PDA

View Full Version : Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes?

Alixsar
04-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Firefly is awesome but I don't consider him one because he wasn't a ninja until one day "oh lol j/k he's a ninja" yeah whatever, and those other ninjas are stupid and you're dumb for liking them.

So, the question is, who is the best GI Joe ninja?

Ike
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
The best one was the one with the action figure that turned clear when you put him in the freezer. Stealth action bitches.

Octopus Prime
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM
What about Jinx, man?

What about Jinx?

Alixsar
04-30-2012, 12:15 PM
I put her in the poll. She falls under the umbrella of "The stupid ones" :cool:

I'm allowing multiple votes because I accidentally clicked it because I'm smart, but I made it intentionally public so we're on the honor system here. Honor like, you know, ninjas have? Wait that's samurai. It's okay GI Joe never really drew a distinction.

Morbid Coffee
04-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Grey Fox.

BEAT
04-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Leonardo

He leads

Parish
04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I always wanted a TMNT/Ghost in the Shell team-up. Donatello "does machines," and "in A.D. 2029, people love machines." I think the crossover appeal should be obvious!

Also, Jinx was always the best. Yes, she's a ninja warrior, but she always took the time to paint her nails because you can't fight evil without looking beautiful. (Check the figure, nail polish is one of its few paint apps.)

Wolfgang
04-30-2012, 03:05 PM
I always wanted a TMNT/Ghost in the Shell team-up. Donatello "does machines,"

The latest TMNT comics series from IDW has Donatello as a forum-lurking nerd whose username is "Duz_Machines_84".

Haw!

Sarge
04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
I was about to say there was some really creative math going on with the percentages... then realized that, yes, you're literally not counting the stupid ones. Good show, sir.

ArugulaZ
04-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Breath mint!
Candy mint!

Alixsar
04-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I was about to say there was some really creative math going on with the percentages... then realized that, yes, you're literally not counting the stupid ones. Good show, sir.

One of the options is there simply because I writing "T'Jbang" makes me laugh.

I mean, how do you say that? Tuh-juh-bang? Juh-bang? Teegeh-bang? T.J.-Bang?!?

I always wanted a TMNT/Ghost in the Shell team-up. Donatello "does machines," and "in A.D. 2029, people love machines." I think the crossover appeal should be obvious!

Thank you for ruining everything ever, Parish.

Eirikr
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Let's not overlook option C: Hiro Yamato, the greatest ninja ever released with an O-ring.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/31815/2195140-corpschin2.jpg

Torzelbaum
04-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Like the thread title says - the choice is really between Storm Shadow or Snake Eyes. All of the rest are inconsequential. Snake Eyes win because Storm Shadow is always getting punked out by everyone. That's what happens when you try to be a ninja while wearing white (unless there's snow on the ground).

One of the options is there simply because I writing "T'Jbang" makes me laugh.

I mean, how do you say that? Tuh-juh-bang? Juh-bang? Teegeh-bang? T.J.-Bang?!?I'd say TJ Bang.

(To the GI Joe cartoon theme):
TJ Bang!
His name's really hard to saaayyy.
TJ Bang's his name.
TJ Bang!

Wolfgang
04-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Let's not overlook option C: Hiro Yamato, the greatest ninja ever released with an O-ring.

Shit, I think this guy wins by default as he actually looks like a ninja and isn't in some stupid gimmicky outfit.

Balrog
04-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I just can't take Snake Eyes seriously.

onimaruxlr
04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I just can't take Snake Eyes seriously.

Conversely, I can't take the ninja in white who's portrayed by a Korean pop star seriously

I think the thing that saves Snake Eyes for me is he doesn't talk. Muffuckas don't shut up nowadays, so I appreciate that kind of characterization, regardless of how weird it is

Daikaiju
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Jinx.

Alixsar
04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Conversely, I can't take the ninja in white who's portrayed by a Korean pop star seriously

Whoawhoawhoa. Whoa. Who cares about the movie?

Dizzy
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
I see we've been having a productive day in our office cubicles and bathroom breaks here.

Balrog
04-30-2012, 09:57 PM

Morbid Coffee
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM

Motherfucker ain't got no fuckin' lips on his mask. +1 Storm Shadow

Parish
04-30-2012, 11:12 PM

onimaruxlr
05-01-2012, 01:16 AM
I maintain that the movie is underrated, i.e. it is not as terrible as the Transformers films but seemingly regarded much worse

it's also better than the animated movie

and no lips in the sequel
http://i.imgur.com/okdjk.jpg

mr_bungle700
05-01-2012, 02:23 AM
I maintain that the movie is underrated, i.e. it is not as terrible as the Transformers films but seemingly regarded much worse

I never saw the G.I. Joe movie, but there is no possible way in any universe that it's worse than the Transformers films.

So...Go Joe?

Parish
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Few movies are worse than the Transformers films, and I say this as someone who finds the '80s Transformers cartoon and comics unbearably dumb. They are simply completely terrible pieces of filmmaking.

So that's kind of a low bar to clear.

The G.I. Joe movie was fairly tolerable as far as dumb popcorn flicks go. It didn't make me want to die, which puts it ahead of the majority of summer action blockbusters.

The Raider Dr. Jones
05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Rise of Cobra, man, I dunno. I watched that for free on the netflix my old roommate paid for and I'm still not sure it was worth it.

The new GI Joe picture, on the other hand, I will line the fuck up to see Bruce Willis, the Rock, and Titus Pullo shoot shit for two hours.

Ghost from Spelunker
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
All's I know is that in GI Joe: The Atlantis Factor you get Storm Shadow first, and by the time you get Snake Eyes most of the POWs have been taken.

Alixsar
05-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Few movies are worse than the Transformers films, and I say this as someone who finds the '80s Transformers cartoon and comics unbearably dumb. They are simply completely terrible pieces of filmmaking.

So that's kind of a low bar to clear.

Correct.

All's I know is that in GI Joe: The Atlantis Factor you get Storm Shadow first, and by the time you get Snake Eyes most of the POWs have been taken.

Yeah but you get Wet Suit before that. Also, I forget but I'm PRETTY sure you can get Snake Eyes first? But they're in roughly the same portion of the game, I remember that...I don't know, I just always played as Hawk/Duke/Wet Suit since you get them first and you can pimp out of their gun levels and whatnot.