PDA

View Full Version : Slinging Lead IV: I, Zoth-Ommog

chud_666
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey all:

Our semi-semi- regular metal(and else wise) exchange will commence this fall!
I'll blow on the horn to call on all those with the intestinal fortitude and satisfactory commitment to party to participate!

We'll accept 10-15 applicants, you have 2 weeks to apply!

OK LET'S DO THIS CHAMPS

1. Stephen - OCT 28th

2. Matchstick - November 4th

3. Odin - November 11th Veterans of Interstellar Wars day

4. Lord Mokrap - November 18th

5. Klatrymadon - November 25th

6. CHUD - December 2nd

JEED? Presumably first fatality of the fimbulwinter

So just try to mail out by the above date
I'll message you the address lists.
Klatrymadon is in THE UNITED KINGDOM and I in Canada. So this means 2 things:
1. All people in the commonwealth look like 40k space marines
2. Ours will take longer to go out and back in
3. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER

Mokrap of Croton
09-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I'm in as fvkk!

Matchstick
09-07-2013, 09:25 PM
\m/ \m/

callmejeed
09-07-2013, 11:08 PM
I want to apply but I'm scared and confused, like about what in the holy fuck is actually happening.

chud_666
09-08-2013, 01:20 AM
I want to apply but I'm scared and confused, like about what in the holy fuck is actually happening.

We mail mixes out to one another!

One of us!

callmejeed
09-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Okay that makes sense. I'm in!

Stephen
09-08-2013, 08:05 AM
OH SHIT this reminds me that I've still got my mixes from the last exchange sitting on the floor over there.

I'll send the SLIII mixes out. And I want in for this one... just expect to get them sometime in 2016, I guess? Fuck.

chud_666
09-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Bumped cuz wtf.

Join or else i send out 100% turbonegro mixes!!!

Mokrap of Croton
09-15-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, for fucking real. Also, I only have three Turbonegro albums, so I wouldn't be too disappointed in a 100% Turbo mix, since you might throw in some stuff I haven't heard, haha.

Klatrymadon
09-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Like jeed, I've no idea what's going on, but I want IN. Klat's Klassics, it'll be called.

chud_666
09-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Like jeed, I've no idea what's going on, but I want IN. Klat's Klassics, it'll be called.

Fuck yeah you're in.

Mokrap - which 3?

Mokrap of Croton
09-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Scandinavian Leather, Apocalypse Dudes, Party Animal

chud_666
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Scandinavian Leather, Apocalypse Dudes, Party Animal

You are missing out on some breh. Maybe I'll send a bonus disc

chud_666
09-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Extension till next Wednesday. Then we ride come hell or bong water...!

Odin
09-22-2013, 07:55 PM
I've been too busy to check the forums much. Looks like I checked just in time to ride to the apocalypse!

chud_666
09-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Ok!

Let's do this.

Send me your addy!

Also - would anyone be interested in a bonus turbonegro mix?

Mokrap of Croton
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I would be. Outside of the albums I mentioned earlier, I haven't heard anything by them.

chud_666
09-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey doofuses - send me your addys so we can get this jam underway!!!

chud_666
10-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Still waiting for stephen and klatys addresses!!!!!!

chud_666
10-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Still waiting for stephen and klatys addresses!!!!!!

Duh. I mean Jeed's and Klaty's. Cmon you guysssss. Stephen is rarin' to go!

chud_666
10-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Duh. I mean Jeed's and Klaty's. Cmon you guysssss. Stephen is rarin' to go!

I've sent PMs to these 2 sweet dudes

ANY WAY!

Any one have preferred order?

PROVISO:
STEPHEN has picked me up by my collar and tossed me through plate glass. He goes first.

Also - I go last.

Matchstick
10-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Also - I go last.

I'd like to go right before you, please.

chud_666
10-05-2013, 04:42 AM
I figure klaty will really go last as he is in the uk i think. But ill go domestic last?

Mokrap of Croton
10-05-2013, 10:32 AM
no fux given

Matchstick
10-05-2013, 03:52 PM
I figure klaty will really go last as he is in the uk i think. But ill go domestic last?

I'm fine with whatever. You just asked if there were preferences.

chud_666
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
It's all good

ANYWAY

Further words for the new peeps:

1. "Liner notes" of your tracks can be stuck here in the thread for fun and context. Example: my mix last year was post apocalyptic themed, so I had music that I thought would be listened to wasteland raiders. I had notes about that and context of the songs and other BS. I THINK it's more fun. YMMV?

2. I think there is rad value in reviewing the mixes you get when you have given them a few listens. You should read all of Will's posts and endeavour for that level of hyperbole.

chud_666
10-07-2013, 08:25 AM
Still waiting on jeed. He's been offline since the 30th. Ive pm'd him but i may bm him.

Ill give him a few more days to respond or we can move without him.

chud_666
10-13-2013, 02:43 AM
I guess Jeed is MIA? So he's out unless he responds post haste. I'll post a rotation list after canadian thanksgiving.

chud_666
10-19-2013, 09:23 PM
OK LET'S DO THIS CHAMPS

1. Stephen - OCT 28th

2. Matchstick - November 4th

3. Odin - November 11th Veterans of Interstellar Wars day

4. Lord Mokrap - November 18th

5. Klatrymadon - November 25th

6. CHUD - December 2nd

7. callmejeed - December 9th

JEED? Presumably first fatality of the fimbulwinter

So just try to mail out by the above date
I'll message you the address lists.
Klatrymadon is in THE UNITED KINGDOM and I in Canada. So this means 2 things:
1. All people in the commonwealth look like 40k space marines
2. Ours will take longer to go out and back in
3. BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER

Mokrap of Croton
11-09-2013, 03:07 PM
I GOT A MUTHERFUCKING PAKKAGE from Stephen.

I will listen to the fuck out of this tomorrow and review all of it.

I've got my playlist together. Not a very coherent theme this time, unlike my past mixes, this one just sort of flows from one sort of sound into another over the mix. I'll post liner notes when it gets closer to release day. Now just need to start burning and making cover art. PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

callmejeed
11-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I fell off the goddamned planet because I'm a loser. sry

Matchstick
11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I remembered the date incorrectly, so my mix will be a bit late. I'll get them in the mail ASAP.

chud_666
11-10-2013, 04:03 PM
I fell off the goddamned planet because I'm a loser. sry

Can you send your addy to everyone? We'll count you as real last place after mine...!

Mokrap of Croton
11-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Stephen's Vol. IV Mix

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN

1) Temple - "Mountain": I picked this up on a rec from someone here, I think? Or maybe a GD review. Awesome instrometal. I can't believe I haven't gone hiking with this on. Occasional stabs of harsh riffing spaced out between ethereal shit. Their bandname is fucking perfect. I feel like I'm slowly climbing the stairs to the temple on their album cover. Whatever is up there isn't good or evil, it's beyond that and doesn't give a shit about what we think.

holy shit this should've been the soundtrack to Dark Souls

2) SAHG - "Slip off the Edge of the Universe": Never actually listened to these guys before, but heard their name a lot. Nice warm wet-cat bass. I like how subtle the keyboards are. Sometimes they're just peeking around the corner of the riffs and that's cool. The guitar solo and the rhythm riff under it are fucking tits! OH SHIT THEN THEY SWITCH and the right channel is a solo and the left is doing a slinky rhythm riff and then they come together and dp a riff right after that riff!

What's a good album to start with on these dudes?

3) Star One - "Human See, Human Do": I really hate "storytelling" lyrics and different voices doing characters like 99% of the time. EoS's Crimson is an exception. This ain't.

