PDA

View Full Version : That stupid argument from that other thread

McClain
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
In which we move bullshit arguments that are busy derailing other threads.

TheSL
06-13-2012, 10:04 AM
So every discussion on TT is going to converge on this thread?

McClain
06-13-2012, 10:04 AM
What misogyny?

Dude, I love women. Point me to a single spot where I expressed hatred for women as a whole.

Grab any real gamer girl, the sort of girl who lies about her gender in forums and MMOs because she doesn't want people treating her differently, the sort of girl that actually enjoys playing video games and doesn't harbor any sort of sexual resentment, and she'll tell you she doesn't give a flying fuck about Lara Croft as long as the game is actually, you know, good, which has nothing to do with the size of Lara's tits or her attitude.

"real gamer girls hide the fact they are girls."

Netbrian
06-13-2012, 10:06 AM
The Tentacle Bento rape game thingie annoys me enough that I won't be visiting PA anymore.

Dizzy
06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Aww, I thought this topic was going to get its own thread--not a trashbin!

McClain
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Aww, I thought this topic was going to get its own thread--not a trashbin!

I was being snarky. Feel free to make your own thread, or there is probably an old thread that would work, too.

Warg
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah, again, let's take it to the Misogyny in Gaming (www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=12774) thread. There's value in being able to find these takedown points at a later time.

Falselogic
06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
"real gamer girls hide the fact they are gamers."

also that they are female.

Dizzy
06-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Here's what I'd like to think is a decent piece of advice for those who care for "quality" discussion on these boards--it's certainly not something I care for very much--but if you want to have a good discussion with someone who holds a viewpoint contrary to your own or you find offensive, telling them to go fuck themselves or calling them an asshole is probably not the best route to persuading them they are wrong and probably the best way to create hostility. Unless that is your quest.

If you don't care at all about wanting to engage some "asshole" and want to snarkbomb them, that's quite alright and I like to do it too but this is just some advice for those out there who like to think we hold ourselves to higher standards than a YouTube comments section and don't care to flip out when interacting directly someone they think is a jackass.

McClain
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
also that they are female.

DOH! fixed my post :o

liquid
06-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Here's what I'd like to think is a decent piece of advice for those who care for "quality" discussion on these boards--it's certainly not something I care for very much--but if you want to have a good discussion with someone who holds a viewpoint contrary to your own or you find offensive, telling them to go fuck themselves or calling them an asshole is probably not the best route to persuading them they are wrong and probably the best way to create hostility. Unless that is your quest.

If you don't care at all about wanting to engage some "asshole" and want to snarkbomb them, that's quite alright and I like to do it too but this is just some advice for those out there who like to think we hold ourselves to higher standards than a YouTube comments section and don't care to flip out when interacting directly someone they think is a jackass.
On the other hand, trying to discuss something with a troll.

Patrick
06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
On the other hand, trying to discuss something with a troll.

Yeah, I gave a serious response and the guy responded with a personal insult. I agree that people should try to be respectful on both sides when not dealing with trolls.

Matchstick
06-13-2012, 11:11 AM
We probably don't need one more "Not worth it's own thread" for threads that are worth their own threads. :p The misogyny discussion goes in the thread linked. Good comments here on engaging opposing viewpoints without ad hominem attacks.