Thumbs up:
M&Ms that taste like Almond Joy
Ice cream sandwiches that taste like cake or smores
Gum that tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream*

Thumbs down:
Chips that taste like hamburgers
Chips that taste like coffee
Jelly beans that taste like popcorn

*gum is not food, but ice cream is, so...?

Vaeran
06-08-2015, 01:06 AM
:D Oreos that taste like Rice Krispies Treats
:D Gum that tastes like Sour Patch Kids
:D Potato chips that taste like pico de gallo

:( Goldfish that taste like cheeseburgers

:confused: Oreos that claim they're supposed to taste like S'mores but just taste like regular-ass Golden Oreos to me

I'm a sucker for stupid gimmicks like this. Rarely do I go back for a second round, but I can't help myself when I see some ungodly new chemical-laced combination in the supermarket. I'm always happy to be the guinea pig.

Violentvixen
06-08-2015, 08:35 AM

I'm very happy that I am one of the few people who likes these, because everyone just gives me theirs. It's a good arrangement!

R^2
06-08-2015, 08:39 AM
:confused: Oreos that claim they're supposed to taste like S'mores but just taste like regular-ass Golden Oreos to me

I must confess that "Cookies & Cream" flavored Oreos confuse the hell out of me. What were they supposed to be before, then?

Kishi
06-08-2015, 08:44 AM
I had some candy flavored like mint ice cream once. The flavor was spot on, but it was gross because it was like eating warm ice cream.

Positronic Brain
06-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Thumbs down:

You... you.... you monster! You reject mankind's greatest achievements in flavor.

Taeryn
06-09-2015, 06:17 AM
I prefer popcorn jelly beans to actual popcorn.

Sour patch gum flavor has about the same duration as fruit stripe. Not worth it.

Cookies and Cream flavored oreos is just lazy.
"we need a new flavor of oreos"
"I got it! How about oreos that have filling that tastes like oreos!?
we can just dump the broken cookies and crumbs into the filling machine"
"my god, man, you're a genius!"

or maybe the guy who suggested it honestly didn't know how cookies and cream ice cream was made.
"we need a new oreo flavor"
"how about cookies and cream?!"
"Uh, bob. You do realize that cookies and cream ice cream is just ice cream with crushed up oreos in it, right?"
"WHAAAAT!!"
"whatever, just ship it"

Paul le Fou
06-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Snyder's of Hanover has the world's greatest flavor chemists. Their spicy buffalo wing flavor was a revelation. It was the only snack flavor my roommates and I had ever experienced that actually tasted like the thing it was meant to. Like, "Oh wow this tastes exactly like a spicy buffalo wing." It gave the lie to all the other foul impostors. I don't even know if they still make it anymore though :C

Dampe
06-09-2015, 02:31 PM
You... you.... you monster! You reject mankind's greatest achievements in flavor.

Sanagi
06-09-2015, 04:28 PM
The hint of pickle in the hamburger chip was the masterstroke that took it to the next level(of evil).
Sour patch gum flavor has about the same duration as fruit stripe. Not worth it.
There's a root beer flavored gum that I would like except the flavor lasts about five seconds.

Kylie
06-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Thumbs up:
M&Ms that taste like Almond Joy
Ice cream sandwiches that taste like cake or smores
Gum that tastes like mint chocolate chip ice cream*

Thumbs down:
Chips that taste like coffee

*gum is not food, but ice cream is, so...?

Snozzberries that taste like snozzberries!

Torzelbaum
06-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Doritos have reached a Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game level of ridiculousness:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c74/TheSL/20130415_113214.jpgClose, but not quite there yet. First they need a taco-flavored Doritos Los Taco and then they need to make a Doritos flavor from that. And then the entire universe will implode.

Sanagi
06-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Man, I tried one Dorito taco when Taco Bell came out with those, and the flesh of my mouth was disintegrating before I was done. I mean, I can eat a whole bag of chips with alarming ease, but the dorito taco was a lethal dose of salt.

Lady
06-09-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm very happy that I am one of the few people who likes these, because everyone just gives me theirs. It's a good arrangement!

I don't get it either. It tastes just like a popcorn flavored candy should!

