PDA

View Full Version : X Japan to reassemble, form Voltron, Kill You

djSyndrome
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Other than Hide not partaking because he's, well, dead, this (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=73874) looks to be the musical event of the year.

shivam
06-11-2007, 04:18 PM
oh mother of mercy. i will go to any concert they put on in america. oh my god. seeing x japan live was a dream that i thought would never happen.

/excited.

Squall
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
X-Japan without Hide is kind of lame, but Toshi pretty much made the band anyways.

SDMX
06-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Other than Hide not partaking because he's, well, dead...

Oh man, are you in for the flesh-eating surprise of the century!

Armored Robo Zaza Gabor
06-12-2007, 06:59 AM
That band was designed by Yoshitaka Amano as part of Final Fantasy IV. Is that Cecil on the vocals?

djSyndrome
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
oh mother of mercy. i will go to any concert they put on in america. oh my god. seeing x japan live was a dream that i thought would never happen.

So I told Danielle about this last night, in the hopes that she might want to go. Since we're not making it to AX to see that S.K.I.N. thing. Her response?

Gackt > X Japan. She made the greater than sign with her hand and everything.

I swear, I wanted to throttle her right there. Can I tag along if you go?

shivam
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
dude. that's...incomprehensible. how, by any metric, can gackt even REMOTELY approach the sheer power of X Japan?

Heather and I have already pretty much finalized going to this show, wherever it is.

djSyndrome
06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
dude. that's...incomprehensible. how, by any metric, can gackt even REMOTELY approach the sheer power of X Japan?

Heather and I have already pretty much finalized going to this show, wherever it is.

I have no clue. I'm guessing because Gackt's not 40-something and is somewhat gorgeous that he gets the gold trophy in her eyes.

In all honesty I will cop to enjoying Gackt, but if I had a gun to my temple and had to choose, X Japan would come out on top.

shivam
06-12-2007, 11:06 AM
i liked gackt when he was in malice mizer. and his first few solos were great. but man, X Japan is one of the greatest hard rock/metal bands in the world, and are responsible for pretty much all of J Rock. Yes, not having Hide will be a damned shame? but Toshi and Yoshiki and Heath! oh man. i can't effing wait.

Armored Robo Zaza Gabor
06-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Now way this band is everything you guys say it is. First, J-Walk is more influential in the very beginings of modern anime and jpop music. And also, Guitar Woolf grabs X Japan by the balls to discover the meaning of nothingness.

Plus I think they have a new album! http://www.jaywalk.co.jp/index_pc.html

Awesome.

shivam
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
uh, anime and pop music (not equal) rock and metal. X Japan is heavily influenced by folks like Guns and Roses and Metallica, as well as heavy blues forms, as evinced by their seminal debut album, Blue Blood. Along with Buck Tick, X Japan lay the foundations of what would go on to become J Rock, influencing such notable acts as Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer, L'arc en Ciel, and the rest of the glam rock of the early 90s.

Moreover, the various componants of X went on to become incredibly influential on their own rights--Yoshiki is a phenomenal producer and musician, and Hide was one of the greatest guitarists to come from the sunrise isles. Hell, even the lesser members of X are considered top flight musicians.

Not enough can be said about how influential and powerful X Japan is, both as a band and as a cultural force in Japanese Rock.

Comparing them to anime music would be to compare the influence of The Wiggles to the influence of Led Zepplin.

Armored Robo Zaza Gabor
06-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I always throw anime music and jpop in the same bag. It's like everything asian. korean food, japanese food I see them as the same. Or like chinese and japanese people, I can't tell one from the other. Yes, I'm a jerk, I know.