PDA

View Full Version : So, SimCity DS

Torgo
06-09-2007, 09:07 AM
I didn't realize primed to hit in about a week and a half. Not that I expect it to sell out or something, but I'm considering it giving it the pre-order action. It's mighty tempting. When I think about it, a quality portable Sim City experience ranks pretty high up on most wanted list.

Just the fact that it superficially resembles SC3K (my favorite in the series) is almost enough for me, and previews have generally been pretty favorable. The previous attempt at Sim City portable, SC2K for the GBA, I think is largely regarded as a gimped travesty. Rather then risk that again, Maxis appears to have built a mostly original game out of this. (It is Sim City after all.)

openedsource
06-09-2007, 02:56 PM
All of a sudden, right around the time I'm lacking funds, the awesome game party gets started full swing. Not to reiterate other forum posts, but Pac Man CE is better than I had hoped for, and Shadowrun seems like something I might sink some hours into in front of the television, Picross is coming soon for the DS and I've still got Pokemon to catch and raise on the portable front.

But Sim City really seems like one I don't want to let slip by.

I do think it's an encouraging sign to see - as you mentioned - developers actually reworking games to make them fit better onto the DS and Wii consoles and their respective control schemes (like Age of Empires for the DS).

I wonder if Sim City will be part of Nintendo's Touch Generations line.

locit
06-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty meh about the whole thing, but then I'm not much of a SimCity fan. Hope it doesn't suck!

Incidentally, Torgo, I finally saw Manos: Hands of Fate last week!