. Since it's about a pit fighter, and the combat system is more front-and-center (which it probably should be in the main games anyway) with a bit of customization and skill-progression, should be cool.

That's actually what worries me about the PSP game. Did you try to 100% the coliseum in Yakuza 3? It's incredibly grindy, and then I a wall in a major way when I had to fight Kiryu's sensei.

alexb
09-07-2010, 08:20 AM

I play Yakuza for the continuing, increasingly more melodramatic adventures of Kazuma Kiryu the ass kicking, old school tough guy with a heart of gold. I'm not sure how I feel about playing an entire game as a chinpira with corn rows and a chip on his shoulder. I usually prefer to curbstomp or beat that sort into a coma with a bicycle in my Yakuza adventures.

(Also, why do games known for their intricate cutscenes on the home consoles always go for "motion comic" cinema scenes? They look unfinished, like the animatic storyboards Pixar use to plan out their movies.)

All that said, I'll be picking it up if it comes here. I'm just not sure if I'll like it as much as a full entry in the series.