PDA

View Full Version : Music festivals

narcodis
03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Any festivals you planning on going to this year?

The lineup for Coachella 2012 is ridiculous. Refused AND At the Drive-In reunite for this, and of course this is the year I decide to blow all my savings on stupid things like tuition.

ghosttaster
03-24-2012, 05:27 PM
I went to Pitchfork Fest a couple years ago while I was visiting a friend in Chicago.... it was pretty cool and I saw a lot of bands I wanted to see. But, that said, I saw a lot of bands/artists who I liked, but were not suited to a big stage at all (and Pitchfork isn't really that big of a festival, in relative terms).

On another note that doesn't have to do with festivals at all, I went to a house show a couple years ago to see a new band from the area called Wild Nothing. In tow was my roommate at the time and a girl I was madly uh... interested in. She ended up wanting to leave before Wild Nothing played and I obliged. A few weeks later, the Wild Nothing album got "Best New Music" on Pitchfork... that was probably the last house show that dude will ever play.

narcodis
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
On another note that doesn't have to do with festivals at all, I went to a house show a couple years ago to see a new band from the area called Wild Nothing. In tow was my roommate at the time and a girl I was madly uh... interested in. She ended up wanting to leave before Wild Nothing played and I obliged. A few weeks later, the Wild Nothing album got "Best New Music" on Pitchfork... that was probably the last house show that dude will ever play.

Rockblocked!

Posaune
03-24-2012, 08:18 PM
If I was home I'd probably check out the 80/35 show in Des Moines, but Pitchfork's lineup in the past few years hasn't really done much for me (although I've been out of the country and not really looking hard, anyway).

In Korea there's the Jisan Valley Rock festival and the headliners are Radiohead and the Stone Roses (don't really care about either), so maybe that once more of the lineup is announced.

My favorite Pitchfork memory is fro 2007 when I saw De La Soul there.

Violentvixen
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Never been to one. We were going to go to Sasquatch last year but I was the only one in my group to get tickets AND I broke a tooth and had a $700 dentist bill so selling the tickets had to be done.

I really would like to go someday.