PDA

View Full Version : FC11: Mass Effect (Pt. 2 - Virmire through Ilos)

Parish
11-27-2007, 01:56 PM
More talking. Mark those spoilers, chumps.

Jakanden
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I will be heading to Ilos tonight. Damn this game rocks.

Alixsar
11-29-2007, 03:31 PM
I will be heading to Ilos tonight. Damn this game rocks.

No kidding. It really does.

...also, catch up guys. Apparently Jak/myself are the only two who are this far in the game.

poetfox
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm ready to go to Ilos, but I was trying to do sidequests after realizing "The Majority of the Game" does not include JUST the plot, but also a significant number of sidequests... and I'd like the three achievements coming to me... of course, the fact that I can't go back to the Citadel might screw me out of that, I dunno.

Jakanden
11-30-2007, 06:08 AM
Well just keep in mind that once you hit Ilos you are done with the side quests. From that point in the game you are pretty much locked in the storyline till the end.

I know I didn't mark that as a spoiler as I think it should be known to everyone in case, like me, you headed to Ilos with a number of quests still open and found you cannot finish them.

No kidding. It really does.

...also, catch up guys. Apparently Jak/myself are the only two who are this far in the game.

I finished it Wed night and I think there is another person here who has as well. Once I finish Heavenly Sword I will be starting my second play through of it and this time I am going Paragon.

poetfox
11-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Bleh, so I am likely screwed... I honestly don't mind doing them and not turning them in if they count for the achievements, though... but does it only add to your invisible "amount of stuff completed" counter if you actually turn them in? I have no idea. I wish the method for that was less mysterious. It'll probably be awhile before someone spades out its secret ways, if at all.
Then again, I don't guess I should care about pointless little points anyway, but I don't think I'm going to be doing another playthrough, at least not immediately, and I'd like to get as many as possible during the course of normal play that aren't completely frustrating to complete.

Alixsar
11-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I finished it Wed night and I think there is another person here who has as well. Once I finish Heavenly Sword I will be starting my second play through of it and this time I am going Paragon.

I just finished it this morning. I went Paragon the first time, so I'm gonna go Renegade this time. I still can't decide what class to be though. Honestly, I'm semi-tempted to do Vanguard again because it was so awesome. The final boss was great too. It was a tad easy in retrospect (got it first try), but it was a good rush.

My only complaint is that the game's story sections, which are it's strongest parts, are too few. I think if ME2 cut back on the sidequests and expanded the main quest, it would be an even better game, albeit a possibly shorter one. But oh well.

dwolfe
12-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Do Vanguards get sniper rifle training? I choose Soldier for my first playthrough and ... man I'm glad I did. Enemy snipers utterly destroy you at earlier levels (we're talking one hit game-over's) if you don't notice their targeting light beam.

Jakanden
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
No. Vanguards only get Pistol and Shotgun training although I used the Assault Rifle quite a bit without too much difficulty.

blinkpen
12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Concerning Virmire:

One thing that really upset me about the whole research facility part is that there was no option for, "Ok, I'll destroy the facility, but I'm saving the data for the Krogan cure first!"

I had found myself heavily sympathizing with Wrex throughout the game and had worked up quite a friendship with him by then and luckily my charm points allowed me to save his life. So I was very disappointed that the only option, Paragon or Renegade, was "Fuck the Krogans! This place must be destroyed!"

Jakanden
12-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I can understand it actually. I think the overall point is that it would be a danger to the galaxy to let the cure loose. Even as a Paragon, Shepard realizes this and has to destroy it even if he doesn't want to.

Reluctant Hero
12-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Also, Shepard mentions that the Krogans Saren would breed would be completely under Saren's control. And that those Krogan would not be that Wrex should be loyal to.

Parish
12-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Hooray, I finally finished Feros, so now I can move on to Virmire.

I was at level 41 when I completed the mission. I think I might be overleveled!

Jakanden
12-07-2007, 12:34 PM
From my understanding, the enemies scale to your level so I don't think you really can over-level, can you?

Parish
12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I waded through the blood of my enemies on Feros without flinching, and I didn't roll a Soldier. I feel overleveled.

blinkpen
12-07-2007, 06:58 PM
From my understanding, the enemies scale to your level so I don't think you really can over-level, can you?

I definitely think doing sidequests and earning as many levels as possible definitely made the main missions much easier. If the enemies do scale with your level, they don't scale quite as much as you do.

Alixsar
12-08-2007, 02:08 AM
I definitely think doing sidequests and earning as many levels as possible definitely made the main missions much easier. If the enemies do scale with your level, they don't scale quite as much as you do.

It depends on what difficulty you play on. On Hardcore, all enemies scale. On Veteran, bosses/mini-bosses do. On Normal, only bosses do. But yeah, I agree. My first playthrough was on Normal, and by the time I was done with all of the sidequests and moved on to the main quest, the game was a total joke. The Spectre-class weapons really take the challenge out of it.