4) Burst - "Sever": I got Prey on Life on your rec, and I really dig it. This sounds fucking cool, too. I always thought these guys were just a NeurIsis also-ran, and then after being sort of disappointed/bored by Cult of Luna, gave up on Sweden's ability to do this sound. Burst is the shit, though. They do the jazzy, spacey trance stuff pretty well, but what sets them apart is the ferocity of their heavy parts. sssssseeeeevvvaaarrrrrrrrr

5) Royal Thunder - "Whispering World": Totally unoriginal throwback vest metal is not my bag, but the singer sounds pretty rad. Buuuuuut I'd rather listen to Heart. Probably really fun live, if for no other reason than to watch neckbeards sperg out over the singer.

6) Witchcraft - "It's not Because of You": More born-too-late-core that's just too on the nose for me. The Swenglish lyrics are hilaribad, though. The chorus ain't bad.

7) Kongh - "Sole Creation": Fuck yeah I'm doing pushups in the jungle and we're gonna fight with NO RULES inside a ring of stones while a shaman screams in some bullshit language no one really speaks. This song sounds like it sweats.

8) Beastwars - "Red God": No shit one time I put this album on while deadlifting and I went so hard I puked up barbecue in the yard. And then I finished my sets. The band is on fucking time, but the singer makes this. He sounds like a wounded animal that's pissed off you made him bleed so now he's gonna get in your guts. rabid shit

9) Bolzer - "Entranced by the Wolfshook": One of the strangest guitar tones I've heard in a long time! The main riff is insanely long but is a hell of an earworm. Tied with Temple for most appropriate album art. I AM GOING TO RIDE MY CLOUDHORSE AND FUCK UP SOME MORTALS WITH LIGHTNING AND LIGHTNING WHEELS

hard to listen to this while sitting down and wearing a shirt

10) Elder - "Gemini": Everything they've done is pure riffjizz. Perfect soundtrack to being fucked up and stumbling around with friends.

hard to listen to this while not holding and in the winter

11) Clutch - "Animal Farm": Only sort of recently gave these guys a shot. They're one of those bands that have so many sounds and albums it's hard to know where to start. I started with Blast Tyrant and I like most of it. This is cool, too. Singbro sounds way more pissed off here. The whole thing sounds more punkish than I thought they were. Is this early stuff?

12) Sloth Herder - "Spiritual Aim": Oh fuck a blast beat! Def a grind attitude. The groove riff around a minute and a half is tard-strong! This is rad. Nasty sludge and grind doin it in the butt with no rubber.

13) Sleepers Awake - "The Fulcrum": I really like this singer! Also, blasts again but this time in a froot loops progmetal song! Plus dude said overruled at one point which is a legal term if you didn't know I knew that bc am a Phoenix Wright.

14) ??? - "???": ??? (http://youtu.be/mDO5H_7N2yg)

i know now why you cry, Stephen, but it is something I can never do (but I might check these guys out, tho)

OVERALL: I enjoyed most of this. I was taken on a mystical journey but I used my couch as my spaceship and the inflight movie was the Charges/Broncos game on the tv that was also part of the spaceship. I have concluded based on this mix and your love of riding bicycles that you actually live in Colorado and are a pothead.

chud_666
11-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Did anyone get Jeed's address?

Stephen
11-12-2013, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Lord Mokrap;1661405]Stephen's Vol. IV Mix

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN

1) Temple: I pimped it here a few months ago. It was my favorite album from 2012.

2) SAHG: Check out the album this tune is from, Delusions of Grandeur. It's mostly new territory for the band. I really like III, too, but that's less spacey and more classic heavy metal.

3) Star One: I really hate LorK Mokrad. Also, who does this, other than Arjen Anthony Lucasson and his various projects?

4) Burst: Yeah, they don't have much in common with Neurosis/Isis, other than audience I guess. If you liked Prey on Life, you should check out Origo and Conquest: Writhe, too. Burst is one of the best bands from the early 2000's.

5) Royal Thunder: Miny Parsonz is the best singer in metal right now. The rest of the band is a couple steps behind, but they show flashes now and then. (http://royalthunder.bandcamp.com/track/shake-and-shift)

6) Witchcraft: You mean this song rocks like its 1971!!

7) Kongh: Fuck yeah I'm a giant gorilla lurching through the woods wrecking everything in my path, invincible, feeding my banana addiction, eating men women and children not because I like it but because I can.

PS Fuck airplanes.

8) Beastwars: Yes.

9) Bolzer: I cannot fucking wait for more Bolzer.

10) Elder: I'm just sitting here nodding.

11) Clutch: This is from the 1995 self-titled album, and they had more of a hardcore bent back then, for sure. Blast Tyrant and the self-titled are their best albums, by a long shot. The way to get into Clutch is to see them live. Their albums are okay, but they are one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

12) Sloth Herder: Put this on there specifically to rub your butt.

13) Sleepers Awake: Dudes an awesome singer. They're a true indie band: no label, paid to produce their first couple of albums themselves. They live in a weird space between sludge and prog. A little melodramatic, but it's about summoning monsters and shit so it's all cool.

14) Com Truise "VHS Sex". You know you love it. Get out your pink Armani jacket and black t-shirt snort some coke and soak it in. (http://comtruise.bandcamp.com/album/galactic-melt)

callmejeed
11-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Can you send your addy to everyone? We'll count you as real last place after mine...!

I'm just gonna pass for now, life has gotten kind of shitty/complicated/stressful right now, and I don't want to forget about this again, which is super likely.

chud_666
11-13-2013, 09:20 PM
All good sir. And i feel your pain. Or my own.

Good luck.

Mokrap of Croton
11-17-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm having some computer problems at the moment. My mixes are going to go out late.

I'M FUCKING SORRY OK

Odin
11-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Life happened, and Walmart didn't have any CD-Rs in slimline cases, so THIS WEEK, once I get some CD-Rs, my mixes will be going out late. May Yog-Sothoth punish me.

chud_666
11-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Got stephen's Thoughts soon!

Stephen
11-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Give me back my thoughts!

Also, someone send me a mix so I can write a giant goofy track-by-track review.

Mokrap of Croton
11-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Mine are burned, will be going out very soon! I EXPECT YOU TO THROW IT AWAY WITHOUT LISTENING, THEN MAKE UP A REVIEW

Stephen
11-23-2013, 09:11 AM
WILL! This isn't a mix album, it's just covers of the new Lady Gaga albums performed by you! ART POP INDEED!!!!!!

Klatrymadon
11-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Shit, mine are late too. They'll be going out this week, though! May my sanity be lashed like a vessel on a storm-wracked sea.

Odin
11-26-2013, 10:33 PM
My mixes went out in the mail this morning! Only *checks calendar* two weeks late! I suppose I'm either at the center of, or excluded from, our next mosh pit, depending on how you guys roll. I hope they are worth the wait!

My review of Stephen's album will come as soon as I can pry it from my car's stereo, where I've been spinning it, and bring it inside so I can associate riffs with track titles.

Stephen
11-29-2013, 03:37 PM
I got it in the mail today, along with a 2 foot hair.

That is so metal.

chud_666
12-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Going out late because printer does not have drivers for my win7 box. It's very old.

chud_666
12-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Stephen's Vol. IV Mix

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN

1) Temple - "Mountain": I loved this track and I usually bristle at these over long instrumentals. Feels huge. Makes me want to go on a vision quest.

2) SAHG - "Slip off the Edge of the Universe": Not bad, wasn't super pumped on vocals. I came down off of the vision quest. My spirit animal is carrot

3) Star One - "Human See, Human Do": Unlike Will, I found this rad. I got really pumped for a lot of the guitars. Some of the effects / keyboards(?) were a bit much.

