PDA

View Full Version : Chibi Robo

alexb
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I feel like this one sort of flew under the radar. I know it did for me. But I found it for $13 at Circuit City and couldn't resist. It's actually very good. It reminds me quite a bit of the best parts of Pikmin and Chulip. I love the exploration element and the way you have to be clever in navigating the house, finding ways up onto shelves and beds using objects the humans have carelessly left around the house.

TheSL
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I had fun for awhile with it, but then the game just started to seem repetitive and boring. The constant need to plug yourself in was also pretty annoying- you expect me to believe that there is such and advanced robot but there's no way for it run strictly on futuristic battery power?

Calorie Mate
06-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I skipped it because I played a random section of it in EB for 10 minutes and the dialogue was still plodding along.

Healy
06-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh man, I loved this game! I played it to the end of the main storyline and then some. I should really go back to it sometime and get all the sidequest stuff.

tungwene
06-19-2007, 03:56 PM
I really enjoyed this game but never got around to finishing it for much the same reasons TheSL listed. Anyone else planning on picking up the DS sequel?

alexb
06-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I wasn't, but it's got my attention now.

Figure Four
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I really loved the exploration bits. I spent hours just wandering around the house trying to find a way into some obscure corner.

Squall
06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I've been hoping to find this game on the cheap for a while now. I've been wanting it for several years. Since the character design first appeared, I knew it was going to be an awesome game.

alexb
06-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I love little Chibi-Robo's design. The electric plug that trails behind him like a tail is genius. And he's completely expressionless and calm, no matter what sort of insanity he's a spectator to. And yet he will make jokes and get Jenny, the family's young daughter, to laugh and smile. He's cute, but not stupid cute. Just endearing.

Calorie Mate
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, there's no doubt about that. As I said, I only played the game for 10 minutes, but I still think Chibi Robo is one of the momst endearing characters to come along in years.