PDA

View Full Version : Needle and (Sewing) Thread


Queen Possum
06-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Having just spent an hour reminding myself why I never did well in school when I tried to make a project with knits on the bias, I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to get any stitch-crafty Tyrants in one place.

In my case, I'm about at the time of year where I do all my sewing, getting ready for Dragoncon, but now that I've got a mostly-organized sewing room, I hope to be able to do some other casual sewing once I get all the spandex and bias-knits out of the way this fall.

Kate or Die!
06-19-2011, 07:02 PM
I do a fair amount of sewing, but 90% is for my dolls (the other 10% is patching holes :P ). I'm currently working on a 1/4 scale yukata, with a mix of machine & hands sewing. I just got a book on yukata-making, so I'm trying to be as accurate as possible at that scale.

Queen Possum
06-27-2011, 08:38 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5230/5879081159_c916637453_z.jpg

That ruffly bit on the front isn't at all what I'm aiming for, but I'm gonna have to figure out how to recreate that later for a jacket lapel or something, because it's pretty fab.

Ghost from Spelunker
07-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I made a backpack.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/naivetotodile/Backpack1.jpg
Using a pattern I bought, a sewing machine, and some kind of denim-like fabric. It's for a costume, but more on that in another thread some time...

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/naivetotodile/BACKpack.jpg
The original pattern had thin straps, so I changed that.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/naivetotodile/Backpackpockets.jpg
Inside-out here you can see the drink holding pocket I invented. When I was inserting the lining inside the backpack I put it in the wrong way by mistake so these pockets are not resting on my back.

In spite of this and the loose stitching on some parts, I think this turned out pretty good for my first complicated sewing machine project.

Queen Possum
07-05-2011, 09:18 PM
That looks pretty good for a first go. Is it Adventure Time? It looks like his backpack.

Kate or Die!
07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Sweet backpack! The straps look great.

On the doll forum I frequent, there's a contest to make an outfit using only two pairs of (new) underwear. The contest only lasts a week, so I have to think of something quick!