4) Burst - "Sever": I got Prey on Life Pretty cool - music to fight backwoods retards with. I've given this a few listens and this gets me pretty sweaty.

5) Royal Thunder - "Whispering World": I am a neckbeard (not really [really]) and I'd sperg out over the singer. Loving this.

6) Witchcraft - "It's not Because of You": Not really digging this. An inoffensive bland entry suitable, perhaps, for people recovering from surgery. Solo at the end is cool though.

7) Kongh - "Sole Creation": This is pretty excellent. The singer sounds like the vocals in Cory Smoot's post-mortem album. I guess that is being re-recorded with Randy Blythe though, for some reason.

8) Beastwars - "Red God": This band is wild. I prefer this album to the new one, but they are both fantastic. All their songs sound huge and cosmic, without being 17 minutes long.

MORE TO COME LATER
I MUST NEEDS LEAVE FOR WORK

PART II

9) Bolzer - "Entranced by the Wolfshook": This song is weird. But like, you know, good weird. I can imagine a situation where this is blazing, live, and the drums and odd guitar are the only things my drunk mind can sort of grasp. A++

10) Elder - "Gemini": It's Friday night and I'm at home, drinking cheap wine all alone. This is what this song is for. I'm really grooving to it in current mind state, but likely not others..?

11) Clutch - "Animal Farm": Clutch isn't my bag, but this is the first new (to me) song on this mix that I really got into. HEY THAT'S THE NAME OF THE MIX...

12) Sloth Herder - "Spiritual Aim": chugga chugga chugga blergggghjjjjjj
Not bad.

13) Sleepers Awake - "The Fulcrum": argh. Not my jam.

14) ??? - "???": Hey what is this?

FINAL THOUGHTS
This was a strong mix of stuff that I'd not usually listen too, but got me pumped for a lot of it. I jacked off 17 times.

Take care of yourselves, and each other.

I'll retro review MOUSTACHE METAL soon![/QUOTE]

Odin
12-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Stephen's Vol. IV Mix

TASTES LIKE CHICKEN

1) Temple - "Mountain": This was a killer way to start the mix, and I'm going to see about giving them money in exchange for riffs in the near future. I love instrumetal and this was quality riffage.

2) SAHG - "Slip off the Edge of the Universe": I really dug the two distinct guitar tones going on here, and I loved that the mix was clear enough you could hear them mesh and break apart for the solos and rhythm riff.

3) Star One - "Human See, Human Do": This was fun, but it feels like they tried a little too hard and wound up adding ALL OF THE EFFECTS.

4) Burst - "Sever": The lyrics aren't my usual thing, but this is definitely getting me pumped up. I feel the need to run around and beat things up while listening to this.

5) Royal Thunder - "Whispering World": Vocalist is decent, and the guitars sound like it's still the 70s somewhere. I remember someone mentioning this band a while back and thought they were decent then, and I still think they're decent now.

6) Witchcraft - "It's not Because of You": I dug the chorus. Nice and catchy.

7) Kongh - "Sole Creation": This is totally my speed. It starts, then meanders, then beats you over the head with a large rock, then meanders into a mystical place, and then the beasts howl and you realize that you're at the end of some primal journey thanks to the music.

8) BEASTWARS - "Red God": "He sounds like a wounded animal that's pissed off you made him bleed so now he's gonna get in your guts." Beastwars is awesome, and that quote is a good description of how he sounds. I'm glad to see them getting some love.

9) Bolzer - "Entranced by the Wolfshook": That is a riff. Quite excellent.

10) Elder - "Gemini": This is the first I've heard of these guys, and I have decided that I need more. Where should I start?

11) Clutch - "Animal Farm": I saw these guys headline a show a few weeks back. They were good, but I was primarily there for The Sword. They impressed me with their talent and showmanship, but their music doesn't really grab me. I feel like I'm missing something here. Or maybe it was the tightass security at the venue that prevented any moshing, so the crowd just stood there and gently headbanged rather than go fuckin' crazy.

12) Sloth Herder - "Spiritual Aim": Hard and heavy.

13) Sleepers Awake - "The Fulcrum": That was damn epic. That's what that was.

14) Eh.

Matchstick
12-15-2013, 09:22 PM
I finally got time to get my mix sorted out. It will be going out in the next day or so. My printer is jacked up at the minute, so I'll post a track list once people have it in hand.

Mokrap of Croton
12-16-2013, 07:11 PM
I've got mine all burned. working on album art. I swear to xmas I'll get them out soon.

More reviews inbound!

@Odin: My introduction to Elder was their fucktastic 2 song EP from this year. http://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com/ "Release" from that EP is like ear sex. Which I guess means it is appropriately named.

@Stephen: Dude, I have been digging the fuck out of that Sahg album! Thx bb! xoxoxox

Odin
12-16-2013, 09:17 PM
I just got chud's mix. Will listen to at some point this week.

I'm glad some other people are really late with their mixes, it makes me feel better about my own mix being so late, and it keeps me from worrying that you all just didn't like me enough to send me a mix. :D

chud_666
12-21-2013, 05:21 PM
I have:

All Shall Perish In Madness
and
CHAOS ARISE - no tracks!

I'll review soon. Still digesting moustache metal!

Mokrap of Croton
12-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Packaging mine up today. Printer troubles mean no cover art. Sorry.

Also, I'm not giving you a track list until some folks have listened to it. I guess those of you that are ripping these and then listening to the mp3's will spoil it, but I want to see 1) which bands people can guess and 2) what people think of the ones they can't without knowing anything other than what they hear.

chud_666
12-22-2013, 01:48 PM
You jag.

Mokrap of Croton
12-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Ghost: I have sort of sat out the whole Ghost thing. I'm not a hater, I ended up getting their first album. I haven't listened to it in forever, though, and I never just flipped out over it. The whole “occult rock” trend is pretty cool, I think, just not really my bag. Except for Beastmilk, if they count.

Anytits, this is a cool intro.

I enter the chapel of ghouls. Incense hangs in the air. That baptismal well with all the gnarly faces in it from the cover of Altars of Madness is on a dais. Standing over it is Papa Emeritus with his arms outstretched, because that's something he probably always does. Also, the clockheaded dude from Portal is next to him. I think he's the youth pastor or something.

Nekrogoblikon: I probably would have dug this a lot back in college, when I went through a big melodeath kick for a while. Nice heroic melody in the main chorus riff. These guys remind me of Kalmah, a bit. I like Kalmah. Whoa, an electro dance part? OMG HOW ZANY

The congregants stand as Papa and Clockface simultaneously begin a sermon. Papa is doing his standard “King Diamond without the annoying parts” voice and Clockface is doing is serviceable death growl and squeezing invisible oranges. I can't tell what the fuck is going on and I'm getting dizzy.

A Band of Orcs: Pretty decent thrash riffs, solid and varied vocals. If I didn't know that they had a “thing” where they dress up like orcs I would probably like this a little better. BUT I KNOW. I can't unknow.

Deacons file down the long rows between the pews handing out little tumblers of a dark red liquid. I accept one, and it has a cloyingly saccharine smell which makes my stomach turn. The deacons are all topless babes, though, and their hooters are unimaginably sweet, so I take my shot when the people next to me do.

GWAR: If you're going to have a “thing” and dress up as shit, you should just be GWAR. Energetic thrashy punky music and retarded vocals which I like. I'll never be really sold on these guys, but I really hope they keep doing their thing like forever.

