View Full Version : Weekly Art Challenge 2/18/11: Life's a Long Song...

02-18-2011, 09:23 PM
...but the tune ends too soon for us all. This week's theme is DEATH, whose personification is endlessly entertaining. Especially when he's sarcastic (why wouldn't he be?) As homework I also recommend watching MST3K's SOULTAKER.

1. The images can be any size or level of polish.

2. There is no wrong interpretation of the theme.

3. You can post as many images as you want. I encourage multiple entries!

I'll be posting a new theme next friday, but you can post your image here whenever you finish it.

02-19-2011, 07:18 PM
I got a new sketchbook yesterday and decided to inaugurate it with this week's challenge. I've been getting my sketchbooks (http://www.bookjournals.com/)for years from this awesome (wisconsin based?) couple and if you want super unique journals you can too! They're all made from recycled hardbacks which are in general a wide assortment of camp.

I might be adding some digital color to is later on.

02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
Welp that's the end of this season.

02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Sorry I haven't been participating in more of these. Much as I feel I ought to get more drawing practice, out of my own personal interest -- it does takes me a while to draw something, at least to a point at which I'm satisfied -- and I end up pushing it aside with a lot of other things, big & small.

I'll see if I can't revisit these past weeks' entries at some point.

I have to say in general though -- I really like your sketch of this weeks' theme. In general though, I've enjoyed how you've rendered your pieces.

02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Maaan how did I miss this one? Traumadore, you should make a catch all archive thread just in case people want to revisit previous weeks' topics.

02-25-2011, 07:49 PM
I thought that these threads were separated so people could revisit previous weeks' topics.

edit: Oh wait you meant like this (http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=6713)

02-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah, like that. It'd be easier to contribute to past threads if you didn't have to dig for them.

02-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah, like that. It'd be easier to contribute to past threads if you didn't have to dig for them.

I might consider doing it at some point, but this subforum is only 3 pages deep right now.

02-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Better late, quick, and rushed, than never!
I wasn't really sure what to draw for this one. So I drew this guy.
I'm got a WIP for the prior Art Challenge as well. Just not sure when it'll be finished. :/ Just letting you know I wasn't dropping out of the game already!