PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Tales

bobservo
06-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Did anyone play this? It stinks of Square incest, but it's actually a fun little game. It reminds me of Tron Bonne a bit because the mechanics involve playing a bunch a mini-games in order to become stronger in the main game (in this case, a card game). It's charming, and has great remixes of old FF music. At least worth a GameFly rental.

Eusis
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
It's on sale at the moment on Amazon, but meh. Doesn't interst me too much and I have more than enough to play anyway.

poetfox
06-08-2007, 04:57 PM
I enjoy the card game parts. It's a pretty well thought-out little game with some mind-game aspects that I appreciate, since you can see the elements of the cards in your opponent's hand.
The rest of it eventually got old for me... a lot of the minigames felt ill-suited for pure stylus control, and it gave me no other options. So I got frustrated and stopped.
Also, there was no excuse for there not to be single cart multiplayer for most of the minigames. None.

sraymonds
06-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I enjoyed it when I was playing it, except there were some games that were just frustratingly difficult. This is not a game where I should be cursing every few seconds.

locit
06-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I got a free copy to review for our paper a month after its release, if that's any indication of what Squeenix thought of it. It's actually kind of pretty for a DS game, though I wouldn't suggest a purchase at full price. I still played it more than Pokemon Pearl, though!

Vahn16
06-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Blasphemous!

locit
06-09-2007, 02:05 AM
It's true! It's true! IT'S TRUUUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!

[/is burned at stake]