This shit tastes just like Jagermeister, which means it tastes like being 18 years old. Papa and the Clock guy keep going on incomprehensibly and what sounds like disco music slowed way down starts playing from like everywhere at once. Apparently this is funny as shit because everyone else is laughing, including the hooter-deacons. I don't see what's so funny, but I am basically hypnotized by the bouncing sweatermeat. My stomach hurts, though. Like, Taco-Bell hurts.

Asschapel: Tied with Meth Leppard for raddest name. I dig this and I dig the hollow sounding low vocals. Would lift to / 10!

Now everyone is looking at me and just laughing their asses off. I swear to Christ Papa and Clock are now singing “Surrender” by Cheap Trick. My tongue feels hairy and I feel really light on my feet and giddy and clumsy and I'm trying to run down the aisle but I keep falling down. I'm running away from the doors. I'm running to the altar.

Early Graves: Always meant to check into them more. The tidbits I've heard always tripped my trigger. Holy shit that guitar tone is nasty! Is this the album that Steve Austin produced? Like a bar fight falling down an elevator shaft. There is way too much Entombedcore these days, but this is fucking sweet! I will check this out further. It's like a half-step away from just falling to pieces.

Hands are grabbing me and pulling me and I'm floating over the carpet. The carpet is like shag carpet but the little shagworms are moving around. That shit is weird. My chin keeps bumping on the steps of the dais. Surrender starts over. I really like this song.

Occultist: Bitchin' guitar tone and snotty vocals. Vocalist reminds me of the chick from Voetsek, but less annoying. This is cool. Love the Aaaaaauuuuughhhh close to the three minute mark.

Papa and Clockman are holding me up by my shoulders now like you do when one of your buddies is way too drunk. I look down into the altar but all the gray Morbid Angel faces are gone. It's just empty. Empty? Hahahaha, wtf. This shit is hilarious. It's like they're just making it up! I kinda feel like I can stand up now. Clock and Papa whisper in my ear that I'm going to be ok. No shit dudes, I feel awesome! I have a boner and I don't care that anyone can see it b/c it's ok.

Mortillery: Retro thrasssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. Man, it sucks that By Inheritance is so expensive! Damn! This is solid, too. When the singer transitions into the STREEEEMMEEE metal screams it's a cool move.

I turn around and face the congregation. I can stand up on my own feet now, but I leave my arms around Papa and Clock because I just feel like we're bros now. I feel cool, like temperature cool. Not uncomfortable, kinda like in a “brisk” wind if you're the sort of doobag that says “brisk” out loud. I have so much I want to say and apparently I'm already doing it. The slowed down disco now just sounds like really fast twangy banjos or something. Words are just streaming out of me and I have no idea what I'm saying. I feel like I'm vomiting and ejaculating at the same time and it just keeps happening. This is boss. People are laughing really hard now and some of them are falling down. Some idiot has a tambourine.

Meth Leppard: Hell yes at that name! Hell yes at that shredding riff right out of the gate! Hell meh at the lazy ass vocals! Ok, they're kind of ruining it for me. Everything else is on fucking time, though. Actually, I like him when he's doing the chorus, but the rest of the time it's just not working for me.

Stop it with the fucking tambourine I'm having a moment here you fucking idiot. I haven't blinked in like 40 minutes I think. I have let go of Papa and Clock and am doing some shit that looks kind of like I'm shadow boxing. Still vomijaculating words I've never heard before. Fuck this tambourine, though, it's pretty much all I can hear now.

Blood Ceremony: This is OK, but it just makes me want to listen to Windhand instead.

HOLY FUCKIN' BEANS the tambourine idiot's head just Scannersed and blood sprayed everywhere. I want to ask if I did that in a really nasally Urkel voice but I just can't quit with this gibberish.

Ides of Gemini:

I guess no one else liked the tambourine idiot either b/c no one seems mad about it. I finally quit spewing words and Clock and Papa sit me down in a really squishy chair and just sort of let me chill. A hooter-deacon hands me a tallboy of High Life (I shit you not). I crack it open and it is the only thing so far that has gone like I think it's supposed to. Everyone is taking their clothes off now excpet Papa and Timepiece, because I guess that shit wasn't Wide Shut enough yet.

Spacefog: Also a cool name. Set phasers to stone. Strong Deep Purple vibe. That's cool with me. The vocals are the weak link, again.

I slam the rest of the Champagne of fucking Beers and the hooter-deacon who handed it to me looks at me and says “You know what to do” without moving her mouth. I don't, but I can guess, so I whip all my clothes off. I have goosebumps.

In Solitude: Have heard a shitload about these guys lately, from getting props from Ghost fans to touring with megadouches in Wataint. Cool night-time windy riffs. Oooooh, I like this singer. He sounds goofily European in a swanky way. They are making me think of a kind of metal version of Beastmilk. This shit is cool, dude. Thanks for this!

I get step down from the dais toward all the naked people who are running around now. I can't really tell what anyone is doing because I can't really focus on any one thing at once. My eyes are jumpy. I KNOW I see a lot of hooters, though. Some wing-wangs, as well, but the ratio looks pretty decent. Now “Dream Police” (more Cheap Trick wtf) is playing louder than I've ever heard any music. Like, louder than when I saw Neurosis.

Ghost: I like the oozing keyboards in the beginning. The chug-chug-chug-chug start of the uptempo part surprised the hell out of me! I like how upbeat and sugary this is on the surface, and how sinister the lyrics are and how it sort of creeps around the edges of the music. Goddamn this is good!

You ever been snorkeling or scuba diving or something? If you get close to a cloud of fish and swim right at them you keep thinking you're going to bump into fish but they just sort of fold around you. It's like that. Everyone is always about 10 feet away from me no matter which direction I move. I think like everyone is about 10 feet away, no one is further than that. They're kinda all piled up and I can't see much else except the 10 foot diameter (radius? I think radius) of shag carpet between me and the people wall.

Ghoul: This is creepier and weirder than I was expecting! The crypt keeper talking vocals are not working for me. I dig these dudes when they thrash out, but this not so much. It does fit really nicely with the theme of the last few songs, though!

Have you ever heard about like 40 windows break all at once? Me neither, but I think it would sound like this noise that happened and keeps happening like every 10 seconds. Oh shit the people wall is falling apa

Skeletonwitch: I haven't enjoyed a Skeletonwitch album this much since Beyond the Permafrost. The slow-burn buildup to the thrashing is wicked. I don't know that I would like these guys as much if I'd never seen them live. Luckily I have seen them live so I like them as much as I do. Also, holy shit, Kurt Ballou managed to produce an album without making the band sound just like Entombed! Lolwut

I just woke up in the yard in front of my house. My head hurts, I am covered in leaves. My left palm itches. I open my hand and the see “P E M I S” written (or tattooed? Oh fuck) across it. Welp.

Matchstick
12-22-2013, 10:55 PM
CHAOS ARISE - no tracks!