Controversial opinion:
Terrible: Chocolate Orange

Ghost from Spelunker
06-11-2015, 08:22 PM
Popcorn jellybeans don't shred your mouth real good.
And you don't have to put up with all the experts screaming "THIS ONE SNAKC IS REALLY REALLY HEALTHY FOR YOU!! IN FACT, POPCORN MAKES YOU INVINCEABLE!!.!

mopinks
06-11-2015, 08:26 PM
I found a box of french toast-flavored Pretz once, and they were perfect

Japanese snack flavors are beautiful and ephemeral

Lady
06-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Popcorn jellybeans don't shred your mouth real good.
And you don't have to put up with all the experts screaming "THIS ONE SNAKC IS REALLY REALLY HEALTHY FOR YOU!! IN FACT, POPCORN MAKES YOU INVINCEABLE!!.!

I hear you, brother, I had some mouth-shredding popcorn just last night, but hear me this, it gets better.

Johnny Unusual
06-13-2015, 03:46 AM
Donkey meat tastes a lot like ham/pork, but a bit greasier. Just thought you'd like to know for future reference.

BŁge
06-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Donkey meat tastes a lot like ham/pork, but a bit greasier. Just thought you'd like to know for future reference.

You'll love it in Cuba, Marge. There's shredded pork everywhere!
It's carne de burro.
Nice to meet you!

Johnny Unusual
06-13-2015, 09:59 AM
That show knows what it's talking about. Great stuff.

Dadgum Roi
06-13-2015, 11:48 AM

I THOUGHT IT WOULD TASTE LIKE ASS

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLL

Daikaiju
06-14-2015, 09:30 AM
/golfclap

Sanagi
06-16-2015, 07:37 PM
I THOUGHT IT WOULD TASTE LIKE ASS

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLL
If you're going to start telling puns I'm going to hide in my burro.

Torzelbaum
06-16-2015, 09:35 PM
If you're going to start telling puns I'm going to hide in my burro.Don't be so stubborn.

Daikaiju
08-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Has someone mentioned Kasugai gummies? Those lil' nubs are amazing.

Rivers
08-22-2015, 09:56 PM

Some of the flavors are really great (strawberry) but the muscat ones are gross!

Sanagi
08-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Flavored goldfish are pretty gross.

Bunk Moreland
08-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Coffee jelly is surprisingly good. It's gelatin that tastes like coffee, and usually even comes with a packet of sweet cream to pour over it.

mopinks
08-23-2015, 02:26 AM
I love coffee jelly and I was SO EXCITED when I realized I could very easily make my own

muteKi
08-23-2015, 12:16 PM

They are the best thing ever. I just wish the stores around here had the mangosteen flavor...

Kirin
08-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Some of the flavors are really great (strawberry) but the muscat ones are gross!

I like the muscat ones!

Daikaiju
08-23-2015, 05:26 PM
My dad loves the muscat, and the kiwi.

Lady
08-30-2015, 02:51 PM
cheesecake kitkats are on point

Positronic Brain
08-31-2015, 02:33 AM
I had an artisanal apple cake ice cream this weekend that was heavenly. Is like somebody baked the most delicious apple cake and then rolled it into a creamy ball and froze it over.

And this being artisanal, I won't have it again until a year or so because it is from a store that rotates most of its flavors and it is one hour and a half away from my home :(

Sanagi
07-21-2016, 12:36 AM
Booze that tastes like cherry cola, i.e. not a rum and coke but an actual product you can buy: Okay at first but got increasingly unpleasant.

teg
07-24-2016, 06:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4j1UI24.jpg

Sanagi
07-24-2016, 07:09 PM
Now you can enjoy french toast at breakfast time!

Daikaiju
07-24-2016, 07:29 PM
Of cour- waitasec.

teg
08-15-2016, 11:29 AM
I went out to get some roast chicken flavoured Lay's and came home with these instead.

http://i.imgur.com/UIm2WGu.png

Sanagi
04-18-2017, 03:02 AM
Apple cider with bonus creepy maple syrup aftertaste.

There is an uncanny valley of flavor, where an engineered food item that approaches a realistic combination of flavors accelerates exponentially towards tasting like a zombie or an evil murder doll.

muteKi
04-18-2017, 02:20 PM
The weird thing is I detected a hint of cumin of all things, if we're talking Angry Orchard here too