PDA

View Full Version : The Third Time is the Charm: Riviera for PSP

djSyndrome
06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
So you missed it on the WonderSwan color, which is somewhat forgivable seeing as it was only in Japan and contained an ungodly amount of the moon language.

But then you missed it on the GBA. In English, no less. Boo. Hiss.

Have no fear, because it's coming to the everyone's favourite port recipient, the PSP (http://www.atlus.com/rivierapsp/). Like, soon. Early previews have concentrated on the improved graphics (duh) and the apparent fascination with the female anatomy (what?), which means Play Magazine is likely to award it a 11.75/10 and OMG HALVERGAME OF THE YEAR honors.

Torgo
06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
...everyone's favourite port recipient, the Wii

Fix'd.

...amirite guys?

On topic, I've never played Riviera. Seen used copies several times over the past couple of years, but never picked it up.

Parish
06-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Improved graphics? You mean upscaled and filtered but not redrawn? Bleh.

openedsource
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Fix'd.

...amirite guys?

Nah. They're still not doing anything useful with the USB port.

Excitemike
06-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Shoot! I forgot to pick this up for GBA! July is a much better fit for a game like this. It's not getting crowded out by all the Q4 releases. Last winter was the worst, too many games at once. I hope this year is a little easier on the wallet, I guess we'll find out at E3.

So, yeah, I will probably be picking this up. It will probably come down to a duel between this and Etrian Odyssey, though.

Parish
06-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Aw, I missed out on a pithy retort :(

Edit: WTF EMOTICONS

I gotta do something about those.

djSyndrome
06-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Aw, I missed out on a pithy retort :(

I deleted it? I didn't mean to do that! Put it back!

(but not if it's going to break the board)

Excitemike
06-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I deleted it? I didn't mean to do that! Put it back!

(but not if it's going to break the board)

I think he meant the USB comment. Which I really should have followed with a "ba-dum-bump".