I'm at my parent's place for Christmas, so I can't verify it, but I believe this is the right tracklist for mine:
All Pigs Must Die - Chaos Arise
Vio-Lence - Bodies on Bodies
Converge - Sadness Comes Home
Pig Destroyer - Sis
Cave In - Retina Sees Rewind
Death - In Human Form
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Hung From the Rising Sun
Pro-Pain - Bad Blood
Triptykon - In Shrouds Decayed
Skinlab - So Far From The Truth
Znöwhite - Pure Blood
Vhöl - Arising
Onslaught - Shellshock
Misery Index - The Spectator
Nevermore - Poison Godmachine
Shadows Fall - Destroyer Of Senses
Testament - 3 Days In Darkness
Sylosis - What Dwells Within
Fear - I Don't Care About You

chud_666
12-28-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm at my parent's place for Christmas, so I can't verify it, but I believe this is the right tracklist for mine:
All Pigs Must Die - Chaos Arise
Vio-Lence - Bodies on Bodies
Converge - Sadness Comes Home
Pig Destroyer - Sis
Cave In - Retina Sees Rewind
Death - In Human Form
Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Hung From the Rising Sun
Pro-Pain - Bad Blood
Triptykon - In Shrouds Decayed
Skinlab - So Far From The Truth
Znöwhite - Pure Blood
Vhöl - Arising
Onslaught - Shellshock
Misery Index - The Spectator
Nevermore - Poison Godmachine
Shadows Fall - Destroyer Of Senses
Testament - 3 Days In Darkness
Sylosis - What Dwells Within
Fear - I Don't Care About You

Send me (US?) the verified list when you can. I am retentive about this. Also Will - excellent reviews. I want to go to black mass orgy too.

Mokrap of Croton
12-29-2013, 09:04 AM
I ended up picking up the Ghost and In Solitude albums after listening to your mix a few more times. Very pleased with both!

Gonna review another mix this afternoon, methinks.

Matchstick
12-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Send me (US?) the verified list when you can. I am retentive about this. Also Will - excellent reviews. I want to go to black mass orgy too.

The list is accurate.

chud_666
12-29-2013, 08:03 PM
The list is accurate.

thanks brah

chud_666
01-06-2014, 08:30 PM
ALL SHALL PERISH IN MADNESS

Sosayeth: Not my usual jam, but I got into it during my myriad listens. This is drunk after a 16 hour dish pit shift at a Red Robin's music. Don't worry though. The drinks are staff pricing, and I stole a stack of provolone cheese and a round of restaurant toilet paper. Let's go back to my apartment, smoke up and play Tekken 3.

Maxx: When I first started participating in the TT Metal thread, this is exactly what I was looking for. This is more quit job over nothing and are vandalizing bus stops music. Number on bench. I am not looking for a good time, but I will call anyway. The call to adventure.

The Gates Of Slumber: Hungover. Saturday hellbent. Sunday.... This was ok, A little too sedate?

Primal Rock Rebellion: Some guys in track suits pick me up in their truck. Not a fan of this however. I need a Primal Rock Reactionary to put down the rebellion.

BEASTWARS: Love it. These guys rock and i would say Blood Becomes Fire is one of my faves this year. Though the first album still kills. The guys throw me from the truck. I am stranded in the ravine looking for old sodden pages from Swank magazine.

Huntress: Reminds me of my own Mortillery choice. Ladies rocking thrash is the new cool. I meet a succubus in the ravine. She has the remaining 76 pages of Swank. We call and order the Tonya Harding sex tape. I wake up and she had stole all my smokes.

Eluveitie: OMG. Fuck this is awesome. Seriously this one song changed my whole jam on folk metal. Jeans = creamed. Is that pan flute? I stroll naked into the midst of the Satyrs. We drink the Satyr wine and draught. We dance around the may pole. Solstice!

Cormorant: This song is pretty wild. But my favourite part is how the vocals don't seem to belong to the music. Yet.. they... do... it's the nexus of the universe. Space, time and Satyr cock. Not sure if any of them have bear traps for faces, but I'm keeping a keen look out.

Woods Of Ypres: Yikes. Type O Negative flashbacks. The spoken word bit in middle made me embarrassed to be listening to it. Uh. Sorry guy! I awake sweaty, sticky and nearly fused to a tire swing. It's 7:30 am. It's best if I make a subtle escape.

Kvelertak: I believe I put this on a previous SL jam. It's my fave from that first album, even better than Blood Toast. I make my escape.. I am now cleansing myself in a museum water fountain. The water so cold on my taint. So cold.

Motorhead: Motorhead.

Skeletonwitch: I love this album, def one of the best this year. This of course is a killer track. I wipe my goose pimpled taint try with dead leaves (get it).

Holy Grail: Love the name. But Wagnerian questing this is not. NIBELUNGEN! I have somehow been reduced to using a 6 pack holder as a cock ring.

Scorpion Child: Wild. Really dug the vibe here. The six pack ring is cutting off circulation to black and feverous knob. But I am hallucinating the Don Felder song from the Heavy Metal soundtrack playing ad infinitum.

Christian Mistress: Perfect ending to the mix. I have to check this band out. My cock is full of puss

Great mix guy. I think you other goons will be hard pressed to beat it.

NEXT UP: CHAOS ARISE

chud_666
01-18-2014, 09:49 PM
CHAOS ARISE

ALL PIGS MUST DIE - Must they? Getting this thing off to a hell of start. The recording is wicked quiet. Other wise all aces.

VIO-LENCE - Argh. I hate this guys vocals. And yes I'm sick of people saying that to me as well. The music is pretty decent though. Reminds me of an all ages hall show. Teen-rage drama on the tire swing.

CONVERGE - The drums are huge in this. Totally wild. Consider this a fight in a public lavatory music.

Pig Destroyer - I have been into these guys in the past. But I guess I'd have to say I need to be in the mood. I am not. It's like you are meeting a friend of a friend at their house. You are like "hey man - what are we listening to?" and they are like "Scoff - you don't know?" Looks around disdainfully, then locks eyes in a glance that totally says "hey, fuck off".

Cave In - Not my jam. Kind of the opposite situation as above. You go to that stranger's house and immediately start lambasting what's playing.

Death - Not that other Death band. Too bad. Oh yeah - this is good too!

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Full Disclosure: I started dreading this before listening. End result: This was all kinds of awesome. Now I expect WIll will have one by these guys as well. Hopefully my now higher expectations will make me hate that *mystery* track.

Pro-Pain - and Pro-Pain accessories. Couldn't get into this. But it felt like blow job van music. So it has that going for it.

Tryptikon - At about the 3:30 mark this really picks up. The elongated intro was kinda a bit much. And my own counsel I'll take for who's womb you are.

Skinlab - ick.. This was not my favourite. The screeching at the end was pretty clutch though. Rated: semi-soft

Znowhite - pretty wild, and I like the lo-fi production. Finish 2 shot gun beers in the playground (yes we are back to all ages show) to get ready for...

Vhol - ...3 more shot gunned beers in the hall's bathroom. This song got my irish up. Fucking excellent.

Onslaught - This made me feel pretty OG. Like. Now I want to listen to Nitro. I can't do another shot gun. I am like to get some corndogs at the 711 though.

Misery Index - I really dislike this band's name. That said - this was pretty alright.

Nevermore - Yikes. This spoken word bit in middle made me look around while wearing headphones, to see if anyone could hear what I was listening to.

Shadows Fall - better than the last. Worthy of investigation.

Testament - This was great. Made me want to get huge pushing a wheel around or slaving on the oars of a longship.

Sylosis - Hey this was really great - excellent send off to this mix. Great mix of brooding and kick assed ness.

Fear - I love Fear. Great post script. Makes me feel sleazy just listening to it.

7/10?

ANy way very enjoyable. NEXT UP IS Will's ?????????????????????

Mokrap of Croton
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
ALL SHALL PERISH IN MADNESS

1. SoSayeth: NASCAR-beer metal. Shit yeah! Mind isn't blown or anything, but this is solid. Should not be six minutes long.

2. Maax: Was this the comic book with the dude who ran around with middle-finger claws? Dig that they bust out a solo right out of the gate. Black metal and thrash are a great combination. Really dig the mid-paced thrash break about a third of the way in. Makes me want to listen to Aura Noir.

