PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Art Challenge 2/6/11: The best way to start your day

Traumadore
02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Weekly-ish, anyway. This week's subject is BREAKFAST. Bacon and eggs. Hashbrowns and eggs. Cereal in eggs. Cigarettes, Dr. Pepper and Advil. Whatever.

Non-rules:
1. The images can be any size or level of polish.

2. There is no wrong interpretation of the theme.

3. You can post as many images as you want. I encourage multiple entries!

I'll be posting a new theme next friday, but you can post your image here whenever you finish it.

Pajaro Pete
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Pretend I drew a schoolgirl running to school with a piece of buttered toast in her mouth.

Then pretend I drew a picture of the DQV family eating breakfast, complete with the Son making a face at his cereal or w/e and Bianca chiding him for it. The Hero is probably reading a newspaper. (Substitute wife and children's hair color as your play style dictates)

Then pretend someone who does drawing good drew it instead of me.

Traumadore
02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
I'll pretend it when I see it, buddy!

Deptford
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j293/ReenayeStarr/ABagelMan.jpg?t=1297186565
He's conflicted. He knows, deep down, that nothing would go so splendidly with his coffee as a bagel with cream cheese. But what can he do? Eat himself?...a Pyrrhic victory, a form of gradual, bite-by-bite suicide, the delight of the taste embittered by the pain of each piece being torn. But it's either that, or monstrously resort to cannibalism, unthinkable to a bagel as deeply moral as he. Either way, he could not attain the meal he wanted most without losing some of himself, either physically or spiritually. So he meditatively eyes the smoke rise from his coffee in the cool morning air, dreams of what could be were he born a human rather than a bagel, and the sun watches on.

Traumadore
02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Clearly. I mean he's a man who wears his second best hat to breakfast every morning. He's definitely having a moment, great expression and I think your lines are getting more confident. The white surface has been a big improvement over the yellow cast your images have sometimes had (digital camera or camera phone?)

My main critique for now would be "don't be afraid of the edges". You shoud continue your drawings all the way to the edge of the image, it combats the sense of floatiness you get when everything fades out. Unless you're going ukio-e or something, which you're not! Another option is to not change the way you draw, but begin to edit after the fact by cropping the image until it has a solid composition. It's something that wouldn't take much time but has a definite payoff.

Traumadore
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh327/Traumadore/breakfast.jpg

Another digital paint sketch, again no under-drawing or reference material. Otherwise my bacon could be much more realistic. I'm still just trying to get my sea legs with the new tools.

Chu
02-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Haha, it kind of looks like the bacon is trying to get away. Neat.

I drew this right when the thread was made, but I wasn't able to work on it because my dad was visiting. Anyway:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/048/8/d/breakfast_by_raizy-d39qnfe.png