3. The Gates of Slumber: I've heard a lot about these dudes but never really got into them because pure-retro-Sabbath worship just isn't my thing. It always just makes me put on Sabbath instead. Taken in small doses like this, though, it's cool. The droning buzzing riff is cool.

4. Primal Rock Rebellion: Made me think of a cross between Kvelertak and Korn or something. Not my bag.

5. Beastwars: My bag. Beastwars fucking rule.

6. Huntress: Nice thrashing immediately. This is the band mostly known for having a hot singer, right? This is actually pretty decent. Digging the vocals. Way better than I expected.

7. Eluveite: I just can't get into folk metal. Outside of a couple of weeks back in the day when we would put the song Trollhammaren (sp?) by Finntroll on every time we got drunk, it just doesn't do it for me. They've got the swinging groove, they roll their "r"s, and the whole thing makes me think of a rennaisance fair.

8. Cormorant: A cormorant is a bird. I like these guys alright. This album I like more than the second one. The old In Flames riffs and the surprisingly deep vox tickle my fancy. A fancy is a ding dong. Twin-guitar harmony riff jizz deluxe.

9. Woods of Ypres: Getting strong Type O vibes here. These guys were playing sad-forest black metal last time I checked on them. This is a pretty big change.

10. Kvelertak: Fuck yeah! Along with Beastwars, one of my favorite discoveries through these exchanges. This song, in particular, makes me want to go berserk.

11. Motorhead: Motorhead sounding Motorheadish. Which is what they should do. This would have fit on Ace of Spades, I think.

12. Skeletonwitch: Maybe my favorite album of theirs since Beyond the Permafrost. That may be because I sort of glossed over the intervening ones, but whatever. This is cool shit. I like the bass sound on this one.

13. Holy Grail: This album is infectious. I don't listen to a whole lot of stuff that sounds like this, but I do have and enjoy this album. Shit like this makes me wish I could sing.

14. Scorpion Child: Wears its influences on its sleeve, but this is sweet. I like the controlled aggression in the singer's voice. This makes me think of a less batshit crazy Dax Riggs thing. This would be good springtime/summertime tunes.

15. Christian Mistress: The vocals and the music are so totally different in tone that a lot of folks don't like this band, but for some reason I think it works. One of the few of the recent crop of "oldschool heavy metal/doom with chick singer" bands that I actually enjoy. Nice way to cap off this mix!

Your taste skews much more toward the traditional heavy metal sound than mine does, but there was still some enjoyable stuff here for me. Also, it's cool that you credited the cover art.

Mokrap of Croton
01-30-2014, 01:20 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

chud_666
01-30-2014, 01:33 PM
My output is beyond reproach.

Still digesting yours. Still awaiting Klaty's mix
I'll retro review Moustache Metal too.

chud_666
01-30-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm listening to ???? now

chud_666
02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
WILL'S MYSTERY

1 - There is sort of an OG Misfits/Danzig vocal vibe going on here. My penis begins to stir. But no time for some half hearted jacking off now, the riddler is loose and it is up to me to end his reign of terror, and bull shit mix cds

2 - This is angry painting fingernails black and putting on eyeliner music.. I know it's a bit more butch than that, but this would of been so up my chud hole back in the day. Right now I'm not sure it causes much turgidity. The first clue was a brick wrapped in sanitary napkins and spent contraceptives thrown through my window. I knew the villain was on a day pass from arkham and had an axe to grind since I sold him to the glory hole at the shell station in saskatchewan for 3 pep cheese's and a 1l choc milk.

3 - my penis and thighs are starting to flush a bit. This is pretty rockin'. Skeezy house party music. I crashed a house party back in October. I brought a flask of Jager (mistake) and puked in the drive way. I was then forcibly ejected. But then again Saskatechewan was so many beers ago... How could he be still mad. He said he wanted to party like Frank Gorshin. I took him at his word.

4 - Loving it. But i suspect heavily this is immortal. Which rules. The next terrorist acts were to force pabst in the water main.

5 - RAWR RAWR RAWR! I'm down to full flacidity. My bro would love this though. But he's in a country band. So... Man cannot live on pabst alone. I was forced to purify the beer into water using the used sanitary napkin as a makeshift filter. Tastes like pennies.

PART II COMING SOON!

Mokrap of Croton
02-12-2014, 12:28 PM
The tracklisting for my mystery mix (with liner notes).

1) Darkthrone - Valyrie: This is from their newest one. Fenriz is doing the singing, which I kinda like in spite/because of how bad it is.

2) The Mighty Nimbus - I'll Never Weep: Awesome sludge from Minnesota. There was a guy on GD back in the day named Minnesota Pete who was their drummer.

3) Kryptos - Coils of Appollyon

4) Inquisition - Darkness Flows Toward Unseen Horizons: Nailed this one. The croak vox are easily my least favorite thing about them, but the awesome riffing makes up for it for me. Also, I like Immortal, so maybe I have built up some immunity to croaking.

5) Rivers of Nihil - Soil and Seed: Love this band. This song is the chunkiest one from the album, with the most lifted Morbid Angel riffs. The whole album is tits and has sahweeeeeeet nerdgasm cover art by Seagrave.

6) Flourishing - Fossil Record: Found them mentioned alongside Ulcerate. Actually, I think I like them a little better, since they're not as relentlessly bleak all the time.

7) Incantation - Invoked Infinity: Yep, it's from Vanquish in Vengeance.

8) Parkway Drive - Dark Days: Aussie deathcore = ur lifting/moshing/whatever

9) Katalepsy - Knifed Humility: Russian brutal/slam death. There are a million Russian slam bands, and most of them are horrible, but these guys rule. At least, this album does, the prior one is kinda meh.

10) Krisiun - Blood of Lions: Of course!

11) Last Sacrament - Material Identity: Really weird, uberheavy doomish death metal. These dudes apparently built their own special guitars bc they are so kvlt/spergy.

12) Elitist - Cult Malevolence: They basically shift back and forth from nasty sludge to hardcore to grind over and over. They're a young band, but I can totally see the connection to the Converge-era.

13) Power Trip - Conditioned to Death: This whole album is tits. Might be my favorite of 2013.

14) Noisem - Severed: It's pretty hard to play basically straightup thrash in 2013 and not sound dumb. Or, not sound bad dumb. This is good dumb.

15) Point of Our Resistance (POOR (srsly, they call themselves POOR)) - American Idolatry: Great mix of hXc and grind.

16) Priapus - Killing the Dream: These guys don't have a ton of stuff out yet, but they are killllller. Basically, a looser more reckless Maruta (who also rule, but go more tech)

17) Agents of Abhorrence - Piranha: The whole album is like ear bleach. For fans of Discordance Axis.

18) PLF - Grinder of Fools: Grind band that plays fucking sweeeeeet thrash riffs all the time. Unfuckwithable.

19) Nails - Abandon All Life: Another band awesome at whipsawing back and forth from fast to slow. The Morbid Angel breakdown riff halfway through is bonerous.

20) Homewrecker - Chained Hanging Victim: Death metal riffs, shitloads of reverb, evil hardcore. I sort of recently got into them, this album is short and sweet. Absolutely punishing shit.

21) Territory - Throne: David Rodgers got me into these dudes. They're from AZ. They close this album with a cover of "Buried Dreams" by Carcass, which is weird and cool.

22) Incendiary - Primitive Rage: Not reinventing anything, but I dig it. The vocalist makes me think of Zac De La Rocha but more controlled. I'm cool with that because RATM was "important" to me when I was in high school. Which meant, like 90% of their fans, I listened to them to get excited for sporting events/working out and ignored all the political stuff because I was 16 and white and middle class and therefore a libertarian for a few more years.

23) Split Cranium - Blossoms from Boils: Aaron Turner from Isis is the vocalist on this, and probably why this shit gets weird. Half of the time they're fairly straight d-beat punk, and half the time they get goofy. I like that they basically put a ZZ Top riff/backbeat into this one.

Mokrap of Croton
02-12-2014, 01:21 PM
CHAOS ARISES

All Pigs Must Die - Chaos Arise: You turned me on to these guys. Thanks! There are a lot of bands taking the Wolverine Blues/To Ride... era Entombed death'n'roll thing and making it way more badass (faster). Love the thrash riffing and the vocals. I don't listen to this as much as I should. A good band in a rapidly crowding field.

Vio-Lence - Bodies on Bodies: I never did really listen to these dudes, even though I love thrash. Oh yeah, it's because the vocals are fucking hilariously bad. It's also why I don't listen to Hirax. Fight me.

Everything else is tight, though.

Converge - Sadness Comes Home: Big Converge fan. I ignore their lyrics, because I don't want to start crying or feeling sorry for myself or whatever while I'm lifting weights. Good thing Jacob Bannon is not really the vocalist! Protip: dog barking into a distortion pedal! Jacob is just their official frontman/neck tattoo.

I LOVE that they've added thrash metal chops to their sound. I've read that this turned a lot of people off. Those people are probably anarchovegans who run DIY sexpositive dental clinics, though.

Pig Destroyer - Sis: Another one that doofus ne'er do wells on the internet pooped on because it was too badass and fun! PxDx added some chunky breakdown riffs to a formula they already added Slayer to on their previous (best) album? FUCKING BONER, BRO. OMG this song is so many deadlift.

Scott Hull is the motherfucking RIFFLORD of his generation. Galaxy-wide all star, bitch. What Bobby Hull is to hockey as SEE WHAT I DID THERE

Bonus points: when you're lifting to an album full of riffs played by a dude who is swole. It's like his muscles are telling your ears to tell your muscles to get their shit together!

Cave In - Retina Sees Rewind: Another band I ignored until you told me to check them out. I have their first album, which is pretty cool thrashy metalcore. Pretty cool, but honestly didn't age all that well. I have the album they went straight up space rock on, and I dig it but the vocals get a little whiny for me sometimes, and not the kind of whiny I like. The most recent one is pretty cool, though. Sort of a mix of all their styles. Also, convenient for someone who is not going to go dig through their whole catalog, haha.

This song was pretty rad, though. Shit, maybe I should check them out further. I mean, it's not like there are a billion other musics competing for my attention. I'm glad they totally wimped out and quit playing straightup metalcore, because there are better bands doing that (see Converge, obvs). This is kinda like Hawkwind played by dudes in plaid shirts with poor posture.

Death - In Human Form: Third band in a row that changed its sound a bit over the years. They ruled in each of their incarnations. This was actually the first Death album I bought! You know, Spiritual Healing may be the only one I don't like. Which is weird, because I generally like James Murphy (he was on the one good Testament album and Disincarnate (unh! Disincarnate!)), but that one just dragged. Also, the stupid song about how the death penalty is awesome and how people "get off" on insanity pleas. That's some ignorant shit, dude.

Oh, ITP. Ok, yes this is rad. Possibly my favorite of Chuck's vocal performances. Straddling the line between the deeper growl of his earlier stuff and the high rasp he did later.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Hung From the Rising Sun: Scott rifflord Hull musclestrumming a guitar in Heaven while angels' bowels erupt from the massive bass sound.

hnnnnngggggggg

Also, fourth band in a row with massive sound changes that still sounds awesome.

I fucking LOVE Richard Johnson's vocals. I also love that his name is two different words for dick and that he looks like a manager, but like a cool manager who's not going to bust your ass all the time.

MORE WILL BE LATER

Matchstick
02-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Vio-Lence - Bodies on Bodies: I never did really listen to these dudes, even though I love thrash. Oh yeah, it's because the vocals are fucking hilariously bad. It's also why I don't listen to Hirax. Fight me.

Yeah, I debated including them, but the music is good and the vocals amuse me although I understand people that can't deal with them.

I LOVE that they've added thrash metal chops to their sound. I've read that this turned a lot of people off. Those people are probably anarchovegans who run DIY sexpositive dental clinics, though.

The sound of the band and especially the guitars when Jacob is screaming "Sadness comes home" is everything I love about Kurt Ballou's production.

Pig Destroyer - Sis: Another one that doofus ne'er do wells on the internet pooped on because it was too badass and fun! PxDx added some chunky breakdown riffs to a formula they already added Slayer to on their previous (best) album? FUCKING BONER, BRO. OMG this song is so many deadlift.

It turns out that I most enjoy grindcore when it's mixed in with other stuff.

chud_666
02-15-2014, 09:23 PM
WILL'S MYSTERY

1 - There is sort of an OG Misfits/Danzig vocal vibe going on here. My penis begins to stir. But no time for some half hearted jacking off now, the riddler is loose and it is up to me to end his reign of terror, and bull shit mix cds

2 - This is angry painting fingernails black and putting on eyeliner music.. I know it's a bit more butch than that, but this would of been so up my chud hole back in the day. Right now I'm not sure it causes much turgidity. The first clue was a brick wrapped in sanitary napkins and spent contraceptives thrown through my window. I knew the villain was on a day pass from arkham and had an axe to grind since I sold him to the glory hole at the shell station in saskatchewan for 3 pep cheese's and a 1l choc milk.

3 - my penis and thighs are starting to flush a bit. This is pretty rockin'. Skeezy house party music. I crashed a house party back in October. I brought a flask of Jager (mistake) and puked in the drive way. I was then forcibly ejected. But then again Saskatechewan was so many beers ago... How could he be still mad. He said he wanted to party like Frank Gorshin. I took him at his word.

4 - Loving it. But i suspect heavily this is immortal. Which rules. The next terrorist acts were to force pabst in the water main.

5 - RAWR RAWR RAWR! I'm down to full flacidity. My bro would love this though. But he's in a country band. So... Man cannot live on pabst alone. I was forced to purify the beer into water using the used sanitary napkin as a makeshift filter. Tastes like pennies.

PART II COMING SOON!

PART II

6 - I'll get you next time Gadget! NEXT TIME!!!! All seriousness though. This was really cool! It's saturday night brah, full on...

7 - Loving this. Another Ork singer. After a year of heavily listening to Ghost, Kvelertak, BEASTWARS and a lifetime of GWAR, I'm starting to get back into some more obtuse metal. So this this scratches that itch. You know what else itched? My ass hole after the Riddler broke into my house and ate out my bum with his cat like tongue for hours on end.

8 - I didn't enjoy the vocals, but everything else got me pumped up.. I am sitting drinking craft beers and st germain cocktails. Dinner? kim chi. A mistake considering the layers of skin Frank took off my rim. I've been farting blood and cabbage all night. All nights. Always. Forever.

9 - HUGE. God this is wild. No penis jokes necessary. Feel like I'm raiding the coast of ireland listening to this. SKAL!

10 - Similar vein as the last, not as fully excellent though. I've been fortifying my butthole with an ice cube to easy the chili pains,

11 - whoa. Great opening. Feel like a gladiator. Or some other masculine stereotype. Vocals I'm less excited about. But still very excellent.

12 - Whoa. Lo fi as fuck. Good though. I track the Riddler down to the Casting Couch set. I kick down the door and...

13 - This is an incredible track. I kick down the door and immediately slip in a puddle of female ejaculate. As I pass out I can hear Cytheria working and the Riddler appears above me.. FADE TO BLACK. Awesome Robocop 2 sample.

14 - In my subconscious state I am at a bush party. I have drank 15 Old Milwaukees. I jump through the bonfire. My spirit animal is sweat.

15 - This was less my jam than the last few. Not objectionable. Just...
I come to. I am now on the couch. Men in green leotards are unfastening their body suit crotch buttons. I smell their sex.

16 - This is kinda the same song. They pull their wangs out. To the surprise of no-one they are all question mark shaped. The head is actually a free floating orb, finishing the punctuation.

17 - I love how brutal and lo fi this is. BOOM. Hall show. I guile kick the guys dick head right out the window. ( the upside down, down middle kick. fuck yes)

18 - Wow. This is enormous.. You may tell - I rate songs purely on a base emotional reaction. This is why dream theatre makes me want to eat an extension cord. Great musicians, no doubt, but who cares? This got me right in the mayo jar.

19 - More solid stuff. I love how the vocals seem to bleed into the guitar effects. I escape the couch. I see the Riddler's evil plan finally..

20 -ACGHHGH. This got me, "turnt" as the kids say. The plan is for Cytheria to ejaculate into the cities water supply! DIABOLICAL

21 - God all these songs are getting so huge. It's I want to trash the place good. Before I can do anything the Riddler catches my wrist with the curvature of his question mark shaped cock. "ONE OF US" he exclaims as he forces me to drink a mighty draught of Cytheria's ejaculate.

22 - Something Rage Against The Machine like here. Not a fan. I am a fan of heaping ale horns of Cytheria-juice. AHHhhhhhhhhhh

23 - Killer finisher here. Very sloppy and rough - end of set music.
OH CYTHERIDDLERIA - I HAVE ACHIEVED TRANSCENDENCE

HEY

I loved this mix overall.

I will now read your spoilers and possibly fart in your towels.

Klatrymadon
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I haven't forgotten about this or bailed out, I promise. My comp will still slither its squamous way to you, and I'll still be posting thoughts on yours, etc! I'm really sorry that I'm now MONTHS behind. (Just got a lot of boring shit going on.)

chud_666
04-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm a little bummed how moribund this was.

Anyhoo - how did everyone (anyone?) like their complementary Turbonegro mixes?

Sir Sly Ry
03-12-2015, 10:04 AM
I wasn't a part of this mix, but I got sent a couple anyway. I still have to listen to Will's. I'm guessing "Tastes Like Chicken" was Stephen's?

Anyway, I just wanted to say the Star One track was coming off like a bad Motorhead knockoff mixed with bad power metal, but about halfway through the song it gets pretty damn cool.

edit: Ok, and Elder fucking bring it. I love the Spires Burn/Release EP. Guess I need to listen to more of this band, because they sound like they're probably my favorite of these stoner rock/metal bands.

Mokrap of Croton
03-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Oh wow.

Yeah, this one just died out. Let me know what you think of mine.

xoxo

Sir Sly Ry
03-13-2015, 12:23 AM
I will. I think Stephen's needs a second listen. There was some good stuff. This goofy Star One track is intriguing me though...

It's funny, Odin and chud complained about the effects or keyboards....but to me that was the best part. The first half of the song is so forgettable, and then all the sudden crazy techno badass keyboard riff. It sounds like something Horse the Band would do (and pull off, because Horse the Band is awesome). But this works too!

The guitar, power-Motorhead metal stuff is ok after this point too, but I like when this song goes off the rails.

Sir Sly Ry
03-13-2015, 03:28 PM
???????

1) I haven’t picked up this album yet but I’ve thought about it many times. I thought I recognized this because I have checked it out before. Solid heavy metal with gusto…and awful vocals. And a guitar lead! I like it. Good tune.

2) God this sounds familiar. Oh! It’s The Mighty Nimbus. I checked this album out a couple of times in the past. Maybe I need to pick this one up too! I like how it ends super sludgy.

3) Throwback to classic metal. Ah, the riff and leads starting at 2:40 elevates this because I wasn’t too interested before that. Man this gets cool though. I’ve never heard of this band before.

4) Inquisition. Will, if you haven’t picked up the album directly before this one, I recommend you do. I own three Inquisition albums…”Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan” is their second album. And it sounds like an older, simpler album, but it’s pretty darn good. “Ominous Doctrines of stuff I can’t be arsed to write” might be my favorite overall though.

Tracks 5 and 6 were aight, but they didn’t do a whole bunch for me.

7) Oh this sounds like Incantation. It is Incantation! I turned up the volume for this one. Nice and aggressive!

8) Anthemic sounding “metalcore”, if that genre tag even actually means anything. Not my favorite thing to listen to, but I bet playing this and really slamming on those opens is a lot of fun.

For some reason I’m really hoping Hatebreed is on this mix, even though I already own all the albums by them that I think are worth owning. Which is basically everything (the first four albums) up until they started to sound like Five Finger Death Punch. Thankfully they dropped that by the time the next album came out.

Anyway, back to the mix.

9) Death metal. Ah, I wasn’t digging this too much at first, but they do hit a sweet downtuned groove for a little bit. Ah one of these riffs sounds very “deathcore”, if that genre tag even actually means anything. Overall not a bad track, but I like the groovier, heavier riffs the best.

10) I accidentally saw that this was Krisiun. But I would have figured it out. Krisiun sounds very much like Krisiun. They have a very militaristic sound. Something about the very hard hitting, very deliberate snare beats. Riffs. OH MY GOD. They actually toned it down for a groove. Only for a second, but the transition into that was amazing. I own two albums by this band. I still like to spin “Assassination” from time to time. Ah this track got a little groovy again, but I liked that first one where the drums mellowed out for a second.

11) They hit a nice dissonant riff that actually kind of grooves. Have you noticed I like stuff that is kind of groovy? What is that sound they’re using? It sounds like a weird note on a keyboard they’re hitting, but maybe it’s just really bizarre guitar feedback. Ah, space alien solo. Good work.
I wasn’t paying too much attention through 12, 13 and 14. Noisem though IS good, or at least their full length album is. That thing is tight. The Power Trip track is probably worth going back to though.

15) Dirty sounding metal/hardcore stuff. Ah, digging the quick-picked open chug. Still, I can’t help but think this kind of sounds like death metal-lite.

16) Well this sounds kind of like the last track. But a bit more punk and grind influenced. Ah, Priapus, I’ve heard them before. Hell I may have heard this before. Nice comparison to Maruta.

17) Yes, full on grind. Dirty and heavy. I approve.

18) Thrash riff to start us off…..well that was ok.

19) Nails. Nails is fucking righteous. Both albums kick ass, but Abandon All Life is indeed the better of the two.

20) Homewrecker: they’re pretty good. Not quite what I’m looking for. But they do the thrashy, dirty hardcore thing pretty well.

21) I also like Territory. I keep thinking “man, this sounds familiar.” I’ve heard a lot of things on this mix before, and own some of them already.

22) Who the….these vocals. Ok, I HAVEN’T heard this one yet, I don’t think. Or maybe I have once. Pretty good though.

23) Straight up black metal from Oslo, circa 1993, obviously influenced by Bathory and especially Mayhem. Nah just kiddin’. This is….well it’s obviously punk stuff. With harsh vocals. Ok this rock’n’roll riff they get into sounds very familiar. I know I’ve heard this in another song somewhere. Ha, you called it a ZZ top riff. Nice. It’s a good touch to the tune though. I like the weird droning vocals too.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this TOTALLY FREE mix. Thanks for sending.